As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Malifaux]2 Ed- Ripples of Fate! Victorian Horror skirmishgame

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Why did I open this thread.

Okay, I'm totally going to finish painting the two sets I have this weekend. Having first gotten one whenever Mah Tucket was released.

I won't even hope to actually play a game, but, like... I won't not force somebody to play if the opportunity arises.

edit: aaaaaand done. Well, not so much done as playable. Amazing how much faster painting is when you lower your standards.

j0fc9yp08l4y.jpg

editedit: adding the other crew for good measure.

uh7ibah4wysv.jpg

Surfpossum on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    @Surfpossum nice crews! Are you planning to add to them? Hamelin really makes a lot of use of the Brotherhood of the Rat box.

I used Titania with her upgrades tonight. Royal Indignation is okay. If you're facing a lot of minions it's great damage reduction. Unfortunately that game my opponent used Asami with Ama No Zako, Yasunori, Yin, Amanjaku and I think only a Thunder Brother. It hurt, but I eeked out a draw.

Second game we played a 4 way, 30ss each. I gave Titania Pact with the Grave Spirit. Wow. Destroyed Francois in 1 turn. Hit twice with Bloody Command, then Rot Within for 4 damage to finish him off. Then Killed a Thunder Brother from Bloody Command, +1 damage from a nearby scheme marker, then finished off with Rot Within. Last action took another Thunder Brother, who was in Defensive stance, to 1 wound again with Bloody Command and using a scheme marker to boost the damage. Rot Within sounds weak when it caps at 4 damage, 5 against leaders, but remember there's no damage flip. They simply suffer damage equal to damage already suffered to a maximum of 4. So you've got very reliable damage. Her strongest attack before this upgrade is Bloody Command, with a Severe of 4. Auto trigger to place a scheme marker when Rot Within kills the enemy also heals her and lets another model use it.

Also, holy shit make sure you have some terrain on the table if Misaki is running The Storm. Being able to place Blasts within 12" is massive. Our table was super light on terrain and she just annihilated my Changelings and Autumn Knights with repeated blasts.

-Loki- on
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Yeah, having (finally!) played a game, I think I'll be picking up Brotherhood of the Rat. Even though we were ignoring the Rat King stuff, just having more rats seems important.

But yeah, we finally did it! It was confusing and occasionally frustrating but I'm all starry-eyed over the various bits and pieces I've seen so far.

I set up everything in advance, and it was just a 2' by 2' board since I'm in the middle of making a bunch of tiles.

b6wis7zocx9b.jpg

I'm actually really loving Hamelin's kit despite not having played him. The synergies between summoning all the rats and Blighting everything and then nuking Blighted things to make more rats... that's some good stuff! I didn't try to make too much use of the Gremlins' abilities, since I was winning pretty handily off of Schemes, so I can't comment as much on that but I liked the whole charging in and smacking stuff around parts.

d4nrqx0f5lbb.jpg

This is about halfway through the match. I really like the whole Schemes thing, it gives the game a much different feel than just trying to murder each other.

Looking forward to playing another round in two years!

So, mulling over a few things and not feeling like checking rules or FAQs or anything:

1. How do the abilities that list, like, "Ca X / TN Y / Rst Wp" work? My assumption was that the two models duel,and the caster has to beat both the TN and the opposing model (so the TN basically acts like a minimum?).

2. The abilities that are like Ca X[symbol] mean that you add the suit shown to whatever you flip, right? Does a trigger having two of the same symbol mean you need to somehow get two (eg one from the ability and one from the card flipped up?).

3. I'm assuming summoned models can't be activated the same turn they're summoned, otherwise Hamelin summoning a Lost which then becomes two Rats which then each activate is NuTs.

4. I did find a rules blurb saying that if an ability can only be used once per turn it'll say so, so does this mean all the stuff like movement, placing Scheme markers, attacks, etc. can be done multiple times? Or do some have "built in" once-per-turn clauses somewhere in the rules?

