As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Secret Santa 2017

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So my niece broke the screen on her tablet and I ordered a replacement for it. So when my sister said I got a package I said "Oh, it's the replacement screen."

"This box is really big for a tiny screen".

:confused:

I get home to find not only the replacement screen for the tablet but also the big mystery box. Looking closer revealed it was from California. I don't know people from Cali so what is this?
    8ffbqgiy2a58.jpg
    7tg6st00f6jp.jpg

Awesome! Don't know who to think but I love it! Anything with Zombies will be a hit with my girlfriend and I like the concept of the other game. Hopefully I will get to play them. My poor Sentinels of the Multiverse is still no played as my friends like Cards Against Humanity more (easy to play drunk) but I might be able to get people on the City of Horror game!

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    So my niece broke the screen on her tablet and I ordered a replacement for it. So when my sister said I got a package I said "Oh, it's the replacement screen."

"This box is really big for a tiny screen".

:confused:

I get home to find not only the replacement screen for the tablet but also the big mystery box. Looking closer revealed it was from California. I don't know people from Cali so what is this?
    8ffbqgiy2a58.jpg
    7tg6st00f6jp.jpg

Awesome! Don't know who to think but I love it! Anything with Zombies will be a hit with my girlfriend and I like the concept of the other game. Hopefully I will get to play them. My poor Sentinels of the Multiverse is still no played as my friends like Cards Against Humanity more (easy to play drunk) but I might be able to get people on the City of Horror game!

You didn't know anyone from Cali, but you do now: it was me, your Santa!

You may have to pull the ol' "Oops, I accidentally forgot to bring CaH/left it at someone else's house, let's play this instead" con.

PS: ONE OF US

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017

My gifts arrived. The box was badly banged up, and the mailman apologized for how it looked. He said they had to put tape around it to keep it together and that stuff may have fallen out.
    pic removed

Hopefully, everything was in there.

dFujPvE.jpg

So, whoever sent this has cool nerd gift wrap! I'm jealous.

Oq5VZ4X.jpg
    pNHBNsw.jpg
    n5ZRbky.jpg

A card!

Pbphbab.jpg
    fu0tQ0l.jpg
    5m0Nd3r.jpg

A card with Santa Marines!!! The best marines!!! I'm not sure who Mamawolf is, but she's now my favorite wolf!

And what a haul! Seriously, this is too much. I really appreciate this.

exHIj3H.jpg

The top box is a space marine command squad. I cut it off in the pic. But this is amazing.

Thanks so much mamawolf.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular

My gifts arrived. The box was badly banged up, and the mailman apologized for how it looked. He said they had to put tape around it to keep it together and that stuff may have fallen out.
    JH17b9v.jpg

Hopefully, everything was in there.

dFujPvE.jpg

So, whoever sent this has cool nerd gift wrap! I'm jealous.

Oq5VZ4X.jpg
    pNHBNsw.jpg
    n5ZRbky.jpg

A card!

Pbphbab.jpg
    fu0tQ0l.jpg
    5m0Nd3r.jpg

A card with Santa Marines!!! The best marines!!! I'm not sure who Mamawolf is, but she's now my favorite wolf!

And what a haul! Seriously, this is too much. I really appreciate this.

exHIj3H.jpg

The top box is a space marine command squad. I cut it off in the pic. But this is amazing.

Thanks so much mamawolf.

Sorry that the box got so messed up, but I assure you that everything did get to you!! I am glad that you like everything, I wasn't sure about things, because I don't know anything about Warhammer, but I am glad that you enjoyed the card. I tried my hardest to give you a Warhammer Christmas!! :D

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    You did great, Mama. I am very pleased.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I received a message from my Santa, @MNC Dover, that said this:
    What your b.net ID? You still play Hearthstone right? I hope so, because you're getting cards!
    Aw, geez. I guess he decided to do one of those puzzle gifts, where I have to solve some tricky riddle to get the prize. I'm so bad at these! I have no idea where to even begin. I wish he weren't so cryptic, and just told me what was up.

