As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS OLD AND FUNKY! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    That means you only have one copy of them, instead of two.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    okay, that big spell dragon priest deck is legitimately good.
    i've tried basically everything else people posted codes for, and some other decks besides, and this one feels best so far.
    could shake out to being t2 in a month, after the meta settles down into the best decks, but this deck seems great for laddering.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    meanwhile it feels like trash to me

basically autolose against aggro if you don't draw duskbreaker

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Lol meatwagon warlock still doing work.

I just wish i had better demons to run. The deal 3 dmg to all characters is kind of detrimental at times

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Finally beat the end boss as warlock after a bunch of strong starts that fizzled

Got the beholder and managed to get it to discard the quest reward with howlfiend, then it was a matter of going into fatigue since they kept choosing the mind control/shuffle into deck beam every single turn

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Wild is just a collection of Blizzard's worst decisions

When everything is broken, nothing is!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Ahahaha that was a great game against a jade druid with Big Spell Priest

Curious Glimmerroot got me a jade blossom on turn 3, played it on turn 4 and wiped their jades with a duskbreaker, used the extra crystal to play Spiteful Summoner on turn 5 for that 4/4+10/10 magic

• Options
    furbatfurbat Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    recruit druid is...

fun!

You can go full on greed lord with it and still be good vs aggro.

furbat on
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Tempted to add a single polymorph in tempo mage since 1) Aluneth lets you afford it and 2) voidlord, dinosize, spikeridged steed and bonemare

Boards these days tend to be tall not wide

Beasteh on
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    From Blizzard:
    Greetings,

Many players have noticed that Deathstalker Rexxar’s Hero Power does not include any of the new Beasts that were added with the Kobolds & Catacombs expansion.

Since then, some players have provided constructive feedback regarding the state of Deathstalker Rexxar, and we agreed that a change to the Hero Power was warranted.

As such, we will be updating Deathstalker Rexxar’s Hero Power to include new Beasts going forward. Please be patient, as this is a fairly complicated endeavor and we may need to start with a smaller change before a more permanent solution is implemented. We don’t have a date for this change to share with you today, but we will provide more information once we have it.

Please also note that as new Beasts are released, we may need to mark some of them as exempt for various reasons, much like how King of Beasts is currently excluded from the pool of Beasts that Deathstalker Rexxar’s Hero Power can pull from.

Thank you for providing constructive feedback. We see your love and passion for Hearthstone and believe that the best way to make Hearthstone better is to do so together.

See you all in the Tavern!

Never knew that King of Beasts was exempt.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    What was the reason again some beasts are excluded?

Was it the language complication when trying to comebine multiple card descriptions?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    there's a quest druid running around which involves a whole bunch of miracle style card draw then playing ixlid > malygos > faceless and one shotting your opponent with moonfire/swipe

talk softly, and carry a dirty rat

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Still no dailies.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    furbat wrote: »
    recruit druid is...

fun!

You can go full on greed lord with it and still be good vs aggro.

I'm having a lot of fun with my taunt / recruit druid with N'zoth.

Being able to refill your board 3-4 times is hilarious. The dream is obviously being able to N'zoth Hadronox but even that's not necessary. I'm on the fence with Master Oakheart. I'm not sure if he brings enough value and he frankly hasn't been a game-changer for his card cost.

I do love that Managerie Warden draws the big 8-cost 3-5 taunt beast, hadronox, or even the creepers now, as well as my primordial drakes.

Beast druid is a pain though. So damn explosive from turn 1, even with those damn flipper penguins.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »

Was it the language complication when trying to comebine multiple card descriptions?

I don't think ambiguous language has stopped Blizzard from removing cards from their game "mechanics" before.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

Speculation is that you need to add all the beasts in there and it's not dynamic and/or that the text might not fit.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I played one game of minion-less Hunter last night and I'm hooked. Stop me from crafting Rhok'Delar.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Rhok'delar was my free weapon and it's fun, but it's not a make or break card really. In a Tracking dilemma it wouldn't beat Rexxar, Spellstone, Call of the Mild or Call of the Wild. You've also got the Barnes/Y'Shaarj variant and 2x flare.

Also I didn't really play Druid last expansion: Holy Shit Spreading Plague? This shit used to cost 5 mana?

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I played one game of minion-less Hunter last night and I'm hooked. Stop me from crafting Rhok'Delar.

