Your favourite things of 2017

Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
Hey guys, it's the end of the year, and we've spent a year participating in rampant consumerism and we've all bought, made, or have been given a variety of stuff over the year, so what are your favourite things that you have acquired this year.

Inis

71aJieWuJ-L._SX355_.jpg

This might be my favourite boardgame period. The only criticism on it is that it is only for four people and so I do not get to play it very much as we usually end up with a minimum of 5 people. It is a game where you constantly are coming up with the perfect plan, only to have it ruined by cards that your can't draw or by the actions of everyone else on the board, but that is OK, and I love, that a completely valid tactic is to take no action.

Die

I picked up two sets of semiprecious die, I have an opalite set and a Jasper and they are expensive

Iphone X

Yeah it's expensive, but I don't really care, I had an iPhone 6, about about 9 months ago, it just stopped fucking working and so I used a 5S, so for me it's fast as heck, it's screen goes forever and it's photos look great.

Lego Milenium falcon

Vivienne and I got this as a combined Christmas and anniversary present.

There are seven and a half thousand pieces, the box weighs like 16 kilograms, the instruction book weighs a kilo by itself. I have no idea when will actually finish it. It just goes on forever. It is ridiculous and amazing.

Dog

I got a dog last week, he is excellent and getting pats, sleeping and being an all round doofus. I love him and he has made a great fur baby.

25994691_10109086538031760_1266995282742551218_n.jpg?oh=829d7039368b2a1796d2d9f220cae669&oe=5ABC3A75

cB557McFodderWhippyjungleroomxjgeisRainfallEvigilantDisruptedCapitalistShortyThe Escape GoatgodmodeVeldrinMarty81SolarRaijin Quickfootphysi_marcfightinfilipino

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Circular arguments in the Star Wars thread.

Debates about what is and what is not a sandwich.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Uhhhhhhhh I bought a bunch of makeup and it's been a ton of fun to play with, big fan o' that.

Blake TGoatmonRaijin QuickfootAtomikaNever Stop Making Poast
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I'm thankful that I met again, fell in love with, and married a girl I had a crush on in high school. And she spent Christmas with my family yesterday and everyone finally got to meet her and everyone was able to get along.

I really like my Samsung Note 8. It's the first brand new phone I've ever allowed myself to purchase and it's really cool.

ProhassGoodKingJayIIIAistanGoatmonTheColonelSolarNever Stop Making Poast
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    my family and friends. Honestly not much else.

DisruptedCapitalistTheColonelNever Stop Making Poast
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Your posting @Blake T

Clint Eastwood on
    Blake TWhippyAnzekaygodmodeVeldrinSolar
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I bought a Pixel 2 a couple weeks ago and I love this phone so much. I used to think I didn't care about smartphone cameras but the one on the Pixel 2 is so good it changed my whole perspective.

I got a Switch for my birthday and I use it almost as much as my phone. It's such a nice little piece of hardware and the neon joycons hit me right in the inner child.

Up until this morning I would have included my Ryzen 3 1200 on the list. It's a lot of performance for ~$100 and it's super fun tinkering around with the overclocking settings. But, my PC is acting up and if it ends up being the 1200 I'll be really disappointed.

RedTide
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx Panem, circenses, credulous descent. A Gadarene charge into endarkenment Registered User regular
    The Alabama election.

Make. Time.
    Evigilant
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. i'm the bat guy (bluh)Registered User regular
    the top 5 thread

liEt3nH.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    butts

jungleroomxPinfeldorfNever Stop Making Poast
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Richard Spencer getting punched was a highlight in an incredibly shitty year

it gives me life

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    GoatmonRainfallShortyHerrCronAtomikaNever Stop Making Poast
  • EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    Not so much acquired but what I've let go of: I quit smoking after 17+ years.

No vaping, no patches, no gum: No nicotine. New Years Eve is actually a month without smoking for me.

What a world this is.

Google+ Profile XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
    knitdancB557firewaterwordAthenorjungleroomxMcFodderAistanpookaDisruptedCapitalistGoatmonfurlionTynnanTheColonelgodmodefightinfilipinoKlytus
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    So, there's this really awesome game called Rakuen. If any of you have played To The Moon, it's sort of in that genre of game. It came out this year and I've been hyping it up to everyone I can find! I've also sent out as many copies as I could afford to as many people as possible. It's just got such a great vibe to it. It also has a pretty great soundtrack. And it has, in my opinion, the best mom in video games. Essentially, the crux of the game is you're a sick kid in a hospital and you wander around helping people and engage in some escapism via storytelling to go to a fantasy world. It's pretty great.

Rakuen_Poster_Description.png

Stabbity Style on
    SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
    DisruptedCapitalistTeeMan
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Evigilant wrote: »

No vaping, no patches, no gum: No nicotine. New Years Eve is actually a month without smoking for me.

What a world this is.

Right on! That has got to take some crazy strong willpower. Your future self will thank you dearly.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    EvigilantgodmodeNever Stop Making Poast
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    BlankZoeGoatmongodmodeJoolanderRaijin Quickfoot
  • EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    Evigilant wrote: »

What a world this is.

Right on! That has got to take some crazy strong willpower. Your future self will thank you dearly.

I quit with a friend of mine and without her, I would've broken so many times over.

The first 5 days were the worst and now it's just getting over the habit.

Google+ Profile XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
    firewaterwordNever Stop Making Poast
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Die

I picked up two sets of semiprecious die, I have an opalite set and a Jasper and they are expensive

Die is singular. Dice is plural. you bought sets of dice.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    This (very large) work of art that @ChicoBlue did.
    ee9yuMA.jpg

And my D&D party for being part of a thing I can look forward to each week.

steam_sig.png
    jungleroomxfacetiousMcFodderGoatmonCommander ZoomVeldrinDoodmannfightinfilipino
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    I adopted an extremely fat cat named selena, she's my favorite thing this year

AistantynicjgeisMr FuzzbuttVeldrinJazz
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    Die

Die is singular. Dice is plural. you bought sets of dice.
    THANK GOD THIS WAS CORRECTED.

GoatmontynicPinfeldorfVeldrinClint Eastwood
This discussion has been closed.