Ugh, alright, I guess I'll try to run it through a Vigenère cipher using my mother's maiden name as the keyphrase and then--
    Yhwalzf.png?2

--oh. Oh! I get it now!

I hastily ripped into the packs and am glad to say that I hit the jackpot.

The first legendary I opened was King Togwaggle. This is the perfect anti-Lightwell tech; [Roll Safe meme]can't kill you with a Lightwell if you mill yourself to death setting up Togwaggle[/Roll Safe meme].

You'll be surprised to hear that I then opened two more legendaries. Which ones, you ask? Why, two copies of Corridor Creeper, a legendary so nice they let you take it twice!

Thank you so much, MNC Dover! These were awesome gifts, and - oh happy days! - I'm now buried under both physical and digital cards.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Oh shit something showed up.....

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Thank you Mystery Santa! Only read a couple pages so far but this seems awesome. The note that came with it said there would be more...I'm intrigued!

My cat also thanks you for the box. It has been very popular.

3lqiiafkjg1v.jpg

• Options
    I sent out the package for my Santee today. Unfortunately, it looks like it won't arrive before Christmas. My apologies for dilly-dallying. Hopefully, receiving a gift after you thought the gifting was all done will be a bonus!

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Final gift received!
    3v4p7xm6lcl9.jpg
    A big ol' bag of taffy! I've never had Shriver's before, I'm excited!

@ArcSyn You were a fantastic Santa, seriously! Aaaand in related news, my gifts are finally bought and are going to be mailed out this week!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Awesome!
    It was fun figuring out what to get you, and I've been holding onto that taffy since July when I was in Ocean City so I could send some for secret Santa! It's, in my opinion, the best taffy anywhere.
    Shrivers has been around since 1898 and makes their taffy in the store on the board walk. The kids enjoy watching it when we are there on vacation.

I do suggest either tossing it in the freezer just before unwrapping them, or just storing them in the fridge so it doesn't get stuck to the wrapper. Even with wax paper (or similar) inside the wrapper, it's sticky stuff.

If you want help figuring out flavors, I can send some pics to help decipher.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Oooh, yes please on the flavor pics. There are a lot of mysterious colors here.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Some of these aren't in the bag, and there may be some in there I didn't manage to snap a picture of.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/lhzHmpTudRUOmHIm1

Easy ones:
    Chocolate brown
    Lemon yellow
    Orange orange

Edit: I believe I'm missing
    Grape purple
    Caramel light brown
    And I think the pink with red stripe is strawberry?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    GiftGet4b_zpsb34314b9.gif

The wolves have let me know that an interesting box arrived at my house today!!
    jds4hjqzl9qg.jpg

I came home from a very long day at work and got this wounderful bounty!!
    gy0a7x3xurfg.jpg
    qw1vftnexp3s.jpg
    wiw8o3poni5v.jpg
    0i2k3zrvwb52.jpg
    9b3yjo1am4ek.jpg
    rif4ry1bcvz1.jpg
    vbf3yb55a3j5.jpg

I opened the first two packages and my heart soared with glee!!
    7czl5s13zswf.jpg
    I have wanted Pooky for so long!! I am so happy right now.
    fira5d0bcuwx.jpg
    Wrench is so adorable!! I can now play as an adorable kobold!!

The next two I didn't evn know existed!!
    ckfq58hw8rsu.jpg
    wx5hydqyflwm.jpg
    This is AMAZING!! I've been trying to find a new comic to read!! This is AWESOME!!

And finally the last gift!!
    hg6qupi7avbm.jpg
    I am SO happy I got this!! My players may not like the new things that are in store for them, but I am sure that they will enjoy all the new spells and racial traits/class archetypes!!

And I even got a note:
    nxs73begjj24.jpg

THE OVERALL LOAD:
    zd9wybwsujpd.jpg

This is such a thoughtful and wonderful bunch of gifts!! Thank you @Delduwath !! This made my day better and was truly generous of you!! I cannot thank you enough!! Happy Holidays to you too!!

