As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Friday the 13th : The Game] - Jason lives ... you wont. Out now PS4/Steam/Xbone

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Wait, you can't play offline as a Counselor?

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Sure can.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    edited December 2017
    Awesome! Do you still get XP and what not?

Magic Pink on
    Yes indeedy. I gained two levels in about an hour yesterday, and enough CP to unlock more Jason kills.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm going to be away this weekend, but we should get a holiday game going sometime next week. I wanna pick this up during the gale.

Sorry Koopah, I bought it on PS4. Not entirely sure why I didn't buy it on Steam, but I didn't.

Yeah, I have PS4 too. I may buy it again on Steam if the Single Player ends up being as fun as I hope.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I’m on Steam

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    The Easter Egg if you "Complete" the Virtual Cabin
    nnnnnnnnnnnngggggh
    So hyped

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Sure can.

You can? Shit.. I only saw how to play as Jason.. Unless I am missing something everything I saw online was regarding playing as Jason only in offline mode.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    nnnnnnnnnnnngggggh
    So hyped

Yeah, I had it spoiled, but didn't care. That's going to be fuuuun. Also
    Rumor going around about child Jason becoming a character. Don't know how that will work. But Uber will be a beast, and Grendel should be a great map
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Sure can.

You can? Shit.. I only saw how to play as Jason.. Unless I am missing something everything I saw online was regarding playing as Jason only in offline mode.

Apparently I was very wrong.

Oh well, still enjoying killing bots

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    Offline has really helped me sharpen my Jason skills. Plus it's a quicker way to rack up CP and XP.

nnnnnnnnnnnngggggh
    So hyped

Rumor going around about child Jason becoming a character. Don't know how that will work. But Uber will be a beast, and Grendel should be a great map
    Sure can.

Ah. Well, getting uninstalled then. You can't earn badges or get achievements either. That's not what I paid for.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    nnnnnnnnnnnngggggh
    So hyped

Sure can.

Ah. Well, getting uninstalled then. You can't earn badges or get achievements either. That's not what I paid for.

Man, this page was an emotional rollercoaster... So, Offline mode is Jason only and no progression or anything?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Confirmed Jason only, looks like you can not get achievements, but you do get XP.

KoopahTroopah on
    Yeah you can level and unlock Kills and you get notifications when you WOULD have earned a badge but you don't actually get it. That MAY be a bug.

No Counselor play because they said Offline Jason isn't scary enough which is horseshit. I don't care if it's a goofy, stupid AI Jason, I still want the mode. Playing Jason Offline isn't scary at all so who cares?

The badge thing better be a glitch.

The badge thing better be a glitch.

I certainly hope so.

• CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I don't know about badges in offline mode but you can get Steam achievements in offline mode. I got one yesterday Dec. 19th. The "Let's Split Up" Achievement from doing a Jason 7 Dismemberment kill.

Coffey on
    76561197967491341.png
    Looks like achievements are supposed to work Offline as well unless it specifically lists "multiplayer" in the title.
    F13 Game Support
    @F13GameSupport
    Offline activities do count toward achievements!

Don't know what's up with badges tho.

Magic Pink wrote: »
    Looks like achievements are supposed to work Offline as well unless it specifically lists "multiplayer" in the title.
    F13 Game Support
    @F13GameSupport
    Offline activities do count toward achievements!

Don't know what's up with badges tho.

We don't need no stinking badges!

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    Which ones specifically say multiplayer? I can't think of one off the top of my head.

edited December 2017
    Which ones specifically say multiplayer? I can't think of one off the top of my head.

No idea. I just read it on the official forums. I know one that got referenced was "Finish a multiplayer match".

Magic Pink on
    edited December 2017
    Are these badges or trophies?

EDIT - You can definitely earn certain trophies offline. I just got the "Let's Split Up" trophy offline.

Capt Howdy on
    SOME trophies work. Badges don;t work at all except for the ones in the Virtual Cabin

edited December 2017
    Damn server keeps glitching too. My CP isn't carrying over all of a sudden, and the map warp doesn't work. I really like this game, but fuck is it glitchy.

Capt Howdy on
    Man, killing off a bunch of counselors as Jason is super fun. The music and the different kill animations are pretty much movie perfect. It'd be nice to play as a counselor in offline mode though. The couple MP games I managed to play that actually started from a lobby, and weren't lag fests, were scary fun times.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    The double xp was a big help in grinding out some levels in offline play. The bots, for the most part, are super predictable and you can usually do a 7/7 in like 8 mins.

Only downside is when one spawns as Tommy. Lot of times he just wanders off to a random cabin and hangs out. Because his stealth is so high he doesn't ever show on Sense cause he isn't making enough noise.

Did manage to unlock Jason Part 9. So now I just have to play a match online with him to have a completion with each of the original Jasons. Now, onto the grind for Jason Part 4...aka Angry Jason.

