As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forums hidden?

Hiho,

Returning to these forums for the first time in many years after recently grabbing myself a couple of badges for PAX East, and was hoping to have a peruse of the expo-related forums to see what community-driven stuff I could tap into when I fly across the pond. Said expo-related forums do not appear to exist now? I can see them in Google searches but when I try to follow the link I get warned about a lack of festive cheer and redirected to the Upside Down. I am most confused. I assure you I am really quite festive at this time of year.

Presumably I am being a silly goose and simply haven't had enough tea yet this morning to fathom a workaround? Any pointers?

Fond regards,
Frightfully

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Clearly you have forgotten the true meaning of Christmas.
    During the holidays all the forums are mashed together into the Upside Down for a week or two while we celebrate the holidays, the old layout comes back in the new year.

• Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    Thank you muchly Mr Enc. I had not considered forums shutting down for Xmas was a thing.

Seasons greetings!

• DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    They don't shut down so much as herd everyone into a confined space to make it easier for the mods to moderate us, thus giving them a break for the holidays.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • thegirlinbldg8thegirlinbldg8 satxRegistered User regular
    Ah, I had the same question. I just wanted to stop by to check out stuff for PAX South and then fell down a rabbit hole of confusion. Less confusing hole now.

• Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    So now that we are here in this less confusing hole, do we refuse to get herded into the other confined space and start putting up some decorations and a tree here instead?

• thegirlinbldg8thegirlinbldg8 satxRegistered User regular
    Already putting up lights

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    So now that we are here in this less confusing hole, do we refuse to get herded into the other confined space and start putting up some decorations and a tree here instead?

I wouldn't