• NisiNisi Registered User regular
    1. Yep
    2. Yep as well. And yes you would need two in that case. Leaders and Henchman can stone for a suit as well.
    3. Summoned models can activate the turn they are summoned but may not interact and are slow. Hamelin is notorious for activation control by doing things such as what you're describing, and yes he is nuts. He is currently regarded by the competitive community as being broken overpowered, especially in Gaining Grounds 2017 (The current tournament ruleset).
    4. Yep those can be done multiple times unless otherwise stated.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    The only reason people don't run Hamelin more competitively is he's regarded as fairly boring to play against. A lot of people find him boring to actually play as well. I forsee the mid year emergency errata next year fixing him somewhat, once everyone has their Nightmare Hamelin crews from gencon and Black Friday and more people start running him.

It's sort of a gentlemans agreement to not give the opponent an NPE (Negative Play Experience). For new players playing against new players he's fine, but once you start expanding your collection, learning the importance of activation control, and start getting some good beaters like Killjoy or Ashes and Dust, he can be a real headache.

His new upgrades are fairly strong as well - Plague Pits gives you 3 50mm markers you place basically anywhere on the table and spread Blight to models within 3". At the end of the turn you can ditch a card to move one 6". Opponents need to get into base contact and spend an Interact to remove one (thus gaining Blighted in the process). His other upgrade lets two Rats in his LoS drop scheme markers and then sacrifice at the start of the turn.

-Loki- on
    edited September 2017
    Nathan Caroland has posted a bunch of screenshots from the official crew builder app they have in development. It's got built in encounter set up to, like Crewfaux. Where it's different, it contains the unit cards, with clickable abilities and clickable wound icons. Doesn't appear to have things like condition tracking, but basically anything that would require the use of cards on the table are covered by it.

Spoilered for lots of images.
    Screenshot_20170912-133926.thumb.png.d08c6820fbd864596ea224831973c8b1.png
    Screenshot_20170912-134028.thumb.png.e1cf745c35f9ae1ed120c4c075237cea.png
    Screenshot_20170912-134036.thumb.png.c1c1cfddd05a27595715a6e9b30b5c16.png
    Screenshot_20170912-134046.thumb.png.b2ad87a97fb893bf230e374091ffaddc.png
    Screenshot_20170912-134101.thumb.png.e0f2e34a0ab80ea77d006c848d741cf2.png
    Screenshot_20170912-135232.thumb.png.6d680f5d2806fa165b46be4d0b841d04.png
    Screenshot_20170912-135249.thumb.png.afb845f08ef0237265b8474185d7f523.png
    Screenshot_20170912-135400.thumb.png.7620f3f1b1e717dc8b008383336a5c11.png
    Screenshot_20170912-135232.thumb.png.5a4a4f1f9fbe7e369f88779334454f37.png

-Loki- on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    whats the [price point cause that seems fucking hot.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited September 2017
    They haven't talked prices yet. Aaron said the app was in development back in August last year but nothing came of it. People keep asking so Nathan showed the screenshots.

Seems like they're aiming for this year but it's mobile development so... who knows.

-Loki- on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    gotcha, gotcha.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Keeping the Malifaux thread alive!

Tried out a new group that has popped up fairly near me. Looks like it'll work for the occasional game but nothing too regular, but I'll take what I can get. There seem to be a moderately decent amount of players around but just split over a number of clubs in dribs and drabs.

I was excited for new opponents, and landed a new guy but Lillith again... He learned the surprising punch of the riflemen + Lucius + Dashel as a mature Nephilim was gunned down turn one for getting too keen in his moving forward, but then I foolishly let everything evolve into a giant central scrum which did me no good with black blood splashing all over. Won by a single point in the end.

Now planning a second game there, certainly vs Arcanists and probably Ramos.

Both Frame for Murder and A Quick Murder in the pool. Not sure how to play that...

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular

Now planning a second game there, certainly vs Arcanists and probably Ramos.

Both Frame for Murder and A Quick Murder in the pool. Not sure how to play that...

