As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Windows help for a new PC [solved]

NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
edited December 2017 in Help / Advice Forum
So I was able to get a new PC. I logged in for the first time with my main email account, but for some godforsaken reason it shows MY SON'S name as the primary account holder. I don't know WTF happened. I know his grandpa got him a laptop recently so he has to have a Windows ID to use the Windows program on it, and I think they used my main email account. I've been without a personal PC for almost the entire year now and I can't remember my original Windows ID creds nor is windows cooperating on resetting my password. Am I just fucked into having my 10yo son have his name as the account admin, or is there something I can do about this?

I'm not saying we are going to have an autocratic dystopia, but things keep happening that look like they come from an autocratic dystopia.
Nobeard on

• BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    It sounds a lot like your MS account has gotten changed so that it now has your son's name instead of yours. What ever the reason I should think that using your son's account on your PC you should be able to create a second admin-account, so that you can have a admin account with your credentials (noted that as a general safety rule it is best not to use admin accounts for day-to-day use).

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    yeah, you should be able to either update your sons account to be yours and create him a new one, or create yourself a new one and add it to the computer under the USER Account settings.

• NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    My M account was under an old email for some reason. I added myself, deleted him, and am now the sole admin on my PC. Problem solved!

I'm not saying we are going to have an autocratic dystopia, but things keep happening that look like they come from an autocratic dystopia.
This discussion has been closed.