As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Granblue Fantasy] free cats for everyone!!

The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly!Registered User regular
edited January 2019 in Social Entropy++
gy807x93qdnc.jpg

Welcome aboard your own airship, the Grandcypher, as you, your pet lizard/dragon Vyrn, a mysterious blue-haired girl named Lyria, and her defecting knight-protector Katalina explore the skydoms and attempt to find Estalucia, the Island of the Astrals in search of your long lost father. Along the way you'll battle various Primal Beasts, created by the astrals themselves! Recruit all kinds of powerful allies onto your crew! Compete against other crews in semi-monthly competitive events!

Granblue Fantasy is a Japanese Mobile Gacha game that has an official English patch and is playable on Chrome, Android, and iOS! Guides to help you get it on your phone are all around (and I'll try to find one to add here later once I'm in a place where I can dig one up, unless someone has one they want to post). The basic gameplay is turn based: You punch the monsters, they punch you back, you throw your buffs out and punch 'em again, etc. Summon big monsters and make them hit things for you! All that classic JRPG nonsense. It looks like this:

7t6xxp9flruf.jpg

ANYWAY It's a great time to start playing! The current end of the year event means they're giving away up to 100 draws a day every day for the next week, and all kinds of various quests cost less stamina to start. The New Years Event also starts tonight! Let's talk about how bad our pulls are and how annoying it is to farm up all of those various grids!

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
The Betgirl on

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I know exactly one thing about discussing GranBlue and the thread title covers it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    my whale account is currently trapped on my old phone

my f2p account is baby but it's fire so all the characters are cute, except for gorgonzola

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I got very lucky and got 2 katanas to drop during Xeno Diablo so my dark team is set as hell for the time being

I'm going to do my best to try and farm up something resembling a decent fire grid so that I can have a bunch of fun with Magisa against the wind bosses coming up in January's Unite N Fite

• Options
    I got very lucky- the Molly story

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I log in during events for free rolls and make people salty when I pull the good stuff without ever intending to use it.

That is the entirety of my Granblue experience. Also if you want a 3* MLB Shiva summon then friend me. I forget if I need to give a number or not.

• Options
    Yeah you'll need your ID on the profile page

• Options
    Yeah you'll need your ID on the profile page

I'll grab that when I get home then.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    one thing has always confused me about this

is it based on an existing property, or is it its own thing?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    one thing has always confused me about this

is it based on an existing property, or is it its own thing?

yes

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I get the impression it's heavily final fantasy-inspired but still it's own thing, but it has a lot of cross-promotions with other things

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    it loosely uses some characters from Rage of Bahamut, a game by the same company, but is primarily its own thing

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I get the impression it's heavily final fantasy-inspired but still it's own thing, but it has a lot of cross-promotions with other things

Some of which are pretty cool and some of which are Attack on Titan

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    it loosely uses some characters from Rage of Bahamut, a game by the same company, but is primarily its own thing

and also shadowverse

some of uematsu's best work is in this game

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    The company always mashes all of its existing properties into any new ones, but it's as much its own thing as any Cygames-thing is.
    Also some of the people involved have done Final Fantasy-related work in the past, and oops, what red mage? I don't know what you're talking about.

I was expecting worse writing, but someone apparently tried instead of not trying. It's a neat adventure. I like Not Team Rocket.

People say that Granblue's grind is nuts, but it sure fucking feels more like I'm getting something than Terra Battle.

• Options
    Okay Granblue ID is 10407960

I don't actually play the game but if you want a 140% Fire Damage Shiva then toss me a friend request.

• Options
    I'm beating up so many slimes to pay my uncap-bills. I don't even have any plain damage beyond Brionac, but literally any damage-summon seems good enough for Hard. Weak ones just hit faster, which makes them actually mathematically better than strong ones.

I want a zodiac. Don't have any, yet.

• Options
    granblue's definitely got a huge grind, but it's very back-loaded

i've played casually for like, a year, and only really just hit it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Yo, never played this but I've been meaning to for awhile. Random question: When does Legfest start and will Anila be available during it?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    PLA wrote: »
    The company always mashes all of its existing properties into any new ones, but it's as much its own thing as any Cygames-thing is.
    Also some of the people involved have done Final Fantasy-related work in the past, and oops, what red mage? I don't know what you're talking about.