What's the Strategy?

edited September 2017
    Random encounter generated with CrewFaux
    Deployment: Flank Deployment (13)
    Strategy: Interference (Masks)
    Schemes:
    * Claim Jump (Always)
    * Frame For Murder (Rams)
    * Leave Your Mark (Tomes)
    * Undercover Entourage (2)
    * A Quick Murder (12)

I'm thinking I'll take quick murder expecting Langston as the target as even if he's a frame target, it'll only ever be a minion killing him so that's still 3-2 to me if I do it quick enough. Bonus points if I can pull off using Poison from Lawyers or Assaulted from Reporters for the final blow and deny the frame.

Then probably frame myself on my Wichling Thrall and charge it hell for leather at Langston or Joss.

Leaves everyone else free to do the interference stuff, which as I think I'm facing Ramos will be mainly spider clearing.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    Played a game with Titania last night. Friend was playing Tara for the first time, so I took the chance to take double Cyclops to see what they could do. He basically just took Taras box with Killjoy. I had Titania with PwtGS, Fears Given Form and Behold my Glory, Pukesnake, Aeslin with Taproot, 2 Cyclops with A Thousand Faces, The Claw and The Thorn.

I took Headhunter, Eliminate the Leadership and Hunting Party. Such a killy crew for such killy schemes.

Titania continues to be a wrecking ball with Pact with the Grave Spirit. I'm going to stop taking Fears Given Form, she doesn't tend to get that close. Trying to think of a third upgrade for her. I like On Wings of Darkness for the card draw, but its a bit of a waste since she already has Flight. Over the course of the game she killed the Nothing Beast and Killjoy with combined Bloody Command and Rot Within. Aeslin didn't get to do much - Killjoy absolutely destroyed her. The Claw didn't do much - he ended up in Killjoys path, but did a few wounds with his throwing spear. The Thorn likewise didn't do much.

The Cyclopses, holy shit. They don't hit that well at Ml 5, but once they're down 4 wounds and Cyclopean Rage kicks in, Ml 7 with blasts on moderate and Severe is nasty. Tara took one to 1 wound, but stopped at 1 because of Hard to Kill. Raging Cyclops then wrecked Tara, getting a Skewer trigger to also take wounds off Karina. Other Cyclops was basically chipping away at Killjoy and picking up some heads.

Overall I won 7-0, but that's mostly because my friend was more trying to figure out what Tara does than trying to win the game.

edited October 2017
    Surprise extra game this week! The above posted pool against someone taking their McCabe crew out for the first time. 10-3 to me!

I picked both murder schemes and they both went brilliantly with the Witchling Thrall cheating in the red Joker on the damage flip to deal 9 to Sidir for my Quick Murder, and then being prompty being taken out by McCabe to give me the Frame for Murder points.

The Hunter is great for Interference due his end of turn 3" push to get where he needs to be. And a couple of reporters always ruin the day of anyone trying Claim Jump.

He scored his three all from Undercover Entourage, whipping McCabe across the table at high speed on his horse on the last turn and then dismounting to activate again and finish the run on foot.

Here's hoping it goes as well tomorrow vs Ramos.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    Played a game yesterday with Misaki running her new wave 5 upgrades against Lilith. Risk and Reward and The Storm.

Both upgrades are amazing! Misaki took some hits but with Risk and Reward (3 soul stones stored, Risk+3) and Equality she healed up to full at the end of every turn. Also Storm is ridiculous. The blasts are nice but just the crow trigger to be able to cheat even on a negative is amazing on it's own.

Lucius' new upgrade probably massively helped my victory last night. I took max stones and and stoned for discard and draw every turn so with a hand of 7 and three discard/draws every turn I had some very nice control.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Good job I got the extra game as the other one got abandoned at turn 2 due to my opponent getting the dreaded ill child phone call from home.

It could have gone either way, I was on track for 5 murder points but jeez, Inteference vs Ramos is just impossible. What can you do vs the spider swarm? The little buggers are surprisingly resilient and just pop back up in greater numbers to out activate you and swarm all over the board.

