As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Exclusive Hacking/Phreaking Graphic Novel

Ed PiskorEd Piskor Registered User new member
edited December 2007 in Artist's Corner
COVER1.jpg

I finally got my shipment of a new comic that I'm distributing pretty much exclusively through my website and at cons. Here's my obligatory blurb about the story:

THIS 116 PAGE GRAPHIC NOVEL TELLS THE TALE OF HACKER AND PHONE PHREAK KEVIN “BOINGTHUMP” PHENICLE, AS HE BEGINS HIS FASCINATING CAREER WITH THE EASIEST ACCESSIBLE COMPUTER OF THE 1970S: THE PHONE SYSTEM. KEVIN’S UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR KNOWLEDGE LEADS HIM DOWN A DARK AND CRIMINAL PATH OF CHEATING, CONNING, AND TRESPASSING IN ORDER TO GAIN DIRECT ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION HE SO OBSESSIVELY DESIRES.

Here are a few random pages but I have more at the site. I don't wanna make this thread a nightmare for people with 56k modems.

pg_029.gif
pg_051.gif
pg_103.gif
pg_104.gif

The book contains a bunch of references and shout-outs to geek culture that I don't think the average person may get, but something tells me that I'm in a hip place right here.

Ed Piskor on

• Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    You're doing something that rhymes with "Height Soaring", can you guess what it is?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Site whoring!
    What do I win?

Mangoes on
  • Options
    archonwarparchonwarp Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    screw you, Mango! I wanted to be the one to say it! D:

archonwarp on
    873342-1.png
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Your cover is boring... maybe if you played more with the type a bit, had more variation instead of the same typeface. Also, a more interesting cover drawing to catch ppls attention. Also, is your panel layout always this predictable?

That's all the critique I have... because this is, after all, a forum for critiquing, not showcasing.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The description under our forum title says "Discuss art and share your work".
    Is it any wonder that most topics by new users are indeed made for one of those two reasons?
    It should really be changed to "post your art to receive critique/help/input/whatever".

Anyway, I dig the inking on those pages, very clean.

Mayday on
This discussion has been closed.