I was expecting worse writing, but someone apparently tried instead of not trying. It's a neat adventure. I like Not Team Rocket.

People say that Granblue's grind is nuts, but it sure fucking feels more like I'm getting something than Terra Battle.

man, terra battle, what a damn disappointment.
    kill all mobile games imo.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Yo, never played this but I've been meaning to for awhile. Random question: When does Legfest start and will Anila be available during it?

legfest should be friday i thiiiiiiink? and I think Anila is in it??? I can't say yet

• Options
    edited December 2017
    jz6u6g5phm601.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUpEhKYCwcg

Fun fact, Grimnir is one of Odin's alibis. Literally "Disguised".

PLA on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Maaaaan

Doggo is Water after all, I got my hopes up after they never specifically mentioned her element during her announcement

Not 100% sure I want to spark for her now

Anyway I predict tomorrow will be Grandfest until new year, and then they'll switch over to legfest with the new Zodiac

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    But a big dog fights with her, Maddoc.

For any new players, I recommend holding on to a couple of Peridot Carbuncles without spending them to uncap eachother. They can be uncapped with Moonlight Stones instead, and having more than one can be useful in a fight, if you're using a wind-team or fighting a wind-enemy.

PLA on
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    She actually seems really good, pending numbers on her dog fighting with her and her chain buff

But even "just" attacking twice per turn does some pretty interesting things, like her being Silva's new best friend

Vajra, for reference
    m84a7vjqgm601.jpg

Early word is that 30% charge use on Garjana might be a mistranslation since the Japanese version says 40%? We'll see, wouldn't be the first time.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    My SSR draw rate is so bad in Granblue

I’ve gotten 140 free draws from the roulette so far, and only 1 was an SSR

Granted, that SSR was Dark Jeanne, but still

Also this means my two best teams are Dark and Light, so my grid grind is hell

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    If they start a grandfest tonight idk if I'll be able to help myself trying to pull a Vira or a Lucio with the stuff I have.... Ugggh

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Stilts wrote: »
    My SSR draw rate is so bad in Granblue

I’ve gotten 140 free draws from the roulette so far, and only 1 was an SSR

Granted, that SSR was Dark Jeanne, but still

Also this means my two best teams are Dark and Light, so my grid grind is hell

Free draws are cursed, I never get anything from them

Also remember to save your free draws today for banner reset at like 4am EAST or something?

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Wait wait wait Granblue ALSO has a Dark Jeanne?

Just like FGO!

Too many Jeannus

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait Granblue ALSO has a Dark Jeanne?

Just like FGO!

Too many Jeannus

Anime fuckin loves Joan of Arc

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I'm really mad they didn't name her Jeanne Dark

• Options
    That people love Jeanne d'Arc is kind of her thing.

• Options
    I'm not sure what's granblue Dark Jeanne is like but she can't be better than FGO's Jeanne Alter

When she meets her original good self she's so disgusted that she looks like she's going to puke, it's great

• Options
    Jeanne get tortured by a spirit or something and then wants to kill the main character I think? But it's chill she'll still fight alongside you

• Options
    I've gotten two SSRs in this event, so far. I would consider more than four to be lucky.

• Options
    Also I think saving today's free pulls for just before tomorrow's reset is the smartest thing to do since it might turn into a fest before then!

• Options
    I've rolled 20 on the roulette twice, otherwise 10. Gotten three SSR's though, including Dark Jeanne and The Maids, but one was a Moon.

Also Jeanne Alter is definitely a great a unit I'm saving quartz for when she arrives in several months maybe.

• Options
    This is coming.

D9IlSZz.png

• Options
    Seems like Earth Vaseraga might be a new gacha SSR, along with the new Erune lady from the event (also Earth)

• Options
    I just saw that new Wind Odin summon.

Guess Wind wasn't busted enough.

• Options
    Wind has actually been in a mediocre spot for awhile, but a 120% summon will put them way back up in the running

It helps that the summon effect is fantastic

This discussion has been closed.