As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mafia de Cuba] Don don done. (Agent Victory)

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    So the Agent is either me, Ringo or Arualynx (and a possible 2nd in Phyphor, Gizzy or Discrider). I agree with either Mr.T or Egos being the Thief/Driver combo. Either seems a safe 50/50 guess and I doubt we will get more info though, Egos seemed very driverey early on, before it was apparent the question was between driver and thief.

It should also be clarified, the Agents do not win together either. Only the one that gets picked wins. With that I can say with certainty: Mr. T, or anyone earlier than him, is definitely not an agent.

I have very little info about what is going on later in the order. ZH is probably the only other person who is not an agent.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Alright, I think it's a bit of a risk but my hands are tied-like.

Bluecyan claimed 10 diamonds in the box first, forcing MrT to play along or get himself outed in the process. It's possible that Egos is a thief, MrT an agent, and Bluecyan a driver, but that's some tricky play I'm okay losing to anyway, so...

@MrTLicious show us your pockets, then.

@Phoenix-D

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I've got 3 diamonds... :(

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    So then it's time for my reveal!

Bluecyan took 6 diamonds - I only received 4 in the box

Auralynx is an AGENT - claimed I passed 1 agent token, when I passed two

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »

Horsehockey.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Horsehockey.

If Auralynx can confirm there were 4 diamonds in the box then its clear Ringo is a thief, otherwise he's an agent. Remember we all lose if we pick an agent.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »

Horsehockey.

If Auralynx can confirm there were 4 diamonds in the box then its clear Ringo is a thief, otherwise he's an agent. Remember we all lose if we pick an agent.

There were 4 diamonds in the box when I got it. Said so already. One of you two took them, the other is the agent.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Horsehockey.

There were 4 diamonds in the box when I got it. Said so already. One of you two took them, the other is the agent.

Unfortunately, and I believe Ringo will now agree with me on this, this makes you the agent and between Ringo and myself: Thief and Henchmen.

I think Ringo screwed up, cause even if I'm selected, he'll be next so there is no way for him to win now (unless ZH, Auralynx and Ringo are all are lying about agent/drivers count). I'm fine taking a whiskey for the team if it means we get a thief.

Horsehockey.

Unfortunately, and I believe Ringo will now agree with me on this, this makes you the agent and between Ringo and myself: Thief and Henchmen.

I think Ringo screwed up, cause even if I'm selected, he'll be next so there is no way for him to win now (unless ZH, Auralynx and Ringo are all are lying about agent/drivers count). I'm fine taking a whiskey for the team if it means we get a thief.

At this point, literally no matter what I say (which is that one of you is an agent), Sir Fab is probably going to take the coin-flip and pick one or the other of you, yes.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Per the information that has come out, everything before my turn with the box is well known. 13 gems in the box to begin with, 4 hench, 2 agents, 2 drivers. Jdark took one hench and discarded one for 13/2/2/2. Egos did driver 13/2/1/2 Mr. T took three gems 10/2/1/2 which is exactly what I said on the first day.

I can assert I am not an agent because Ringo would have pointed me out as that instead of a thief, unless he was a driver which both you and ZH have claimed he is not. So either I am a thief or a henchmen.

Its a little more murky with Ringo because you claim an agent was picked before you, however you also claim there was a thief. Per ZH between the three of us there is a henchman, thief and agent. Though I am seeing now that Ringo already knew the thief had taken 6 gems so their "reveal" wasn't actually a reveal. I rescind my claim that Auralynx is 100% an agent.

Though after Auralynx it seems the box goes back to 4/1/1/1 for ZH, phyphor, Gizzy, and discrider. Have we had any claims for people after ZH?

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Box came to me with 0 jewels, 1 hench, 1 agent

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I wonder if ZH was the driver and figured aura was henchman so he's been playing it really helpful

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    Unless someone has a better idea the only way my information can be verified is to accuse bluecyan

There is only one possibility that I am a driver and I am trying to win with Bluecyan by getting him picked as an Agent. However I believe the material presented would suggest (correctly) that I am not a driver, therefore I wouldn't be trying to get The Don to grab an Agent.

If someone can contradict me with testimony that's fine, this cold is a helluva handicap right now

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Unless someone has a better idea the only way my information can be verified is to accuse bluecyan

There is only one possibility that I am a driver and I am trying to win with Bluecyan by getting him picked as an Agent. However I believe the material presented would suggest (correctly) that I am not a driver, therefore I wouldn't be trying to get The Don to grab an Agent.

If someone can contradict me with testimony that's fine, this cold is a helluva handicap right now

That'd be up to the many armed Don, besides opening my pockets doesn't actually verify what you have claimed, only what I have. It does seem like a good agent play though, opening my pockets shows hench which puts the focus on you.

Gizzy's unforced information is interesting, suggesting at least one more jewel thief (possibly more) and one driver between ZH, phypor and Gizzy. Also, making discrider an agent, hench or urchin (not sure why Gizzy would have any interest in making discrider someone safe to ignore).

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Hey. Hey! Hey.
    I'm always safe to ignore.

It verifies that you're the thief, Aura's the Agent, and I'm the hench?

Like muddy the waters more dude. Be in it to win it!

(Actually play any way you want, my getting mad over others' playstyles is why I had to quit phalla, too much grudge, not enough gg)

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    It verifies that you're the thief, Aura's the Agent, and I'm the hench?

Like muddy the waters more dude. Be in it to win it!

