As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Assuming knowledge that there was only one mattered in this context then I'd say deal a new card to each

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Even though I would like to keep Bunker, I don't mind getting a redraw if it helps to resolve the situation. Of course, Sabotages might get drawn which could make things messier. Will I need to reroll my Bombardment if Arborec's Bunker isn't in play? I'm pretty keen on making sure they can't grow more troops, especially since Parley is being played against me.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    I almost certainly wouldn't have invaded Mecatol in the first place without Bunker and Parlay in my hand. My goal was to land troops, withstand a bombardment and that'd be that.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Let's go with this. L1z1x will get a redraw, and the option to reroll their bombardment if they wish. Arborec hand will stand.

Sound good?

Meh, that's fine. I'll accept the Bombardment roll as is, since I do end up worse off on average with a re-roll. I just have to hope that the new card I draw is better than Bunker.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    New card dealt

If there's no other concerns, then @Mojo_Jojo has the next action.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing ships from separate players in the same system are required to shoot at each other?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Yep. (See section 67 in the Rules Reference as well as point 78.3.)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Active Wellon (-1 tactical token, should be on zero now)
    Exhaust Jol and Naar for 4R
    Build 1 Dreadnaught(4) and two fighters (0 - saween tools)

@Preda's action

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Active Wellon (-1 tactical token, should be on zero now)
    Exhaust Jol and Naar for 4R
    Build 1 Dreadnaught(4) and two fighters (0 - saween tools)

@Preda's action

You're at the max of 5 dreadnaughts now.

edited December 2017
    I count four

Wellon, Abyz/Fria, Arinam/Meer, Lazar/Sakulag

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited December 2017
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I count four

Wellon, Abyz/Fria, Arinam/Meer, Lazar/Sakulag

I meant you are now at 5 after your last action at Wellon. Just to clear up confusion for future build orders.

MrBody on
    Oh right. Yes, thanks for that

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Preda wrote: »
    Politics Primary. Unless someone want to make an enormous bribe I'll take the speaker token.
    @MrBody for 2 action cards.
    @Hedgethorn @Mojo_Jojo @Brody @MrBlarney @Elvenshae for secondary choice.

Wrong time...

Now is the right time! Politics Primary. All as stated before.

@MrBody for 2 action cards.
    @Hedgethorn @Mojo_Jojo @Brody @MrBlarney @Elvenshae for secondary choice.

Not taking the secondary

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Pass.

Pass secondary

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Pass on the secondary.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    @MrBody , after the general onslought on Mecatol a map update might be useful too.

PASS on the secondary.

Brody's turn once the Politics primary has been resolved.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited December 2017
    Activity Log
    L1z1x activate Home System. (TP 2 --> 1). Exhaust [0.0.0] (5R) and Bereg (5R) to build 1 Dreadnought (4R), 2 Cruisers (4R), 2 Fighters (1R), and 2 Infantry (1R)

Jol-Nar Activate Lazar/sakluag. Move the two infantry on sakluag to lazar. Exhaust Sakulag (3R)
    Build 2 infantry(1)
    Build 4 fighters (2)
    Build one destroyer

Winnu activate Winnu. The three dreadnought go out and pick up A GF from Mellon and a Fighter and a GF from Torkan than double back.
    Play action card Disable.
    Creuss infantry destroyed.

Letnev plays Trade primary. Commodity refresh. +3 TG
    Creuss free refresh. Trades 2 for 2 with Letnev.

Creuss plays Technology.Exhaust Creuss and Arnor for 6 resources.Learn Plasma Scoring and Dimensional Splicer.
    Jol-Nar (-1 strategy token)Exhaust Abyz, Fria and Wellon.Learn Carrier II and Spatial Conduit Cylinder
    Arborec plays secondary. Exhaust Resculon and Quann.Learn Antimass Deflectors.
    Letnev plays secondary. Exhaust Arc Prime, grab Gravity Drive.
    Winnu Play secondary. Exaust Lodor, Exaust Thibah for prerequisite and spend 1 TG to take Carrier II.

Arborec Activate Mecatol Rex.Move 2 Dreadnoughts, 2 Carriers, 3 4 Fighters, and 3 Infantry from Nebula to Mecatol Rex.
    Letnev spends 4 TG for rerolls. Plays action card Morale Boost (2), Direct Hit, Shields Holding.
    Letnev wiped out.
    Aborec plays action card Courageous to the End. Loses 4 fighters, 1 carrier, 1 Dreadnaught. Dread damaged. 2 infantry survives on Mecatol.
    Exhaust Nestphar to build a Dreadnought.

L1z1x Activate the Mecatol Rex system. (TP 1 --> 0)
    Move in 2 Super-Dreadnought IIs, 1 Carrier (via Gravity Drive), 6 Fighters, and 1 Infantry II from the Beta Wormhole system, picking up 1 Infantry II from Tar'mann, and
    1 Cruiser II from Tar'mann, curving through Bereg-Lirta IV to pick up 1 Infantry II from Bereg before moving back through Tar'mann.
    Dreadnought damaged from Jol-Nar PDS fire.
    L1z1x plays action card Shields Holding. Loses 1 fighter.
    Arborec plays action cards Bunker, Parley.
    Arborec fleet wiped out.

Jol-Nar Active Wellon. Exhaust Jol and Naar.
    Build 1 Dreadnaught and two fighters

Winnu plays Politics. Claims Speaker. +2 cards.

