As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Three [Movies] Outside Your Local Theater

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    There's a Netflix original Christmas movie starring Tim Allen, dax Shepard, and Jessica alba. It takes place in a liquor store during a botched robbery. Who's brave enough to jump in the deep end of the pool with me here

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    If there's anything stalker needed, it was wimmenz and sharkcrocs.

I'm also fairly certain my character spent quite a bit of time whimpering in terror.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    There's a Netflix original Christmas movie starring Tim Allen, dax Shepard, and Jessica alba. It takes place in a liquor store during a botched robbery. Who's brave enough to jump in the deep end of the pool with me here

okay fine

but after dynasty is over

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    It's okay man. I pussied out and turned on portlandia instead

you fucking coward

6vjsgrerts6r.png

It's the one where the thing happens. The funny thing. You wouldn't understand

i refuse to believe anything funny has ever happened on portlandia

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• existexist Registered User regular
    oh man portlandia is just dog shit

UmPiq.png
    Three words friend:

Starring Kyle Maclachlan

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Lethal Weapon is coming to Netflix next month and I've never seen any of them.

I want to, but also Mel Gibson.

edited December 2017
    Oh man. The guy in the show can't remember what he was doing on 9/11 because he drank too much pinot grigio

E: okay turning on the aforementioned Xmas movie now. It's called El Camino Christmas for anyone who wants to follow along

Clint Eastwood on
    Oh fuck what is kurtwood Smith doing here what a delightful surprise!

• existexist Registered User regular
    i can't trust you won't switch back to portlandia and i'm stuck here watching another tim allen POS

UmPiq.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

death of the writer dude

watch 1, 2 and 4

3 is the weakest of the bunch

you will not fool me a second time

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Kurtwood is playing a sheriff. Right now he's yelling at a drunk cop with a handlebar mustache. Dax Shepard is dipping and spitting in a water bottle and he looks fat

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I've tried I think three or four times to watch Portlandia and as far as I can tell it has precisely one joke and is pretty unlikable in how it tells that joke.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I got Portlandia mixed up with Atlanta and I was sitting here very confused and frustrated for a good few minutes

This movie sucks! I'm bored!

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    My hatred of Fred Armisen pretty much guarantees my feelings on Portlandia.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Tim Allen is "playing" a drunk loser in what is surely the closest hes ever come to method acting in his life. Every word out of his mouth is completely unnatural and weird sounding

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Three words friend:

Starring Kyle Maclachlan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4KCB3-UZqM

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Jumanji was really simple but it was pretty fun to watch
    I dig it

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't even want Cameron to make another one
    You nailed it, dude! Let it go
    TV show was pretty good though.

sig.gif
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

Watch it for Danny Glover.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Fred Armisen sucks, so I don't know why I ever thought watching Portlandia was a good idea

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Maybe it's because I haven't been watching a ton of new comedies lately, but I'm glad to have avoided the surprise Fred Armisen cameo for a while.

• Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Big Mouth is pretty good!

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Dee Kae wrote: »
    Big Mouth is pretty good!

Agree, though Fred Armisen is by far the weakest part of it (not that he's particularly terrible, he's just mediocre and everyone else is very good).

I'm usually a moderate fan of Nick Kroll at best, but I really enjoy his voice for Maury the Hormone Monster.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Disney buying 20th Century Fox just became official, for 66 billion.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Oh man. The guy in the show can't remember what he was doing on 9/11 because he drank too much pinot grigio

You're actually watching The League, not Portlandia

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I can't remember watching anything with Fred Armisen. I think I know him mostly from some Portlandia clips from this forum. What makes him so terrible in general?

edit: speaking of terrible people:

twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqc244 Morgan Spurlock tries to get in front of sexual abuse accuations.

honovere on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    I can't remember watching anything with Fred Armisen. I think I know him mostly from some Portlandia clips from this forum. What makes him so terrible in general?

There have long been stories that he's been really abusive to his girlfriends

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

There have long been stories that he's been really abusive to his girlfriends

Ah, then my edit works even "better". ugh

Last time this came up the source was “internet comments sections”

edited December 2017
    Yes, certainly, a lot of it was from anonymous comments, but there are a lot of them, over many years, and if you want something more concrete then Elizabeth Moss has publicly said that her marriage to him was awful and traumatic

Grey Ghost on
    Anyway I also just think he's never been very funny

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Just thinking about how The Shape of Water is a Disney movie now

6F32U1X.png
    Anyway I also just think he's never been very funny

Oh I absolutely think he sucks, I’m just also wary of taking random comment sections too seriously given that similarly high volumes of them claim that Anita Sarkeesian drinks human blood. I have no problem believing people but I still think it’s important not to use spurious evidence to spread rumours.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.