We Did Everyone, We Won the War on Christmas

13»

• QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Fuck me I've only just now noticed my typo.

I'm keeping it.

That....wasn't intentional?

Arch, who's the real fool here? Me for making the typo and not realizing it? Or you for thinking I'm clever enough to do so on purpose?

DisruptedCapitalistjungleroomxPLA
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

I'm keeping it.

Arch, who's the real fool here? Me for making the typo and not realizing it? Or you for thinking I'm clever enough to do so on purpose?

.........damn....it's...me isn't it

descDisruptedCapitalistjungleroomxDuke 2.0CouscousAresProphetKarozLucedesToxwebguy20Commander Zoom
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist koyaanisqatsi Registered User regular
    I didn't even know what you people were talking about until now

Orthanc
  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx Panem, circenses, credulous descent. A Gadarene charge into endarkenment Registered User regular

I'm keeping it.

Rekt.

In your face, bugman.

Make. Time.
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

I'm keeping it.

You.

Jobless Anarchist
  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Upside is, we now know who the next TWO Persona Games protags are.

cB557KarozLucedes

I'm keeping it.

Hey when you moving out here?

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

I'm keeping it.

When UMW calls me back and offers me a job : (

I had my weird ten minute interview with them on the 13th but I've not heard anything back since then so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Upside is, we now know who the next TWO Persona Games protags are.

Haven't played any of those games due to lack of interest but any fool list I am not on is a good thing.

Karoz on
    21stCentury

I'm keeping it.

I had my weird ten minute interview with them on the 13th but I've not heard anything back since then so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, I am definitely not staying here so you might as well stop trying.

Arch
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular

I'm keeping it.

I had a 30 minute on the 14th. Does that improve my odds by 20 and 1?

Arch
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I actually dig the philosophical teachings of Jesus, so I’m happy to celebrate his birthday as a festive outpouring of personal connection and thinking about our fellow man

What we need is big celebration for all of our great humanitarian philosophers, reminding us all of their lessons and beliefs.

I'd be behind a Camus Day, where you espouse on the absurdity of existence while looking cool and having lots of sex.

AtomikaBeNarwhalLucedes
  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    This war was brought to you by the king in the north.

6drl51zw7r71.jpeg

davidsdurionsHakkekageToxQuidMadEddyAresProphetArdolNightDragonchr1sh4ll3ttb3Elvenshaeemp123shoeboxjeddyPLAGnome-Interruptus
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I actually dig the philosophical teachings of Jesus, so I’m happy to celebrate his birthday as a festive outpouring of personal connection and thinking about our fellow man

What we need is big celebration for all of our great humanitarian philosophers, reminding us all of their lessons and beliefs.

I'd be behind a Camus Day, where you espouse on the absurdity of existence while looking cool and having lots of sex.

Arab people might have an issue with that day.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

6drl51zw7r71.jpeg

88zenl65tqfq.png

cB557zepherinCommander ZoomPLAkime
    Brainleech wrote: »

6drl51zw7r71.jpeg

88zenl65tqfq.png

i'm gonna need context here cause that is rad.

zepherin
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I think that's a webcomic? Battle Pug or something.

Never Stop Making Poast

6drl51zw7r71.jpeg

88zenl65tqfq.png

i'm gonna need context here cause that is rad.

Battlepug
    Contains side boob and ass shots as well as the horror of a giant pug

zepherinGvzbgul
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Prohass wrote: »

For instance his saying "nothing that goes into a man by his mouth can harm him, only that which can come out of his mouth can do harm" (sorry for the paraphrasing), is often interperetted as Jesus saying don't say awful things about people, or don't do harm with your words. But lots of interpretations and translations, especially given the context, actually lean pretty heavily towards this being him warning about literal spoken magic curses.

Don't really do religion talk on the internets, but I'm kind of curious about this. As I've never heard of any interpretation/translation suggesting this. I mean, several lines down he says:
    16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

And the context is all clapback because the pharisees were all why ur dudes no wash hands or whatever. Could you provide an example of such an interpretation or translation?

Youre a 100% right I got this confused with something else (which Ill try and find, but I suspect nobody wants this turned into a religious thread)! But also in context its still not much better, he advocates letting children who curse their parents die "the death" or something like that a few lines before this.

And also you should wash your hands before and after eating! Its a good idea!

But yeah youre right, this is fundamentally about actually honoring the genuine traditions of God, not erroneous ones of man. "15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up."

Its still all pretty dubious, saying good thoughts and things can only come from God, and all evil things come from men's hearts.

While some parts of it can be interpreted as "you talk the talk but do you walk the walk?", it can also be argued that this is about honoring Gods commandments (and punishments) and not the ones of men first and foremost. Which, eeeeeeh

I also love that Jesus keeps sassing his disciples all the time "15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?"

Man, you guys still dont get it? Gawsh! Im about ready to ankle this family

Prohass on
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    King James Bible sass is really just top quality. Elijah and the prophets of Baal comes to mind

Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    wwjdwhip.jpg

(honestly, long before I saw that someone had actually turned it into a meme.jpg, I felt that this was the appropriate response to people hawking their cheap WWJD merch outside the modern "temples")

Commander Zoom on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    cB557tynicQuid
    Once when I was a teenager in a shopping center parking lot a woman in a large 70's sedan turned hard literally in front me
    She had a WWJD sticker on the back window. I loudly said he would have the decency to use a turn signal

ChiselphaneCommander ZoomSorceRhesus PositiveGnome-Interruptus
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I reckon the best part of the bible is when God sends some angry bears to kill a bunch of kids for making fun of a bald dude. So insecure!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Once when I was a teenager in a shopping center parking lot a woman in a large 70's sedan turned hard literally in front me
    She had a WWJD sticker on the back window. I loudly said he would have the decency to use a turn signal

And lo, on the seventh day, the LORD did indicate which direction he intendeth to move, and the brethren rejoiced. But in his haste, the LORD lefteth his signal blinking, and the brethren cried out in despair "Why, why hast thou forsaken us, now we do not know if you intendeth to move yet again and are just taking your time about it". And thus the LORD did spake "Getteth off my ass lest ye be smote. Smited. Not smitten, that doesn't seem right."

ProhassPLAJoolanderTynnankimeGnome-Interruptus
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I reckon the best part of the bible is when God sends some angry bears to kill a bunch of kids for making fun of a bald dude. So insecure!

I love how the whole thing reads like the one old bald guy on the council just would not budge unless this story was included. Like the founding of Springfield and Shelby ville "and we should be able to marry our cousins! But they're so attractive!"

Also some of the apologist explanations are great. One explanation is that the youths were threatening thugs, like wild rough gang members, so a bear attack was the only choice. Another is that the bear attack was entirely coincidental and that the bible does not imply in any way that they were divine vengeance bears, just that the bald dude saw this weird thing happen and had to get it down on paper

Also it was like a bear massacre, like they kill forty kids. That's some metal shit

Prohass on
  • chr1sh4ll3ttb3chr1sh4ll3ttb3 A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.

Damn, Jesus! Eating with unwashed hands may not defile the person, but it could very well cause them to defile the hell out of their toilet shortly afterwards...

BrainleechGnome-Interruptus
This discussion has been closed.