MrBody on
    edited December 2017
    Activate Arc Prime/Wren Terra. Build 1 Dreadnought, 1 Cruiser. Exhaust Wren Terra, Starpoint, for 5+1 from Sarween Tools.

@Elvenshae

Brody on

edited December 2017
    Round 5 - Action Phase

Map
    SrOJII2m.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    Public
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP Creuss Letnev L1z1x
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP Jol-Nar Letnev
    I- Erect a Monument - Spend 8 resources. 1 VP Letnev Jol-Nar
    II- Manipulate Galactic Law- Spend 16 influence. 2 VP
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Secret
    Letnev Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 1
    Elvenshae - 3
    Mojo - 3
    Hedgethorn - 2
    Brody - 4
    Preda - 1
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Player mats

MrBlarney
    6 action cards
    3 secret objectives
    Creuss promissory: Cease Fire- After the Creuss player activates a system containing your units: The Creuss player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Creuss player
    Sx4TcJw.png

Elvenshae
    5 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory: Cease Fire- After the L1z1x player activates a system containing your units: The L1z1x player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the L1z1x player
    Jol-Naw promissory: Research agreement- After the Jol-Nar player researches a technology, you may research the same technology. Then, return this note to the Jol-Nar player
    Qq11LN9.png

Mojo
    7 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    Arborec promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the Arborec player replenishes commodities: the Arborec player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the Arborec player.
    Letnev promissory note: Political Secret- When an agenda is revealed: The Letnev player cannot vote, use action cards, or use faction abilities until after the agenda has been resolved. Then return this card to the Letnev player.
    QcXXnvL.png

Hedgethorn
    3 action cards
    3 secret objectives
    Crown of Emphidia - Law - A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    V7o0Yaa.png

Brody
    3 action cards
    0 secret objectives
    1 claimed secret objective
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    wZdV2Lg.png

Preda **Speaker**
    4 action cards
    3 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    SiQtbsQ.png

MrBlarney Leadership 1
    Mojo Diplomacy 2
    Preda Politics 3
    Brody Trade 5
    Elvenshae Technology 7
    Hedgethorn Imperial 8

MrBody on
    I should 2 more TG.
    3 from the Strategy Card.
    2 from trade promissory from L1Z1X.
    2 from exchange with Creuss.
    - 4 spent

@MrBody

I should have two commodities, not 4, since I gave two to Brody in exchange for his 2.

I believe the Carrier did not get moved over properly from the Beta Wormhole system to Mecatol Rex. I am also short one Infantry in that system.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited December 2017
    fixing

(shoot, I actually have to run to work right now. Those observations are correct. Play with them in mind until I get home and can update map)

MrBody on
    Oops! Totally missed that it was my turn!

Activate Lazar / Sakulag.

Move in the Hil Colish, which swings by Arnor to pick up a ground troop and brings two fighters (+1 move from Gravity drive); the Dreadnought from the gate sector; and the Dreadnought from Creuss (which brings 1 more fighter).

Begin the Space Cannon Attack step.

I have two cannons that bear: Creuss and Arnor. Plasma scoring gives me one additional roll. Target is 6, thanks to the Antimass Deflectors on the Jol-Nar ships. Any card plays, @Mojo_Jojo ?

edited December 2017
    I'd not spotted that the Creuss capital ship also effectively drags around a load of PDS fire. Nice

+4TG from E Res Siphons as Creuss activated a system containing my ships
    Play Experimental Battlestation

Experimental Battlestation - Play when another player moves ships into a system containing or adjacent to one of your space docks. Fire Space Cannon 5 (x3) against ships in that system.

Assuming it goes unsabotaged that's four dice with plasma scoring

Mojo_Jojo on
    PMing Mr Body with my conditionals now for the combat so that it doesn't take the rest of the week

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    <_<
    Not sure that plasma scoring applies to an Action Card.
    The card would have to define a unit that uses Space Cannon before Plasma Scoring works.

discrider wrote: »
    <_<
    The card would have to define a unit that uses Space Cannon before Plasma Scoring works.

Can we get a clarification on this, @MrBody ?

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    discrider wrote: »
    <_<

It should apply. If you go by the actual text of Experimental Battlestation, the player using it chooses one of their space docks in or adjacent to the system being targeted, and then that space dock uses Space Cannon.

It's not easy to read, but that card is near the top left in this pic: https://imgur.com/RHPm9cL

Ketar on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ok, it should be fine then (can't read the IMG on my phone though...)

In that case ...

Geth, roll 3d10t6 for Space Cannons in Lazar / Sakulag

Space Cannons in Lazar / Sakulag:
    3d10t6 2 [3d10t6=7, 6, 2]

@Mojo_Jojo to assign hits and roll his attack dice.

That thing's operational!

... and, also, of course Mojo's got a card that let's his battlestation shoot. :D

edited December 2017
    Geth, roll 4d10t6 for Space Cannons in Lazar / Sakulag

Activate the Graviton Laser System as part of that

Graviton Laser System: you my exhaust this card before one or more of your units use Space Cannon; hits produced by those units must be assigned to non-fighter ships of able

Space Cannons in Lazar / Sakulag:
    4d10t6 2 [4d10t6=10, 10, 5, 5]

Mojo_Jojo on