As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I am super happy with the new chits in the game. Everything is higher-rez, and the click trackers are actually double sided!

Oh shit there are new tokens? I wasn't planning on buying this...

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »
    I am super happy with the new chits in the game. Everything is higher-rez, and the click trackers are actually double sided!

Oh shit there are new tokens? I wasn't planning on buying this...

This seems to be surprising people! I need to get pictures up.

Also, in continuation from the board game thread:

I'm looking for "achievements" to unlock bonus points in an upcoming Netrunner league, to help encourage playing in different styles. Does anyone have a good list, or can think of fun ways to mix up things? I'm thinking the league will be Cache Refresh to help out newer players.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    here are some quick suggestions

1) flatline the runner
    1a) with meat
    1b) with net

2) win via points

3) win by decking the corp

4) gain 20c in one turn

5) have more than 10 remote servers

6) steal 3 agendas in one turn

7) lose a game in which you scored 6 points

8) end a turn with 20+ cards in hand

9) draw 10+ cards a turn

10) end a turn with 6+ cards in a remote (that's "in", not "in or protecting")

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    maybe something about using a resource to prevent an agenda from being scored?

something about traps? accessing an agenda with 6+ counters on it? Beginning your corporation turn with a card with 6+ advancement counters on it and no other cards in or protecting that server?

edit: win with the Black File installed, win with an empty stack and no SOT or Trope installed, win with no cards in R&D and jackson howard not installed

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    -Score a agenda worth six or more points.

Also, BurgerTokens seems to have a Netrunner set out now.

https://burgertokens.com/collections/frontpage/products/netrunner-tokens

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    This is the form we used for our league nights. Games past the second against a single person weren't counted until you'd played everyone in the league at least twice. You also got bonus points for playing games with unique IDs, so people would often show up to game night with 4 different decks. At the end of 6 weeks, we had a double-elimination tournament, with seeding determined by league points. Separate prizes (usually from a GNK kit) were also given out to those who had the 1st - 3rd most achievement points, as well as those who had the most competitive points.

tzeentchling on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Thanks everyone so much for the help and advice!

Edit: The burger tokens website isn't very clear. Am I reading that right, where basically they are stickers/adhesive that go on pennies?

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Edit: The burger tokens website isn't very clear. Am I reading that right, where basically they are stickers/adhesive that go on pennies?

Yeah, the idea is that the penny is the burger, and the caps are the buns. You supply your own pennies, since it'd cost more to ship them than the pennies are worth.

persona4celestia.jpg
    PMAvers wrote: »

Yeah, the idea is that the penny is the burger, and the caps are the buns. You supply your own pennies, since it'd cost more to ship them than the pennies are worth.

That seems pretty cool! Are the stickers domed in some way? They mentioned stackable, so my first thought was that they were, like, convex on one side, concave on the other, so they formed "dishes."

edited December 2017
    Pack four of Kitara just got announced. The Devil and the Dragon.

Oh hey new Crim ID.

Oh my god WHAT? Oduduwa is... wow.

THOSE CRAZY BASTARDS! They finally did a Weyland Public ID!

Also I kinda like that we're actually getting multiple Apex cards this cycle. The bug really needs it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Unconvinced by those Crim cards. The counter-drip of 419 isn't bad, but isn't exactly really hurting the corps (aside from making them play a hedge fund first before ice). They'll control what they want you to see anyway, and if they're installing multiple cards it only triggers the one time. Like, there's a reason Reina doesn't see much play and their abilities are very similar. Falsified Credentials is a Sure Gamble that can be played from 1 credit, which isn't bad, though of course if your opponent makes no remotes it's useless. Slightly better than Queen's Gambit, I think.

Like the new Weyland public ID and agenda, though it doesn't protect itself well in R&D or HQ. Still, like the idea of it in a Punitive deck.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    I agree, but if there is more stuff that triggers off expose (like aumakua) you can fork the Corp pretty hard.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Unconvinced by those Crim cards. The counter-drip of 419 isn't bad, but isn't exactly really hurting the corps (aside from making them play a hedge fund first before ice). They'll control what they want you to see anyway, and if they're installing multiple cards it only triggers the one time. Like, there's a reason Reina doesn't see much play and their abilities are very similar. Falsified Credentials is a Sure Gamble that can be played from 1 credit, which isn't bad, though of course if your opponent makes no remotes it's useless. Slightly better than Queen's Gambit, I think.

Like the new Weyland public ID and agenda, though it doesn't protect itself well in R&D or HQ. Still, like the idea of it in a Punitive deck.

Does the ID get prevented by corp playing Hedge? It isn't installed so them installing ice would trigger it. I think in a world of asset spam and combo decks it seems bad, but likely good against more fair netrunner decks... who plays those now?

