As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Digital Card Games] – Finally, a Morrowind sequel

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Does eternal have a battle of wits equivalent?

no, but there is a bunch of Time cards in this set built around milling yourself, taking advantage of that, and then shuffling your deck back in, so that seems like the sort of gooftacular weirdness you like

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm still waiting for Gwent to go on Steam so I don't need to have a whole separate client for one game

I'm probably gonna be waiting a while, huh

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    There is 0 chance that Gog ever lets you play Gwent on something other than their digital storefront

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

no, but there is a bunch of Time cards in this set built around milling yourself, taking advantage of that, and then shuffling your deck back in, so that seems like the sort of gooftacular weirdness you like

I'm not gonna craft 6TTTT "hazoret's last stand but it only hits one card and that might be a land" tyvm

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Oh but you were going to craft a good card like Battle of Wits huh

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

and then your opponent plays steward of the past and you hover over concede for about 10 seconds while "arms of the angels" starts playing

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Does anybody play Ascension?

I do. I have for a while. It’s fun.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I think Plague was a super underrated card tbh

Not only does it slam dunk rally decks it perma-kills dawnwalkers!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Plague was pretty good in Draft, but in constructed there are too many decks it's a borderline-dead draw against where you'd really rather have more removal in those slots.

• Options

it was sideboarded in tournaments a lot

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

it was sideboarded in tournaments a lot

That makes a good deal of sense as well.

• Options
    i haven't seen a steward of the past in like half a year

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Then I suppose you're already out of the silver mines.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    i uhm well

i mean not to sound braggy but if you reach masters you start at gold 3

so yes

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    i uhm well

i mean not to sound braggy but if you reach masters you start at gold 3

so yes

look at braggy mcgee over here

• Options

I'm in gold 2 and I see them frequently

https://rngeternal.com/tier_list/

feln control has been blowing it up thanks to their praxis and aggro deck matchups

• Options
    yes i am aware of the most popular tier list as well

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    then you should be aware that steward hjas been seeing a lot of play in the last month

• Options
    position on a tier list is not the same thing as prevalence on the ladder

i have seen an extremely limited amount of stewards

i'm sorry that this does not line up with your experiences or what you have read on the internet

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    While it's not as egregious or gross as Shadowverse can be, it's funny that a bunch of people only just realized Eternal is, well, "pandering" with its art as well. Several streamers did a double take at Rakano Sheriff and I'm like "y'all this is not the first time they've done this!"

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    titties rule

• Options
    Apparently there's a new Shadowverse expansion, introducing rotation as well as an entire new faction of cards.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    sooo i just disenchanted all of my year of the kraken cards to fund a quick hall-of-fame turnover

...then i realised i have no gold saved up, and no decks now

maybe this is the end for me and hearthstone? i just played my first game in months, a tavern brawl. it was ok.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh, that's where they put the thread.

For those looking forward to the digital LOTR LCG adaption, they announced how the Early Access Founder's Packs were going to work. No specific date yet, although they mentioned in the Twitch streams that it probably wouldn't be going live this month.

And also a work-in-progress preview of the cards in the Core Set.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Also information about Artifact is starting to come out, since Valve had a big event for the press to play and talk about it.

PCGamer's article on it.

The big surprise is that it's a Richard Garfield game, and he's been working with Valve on it since 2014.

It sounds a bit crazy... and pretty awesome?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I enjoy that it's not f2p but you also don't get all the cards. Back up that dump truck into the Valve money pit

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I'm pretty cold on it, personally. I think inantp put a pretty fine point on it in the steam thread in saying that it's more or less entirely an attempt to reproduce the magic aftermarket on steam's ecosystem. It'll likely be a well-made game but I don't think that's gonna be enough to justify the buy-in for me.

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I enjoy that it's not f2p but you also don't get all the cards. Back up that dump truck into the Valve money pit

It's so gross! They're not only gonna get paid when ppl buy packs or whatever but also when they buy singles from each other on the back end.

• Options
    There is a version of this where handling the secondary market allows more freedom from the common-uncommon-rare-mythic rare power structure. Wizards pushes power into rares and mythics because at the end of the day their only income source is selling the pack. If you don't have that limitation you can, theoretically, have some more consumer-friendly aspects in the pack.

However, the company Valve is and the way they have monetized the steam marketplace do not make me presume that they are a consumer-benevolent company.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Also information about Artifact is starting to come out, since Valve had a big event for the press to play and talk about it.

PCGamer's article on it.

The big surprise is that it's a Richard Garfield game, and he's been working with Valve on it since 2014.

It sounds a bit crazy... and pretty awesome?

Richard Garfield being on it is a strong sell for me. Wasn't super interested prior.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    I think it's really funny to me how often people say "Richard Garfield, inventor of Magic!" and not "Richard Garfield, inventor of failed digital TCG Solforge"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Didn't Solforge fail more out of a marketing failure than a game design one?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I mean I thought it was bad.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I mean I thought it was bad.

Yeah but that's only one data point and literally nobody else played it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    richard "ancestral recall is fine" garfield

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    An artist contracted to provide art for Shadowverse straight-up stole art from a Magic card:

https://kotaku.com/shadowverse-apologizes-for-taking-magic-the-gathering-a-1823725482

30evusv3p2l6.png

• Options
    https://legends.bethesda.net/en/article/1m34QvtNk4iOwG4g82Gwwa/announcing-the-elder-scrolls-legends-houses-of-morrowind

Elder Scrolls Legends is going to Morrowind, and including three-colour cards.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    SolForge was fun but a real mess release and dev wise.

Early Magic was a mess but he also invented the whole genre so who the hell can blame him? He's also been involved in some recent Magic sets that were very good.

Also Netrunner is the actual best card game ever made.

King of Tokyo is pretty good too.

Oh and RoboRally.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Yo

So due to a “laundry incident” I had to get a new phone. Since I was now off my ancient iPhone 5, I decided to pick up Eternal for my phone to fill my crippling MTG addiction when I’m not at the shop or on mtgo.

This is pretty great! I tried Hearthstone a while back and it really never clicked for me but this is much more my speed (unsurprisingly, since a bunch of magic pros work on it). And the FTP model is pretty generous!

I’m still early on (Mastered Gauntlet and am now working on Forge - at Gold now - while dipping my toes into VS modes for quests), but I already have a pretty decent card pool and enough shards (7k) that I figure by the time I’m done with Forge, I could finish up the leavings for one of those budget Rakano Warcry decks. Heck I could build it now (only would cost me 2500 shards), but figure I’ll wait until I’m out of gold for Forge/Draft.

Point is, I’m having a blast

• Options
    http://www.direwolfdigital.com/news/sealed-deck-leagues/

Eternal is adding Sealed Leagues, which I think is the first time that the modern generation of digital card games has done Sealed

liEt3nH.png