As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - It Burns Us

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - It Burns Us

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    RigamarawRigamaraw Registered User regular
    Curse their sudden but inevitable betrayal.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Maybe they were trying to see how a good campaign was run so they could go back and bring jerry some tips?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Jerry will remember this.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Permanent disadvantage going forward

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    That's the danger about being a god. Nobody to worship you means you have zero power.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    That's the danger about being a god. Nobody to worship you means you have zero power.

I too have read Terry Pratchett.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I do like "hate eggs hatch'd". Pretty sure that's not in Milton, but it ought to be.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Enigmedic wrote: »

It's a pretty common idea. It isn't Pratchett specific, he didn't come up with it and will not be the last to use it. If anything I suspect he cribbed it from his good friend Neil Gaiman

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I’m pretty sure even Hercules tackled that issue with their episodes set in the modern day

Also the video games Black & White and Populus.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    The Gilgamesh-epos says that gods go hungry without offerings.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Enigmedic wrote: »

It's a pretty common idea. It isn't Pratchett specific, he didn't come up with it and will not be the last to use it. If anything I suspect he cribbed it from his good friend Neil Gaiman
    I dunno when they were writing together Gaiman conceded that he only wrote 25% of good omens and that Pratchett was a beast when it came to flow and ideas.