Cerberus wrote: »

Does the ID get prevented by corp playing Hedge? It isn't installed so them installing ice would trigger it. I think in a world of asset spam and combo decks it seems bad, but likely good against more fair netrunner decks... who plays those now?

The point is more, if they don't want to reveal their ice to you they have to play the hedge fund first, else they don't have the 5 credits needed. I was being tongue-in-cheek here cause there's literally no reason to not play the money first.

edited December 2017

That seems pretty cool! Are the stickers domed in some way? They mentioned stackable, so my first thought was that they were, like, convex on one side, concave on the other, so they formed "dishes."

Mine arrived today, so I can answer that. Apparently the epoxy they used on the stickers is very slightly... well, sticky, so the tokens can stick to each other. Not sticky enough that it would actually stick to anything else but themselves, though. They're smooth to the touch. You're not going to want to pick a stack of them up by one and wave 'em around, but they won't fall over if you pick them up or move them around.

aXyCH4x.jpg

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I tried to get this in but missed out on all stock of it.

So I am awaiting my ability to get into this game patiently lol.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I'm willing to go down to $200 on my Netrunning collection...

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Happy New Cards Day, everyone! Sovereign Sight drops today. Spoilers came out while we were in the Upside Down, and most of them seem to be on NRDB. There's a HB ID in that set as well, as well as the new Apex card which doesn't seem to be on there for some reason.

I know I'm super stoked for Wake Up Call.

persona4celestia.jpg
    And there's the article for Sovereign Sight being out. Asa Group seems... pretty good? Could be crazy with Calibration Testing.

persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular

By Any Means is now an insanely good card.

edited December 2017
    I honestly didn't think of the Cyber-Cipher and Assimilator thing, where if you flip it up via Assimilator, it doesn't trigger the "when installed" thing and you can actually use it on any server.

APEX is DOG now.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Also, oh right, I guess you can Dedication Ceremony a Reconstruction Contract to FA things now. Neat.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Also, oh right, I guess you can Dedication Ceremony a Reconstruction Contract to FA things now. Neat.

Its fecking hard though. Weyland problem of the runner winning whilst you do fiddly things.

New caaaaaaaaaards!

Pack 5: Whispers in Nalubaale.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    "Anarchs excel in proliferating the spread of virus counters, as well as trashing cards from the Runner’s grip."

:/

Contaminate on a Hivemind after a purge seems pretty gross, though I'm out of the loop so maybe there are better ways to do that by now. eta: oh wait, I guess Medium and Parasite don't exist anymore, is Hivemind just total garbage now?

Mwanza City Grid seems pretty amazing if you have the cajones to turn it on. Put it on HQ, and assuming you actually have cards there for the runner to access, you got +10 credits for one click. Not as cute as a teacup giraffe, though.

Fry on
    I mean, yeah? Anarchs are pretty good at hurting themselves.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    it's hard to make Hivemind do much work without medium/parasite, yeah

I mean, it helps on Aumakua, and Chakana is still in the cycle!

Fry wrote: »
    Mwanza City Grid seems pretty amazing if you have the cajones to turn it on. Put it on HQ, and assuming you actually have cards there for the runner to access, you got +10 credits for one click. Not as cute as a teacup giraffe, though.

Put it in Haarpsichord, it's only 1 inf.

So word is that stores were being sent info directly about ordering the new Game Night Kits from their distributor reps. Heads-up in case they havn't, since the ordering window for the next two ones (the March and June releases) are open for the next two weeks.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Urban first SC of the year, take a CI teched maxx (and CI was the most common corp by a good margin), sweep round 1 ... and then get matched Vs 3 Skorp in a row :<

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I hope you slotted employee strike!

D:

edited January 2018
    Pulled out our store championship kit to verify the contents and put up our poster.

Part of me wants to take the organizer event swag because I won't be playing.

Part of me thinks it would be a nice, unannounced "Scorched Earth" prize.

Athenor on
    edited January 2018
    Man, I wish our “local” stores were that on top of stuff. Still waiting for them to announce a DATE for the SC’s.

Down the White Nile has a US release date of 2/1.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited January 2018
    The rest of White Nile.

Hi yes please Forced Connection.

Also looks like Adam just freed up all the influence he had to burn on Special Orders.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    neat stuff

edited January 2018
    Speaking of "neat stuff", another pack got spoiled.

...the FINAL pack of the cycle, Kampala Ascendant.
    You can imagine my reaction to Black Hat right now. :D

EDIT: I didn't finish reading all the cards before posting...
    WELCOME HOME SCORCHED EARTH! LET'S BBQ SOME MOTHERFUCKERS!

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Pack 6 contains SO MANY GOOD CARDS

it's insane

White Nile has a bunch of really cool things too

I'm kinda hyped about this cycle ya'll