I can't think of a plan beyond ignoring them and gunning for Ramos himself.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited October 2017
    Go for Joss. Generally people will use Joss to kill the Electrical Creations, which generates double the scrap markers for Ramos to summon more spiders.

He's not easy to kill, with Armour +2, Hard to Kill and Overload, but if you manage to catch him with a good beater it's doable.

-Loki- on
    If you have any abilities that can eliminate scrap markers that will cause big problems for the Ramos player. Part of that means killing Joss like Loki said, though Joss can be difficult to kill safely. Ramos is pretty resilient so he can be tough to kill.

On a related note the Schemes and Stones quick references are really nice for masters you're unfamiliar with. Slightly outdated at this point but fairly current. https://schemesandstones.wordpress.com/category/quick-reference/

Played a game with a Shenlong sniper crew and the Lone Swordsman against Perdita tonight. We stopped turn 3 and agreed I would have won with 5-0. Turns out Lone Swordsman is an amazing pick against Perdita and the Peacekeeper. Bulletproof+3 with the ability to ignore armor/hard to kill/etc and reactivate.

Lone Swordsman is pretty all round badass. I'm surprised he doesn't get more play.

I reactivated him twice in that game. I found it very fun to say "You shall not see another Sunrise" :biggrin:

Finally received my Vintage Pandora. Can't wait to paint her up, but I think I'm going t wait until I have some perspex rod so I can have her floating freely rather then being attached to one of the ghosts.

Meanwhile, I've been having an absolute blast... making bases. Got sets done for Hamelin and Ma Tucket (resin still setting on the latter) and working on Nellie.

qd0gleig4qjz.jpg

I could sit around making these all day.

Also, whoever designed the printing press is sick and needs help. Some of those legs had to be glued together lengthwise.

Surprise sudden official app release!

$10 for every card in the game on your phone. Bargain.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited November 2017
    Overall it's more clunky than CrewFaux was, but that that's been out for a while and this is brand new. Hopefully over time Wyrd streamline the design. Someone pointed out the forced background and VFX like flashing borders isn't super helpful and drains the battery more. Being able to turn them off would be nice.

But having the cards on hand and tracking wounds and conditions in the app is a game changer. Being a 1 time purchase with all Erratas and expansion books added for free makes it a complete no brainer to use the app.

Overall I think the biggest need is in the Encounter set up after you create your encounter, the ability to create a new crew rather than select a premade crew. You can get around it with you and your opponent juggling QR codes but it just seems like a design oversight. Also the filters need to be patched to work in the crew selector. Filtering out owned and painted when selecting a crew would be super handy.

-Loki- on
    edited November 2017
    Now that I've unlocked the cards, there's a fair few issues with using it as your reference during games or for tracking the game for your crew. A lot of problems with upgrades in particular.

For example, when you attach an upgrade, it adds the actions to the models actions. That's really great. However, it doesn't add triggers inline on actions (so Titania taking Behold my Glory doesn't have the new trigger added to her attack actions, it's just on its own at the bottom as another option to tap on for information). It also doesn't remove what it adds if you discard the upgrade, which is bad for masters who swap upgrades like Parker Barrows or Ophelia Lacroix.

Also, when you add up upgrade mid game, it's a rather short list of upgrades, not filtered by faction. It's all upgrades that are designed to be added during the game, like Jack Daws Curses. However, there's other upgrades that get added during the game, like A Thousand Faces being discarded to add a different Neverborn upgrade. This can't be done. You can discard A Thousand Faces, but the Neverborn upgrades are not on the list to add.

Also, after actually using it I'm not a fan of the information being hidden until you tap an ability which brings up a box out. Unless you really know your cards, there's a lot of information you'll miss. Just having the smaller text information beneath the abilities would have been much better. I would increase the need to scroll for information, but it's not like you've got limited vertical space.

Overall it's a great start, but I think it's in need of a few updates before it's ready to actually be used for anything but crew creation and encounter set up/points tracking.

