As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Shivering In The Jeweled Dark

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Shivering In The Jeweled Dark

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    I bet Tycho hooked them up. He knows a few ' those who names we dare not speak of '

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I like this comic.

Immediate smirk.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    The look of fear in the eyes in the third panel really sells it for me. The dude has seen some things.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • MarlonMarlon Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Kinda expected something about net neutrality, but yeah that's probably too political.

Marlon on
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    This makes me worry about the well-meaning individuals who buy stars online for friends...

Does anyone else remember the episode of Magic School Bus when the class bought a star for Miss Frizzle from a shady dealer who knew the star was about to supernova? So they went into space and made her a new star?

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    there was also this relevant comic

i-d492ZvX-X2.jpg

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    We are all made of stars.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    We are all made of stars.

Some are just made of smaller, crappier stars

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    My favorite tidbit is how he refers to it as 'your star'

• rcattrcatt Registered User regular
    In his swamp kingdom of Disneyworld, dead Mickey lies dreaming. Ia, Ia, Mickey lies dreaming.

• JackJack Registered User regular
    Well they do own the rights to Galactus now.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    there was also this relevant comic

i-d492ZvX-X2.jpg

Of course, now that we know it could have been named Starry McStarface, "Susan" is pretty respectable.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    This makes me worry about the well-meaning individuals who buy stars online for friends...

Does anyone else remember the episode of Magic School Bus when the class bought a star for Miss Frizzle from a shady dealer who knew the star was about to supernova? So they went into space and made her a new star?

Personally I think knowing the star would soon, if temporarily, burn with the light of ten billion suns in an explosion so titanic that metaphor fails to illustrate* would be a major selling point.

*What's brighter, a Supernova viewed from the distance of one AU or the Tzar Bomb going off pressed against your eyeball? The supernova... By six orders of magnitude.

Hevach on
    Hevach wrote: »

Personally I think knowing the star would soon, if temporarily, burn with the light of ten billion suns in an explosion so titanic that metaphor fails to illustrate* would be a major selling point.

*What's brighter, a Supernova viewed from the distance of one AU or the Tzar Bomb going off pressed against your eyeball? The supernova... By six orders of magnitude.

Those kids will complain about anything, though. Especially Janet.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

Antorbok magormor pargon pargon pargon pargon pargon pargon.

• SnazzierSnazzier Registered User new member
    Doesn't this mean Disney now owns Firefly? Seems to me they've worked with Joss Whedon once or twice before . . .

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I don’t think anyone is interested in making more Firefly. It’s been too long.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Or if they do it will involve new characters and you only have to look at Star Wars to see how that can be a problem.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

Or if they do it will involve new characters and you only have to look at Star Wars to see how that can be a problem.

I would like to see more of the world outside of the Serenity, or even a follow on movie that disregards the comics. Including a younger actor to play a younger Book and get a much better story than "all along he was secretly a Brown Coat spy!".

edited December 2017
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »

I would like to see more of the world outside of the Serenity, or even a follow on movie that disregards the comics. Including a younger actor to play a younger Book and get a much better story than "all along he was secretly a Brown Coat spy!".

I'd go for a sequel with some new characters and some old. As much as I love Nathan Fillion and know he'd be game for it, I think Mal would need to be restricted to a few appearances just to keep him from overshadowing the rest of the cast.

My idea was making the whole season about a cat and mouse game between Zoe, who has gone full rebel leader and captains her own ship, and a young Alliance officer sent to hunt her down. Zoe would have Simon and River, now a fully realized psychic. And the Alliance ship would have Jayne, who hired himself to the Alliance with his limited knowledge of the new Browncoat rebellion. You could get a lot of development for Zoe, who would have an even bigger chip on her shoulder after Washs death, and shades of grey as the Alliance officer would be generally well meaning, honorable, and naive.

But that sort of sequel premise would be very easy to do very, very wrong. Anyway, I think Tube is right. At this point I think Joss has pretty negative feelings about the whole thing. Serenity wrapped things up pretty well, and while it certainly left things open for continuation, he couldn't continue the way he wanted since Serenity had things play out differently than his original 7 season plan.

The Force Awakens did show that it's possible for people to generally enjoy a new chapter in a story that had a massive amount of hype and expectations, but honestly the low expectations set by the prequels probably played into that. I don't think Firefly fans would be as forgiving if the new series was an iota less than everything they've been dreaming of.

RatherDashing89 on