As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2017 SECRET SAINTS

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    @Blackhawk1313 thank you so much!!

18qjvbupmpfy.jpg
    1kjwfca6dv9r.jpg

I gotta admit my husband and I spent a depressingly long amount of trying to figure out wtf I had asked for that might be called YOUR SMOLE before I gave up and opened it

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    @Blackhawk1313 thank you so much!!

18qjvbupmpfy.jpg
    1kjwfca6dv9r.jpg

I gotta admit my husband and I spent a depressingly long amount of trying to figure out wtf I had asked for that might be called YOUR SMOLE before I gave up and opened it

There’s more coming. :)

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Greeting amazing saints and others who are reading. We have gotten what I am assuming is the final package. It was the modeling clay as expected. 36 different colors of them! I am pretty sure they are different colors at least. I only did a count of the top and looked to make sure the color was probably different. I don't art so it's hard for me to say. I do know she will go nuts over this because she is desperate for more stuff to make. The animal model guide book will super help here, and I will try to upload pictures of some of the stuff she makes if I can ever figure out how to do that.

Extreme thanks again to everyone who helped us here! This will let us have a good Christmas and keep a roof over our heads. I love you more than you know. Whether you have to us or someone else please know I would do anything I can for you. Not because you all expect rewards, but because I know you don't. You deserve all the best.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    HEY @JASCONIUS, YOU ARE A BRIGHT SHINING STAR!

Thanks for emailing me a digital code for Full Throttle: Remastered!

I am going to play the fuck out of this game.

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    MOTHER
    FUCKIN
    10 CUP
    BRITA FILTER

if you've never had hard water you may not understand my sheer fuckin joy. last time I descaled my coffee maker, the pot looked like it was full of rice, there's so much mineral buildup in our water. our coffee pot is only four months old and it's practically forming stalactites in there. not only will this give us a fridge water dispenser, it'll extend the life of watery electronics like coffee pot and pet water fountains. thank you so much

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    MOTHER
    FUCKIN
    10 CUP
    BRITA FILTER

if you've never had hard water you may not understand my sheer fuckin joy. last time I descaled my coffee maker, the pot looked like it was full of rice, there's so much mineral buildup in our water. our coffee pot is only four months old and it's practically forming stalactites in there. not only will this give us a fridge water dispenser, it'll extend the life of watery electronics like coffee pot and pet water fountains. thank you so much

@cabsy there should be more coming today, and the something else that was supposed to come yesterday but didn’t and they don’t know when it will arrive (maybe today?) and I’m rather mad at shipping lately. Also one more thing coming but won’t come until sometime in January. At any rate glad you like the filter!

edited December 2017
    MOTHER
    FUCKIN
    10 CUP
    BRITA FILTER

@cabsy there should be more coming today, and the something else that was supposed to come yesterday but didn’t and they don’t know when it will arrive (maybe today?) and I’m rather mad at shipping lately. Also one more thing coming but won’t come until sometime in January. At any rate glad you like the filter!

today I received:
    - totally rad probe thermometer jammed into a mylar bag with no note

- ANOTHER BOX, which is ridiculous, containing gifts that just say "from a saint", containing -
    - The Illusionist, a beautiful but insanely depressing movie by Chomet, which I highly recommend for those days when you've got too much happiness in your life
    - an ice cube tray that makes ice shaped like octopodes, which is adorable and has already gone into the freezer
    - the tappiest mechanical keyboard on EARTH that is also a rainbow lightup LED with like 15 flashing light programs that claims to be waterproof... it is so awesome? I've never owned a mechanical keyboard for one so I was surprised by the intense level of tappa tappa, but the real winner is the super bright RAINBOW LED setup. I may have had a total joy meltdown over how awesome this thing is. it is completely frivolous and I would never in a million years have expected anyone to actually buy it for me, and I love it a lot.

eta: and at 7pm ANOTHER box which had canvas paper in it for my husband, who thinks it is super rad, and now I dunno if this is still the same saint, because this is ridonkalous

so here's the thing - I know that you've got your own things going on in your day to day, blackhawk. and I want you to know that seriously, the fact you can go above and beyond and be so cheerful and giving with the things that have gone on in your own life, you're a pretty amazing guy, and I hope you don't ever let anyone convince you otherwise. I mean I already thought that, but the giftening did not hurt, is all I'm saying

cabsy on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    @cabsy Surprise, I'm the mystery saint! And that keyboard is not impractical!

