As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Landing infantry.

Geth, roll 1d10t8 for Creuss Infantry
    Geth, roll 1d10t8 for Jol-Nar Infantry

Creuss Infantry:
    1d10t8 0 [1d10t8=6]
    Jol-Nar Infantry:
    1d10t8 0 [1d10t8=3]

Geth, roll 1d10t8 for Creuss Infantry
    Geth, roll 1d10t8 for Jol-Nar Infantry

Creuss Infantry:
    1d10t8 1 [1d10t8=10]
    Jol-Nar Infantry:
    1d10t8 0 [1d10t8=5]

Creuss wins Sakulag.

Geth, roll 2d10t6 for Infantry save

Infantry save:
    2d10t6 1 [2d10t6=5, 10]

Invasion succeeds.

Final disposition:

Creuss
    Holds Sakulag (1 infantry)
    Hil Colish (damaged) (CV 5)
    Dreadnought (damaged) (CV 5)
    Dreadnought (damaged) (CV 5)

Jol-Nar
    Holds Lazar (3 infantry)

Forces lost:

Creuss
    4x Fighters
    1 card

Jol-Nar
    Spacedock
    Destroyer
    Carrier
    Dreadnought
    5x Fighters
    2x Infantry (1 regenerated)
    4 cards

@Mojo_Jojo - look good?

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Yep. That certainly did not go well for the Fishfolk

Thanks for taking care of all the rolling and admin too

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    No problem! Sorry for the screwup!

And would you believe that I totally misread a card?

Would’ve made things way more interesting if it worked like I thought it did.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I make that @preda's action

Edit: but I'm wrong

Mojo_Jojo on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I play after Elvenshae, I believe.

MrBlarney Leadership 1
    Mojo Diplomacy 2
    Preda Politics 3
    Brody Trade 5
    Elvenshae Technology 7
    Hedgethorn Imperial 8

Hedgethorn on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Question from a newbie that I hope someone is able to answer honestly without giving away too much...

Given that I currently hold Mecatol Rex, is there anything @MrBlarney could do on his turn that would allow him to try to land ground forces again? I realize the Warfare strategy card would allow him to remove the command token and reactivate that system, but are there any Action cards that allow a similar action? Or am I guaranteed that the only way to lose Mecatol this round would be for someone else to invade, destroy MrBlarney's fleet and land troops?

Hedgethorn wrote: »
    I play after Elvenshae, I believe.

MrBlarney Leadership 1
    Mojo Diplomacy 2
    Preda Politics 3
    Brody Trade 5
    Elvenshae Technology 7
    Hedgethorn Imperial 8

Ah, it's the returning mystery of counting out to get me again

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Excitement will inevitably abound. Who loses a planet next? Mojo, weakened by combat? Blarney, overextended? Preda, trying to rebuild? Or am I due for another assault from what I thought was a friendly neighbor?

Edit: I don't know enough about the Action Card deck to give answer.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    @Elvenshae I believe there may be one copy of an action card that allows one to pull a tactical counter off the board, mirroring Warfare, but could be wrong. Other than that and Warfare itself, yes, someone else would have to fight his fleet and then land their forced against your own.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
    You mean @Hedgethorn there. :)

Question from a newbie that I hope someone is able to answer honestly without giving away too much...

Given that I currently hold Mecatol Rex, is there anything MrBlarney could do on his turn that would allow him to try to land ground forces again? I realize the Warfare strategy card would allow him to remove the command token and reactivate that system, but are there any Action cards that allow a similar action? Or am I guaranteed that the only way to lose Mecatol this round would be for someone else to invade, destroy MrBlarney's fleet and land troops?

I can't see a way. If there is an action card then I always have that sabotage on hand if the price is right

Are there action cards that let you remove an infantry from an enemy planet? But even then, it'd remain mine until someone actually landed ground forces, correct?

Are there action cards that let you remove an infantry from an enemy planet? But even then, it'd remain mine until someone actually landed ground forces, correct?

Nope. There was such a card in TI3 but it's gone now (although if it did strip your last gf from a planet you lost it)

Thanks for the info, all. Waiting on an answer from the host about one thing, then I'll go.

I would say it's probably possible, but unlikely.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• PredaPreda Registered User regular

Given that I currently hold Mecatol Rex, is there anything @MrBlarney could do on his turn that would allow him to try to land ground forces again? I realize the Warfare strategy card would allow him to remove the command token and reactivate that system, but are there any Action cards that allow a similar action? Or am I guaranteed that the only way to lose Mecatol this round would be for someone else to invade, destroy MrBlarney's fleet and land troops?

There is exactly 1 copy of the Unexpected Action card that let you remove 1 CC from the map.

edited December 2017
    ...well, then, hopefully this doesn't backfire on me.

This is probably paranoia on my part, but I don't like those Letnev ships hanging around my border when he still has command tokens to use.

Signal Jamming: Action- Choose 1 non-home system that contains or is adjacent to one of your ships. Place another player's command token on that system.

Put Letnev command token on the Centauri/Gral system.

@MrBlarney for the next action.

Hedgethorn on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    The continued movements and posturing is quite interesting.

Play Action Card "Mining Initiative", selecting Bereg and gaining 5 Trade Goods. (AC 6 --> 5, TG 0 --> 5)

Mining Initiative
    Action: Gain trade goods equal to the resource value of 1 planet you control.

@Mojo_Jojo has the next action.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Play diplomacy targeting my homeworld to refresh both planets and put tokens from everybody else in it

@MrBlarney @preda @Elvenshae @Hedgethorn @brody for the secondary

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @Brody , @Hedgethorn froze your fleet and you should have right of reply before more people continue play

I don't have a reply. Nor do I have tokens for secondaries.

Pass.

True, true. It's an impactful enough Action Card that I should have waited for Sabotage calling. Do you think anyone will want to Sabotage my card?

In any case, PLAY on the Diplomacy secondary, refreshing [0.0.0] and Bereg. (SP 2 --> 1)

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Play secondary. Refresh Winnu and Lodor.

Pass on Diplomacy secondary.

I should be next and everyone already passed. Play Uprising- Action: Exhaust 1 non-home planet owned by another player, then gain trade goods equal to its resource value. Targeting Bereg for 5TG.

@MrBlarney for sabotage

Play diplomacy secondary, refreshing Nestphar and Quann.

I thought we were going to be friends, Preda! No sabotage, unless someone wants to play one on my behalf.

We're moving along at a good clip, but maybe we should hold up a bit for a game status update before @Brody takes his action?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    We've not done a whole lot since the last update. Just a fight over Sakulag/Lazar, two Action Cards, and Diplomacy.

Frontline Deployment- Action: Place 3 infantry from your reinforcements on any planet you control. On Mekar Xull.

@Elvenshae

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Sorry, yesterday was a 10 hour work day on 150 minutes of sleep.

Real life comes first.

Also, thanks @MrBody for running this for us.

Next you'll be asking for Christmas Day off and more coal on the fire

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Next you'll be asking for Christmas Day off and more coal on the fire

"oooh, I'm freezing and can't see the board in the dark ... Waaaah!"

Some people! ;)

Pass

@Hedgethorn

Play Imperial.
    Claim one victory point for possession of Mecatol Rex.
    Claim "Erect a Monument" public objective for one victory point. Exhaust Nestphar, Quann, Gral, Corneo, and Qucen'n for 8 resources.

@Brody @MrBlarney @Elvenshae @Mojo_Jojo @Preda for Imperial secondaries, if desired.

Don't have the token for it, so.

Pass.

Pass on the Imperial secondary