(Actually play any way you want, my getting mad over others' playstyles is why I had to quit phalla, too much grudge, not enough gg)

Not trying to muddy the waters, said so earlier perfectly fine taking whiskey.

If its a straight up 50/50 choice (or 33/33/33 if we include aura) then we agree I'm not an agent so its the safer person to search, and if I am a thief then you and Auralynx are also safe to ignore. Its a good play. But if I'm a hench (which I am) then we are back in the same position with one fewer do over.

Hence why we might want to see what's going on later in the order first.

Yea I'm worried about the other agent in those low slots

Dangerous territory for everybody

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    (Also, I'm sorry if any of this came off as personal or angry, wasn't the intention, just the nature of deception games. Someone is going to lie and others have to accuse them of lying.)

Assuming @Sir Fabulous chooses to make Bluecyan empty his pockets, then we'll be left with these guys:

7 - Zombie Hero - claims henchman
    8 - Phyphor - claims Zombie Hero is *not* a henchman, no claim on own role
    9 - Gizzy - claims henchman, and that there were 0 jewels and 1 agent role left
    10 - discrider - no information whatsoever

There should be 1 agent, 1 henchman, and 1 driver in this group
    If Gizzy is to be believed there is also a Jewel Thief in this group

If the Jewel Thief is picked, game ends in victory for Don and company
    If the Agent is picked, Agent and possibly a driver wins
    If a Henchman is picked, Don loses last Joker, game continues

What's the best way to suss out the last Agent or Thief knowing there's still 1 joker to use?

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Declare defeat and watch what everyone puts back in the box.

Assuming @Sir Fabulous chooses to make Bluecyan empty his pockets, then we'll be left with these guys:

7 - Zombie Hero - claims henchman
    8 - Phyphor - claims Zombie Hero is *not* a henchman, no claim on own role
    9 - Gizzy - claims henchman, and that there were 0 jewels and 1 agent role left
    10 - discrider - no information whatsoever

There should be 1 agent, 1 henchman, and 1 driver in this group
    If Gizzy is to be believed there is also a Jewel Thief in this group

If the Jewel Thief is picked, game ends in victory for Don and company
    If the Agent is picked, Agent and possibly a driver wins
    If a Henchman is picked, Don loses last Joker, game continues

What's the best way to suss out the last Agent or Thief knowing there's still 1 joker to use?

Discrider could also be a street urchin, there could be one or more roles untaken. Potentially, everyone in that group could have taken just one diamond (unlikely).

If Gizzy is to be believed, there isn't another agent (or is descrider but then the Don would know if there wasn't an agent in the box). If Gizzy is lying she is the agent or is a driver and believes phyphor is an agent.

You should randomly pick people; First guess is always free!

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    when did the second driver disappear? or around what turns did it get removed from the deck?

I want to hear from @Phyphor what was in the box when it came to him before making any sweeping judgements.

Egos wrote: »
    when did the second driver disappear? or around what turns did it get removed from the deck?

Somewhere from ZH through Gizzy I believe.

Okay I know we're waiting for Phyphor, but here's something I spotted:

ZombieHero cannot be an Agent

Both Gizzy and Phyphor said there was an Agent in the box.

If ZH were an Agent then Phyphor could be a driver trying to win with him, but then Gizzy would also be lying and would have no way to win if ZH got picked.

Phyphor would have no reason to lie if he wasn't a driver

Therefore we must assume that while Gizzy and Phyphor could both be lying about anything else, they've confirmed that ZH is not an Agent

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Okay, but how does this help us?

Well if ZH is forced to empty his pockets then..

A) He turns out to be a Henchman. Both Gizzy and Phyphor are caught lying. Phyphor is neither a driver (wouldn't have tried to waste a pick on ZH) nor a henchman. Phyphor is either an Agent or a Thief, Gizzy is Agent or Thief or Driver

B) Turns out to be a thief. Nothing learned, but thief is caught and perhaps amount of diamonds left tells us something

C) Turns out to be a driver. Bad news, lost a joker, no guarantee anything is revealed

I don't believe ZH is a driver. Both A and B are good outcomes. Someone check me on this?

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I want to hear from Phyphor what was in the box when it came to him before making any sweeping judgements.

No comment

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Edit: perhaps I should say this afterwards

Phyphor on
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Good old sticky fingers Egos!
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Good old sticky fingers zombie hero

Unsure why, but these quotes made me think that Gizzy went either driver with a jewel thief or Agent. That and the lower activity.

I think I do need to make @Bluecyan empty his pockets.

Phyphor wrote: »
    I want to hear from Phyphor what was in the box when it came to him before making any sweeping judgements.

No comment

I know I can always count on you Johnny Tight-Lips.

Just my car keys and a bit of fluff. You're welcome to the fluff of course. Actually. If I'm getting whuskey maybe you should hold onto the keys as well.

@Sir Fabulous

Well well well, @Auralynx

What do you have to say for yourself now?

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Well well well, Auralynx

That if Bluecyan doesn't have that 6 diamonds, either you do, I do, or Egos does.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Bluecyan is a henchman; minus one Joker none remain

@sir fabulous

edited December 2017
    so Ringo= Agent and Aura= thief?

E; Nvm about ringo, see what he might have been doing

Egos on
    Well well well, Auralynx

That if Bluecyan doesn't have that 6 diamonds, either you do, I do, or Egos does.

Oh wow, 10-4 good buddy

Egos, I'm sorry I ever doubted you

Edcrab's Exigency RPG