JoeUser on
    JoeUser wrote: »
    @cabsy Surprise, I'm the mystery saint! That keyboard is not impractical!

the keyboard is amazing and it's nothing I would have ever, ever bought myself! I feel beyond blessed to have got gifts from two selfless cheerful dudes who always go above and beyond to bring joy to the forums. and now I'm gonna go tappa tappa with my rainbow unicorn pillow

edited December 2017
    @cabsy uhhh... don’t know what to say, thank you I suppose? I guess it doesn’t really cross my mind to do anything other than try to think of others. I’m nothing special honestly, all I really try to do is think of what my son would want his dad to live like and treat others, and then try to follow that. And considering how much light he brought to our world and touched the lives of others in such a precious short time, it’s only right that I try to at least reach a glimmer of that during my lifetime. Anything less would be an insult to his memory.

... at any rate just wanted to mention that the canvas paper was for your husband for the art supplies. Oh yeah, the probe thermometer was from me too, didnt give me an option for a note sadly. If there is something else he would need or like art wise I’d like to know as it’s not an area I’m well-versed in. There is still another item that should be coming any day that I may need to have a conversation with Amazon on if it gets delayed any further. I hope it reaches you soon.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Everyone is amazing!

• Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    This is a good thing. I'm glad that this exists.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Yo!

Another glorious Saint sent me a $50 Amazon giftcard, with the instructions to purchase Hero off of Amazon Prime.

Which I will now do because that film is amazing!

Thank you Saint!!!

@Blackhawk1313 has sent me an Aeropress! just in time for Christmas weekend coffee! I've got a four day weekend from my new job, which means plenty of time to get really loaded up on caffeine and bake. Thank you so much, again, this is a ridiculous amount of stuff

@Blackhawk1313 has sent me an Aeropress! just in time for Christmas weekend coffee! I've got a four day weekend from my new job, which means plenty of time to get really loaded up on caffeine and bake. Thank you so much, again, this is a ridiculous amount of stuff

Yay it finally arrived! This was the second package in two weeks I had get lost in shipping, glad they got it right the second time.

Zonugal wrote: »
    Yo!

Another glorious Saint sent me a $50 Amazon giftcard, with the instructions to purchase Hero off of Amazon Prime.

Which I will now do because that film is amazing!

Thank you Saint!!!

Hey, I finally used this gift-card and added these films to my digital collection!

-- Hero
    -- Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Edition)
    -- Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Extended Edition)
    -- Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Extended Edition)
    -- Mortal Kombat

Thanks Saint!!!

@JoeUser is also an AMAZING SAINT!

I was gifted:

-- The Unwritten Volume #1 & #2
    -- Hercules: the Legendary Journeys seasons 1 & 2
    -- Avalon Hill's Betrayal at Baldur's Gate board game

Wooo!!!!!!

Thanks JoeUser!!!

• mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Reading this thread is one of my favorite things every year! Y'all are some classy folks.

on the nth day of saintmas @JoeUser gave to me
    days of future past
    and an orange knife block from the TV
    (America's Test Kitchen to be exact)

thank you so much!

So apparently the saints of this thread have seen fit to make a fool of me. I say we are probably done getting packages and we received another fairly large, and confusing package.

To start with we have 4 shirts. One sleep shirt, and 3 regular star wars shirts. They vary from Rogue One themed, to general storm trooper theme and are all very cool. The sleep shirt is even flame resistant! Now I can set the house on fire in the middle of the night with no worries! They are all very cool and I think she will love it to death.

We also have a Boba Fett necklace and Darth Vader bracelet. This look very fancy and interesting. The Boba Fett necklace is in three pieces which looks super cool even if I don't fully understand why it does that. I am old (the second you have a child you become old) so maybe it's just the hip new thing kids are doing these days. In my day we hung an onion from our belts.

There is also another Lego set! The muffled screaming you hear is my feet, but they can suck it cause Legos are cool. This is a Han Solo Frozen in Carbonite set. This one looks pretty nifty. More toys for me to play with when she falls asleep!

The last of the Star Wars stuff is some cool looking pictures that I believe are intended to go on the wall. They are cool scenes from The Last Jedi showing a picture of the Millennium Falcon on Planet Skywalker and a battle even near the end of the movie.

