As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Curse of Osiris out now! DM your clan's GM for PA re-up.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I'm confused. Is osiris playlist supposed to be all maps and I've just had silly rng? Or is it just the 2 Titan ones/Mercury forest one?

Because the latter would be pure nonsense

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    retribution is easily the map i play the best on, probably because it requires the least thought. Shoot down the hallway!

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I'm confused. Is osiris playlist supposed to be all maps and I've just had silly rng? Or is it just the 2 Titan ones/Mercury forest one?

It can be other maps too, but it's weighted towards giving the new maps.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Me: "If I've saved up a bunch of Vanguard tokens and don't care about the armor, should I just turn them in for Masterworks chance?"

@metaghost: "Eh, probably."

Zavala: "Here, have a MW Scathelocke, Origin Story, and Main Ingredient."

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    say what you will about the raid lair or destiny content in general

having a stupid emote dance party in the middle of the tower and watching randos join in is still the best part of the game

Hahaha

https://youtu.be/SOmrDJIxt00

This really made me miss the D1 Tower.

But I do dig a lot of things about the D2 Tower, tbh. I think it's... justifiably larger and more detailed and more sprawling and more interesting.

I should get on for some Crucible 'round Christmas. 'Tis the season.

I think more sprawling is a flaw in a hub area. I really hate going from one side to the other to do turn ins or whatever. It's a whole lot of empty space nonsense.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Honestly they should let you access vendor menus from the map icons

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Me: "If I've saved up a bunch of Vanguard tokens and don't care about the armor, should I just turn them in for Masterworks chance?"

@metaghost: "Eh, probably."

Zavala: "Here, have a MW Scathelocke, Origin Story, and Main Ingredient."

I hate you so much

I turned in so many goddamn tokens to so many vendors

Got 1 masterwork. Of a crap pulse rifle

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i got like 15 MW weapons between sat and sun

i mean it was mostly shit guns, but i got my ghost primus and sins of the past plus medley-45 which is like a new solemn hymn

good stuff

i finally had RNG success after 20 years of playing online games

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    So are any of the new guns looking good? The "Uriel's but with Kill Clip" seems to be the only one that's really jumped immediately into my rotation.

Thought the three shot hand cannon that heals and reloads on precision would be bad ass for PvP, but in the end it still wasn't as good as my Last Hope.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Looking good for what?

For PvP, standouts to me are the Eulogy sidearm (like Last Hope but with High Cal and Grave Robber), the Autumn Wind (crucible drop, 540 pulse, poor man's Time Worn Spire), and the Pariah 6 (prophecy 6, energy SMG with Phase Mag and Grave Robber).

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Looking good for what?

For PvP, standouts to me are the Eulogy sidearm (like Last Hope but with High Cal and Grave Robber), the Autumn Wind (crucible drop, 540 pulse, poor man's Time Worn Spire), and the Pariah 6 (prophecy 6, energy SMG with Phase Mag and Grave Robber).

Cool. I should try that Eulogy again. I didn't really see any benefit over Last Hope but I didn't give it much a chance.

Any standouts in PvE? I feel like everything I try is pretty much a lesser version of something I was already getting from a vanilla gun. (Except the before mentioned Uriels + Kill Clip)

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

It can be other maps too, but it's weighted towards giving the new maps.

If it is weighted it is a hell of a weight. I have been playing in it exclusively for the last week and have only gotten the two new Titan Maps, the new Mercury map and the Shores of Time remake, which was included for whatever reason. If it is weighted so much that I only see 4 maps after multiple days of play I'm just going to go ahead and say those are the only 4 maps in the rotation.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I've played 50+ games of Crucible since the DLC and I've never seen the map there. I didn't see it for the first time until Trials.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Cool. I should try that Eulogy again. I didn't really see any benefit over Last Hope but I didn't give it much a chance.

Any standouts in PvE? I feel like everything I try is pretty much a lesser version of something I was already getting from a vanilla gun. (Except the before mentioned Uriels + Kill Clip)

Purpose, the Trials Scout Rifle, comes with Explosive Rounds and fires faster than Nameless Midnight with only a small loss of Impact. I've been using it instead of NM and it feels pretty great. Downside is you have to do Trials or get lucky with a clan engram.

Perfect Paradox, the shotgun you get from Brother Vance's Lost Prophecies, is a total beast. Full Auto + Rampage makes it even better than Hawthorne's. The grind to get it is pretty real, though. I'm talkin' TTK Exotic Sword grindy.