-Loki- on
    I can’t see myself using it for mid-game wound/condition tracking as I’d rather have that spread out in front of me on cards than have to keep flicking around on the phone.

As an in pocket browser of units however I love it. Makes it much easier to make a crew while pretending to work!

Faced Shen Long for the first time the other day and his friendly Katakana snipers. Ouch!

I’m starting to feel that Guild Riflemen get the short end of the stick with their 14” range. Everyone else’s snipers seem to be able to shoot clear across the table.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    I can’t see myself using it for mid-game wound/condition tracking as I’d rather have that spread out in front of me on cards than have to keep flicking around on the phone.

As an in pocket browser of units however I love it. Makes it much easier to make a crew while pretending to work!

Yeah but,. I mean, they put a lot of effort into making it work as a game tracker including models. It just not quite there. WIth a few updates it absolutely could be there. Though I don't think it'll ever replace putting down tokens for conditions. Having the visual reminder right there on the table helps a lot.

Personally I want it to work as a game tracker because it allows them to push out erratas so much more efficiently. Change a model, update the app, everyone who has paid for the cards gets it. For that alone the $10 for the card unlock is absolutely worth it - I paid $20 in the last big errata alone including shipping.

The other thing that makes it great for tracking games is you can load your opponents crew into the encounter. No more constantly asking to see their cards.
    Faced Shen Long for the first time the other day and his friendly Katakana snipers. Ouch!

I’m starting to feel that Guild Riflemen get the short end of the stick with their 14” range. Everyone else’s snipers seem to be able to shoot clear across the table.

Shen Long with Katanaka Snipers is horrible. Though last time my opponent did that he put them on huge tall buildings to be smart, so I took Transfixing Gaze on Lilith. 12" Lure on Ca 8. Sniper charged himself off his perch and fell flat on his face.

Guild Riflemen are, overall, not good. They either need a points drop or a buff. As a summon for Dashel they're good, but for the same reason as any other summon, you're not paying for them.

Man I wish Dashel could summon them! Sadly he can only bring in the basic crappy Guild Guard.

Due to their limited range I like Riflemen when I'm expecting a big brawl in the middle. Punish anyone who makes a melee kill and leaves themselves open, and as I play Lucius it's fun to shoot them at your friendly engaged doppelganger as she can't be randomised on to.

Dashel can also hang in the mid ground, buffing both the back line rifles and the front line wardens while summoning more guards into the fray.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Ah sorry. Always get Riflemen and Guard mixed up.

Very extensive patch notes for the App.
    Here are the patch notes for the upcoming Bad Things Happen app patch:

General Fixes
    • Running the app no longer stops background apps
    • Fixed an issue that caused the app to stop loading screens properly
    • Henchman cost is no longer deducted from Soulstone pool when leading a crew
    • Model status filters now work across the app
    • Limited upgrades now properly applies limitation to individual models rather than crew-wide
    • Removing an upgrade from a model now allows the crew to be saved
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the 'Deleted' notification to be cleared from the screen
    • Karina Summoner Card added to the Reference section
    • Fixed an issue that causes the app to lock-up when using the Android back button
    • Added 'Holding Dynamite' and 'Protected by Francisco' to the condition list

Upgrade Fixes
    • Spirit Beacon is now valid for models with Spirit characteristic
    • Scout the Field changed from Gremlin upgrade to Outcast
    • Warding Runes is now valid for models with Henchman characteristic/station
    • Scramble now remains available until 3 are equipped in the crew
    • Stunt Double cost reduces properly in a crew led by Colette Du Bois
    • Killswitch/Decoy can now be added to a model maxed out on upgrades
    • Sensei Yu is now able to equip upgrades restricted to him
    • Upgrades restricted to Sky Pirate models now reduce cost when Zipp equips 'Gift of the Gab' or 'No Quarter'
    • Warped Reality is now able to be added to Minion models
    • Temporary Shielding now keeps its cost reduced after being loaded from a saved crew
    • A model with the Conflux of Exploration upgrade may now equip a Lucas McCabe upgrade
    • Shadow Lair removed from available upgrades in Crew Builder, now only available during Encounters