MamaWolf on
    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Good gifts for a good Secret Santa.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    MamaWolf wrote: »

The wolves have let me know that an interesting box arrived at my house today!!
    [snipped image]

I came home from a very long day at work and got this wounderful bounty!!
    gy0a7x3xurfg.jpg
    qw1vftnexp3s.jpg
    wiw8o3poni5v.jpg
    0i2k3zrvwb52.jpg
    9b3yjo1am4ek.jpg
    rif4ry1bcvz1.jpg
    vbf3yb55a3j5.jpg

I opened the first two packages and my heart soared with glee!!
    7czl5s13zswf.jpg
    I have wanted Pooky for so long!! I am so happy right now.
    fira5d0bcuwx.jpg
    Wrench is so adorable!! I can now play as an adorable kobold!!

The next two I didn't evn know existed!!
    ckfq58hw8rsu.jpg
    wx5hydqyflwm.jpg
    This is AMAZING!! I've been trying to find a new comic to read!! This is AWESOME!!

And finally the last gift!!
    hg6qupi7avbm.jpg
    I am SO happy I got this!! My players may not like the new things that are in store for them, but I am sure that they will enjoy all the new spells and racial traits/class archetypes!!

And I even got a note:
    nxs73begjj24.jpg

THE OVERALL LOAD:
    zd9wybwsujpd.jpg

This is such a thoughtful and wonderful bunch of gifts!! Thank you @Delduwath !! This made my day better and was truly generous of you!! I cannot thank you enough!! Happy Holidays to you too!!
    Hooray! I'm glad it got there so quickly. I'm also very glad that you liked all that stuff, @MamaWolf! You were very thorough in the description of the things that you're into, which made narrowing down which gifts to get very easy. There are some more collected volumes of Steven Universe comics out there, so there's room to expand your new collection.

Also, witness both my comical inability to gauge volumes (the box I bought was like three times bigger than it needed to be) and comical paranoia that lets me compensate for that (I bought a lot of bubble wrap in case I comically over-estimated volumes).

Happy holidays!

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    So I actually had a package show up... almost two weeks ago, but I've been globe trotting with year end work and didn't actually get to around to opening it until now, to find a beautifully wrapped package from the Miniature Market and inside, a Pan-Oceania Squalos for Infinity - my very first TAG!

I think my cats ate the gift receipt because I can't find them anymore, so thank you mysterious provider of heavy reinforcements!

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    So I actually had a package show up... almost two weeks ago, but I've been globe trotting with year end work and didn't actually get to around to opening it until now, to find a beautifully wrapped package from the Miniature Market and inside, a Pan-Oceania Squalos for Infinity - my very first TAG!

I think my cats ate the gift receipt because I can't find them anymore, so thank you mysterious provider of heavy reinforcements!
    Oh, thank God. I've been worried that something had happened to it.

So yeah - I don't know anything at all about Infinity, so I just browsed the Pan-O catalogue until I found the biggest, most intimidating, most kill-y thing available and got you that. May it bring glory to Pan-Oceania and death to your enemies.

Merry Christmas!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Dear Santee,

Christmas is going to be late. But it will come.

Sorry,
    Grunt's Ghosts

PS. Put the milk and cookies up so they don't spoil.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Package went out today! Doubt it will get there by Christmas though, but it's coming!

Green on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    My gift came in yesterday,just in time for Christmas. My kids helped me open up a copy of King of New York !

This is a big win, since the copy I borrowed months ago went over very well with my friends, one of whom had already asked me to bring it to their New Year's day celebration.

As fate would have it, my kind Santa was also my dear Santee - so many thanks and happy holidays to @Gabriel_Pitt !

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
    Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate!

Keep the gifting coming!

santasig.jpg
  • Options
    Yea I'm working on my CF santas gift. I had about $1200 of surprise car bills, but everything is good now!