Nature of the Beast is a fast-firing Hand Cannon that comes with Dragonfly. I don't think it beats Better Devils, but it is a decent option if you're looking for a HC in the energy slot. I really think they need to buff Dragonfly, it was such a satisfying perk in D1. I'll be keeping this one around in hopes of a balance update down the road.

awsimo on
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    @ObiFett

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7klger/remember_when_bungie_first_announced_eververse/

Make certain you read the comments by Jason Schreier. Interesting stuff.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

Everybody's Golf does this and it's both nice and weird. Like, you can run around the (tiny) hub world area to launch various activities, or you can just do it from the menu. And having the option, I have to say that I never actually use the menu to do anything. But in Destiny, I wish I had a menu. It's just the grass being greener and all. But I'd still like the option specifically because of the amount of time it takes to run from center, to left, then over to right if I have business everywhere.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »

Not really. That's pretty standard stuff. If they can get away with it, people (companies, individuals, whatever) will always try and get ahead of the story to control the narrative. That's like basic PR.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    EDIT

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Not really. That's pretty standard stuff. If they can get away with it, people (companies, individuals, whatever) will always try and get ahead of the story to control the narrative. That's like basic PR.

Huge difference in how they find out. You catch wind of it because you notice them nosing around? Fair play and all that. When asked for direct comment? Spinning the journo out while you rush to beat them to press is a dick move and how you end up with five minute response windows. It was a short sighted and ultimately self destructive move for a PR rep.

Which is the distilled essence of Bungie's PR strategy.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Fawst wrote: »

Everybody's Golf does this and it's both nice and weird. Like, you can run around the (tiny) hub world area to launch various activities, or you can just do it from the menu. And having the option, I have to say that I never actually use the menu to do anything. But in Destiny, I wish I had a menu. It's just the grass being greener and all. But I'd still like the option specifically because of the amount of time it takes to run from center, to left, then over to right if I have business everywhere.

Grab the speed boost. It's what I do whenever I have to leave the main area.

• Options

Huge difference in how they find out. You catch wind of it because you notice them nosing around? Fair play and all that. When asked for direct comment? Spinning the journo out while you rush to beat them to press is a dick move and how you end up with five minute response windows. It was a short sighted and ultimately self destructive move for a PR rep.

There really isn't a difference. It may be a "dick move" but it's also pretty normal. Most of the time the issue is not having enough time to prepare a response before the story breaks. But if you can, you try to.

It's neither short-sighted nor self-destructive. As this exact situation demonstrates. Because it worked. Bungie controlled the narrative. They shaped how people viewed Eververse and they made it an announcement rather then a leak. They nailed the PR there and Jason Schreier's entire comment in that thread is him complaining about them doing that. They beat him on the spin.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    You can fast travel to the middle of the Tower to make those Ikora-Cayde runs a little faster.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

There really isn't a difference. It may be a "dick move" but it's also pretty normal. Most of the time the issue is not having enough time to prepare a response before the story breaks. But if you can, you try to.

It's neither short-sighted nor self-destructive. As this exact situation demonstrates. Because it worked. Bungie controlled the narrative. They shaped how people viewed Eververse and they made it an announcement rather then a leak. They nailed the PR there and Jason Schreier's entire comment in that thread is him complaining about them doing that. They beat him on the spin.

I mean, abusing a journalist's courtesy heads-up and request for comment to beat said journalist to a story is a quick way to ensure you never get that courtesy in the future. It's burning a bridge. The proper way to do it is to write a statement and provide it to the journalist.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Looking good for what?

There's also the Atalanta-D as an Antiope competitor

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    You can fast travel to the middle of the Tower to make those Ikora-Cayde runs a little faster.

Unless the game game fast travels you into the floor or other geometry for some unknown reason, then you have to try again.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

has anyone else been loading into the tower in front of ikora? It's happened to me a couple of times and it's super weird.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »

I mean, abusing a journalist's courtesy heads-up and request for comment to beat said journalist to a story is a quick way to ensure you never get that courtesy in the future. It's burning a bridge. The proper way to do it is to write a statement and provide it to the journalist.

Sure, but it depends on if it's a worth it. I'd say in this case, yeah, it was very clearly worth it.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    I'll put in my 2 cents in terms of new weapons to watch out for, mostly with a PvP focus.

New City (SMG): 900 RPM kinetic SMG with quickdraw and range just behind Antiope (50 vs 63, I think).

Darkest Before (Pulse): Trials energy pulse in the high ROF archetype (think Lincoln Green or Timeworn Spire) with quickdraw and full auto. This the current chase gun I'm salivating over.

Positive Outlook (Auto): Obvious. Uriels + Kill Clip.

I'll also put it out there that I think Atalanta-D is just strictly worse than Antiope, and there's no reason to use it if you have an Antiope. New City at least fills a different archetype and role. I also doubt Eulogy is going to replace Last Hope. Max stability and Zen Moment is just too powerful on that gun. If you look at the comparison videos between between Last Hope and Last Dance, it's obvious how much of its strength comes from its ability to just handle like a laser.

• Options

Sure, but it depends on if it's a worth it. I'd say in this case, yeah, it was very clearly worth it.

Before you said "...it's also pretty normal" and "It's neither short-sighted nor self-destructive"

Now you are saying "Sure" and "in this case, yeah, it was very clearly worth it"

Can you take a less ambiguous position on this subject so that people who debate your points don't end up feeling like they got bait-and-switched?