Model Fixes
    • Jack Daw no longer charges mercenary tax for Outcast models
    • Hamelin can now hire models with the Lost characteristic when Sewer King is added as an upgrade
    • C. Hoffman no longer may hire Living M&SU models when the Arcanist Assets is equipped
    • Sandeep Desai may now hire Academic models outside of faction when the Unaligned Sage upgrade is equipped
    • Stuffed Piglet cost increased to 3 Soulstones to match errata change
    • Young Nephilim's Feast action now listed as an Attack Action instead of a Tactical Action
    • Removed Creep Up on Them ability from C. Hoffman
    • Added Gremlin characteristic to Som'er Teeth Jones
    • Misaki now allows hiring according to her 'Infiltration (Last-Blossom)' ability properly
    • Sammy LaCroix now has access to upgrades of the crew's Master leader
    • Removed 'Followers of the Void' ability from Scion of the Void
    • The Tooth is now properly restricted by its rarity
    • Lucius' 'Guild Intelligence' Tactical Action is now the correct cost of 0 AP
    • Tara now allows hiring according to her 'The Herald of Obliteration' ability properly
    • Wrath's actions have been added to the 'Wrath (50+ SS)' leader version
    • Freikorps Trapper's Willpower and Walk stats have been added to the model
    • Moved a model image from 'The Illuminated' to 'Rail Worker' where it belongs
    • Jorogumo model image now loads properly
    • Cassandra's 'Breath of Fire' Attack Action now displays all icons properly
    Known Issues
    • Screen scaling on iPhone X
    • QR scanning may crash app if camera permissions are off
    • Issue with app running on Google Pixel and Pixel 2
    • Favor of Earth and other upgrades do not change wound count in view.
    • Export window remains open in Crew builder if home button is pressed.
    • Base size for The Drowned and Necropunks display -1mm
    • Aionus' Bony Fingers Attack Action displays "y" in Range instead of the melee icon
    • Guild Austringer has an extra ability "Precise"

My Dog Might case turned up today. I'll need to grab a microfibre cloth to wipe off some of the sawdust, but this thing is gorgeous. There's a few rough spots, though I hear that's something Dog Might leave alone to bring out the 'beauty' of the wood. Very happy with this. Now I need to actually magnetise the bases of my stuff.

It holds a lot more than I expected. Should hold 2 full crews, or if you're going single master, quite a lot of options for them.

920157_sm-.JPG
    920156_sm-.JPG

Still waiting on mine, hope it shows up soon :)

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    oooo

Loki, did you get a shipping notification or did it just show up? I'm rather surprised mine hasn't shipped yet.

edited December 2017
    Nisi wrote: »
    Loki, did you get a shipping notification or did it just show up? I'm rather surprised mine hasn't shipped yet.

I messaged them on facebook and they said they were still working through them, and when mine was done (make sure to give them your backer number) they would give me tracking info. Sure enough, a few days later I got another message saying it would be shipped by the end of the week, and on the Friday I got a tracking number.

I think they're a bit busy considering right after the kickstarter ended they decided to move warehouses/offices, start up making a boardgame and do another kickstarter (which was insanely successful with thousands of backers). They said it wouldn't impact the skirmish box delivery, but they said they would have them fulfilled by the end of October, and here we are in November. Not that late considering how Kickstarters usually go, but I think they overextended themselves a bit.

-Loki- on
    Yeah I actually backed the component collector too :D

edited January 2018
    Finally got another game in over the Christmas break with a friend. Also was a good chance to try my shiny new case - it held 2 crews (Pandora and Lilith) with a few extra models in case I wanted to swap something out. I can see a summoning crew would need thw whole case, but I probably wouldn't want to bring more than the summoning crew anyway since they're pretty versatile. Pandora and Lilith let me cover any schemes and strategies.