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    My gift came in yesterday,just in time for Christmas. My kids helped me open up a copy of King of New York !

This is a big win, since the copy I borrowed months ago went over very well with my friends, one of whom had already asked me to bring it to their New Year's day celebration.

As fate would have it, my kind Santa was also my dear Santee - so many thanks and happy holidays to @Gabriel_Pitt !

Yeah, I had some moments of panic when I found out you were my Santa, and I had just sent out your gift and started wondering, 'Did I somehow get this all wrong?'

No, of course I didn't. Wise bunnies never falter.

I'm glad I picked the right game! I'd heard good things about King of New York so I thought that would be a sure winner!

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Starting the gift chain because I'm just not ready to be back at work, but there's almost nobody else around to complain about it. :P

??? (sent, but not received) < Green < Arcsyn < see317 < Halos Nach Tariff < ElderCat < ??? (gifts received, but no credit claimed?)
    ??? (sent, but not received) < Grunt's Ghosts < Bursar < Auralynx < valhalla130 < MamaWolf < Delduwath < MNC Dover < MagicPrim < TimFiji < ???
    ??? (cars suuuuck) < webguy20 < ArcticLancer (spoilerz, but tracking says you've had it since the 23rd) < ???
    Gabriel_Pitt <> Iron Weasel (Interesting! I like picturing two people trying to follow each other around a very small block. Who is tailing whom!?)
    < Maguana < (I'm unsure if Maguana was involved in the event because they've only posted once and there was no real followup)

Unfortunately we don't have a participant list, so I can't really nail anything to the wall as far as who's outstanding or unaccounted for. Anyone see anything I've missed?

• Options
    I have Auralynx a gift and MamaWolf gave me one. Or are you going backwards?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I have Auralynx a gift and MamaWolf gave me one. Or are you going backwards?

Pretty sure in the chain "<" means "Was gifted by". I gifted Arcsyn, and was gifted by Halos Nach Tariff.

• Options
    Arrows point from Santa to Santee. It should be correct by what you said.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Ah, I'm glad that showed up, I was getting slightly worried it had gotten lost, glad you like it!

I did not get time to scan it cos I ended up having to rush to get it in the post I'm afraid, but that does mean it is a one-of-a-kind piece I guess! I had wanted to get it framed for you before sending, but I did not want to get banned from Secret Santas for mailing you what would undoubtedly have ended up as a parcel full of broken glass by the time it had crossed the Atlantic, hopefully it flattens out well enough, the paper stock might be a tad too thick to travel well in a poster tube like that...

Got a parcel in the mail this morning, my long (couple of days) awaited mat, because the picture was just a bit too big to fit in the 8 1/2 x 11 frame I picked up, but too small to center in the 11 x 14 that I ordered later.
    I must say, it looks pretty sharp all matted up, and I need to share this.
    63xe8dqwdh0m.jpg

And my pet micro-kaiju came out to play.
    Attack!
    2ijuvf13itb1.jpg

...Or, maybe not.
    2kwy3k9yflzn.jpg
    edit: Weird, I had rotated those to be right side up on my computer.

edit 2: Apologies for the fuzziness of the pictures. I'm not a photographer.
    I can't even blame it on the phone anymore.

see317 on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    7mxa8zzn5z5e.jpg

There ya' go.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    Santa, fear not, the following has arrived!
    however, there was no card attached, so Santa's true identity will remain a secret for now.
    rQKXaaHm.jpg?1

thanks! I can't wait to jump in. My son has been asking to play D&D, so perhaps this will allow me to not have to be DM!

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    @Maguano 'Twas I that sent the Dragonfire! I haven't had any experience playing it myself, but it looks similar to the Pathfinder card game which I enjoy. I hope you and yours like it!

• Options
    Heh, well that answered that query of mine.
    @Maguano I assume your earlier post on page 2 meant you'd sent something and had it on good authority it had arrived? If true, did your Santee ever post?

