As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mafia de Cuba] Don don done. (Agent Victory)

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Phyphor you might want to talk now because if I pick Ringo or Auralynx and get an agent then you lose, buddy.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Don't we all lose if you pick an agent though?
    I'm not sure what exactly is different about Phyphor here.

edited December 2017
    ( @Phyphor the man cephalid horror doesn't like asking twice )

discrider on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I don't see a really good way out of this, unless Phyphor or Gizzy decide to turn in more info.

If Gizzy is telling the truth, ZH or Phyphor could still be a Jewel Thief

If Gizzy is lying, it's more likely Phyphor is an Agent

Oooh, here's something: So with no Jokers left and an Agent in the field down there, Phyphor would have to speak truthfully if the next pick was Gizzy. Because if she's an Agent, Phyphor loses. But if she's anything but a Jewel Thief the game would also end and potentially Phyphor loses.

How 'bout it, @Phyphor - what's Gizzy's game here?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    She's deffo an agent.
    The fuzz if you will.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    if this were a phalla: Ringo, ZHero and Bluecyan would come across as the "most village"

Now whether this is an act or not *shrugs*.

(Obviously not with bluecyan)

Egos on
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    The only reason i see for phyphor to remain silent is if he suspects ZH is a thief and phy a driver. This works out based on gizzys info. ZH driver doesn't make as much sense based on what he said of auralynx.

Ringo is definetly NOT village (lied about jewel count to get into my pockets). Weither its a good agent play, or a bad thief I am unsure.

Pretty sure we have all the info that is coming out, maybe the Don could reveal what was still in the box (could corroborate Gizzy).

If a game ends in a jewel thief victory- who wins if there is more than one thief with highest diamond count? Ie two people haven’t been found out who have 5 each respectively [/color

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    If a game ends in a jewel thief victory- who wins if there is more than one thief with highest diamond count? Ie two people haven’t been found out who have 5 each respectively [/color

Doesn't matter in this case, since one of us has 6.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    In case of a tie, all tied players share victory.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    I don't see a really good way out of this, unless Phyphor or Gizzy decide to turn in more info.

If Gizzy is telling the truth, ZH or Phyphor could still be a Jewel Thief

If Gizzy is lying, it's more likely Phyphor is an Agent

Oooh, here's something: So with no Jokers left and an Agent in the field down there, Phyphor would have to speak truthfully if the next pick was Gizzy. Because if she's an Agent, Phyphor loses. But if she's anything but a Jewel Thief the game would also end and potentially Phyphor loses.

How 'bout it, Phyphor - what's Gizzy's game here?

Well, I don't want gizzy picked (yet) in any scenario. If someone has 6 diamonds then they have more than I could have. If gizzy is an agent, driver or henchman then the game ends but I lose

Well, throw a dart at the board, someone is bound to win this game

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Yeah, I need to pick between Ringo and Aura still. One's game over, the other's a thief...

All right I've mulled it over in my head.

I'll explain my reasoning after the game (which might be soon).

@Phoenix-D @Auralynx show us your pockets, mate.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    *Cool FBI Badge.jpg*

You're under arrest, Don Fabulous.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Good game, friend.

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Are you going to pull a bluecyan who revealed as driver when accused only to be a henchman?

Are you actually a thief aura?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Are you going to pull a bluecyan who revealed as driver when accused only to be a henchman?

Are you actually a thief aura?

No, I really am an agent, and just won. Bluecyan and Ringo were quite right about it, but really the only thing I could do in the corner I'd painted myself into was violently proclaim that they weren't and try to get Sir Fab down to a guess.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    GGs everyone. I was actually a henchman.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    I had four diamonds

I mean, when the choice is diamonds or be a street urchin, you empty the box.

I genuinely want to know who had the 6!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Had to be Ringo, right?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Im curious if/when the Drivers figured out their win conditions myself.

Thanks for playing all :)

Pretty sure it was Ringo.
    Was hoping the two 50:50s played out in my favour and Gizzy (driver) was chosen next

edited December 2017
    I think I had lost before the Aura/Ringo flip; I'm pretty sure I was pegged as an agent, but that probably meant Phyphor would be chosen as the jewel thief and Gizzy the driver.
    Interested to hear @Sir Fabulous 's thoughts.

discrider on
    It's tough to be a driver who is pretending to be an agent that is pretending to be a jewel thief.

I didn't even give partial truths - 100% lied about all of the contents in the box.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Neat game, though I think it works better as a table top incarnation rather than forum. Too much is controlled by the don to make a fluid game by post. Thanks for running this Phoenix-D.

So what was the reasoning?
    discrider wrote: »

But the street urchin wins if ANY thief wins if I understand it, even if the urchin gets picked. Seems like one of the more likely ways to win. Heck, if gunning for thief I'd take like 2, that way the Don has some evidence to think you're an urchin.

Had to be Ringo, right?

I certainly thought so, but I want to know for sure!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I figured out very quickly that Phyphor was an agent - pretty much when ZH named what he passed on - and would have started making claims a lot earlier but wasn't sure if discrider had taken the diamonds or not.

Bluecyan wrote: »
    Neat game, though I think it works better as a table top incarnation rather than forum. Too much is controlled by the don to make a fluid game by post. Thanks for running this Phoenix-D.

So what was the reasoning?

But the street urchin wins if ANY thief wins if I understand it, even if the urchin gets picked. Seems like one of the more likely ways to win. Heck, if gunning for thief I'd take like 2, that way the Don has some evidence to think you're an urchin.

Without any information, both street urchin and diamond thief could be called out by a henchman/driver right before you.
    Better to empty the box, and give the Don an empty box :P

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    I'll post the full character list later if people don't chime in.

I figured out very quickly that Phyphor was an agent - pretty much when ZH named what he passed on - and would have started making claims a lot earlier but wasn't sure if discrider had taken the diamonds or not.

Hey! I said as much first post!
    I don't know what else you want from me...

Huh, I went back and looked - you sure did!

I took 6 gems, and was gunning for a win the whole time

I messed up by "revealing" too early, but I wanted to be sure Sir Fab would stay away from picking Auralynx

If I had come up with the ZombieHero cannot be an agent info quicker I would've forced that issue and then revealed

Edcrab's Exigency RPG

Huh, I went back and looked - you sure did!

I couldn't say I had four, I wouldn't have known how many someone 'before me' had taken, but I sure knew I was a dodgy guy handing back an empty case.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

My hope was that fab would guess right earlier on and end up with the information blackout of an agent/driver/thief final 3. You said you saw an agent so I just went with it, but otherwise I had no idea how I was going to get picked

Phyphor wrote: »

My hope was that fab would guess right earlier on and end up with the information blackout of an agent/driver/thief final 3. You said you saw an agent so I just went with it, but otherwise I had no idea how I was going to get picked

Lie outrageously?

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    thanks for running phoenix