There is also a Mario Kart egg thing? She will certainly love this as she is a huge Mario Kart fan. I like it as well as she never seems to have anything to spend her various holiday monies on, and this will give her a thing to spend them on. I would love to gush more but much like the games from earlier I will have to circle back once I know what it is exactly. I believe it to be a random character in a Kart which is super cool, and something she will use to make the neighbors jealous.

We also have some very cool modeling clay. It looks like some very sturdy stuff to boot. It has one large pack in a white color and a smaller pack in red. This pairs extremely nicely with the modeling clay stuff from earlier giving her endless stuff to make. I will try and post pictures somewhere later if I ever figure out how to do that. There is also a pack of colored pencils that will go over so much better than they should. I found a package of half dead crayons from when we moved a year ago while cleaning up. She was jumping up and down with excitement. I cannot oversell how well the art supplies are going to go over.

There is also an adorable kitten calendar that she is going to lose her mind over. Absolutely lose her shit I am telling you. It might get the biggest reaction of anything with how adorable it is. This is a dream gift honestly. Why didn't I think to name something like this specifically? Because I wouldn't have thought of it cause I am a moron.

We have 2 adorable plushies as well! One is a reindeer, and the other is a green Yoshi! This will go well. Multiple Yoshi's will absolutely be her jam. Original flavor Yoshi is also the best in my opinion. The reindeer is an adorable ball of fluffiness. It claims to always land on it's feet. It is super cute regardless and a certain hit.

This finishes all of what can be classified as normal items. There is some other stuff I will now detail that ranges from bizarre to inexplicable and I honestly love this package all the more for the randomness of it. To start there were 2 adorable letters from Santa and a Merry Hamstermas card with a hard drawn hamster of supreme artistic ability. Pictures of the card once I learn how to do that. I assure you also, kind saint, that the package arrived with plenty of time to spare. My car has been out of commission most of the week or else I would have had this up sooner.

Then we get into the bizarre. Starting with a copy of Shaqfu for the SNES. It had me laughing at how strange an addition it was as well as assuming it must be some calling card that I am missing. It is my kind of random though so kudos for finding the perfect cult classic to embody the randomness of it all.

There was also a map, a gallery guide, and assorted other odds and ends that were probably meant as packaging material, but also wasn't balled up like the newspaper used for that purpose. There is also a guide to a local to someone movie theater.

The filler has left us puzzling over what it was for, and settling on probably just random stuff, but cool random stuff. Thank you again saints. My wonderful child will have an amazing Christmas thanks to all of you, and that means the world to me. I know I am repeating myself, but it bears repeating. I owe you all a great debt of gratitude that I don't think I can ever repay.

• Pinkie3.1415926Pinkie3.1415926 Registered User, Awaiting Email Confirmation new member
    Hello. I'm new to talking on forums. This is my first post in fact. My amazing spouse asked for help here, and you all have really made this Christmas special. So I made an account to say thank you. I know my kid is going to love the presents. Although I do not look forward to stepping on legos, I know she will love building all the star wars sets (pretending to be a Jedi of course). The modeling clay is just so perfect. She has been saying she needs more of it. I will have to post a pic when she makes her next masterpiece. I know I'm rambling, but I'm just so happy. I can't wait for Christmas, and it's thanks to the Saints here. Thank you.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The saints thread has been SHAQ ATTACKED

No place is safe from Shaq. Come and get yours!

@JoeUser also gifted me Injustice 2 for the PS4.

HE IS A GOOD SAINT!

• Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    So that Mario Kart egg that gives you a random character? Yeah it was Yoshi. Dearest saint, are you a fucking magician or was that just stupid lucky? Either way I am amazed. Kiddo absolutely loved everything she got and has already begun making stuff that amazes me with the modeling clay. I will post pictures unless someone objects later. This has been a wonderful Christmas based on the kindness of people who may not even interact with me regularly, and certainly have never met my wonderful child. I can not thank you enough for this miracle. Soon we will be playing with the Legos and that will be awesome until I find the piece we dropped at 3am on my way to the bathroom.

Zonugal wrote: »
    @JoeUser also gifted me Injustice 2 for the PS4.

HE IS A GOOD SAINT!

Are we PS4 friends?