Outstanding chains:
    ??? (sent, but not received) < Green < Arcsyn < see317 < Halos Nach Tariff < ElderCat < ??? (gifts received, but no credit claimed?)
    ??? (sent, but not received) < Grunt's Ghosts < Bursar < Auralynx < valhalla130 < MamaWolf < Delduwath < MNC Dover < MagicPrim < TimFiji < ???
    ??? (cars suuuuck) < webguy20 < ArcticLancer (spoilerz, but tracking says you've had it since the 23rd) < ???
    ??? < Maguana < ???

Completed chains:
    Gabriel_Pitt <> Iron Weasel

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    @ArcticLancer, yep, the second gift did indeed arrive, and was posted. Thanks!!

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    Green wrote: »
    @Maguano 'Twas I that sent the Dragonfire! I haven't had any experience playing it myself, but it looks similar to the Pathfinder card game which I enjoy. I hope you and yours like it!

It's got some similarities but was built on the Shadowrun Crossfire game with improvements and theme changes. I played a demo and the first scenario at pax and it was fun.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

Outstanding chains:

Completed chains:
    Gabriel_Pitt <> Iron Weasel
    Maguana < Green < Arcsyn < see317 < Halos Nach Tariff < ElderCat < Maguana (I'm pretty sure? Correct me if I'm wrong)

• Options
    So me and IW are the ouroboros of the Santa chain? :lol:

• Options
    So I received a second package right around Christmas, containing Xanathar's Guide to Everything and also included are a couple of Character sheets that I assume are of my Secret Santa and their Partner(?) for the End of the World RPG that I received previously. For those that don't know you play as yourselves in that game, so this is pretty cool!

Sadly the package was opened by another family member so if there was a note or anything else I never saw it, as the packaging had been tossed with a bunch of other Christmas leftovers. :(

If you could let me know who you are that would be awesome, and Thank you very much! These were awesome gifts!

• Options
    Damn, that's disappointing. I did indeed have a card attached with your handle on it taped under the ribbon, so someone dropped the ball losing that I guess. :(

The important bits I remember of the letter were that I thought you had quite a bit of fantasy under your belt and figured getting you something different could be appreciated. Since you were interested in starting DMing, the End of the World books were a great candidate because I think they're much easier to put together since they work around reality - your actual friends and your actual surroundings. To those ends, the better half and I made character sheets of ourselves so you could have some based-in-reality NPCs to add to your adventure(s) if you wanted. Since the general idea is that the DM kills themself off, I thought it could be a fun personal touch that also gave you some agency in interacting with your players in a more fleshed out way~ Also, yes, our shit is silly. To everyone that isn't webguy, I'm armed wtih 100 very small neodymium magnets in this coming robot apocalypse. :P

I hope you get use out of it all, and apologize for the late delivery, but I'm very glad it arrived safely.

• Options
    Damn, that's disappointing. I did indeed have a card attached with your handle on it taped under the ribbon, so someone dropped the ball losing that I guess. :(

The important bits I remember of the letter were that I thought you had quite a bit of fantasy under your belt and figured getting you something different could be appreciated. Since you were interested in starting DMing, the End of the World books were a great candidate because I think they're much easier to put together since they work around reality - your actual friends and your actual surroundings. To those ends, the better half and I made character sheets of ourselves so you could have some based-in-reality NPCs to add to your adventure(s) if you wanted. Since the general idea is that the DM kills themself off, I thought it could be a fun personal touch that also gave you some agency in interacting with your players in a more fleshed out way~ Also, yes, our shit is silly. To everyone that isn't webguy, I'm armed wtih 100 very small neodymium magnets in this coming robot apocalypse. :P

I hope you get use out of it all, and apologize for the late delivery, but I'm very glad it arrived safely.

Its totally awesome. Right after reading it I immediately had to loan it out to by DM buddy because he thought the concept was awesome. When we have another D&D downtime we'll probably run end of the world, and use you guys!