I feel like low minion Hunter is going to be the stronger deck. Corridor creeper fits in the deck well and almost seems good enough to drop Rhok by itself.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Rhok'delar was my free weapon and it's fun, but it's not a make or break card really. In a Tracking dilemma it wouldn't beat Rexxar, Spellstone, Call of the Mild or Call of the Wild. You've also got the Barnes/Y'Shaarj variant and 2x flare.

Also I didn't really play Druid last expansion: Holy Shit Spreading Plague? This shit used to cost 5 mana?

Ha ha, yeah, per-nerf Druid was so strong it inspired the fastest post-release nerf ever. The subreddit was basically rioting because the only decks on ladder were aggro Druid and jade Druid.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    3clipse wrote: »

no

do it, you coward.

DO IT

(It's actually very much worth crafting. It's been my only Legendary craft thus far and I'm not regretting it at all.)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I kind of want to try a druid deck that plays a bunch of cheap low-attack taunts like Druid of the Swarm, Crypt Lord, Spreading Plague

and then drops a Void Ripper to flip the attack/health of every minion and goes face

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I don't know if I want Raven Familiar to be in my Big Spell Mage deck. Like, half my other synergy cards are Joust with spells, meaning Raven Familiar is actually sort of anti-synergy (in that it removes big spells from my deck, but I want big spells in my deck). Dunno though, don't have many games yet.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    I won from a BIG easy Priest by Journey of belowing a Weasel Tunneler and dropping a Carnivorous cube on it.
    He plays Shadow Essence, and lo and behold: a wild 5/5 Weasel Tunneler wants to fight.

Cherry on the cake: Valeera the hollows emote is: where have you been hiding?

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I kind of want to try a druid deck that plays a bunch of cheap low-attack taunts like Druid of the Swarm, Crypt Lord, Spreading Plague

and then drops a Void Ripper to flip the attack/health of every minion and goes face

You're good people. I am already on this train.

• Options
    Roz wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »

You're good people. I am already on this train.

I imagine you like Robert Baratheon, staring at pre-nerf Force/Roar and yelling GODS I WAS STRONG THEN.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Jasper Spellstone is an astounding complement to Spreading Plague, 1 mana fireball is really fucking good. It's literally the only new card I've bothered including and it does work. If there's value tech to be had it's definitely Geist over Harrison for the most part (ironically, I am running Harrison cos why not).

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    I've been playing a lot of games and I have yet to see Oakheart played even once

Not even in control warlock where you'd think he would be a natural fit

• Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    Got Tad's Pole in my latest Rogue Dungeon run. I am sure I will somehow lose this run still.

• Options
    For the love of God don't equip it then absent mindedly hit face

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I've been playing a lot of games and I have yet to see Oakheart played even once

Seen it once, it worked well for them pulling voidlord and dragon hatcher.

Guessing it's just cost and people are waiting to see how reliable it is

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »

Seen it once, it worked well for them pulling voidlord and dragon hatcher.

Guessing it's just cost and people are waiting to see how reliable it is

I've seen it on streams and tournaments, but not myself in-game yet.

Steam profile
  • Options
    For the love of God don't equip it then absent mindedly hit face

Well, I won that run on the back of 3 X Aya + N'Zoth. I can't believe I actually beat the Treasure Dragon. I put Deadly Poison on the pole for a combo activator but didn't hit face with it. :)

• Options
    edited December 2017
    How do you come back from 1 HP vs Dragon tempo priest who's been dominating all game?
    You play that spider lady multiple times.
    g6azgjxy033s.jpg

How do you beat BIG EZ priest?
    You BIG EZ EEEZZZIIIIIERRRRRRR.
    8zu0xw4o1qhv.jpg

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    So corridor creeper seems like a safe craft right?

• Options
    Kolosus wrote: »

All signs point to "yes"

Steam profile
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Kolosus wrote: »

If nothing else you’ll get the dust back when they nerf it.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    How do you come back from 1 HP vs Dragon tempo priest who's been dominating all game?
    You play that spider lady multiple times.
    g6azgjxy033s.jpg

How do you beat BIG EZ priest?
    You BIG EZ EEEZZZIIIIIERRRRRRR.
    8zu0xw4o1qhv.jpg

What deck is causing this to happen? How have you got the Obsidian statues? I've been ill, as have my 2 daughters, and not played all that much since the expansion. I'm basically running on fumes and thus am completely out of the loop with regards to what is now possible in this game.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Typed to slow, moved to new thread

Handkor on