Psychotic One on
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    This game is pretty great.

I heard some rough things about the launch and lots of bug videos so I was staying away, but my brother bought it and while I am at my parents for the holidays I’ve been playing it and it is super fun.

Disappointed to see the list so short here for PS4 users. The pubs are really trash on the console, any better on the pc?

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    I think the PC list of users is dwindling, which is keeping me from buying it. A lot of PC users left due to bugs and other issues, lack of promised single player also a thing.

I heard some rough things about the launch and lots of bug videos so I was staying away, but my brother bought it and while I am at my parents for the holidays I’ve been playing it and it is super fun.

Disappointed to see the list so short here for PS4 users. The pubs are really trash on the console, any better on the pc?

If you have Facebook, join the PS4 Friday the 13th group. That's my go to for when I'm looking to setup a solid online match. 9k members who are usually down for some bloodletting and achievement grinding.

The Looking For Group tool on Xbox One gets me lobbies really fast

• CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular

Well, one big advantage to the P.C. version right now is that it doesn't suffer from the host leaving issues that plague the console versions. Which means if the host quits on P.C., the game keeps going. On console, if the host quits, it kills the game for everyone else still playing. Which leads to people quitting from being salty & no one ever being able to finish a game on console without pre-made groups. So solo queue isn't as bad on P.C. because of that.

What P.C. does have is a communication problem. You'll have a lot of non-English speakers playing on the North American servers (even with 250-350 ping) and no one seems to use a microphone. Those that do, more often than not, usually just spam garbage. It's still better if you can play with pre-made groups but at least on P.C. you can finish games without the host killing the game every match.

I never have trouble finding a game on P.C. Usually less than a minute in queue & it throws me into a lobby. Granted you might leave & find a new lobby several times if you're anything like me.

I have a buddy that is obsessed with this game, so I can pretty much duo queue whenever I want. I'm level 96 now, I think, and he's 116. So we've both played quite a bit. Your best bet is to add friends on Steam if you play with them & they're not toxic. Find some people that just want to play without trolling, or hurling racial slurs or whatever else awful people on the internet seem to always want to do.

76561197967491341.png
    The Part 7 kill pack isn't listed under DLC on the PS game store, in case anyone wants it. Just search machete and you'll find it.

edited January 2018
    Coffey wrote: »

Well, one big advantage to the P.C. version right now is that it doesn't suffer from the host leaving issues that plague the console versions. Which means if the host quits on P.C., the game keeps going. On console, if the host quits, it kills the game for everyone else still playing. Which leads to people quitting from being salty & no one ever being able to finish a game on console without pre-made groups. So solo queue isn't as bad on P.C. because of that.

What P.C. does have is a communication problem. You'll have a lot of non-English speakers playing on the North American servers (even with 250-350 ping) and no one seems to use a microphone. Those that do, more often than not, usually just spam garbage. It's still better if you can play with pre-made groups but at least on P.C. you can finish games without the host killing the game every match.

I never have trouble finding a game on P.C. Usually less than a minute in queue & it throws me into a lobby. Granted you might leave & find a new lobby several times if you're anything like me.

I have a buddy that is obsessed with this game, so I can pretty much duo queue whenever I want. I'm level 96 now, I think, and he's 116. So we've both played quite a bit. Your best bet is to add friends on Steam if you play with them & they're not toxic. Find some people that just want to play without trolling, or hurling racial slurs or whatever else awful people on the internet seem to always want to do.

Communication isn’t that different on PSN. Gibberish and little kids.

The host leaving problem is the number one problem with the game right now. Nice to hear that the PC has no such issues.

I don’t have the machine to run it right now so I went PS4.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    The nes Jason music is really good,

https://youtu.be/OxKwn0czZgA

I just wish you heard it when you played as him.

edited January 2018
    i gots the game on ps4 and PC now so i can jump in if we schedule a play night

I just wish you heard it when you played as him.

I wish that skin didn't crash the game on half the maps :cry:

Magic Pink on
    So this game was the third most downloaded game on PS4 for 2017, behind only CoD and Destiny 2. That's kinda neat.

edited January 2018
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    So this game was the third most downloaded game on PS4 for 2017, behind only CoD and Destiny 2. That's kinda neat.

I hope that justifies continued work on the PS4 version. A solution for hosts leaving feels like essential QOL. I’d also love a PS4 Pro patch.

After playing Rocket League and even Dead By Daylight recently it reminded me how much better the interface for getting a match in those games are. There are a lot of choices they are fairly counter intuitive to me.

I am also really bummed to hear they aren’t going to be working on a cousler offline mode. I envisioned them having an actual single player experiance at one point, but now I think I’d be happy with bot modes.

Uselesswarrior on