• the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Alright, so I just opened up this outrageously generous bunch of presents. But, earlier, I gave my nephew his gifts that were so kindly donated by Mrs. @Ladybug2332.
    Let's see what's inside.

7qf3wh9l.jpg
    eDrJEl4l.jpg

A lego book all about making needlessly elaborate contraptions! It comes with a bunch of useful lego hinges and such. Very cool.

And then also this.
    I3vdTpIl.png

Wow! So awesome! And what a reaction from the nephew. I mean, just look at that great big smi-
    JRnjdEB.jpg

For some reason I didn't get a photo of this. Oops!

Anyways, he loves them and I am grateful not to be the worst uncle ever. Thank you, Ladybug!

Time passes...
    That would have been enough, but Ladybug couldn't resist. Gifts... for me?! Addicted to gifting, I suspect. BAM!

NwJXktUl.jpg

Thank you so much, and good tidings to you and yours, as well.

NTYiJnMl.jpg

'What in the hell is that?' you may ask. Why, it's a set of car stereo removal tools, so that I may become a stereo thief replace my stereo with a hand-me-down. It has an aux in, I am so excited to play tunes and podcasts! It's gonna be sweet!

clrh4ELl.jpg

A kitchen knife with a sharpening sheathe. Futuristic Technology! Oh, what a time to be alive!

AP4xZ0al.jpg

A couple of these drawstring backpacks that are hip these days. If only I had something to put in them...

mfZzC3el.jpg

BmGqXv8l.jpg

How 'bout these bad boys? A hot plate and a saucepan (with silicone thumb grip. Such opulence). Cooking in the park in style.

15kWYqml.jpg

Aw, yeah! A juicy farming/monster-slashing affair. I have named my farm "Ladybug Farm" after the most generous, amazing, and sweet forumer, @Ladybug2332. Thank you for being a ray of hope in one of the hardest years of my life.

And big thanks to Raijin for putting this together! <3

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh hey, my mom had bought me a switch way back in October when I was in the hospital pining for one, she ran out and bought it then.

Which is good, because our big "Christmas present" was really treating my doggo for his ears and skin infection.

Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
    Oh hey, my mom had bought me a switch way back in October when I was in the hospital pining for one, she ran out and bought it then.

Which is good, because our big "Christmas present" was really treating my doggo for his ears and skin infection.

I'm awesoming the Switch, not the doggie infection

n9z1pudlq9up.jpg

Kanji has decided all throw pillows are for him forever

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    My beagle has that same collar!

1p9ewkatd87b.jpg

Hers is much dirtier though

I wash his regularly with Lemi-shine or oxyclean, he also has one with macarons on it

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Hey Keith. Hey.

Lookit those toes!

• RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    Collar buddies!

@Blackhawk1313 I've got a new buddy at work today! thank you for the company!

wrgxg939043n.jpg

Oh good it arrived! The delivery date on it from anywhere between last week and the end of January... it was most unhelpful.

• Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2018
    Ok, apparently the following post I made in the hospital never went through. So I'm going to go ahead and post it along with the one I made in the Steam thread. The one I made last week:

@Slacker71 has completed the prophecy: that one day I would own Birth By Sleep. A package arrived today and my mother brought it to the hospital, where the address on the package led her to ask me “How long has there been a Q. In Munkus Q. Beaver?”

I’ll crack it open once I get home, these intense action games are harder to play with an IV in my neck. Tense up and whoops, occlusion o’clock.

But enough about that! You’re awesome!, @Slacker71 Ya’ll have no idea how much it’s to receive a package in the hospital. It’s boring as shit.

In the steam thread:

Oh hey, I got a late gift and I'm not sure the best place to put it, so I'll put it here!

xeu95fxl73do.jpg

Thanks @Karoz ! Ducktales was one of my favorite games/shows growing up and I am super excited to play the remastered version! Thank you so much, it means a lot to me <3

Heading for the final curtain? Bold deduction never fails! That's for certain!

And the worst of messes shall become successes.

Ducktales. Not pony tales, or cotton tales. No, Duck Tales.

So every day I'll be out there making derring-do, bad, and good luck tales.

Woo-hoo

Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    You left Karoz' email address on that screenshot there.

Blake T wrote: »
    You left Karoz' email address on that screenshot there.

Already sold it to a Nigerian Prince