Is it a perfectly normal occurrence that happens all the time and is to be expected? Or is it a case-by-case decision that needs to be weighed against the damaged relationships?

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    As MW go, I ain't got shit! But then again,

I don't see it as a dick move, that's just how PR works. Get out ahead of any given story that might be a negative and try to control the story. Their PR is pretty much fucked atm, every time something bad happens they bleat out how they're looking into it and will reply in a day or so once PR tells them what to say.

Then they set something else on fire. Repeat ad nauseum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Too bad for Bungie I have lots of other options to play as other companies have learned from their mistakes and made their competing games that much better. These days there are so many more games to play than players have time. You really can't afford to be a prick with micro transactions like EA or like Bungie have been. Part of what irks me is other companies have learned their lesson, publically, and Bungie just seemingly ignored that.

Take The Division's shaders for instance. They were inventory items. They tied up space. They were annoying. So they fixed it. Now they're just unlocks, take up no space and there you go. Did no one at Bungie see that happen and say, "Uh, won't us going the opposite direction be a bad idea since it didn't work for them?"

I can only assume if that person exists, some bean counter told that person to shut the fuck up, because they were going to tie shaders to microtransactions.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I'm playing DnD tomorrow night for the first time. Why does this matter to the Destiny thread?

My first character is going to be a half-orc (assuming some physical racial benefits) fighter who specializes in charging knee and shoulder attacks, and probably also shield bashing.

It's Booker with a shield.

Ideally I'll be able to make people explode on kill, then I will be happy.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm playing DnD tomorrow night for the first time. Why does this matter to the Destiny thread?

My first character is going to be a half-orc (assuming some physical racial benefits) fighter who specializes in charging knee and shoulder attacks, and probably also shield bashing.

You need to have a scribe/scholar that travels with you named Exboks

And when you defeat your enemies in glorious fashion, you must exclaim

"Exboks, record that!"

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Make sure that half-orc shouts "XBOX, RECORD THAT" as his battlecry.

EDIT: Two minds, one thought, @Forever Zefiro ... Well, almost.

Sirialis on
  • Options

Before you said "...it's also pretty normal" and "It's neither short-sighted nor self-destructive"

Now you are saying "Sure" and "in this case, yeah, it was very clearly worth it"

Can you take a less ambiguous position on this subject so that people who debate your points don't end up feeling like they got bait-and-switched?

Is it a perfectly normal occurrence that happens all the time and is to be expected? Or is it a case-by-case decision that needs to be weighed against the damaged relationships?

There's nothing ambiguous about what I'm saying, so I've no idea wtf your issue is. None of the things I've said are inconsistent with each other.

It is not short-sighted or self-destructive or unusual to try and get in front of a potentially damaging story and shape the narrative. Bungie illustrated that exact thing with this issue, where they preempted an early leak of their microtransaction system. Can this kind of thing burn bridges? Maybe. It can be worth the risk of that happening though. Especially in the video game industry where "journalism" is laughable at the best of times. Which we again see right here because ... nothing came of it.

There is nothing interesting or notable about Schreir's story in that thread. He's just gripping.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    My three sets.

Void
    t6GxfiKh.png

Solar
    kPivZlxh.png

Arc
    OrIIj48h.png

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

There's nothing ambiguous about what I'm saying, so I've no idea wtf your issue is. None of the things I've said are inconsistent with each other.

It is not short-sighted or self-destructive or unusual to try and get in front of a potentially damaging story and shape the narrative. Bungie illustrated that exact thing with this issue, where they preempted an early leak of their microtransaction system. Can this kind of thing burn bridges? Maybe. It can be worth the risk of that happening though. Especially in the video game industry where "journalism" is laughable at the best of times. Which we again see right here because ... nothing came of it.

There is nothing interesting or notable about Schreir's story in that thread. He's just gripping.

You're arguing against a point no one is making or has made. Of course of company wants to get ahead of a bad story, that much is obvious. It is, however, short-sighted to abuse journalistic courtesy to achieve this aim. And that is, in fact, unusual. If Bungie learned on their own that a story was coming out and was able to get their own story out ahead of it, then that's a great PR coup. As far as the "nothing came of it" line, well Jason Schreier did publish a book which included a pretty scathing behind-the-scenes look at what went on with Destiny. And he continues to publish pieces critical of Bungie and the problems that plague Destiny 2. Bungie has been forced to deal with a lot of really bad PR, especially recently. If they respected journalistic courtesy more, they might have been able to provide statements to spin these in a favorable direction, but I haven't seen that happen.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017

You need to have a scribe/scholar that travels with you named Exboks

And when you defeat your enemies in glorious fashion, you must exclaim

"Exboks, record that!"

Is there an ability called Focus in DnD, because if so...

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Ripping off the Terminator in the very first panel was an interesting way to go.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I liked how they managed to fit in both Saint-14 and Osiris's Eververse ships into the story already.

Sirialis on
This discussion has been closed.