Also we tracked the whole game using the official app, aside from conditions. This was really handy, and the only time cards were used was my friend who wasn't very familiar with his stuff so it was easier to read it on the card. You definitely need to be familiar with your stuff to use the app, since every ability needs to be tapped to get the text, but once you know your stuff it's a lot better than tracking the game with cards.

Anyway, we did GG2017, and got Extraction, with Claim Jump, Eliminate the Leadership, Leave Your Mark, Covert Breakthrough and A Quick Murder. Forces below.
    I took Leave your Mark and Covert Breakthrough, because coupled with extraction it was perfect for brawler Pandora.

Pandora - The Box Opens, Fears Given Form, Aether Connection
    Poltergeist
    Widow Weaver
    Doppleganger
    Baby Kade
    Insidious Madness
    Insidious Madness
    Sorrow

Friend took Covert Breakthrough and A Quick Murder (so the target was my Widow Weaver).

Tara - Emptiness, Knowledge of Eternity, Out of Time
    Karina
    The Nothing Beast - Void Shield, Voiceless Words
    Killjoy
    Johan
    Void Wretch
    Void Wretch

Anyway, started with the usual shuffle for the Extraction marker. Pandora moved her way up, using Incite to get extra movement. Insidious Madnesses and Sorrow dropped some scheme markers on the centerline to try to bluff my opponent into thinking I took Claim Jump, also because if they over extended they'd have died. Turn 2 saw my opponent badly time Taras ability to give everything Fast, which led to a Fast Pandora who charged his Nothing Beast. I got a really good hit the first attack, which he tossed aside with Void Shield. Red Joker gave me an unmodified second damage flip, which gave it Moderate leaving it on 2 wounds, with Misery pinging it to 1. I wanted it dead so I spent her last 2 actions finishing it. Then Killjoy dumps near Pandora. Killjoy charges her, she passes her Wp duel and nopes the fuck out of there. Insidious Madnesses make a bolt for his backline.

Turn 3, more jostling for the Extraction marker. Killjoy has to charge the Poltergeist, and kills it. Pandora charges Killjoy, stays out of his Black Blood range, and hits him with his own Severe. Then his own Moderate. Dead Killjoy. Opponent was not amused. He charges Tara into Pandora, who passes her Wp duel and nopes out again. Turn 4, Pandora charges Tara and kills her through attacks and Misery pings (there was a Sorrow nearby for 2 damage pings). I've now moved the Extraction marker pretty far from him, so he can't control it. Once Madness is dead but the other is zipping around dropping scheme markers.

We flipped a turn 5, and Johan made a run for Pandora. She charged him, making him beat himself with his own hammer. Dead Johan. Game ended, I had a full 10 points and my opponent had no models left and all I lost was the Poltergeist and a Madness. He was on 4 points from Johan dropping markers for Covert Breakthrough and one turn of Extraction before I started moving it.

That was the most brutal beatdown I've done with Pandora. I'm starting to get the hang of using Incite to push her (I'm toally taking Rile Them Up next time) and remembering all of the little auras like Misery. I'm forcing myself to use the Poltergeist, as while it is common thought that the Primordial Magic is the default best totem for Pandora, the Poltergeist is actually really useful. Decent Walk, and use Pandoras abilities in a pinch, and Distraction is actually SUPER handy. Negative flips to opponents taking Wp duels is just rude.

The last few games the Doppleganger and Baby Kade just haven't done much, but I'm not sure if that's because my opponent has been learning Tara and just isn't good with her yet. He's swapping to Parker Barrows soon, so that should see them get more useful. If they don't, I'll find something else that can fill that slot. Pandoras bodycount was absurd - the Nothing Beast, Killjoy, Tara and Johan.

-Loki- on
    Got my Skirmish Box! It's gorgeous! Even fits my Shadow Emissary, I chose the large option.

0lHd2Ky.jpg

dL9l23A.jpg

I ended up removing the black felt though because it was interfering with the magnets on my minis. I actually peeled it away initially thinking there wasn't any metal sheeting at all. It was there, just felt was too thick.