As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

1313233343537»

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Contact! Cheers Detox, I remain online for others.

Edit: You're a dude in a blue bobble hat who keeps going on about the castle he's building in Rochester. You gave me boxing gloves!

Further edit: Now off the air.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • DetoxDetox Registered User new member
    edited November 2006
    Huzzah! What a truly satisfying sound effect that was! I'll also be online for any others.

Detox on
    MKDS Code: 506.865.603.906
    ACWW Code: 2148-0946-1421 (Brian in Sturynia)
  • VGZedVGZed Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Funky, You seem to be either wearing a red cloak or a red Nun's habit... You gave me massive wind resistance as far as I can tell. I hope that lasts!

Awesome. You gave me boxing glves

VGZed on
    edited November 2006
    Will be checking the thread regularly tonight for contacters.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • ethicalseanethicalsean Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Will be checking the thread regularly tonight for contacters.

I'll be on all day... just finishing some backlogged work

ethicalsean on
  • cursor101cursor101 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm going to be on and checking this thread reguarly for folks wanting to make contact.

cursor101 on
    MK:DS 451051-559978
    Guy1: There's nothing bitchin about the games soundtrack. It's practically all elevator music.

Guy2: That's just hilariously stupid. I can't imagine playing a fighting game with "Girl from Ipanema" playing in the background.
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm going to be getting in on this shortly. However, question:

Anyone know a guide that lists all the parts for the stone whatchamacallit in the Aegis pyramid? I'm missing a head and a foot, and I've been up and down the thing a few times by now.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • cursor101cursor101 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    tuxkamen wrote:
    I'm going to be getting in on this shortly. However, question:

Anyone know a guide that lists all the parts for the stone whatchamacallit in the Aegis pyramid? I'm missing a head and a foot, and I've been up and down the thing a few times by now.

I think I'm missing a foot too.

cursor101 on
    MK:DS 451051-559978
    Guy1: There's nothing bitchin about the games soundtrack. It's practically all elevator music.

Guy2: That's just hilariously stupid. I can't imagine playing a fighting game with "Girl from Ipanema" playing in the background.
  • lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ok, how do I actually get the girls to come aboard the ship? Do I just keep giving them gifts until they suggest it, or is there something I should do?

lodger on
  • superchewiesuperchewie Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Hey duders, finally started this game after sitting on it for a month.

Added myself to group 6 for any other contacters out there. Code is 5240 - 7099 - 3290.

superchewie on
    edited November 2006
    lodger wrote:
    Ok, how do I actually get the girls to come aboard the ship? Do I just keep giving them gifts until they suggest it, or is there something I should do?

You need to have:

(a)Made them love you enough (keep giving gifts and talking to them until no more hearts appear).

(b)Given them at least one of each of the thing they collect.

(c)Have at least 30 in the stat they desire (Courage for Caldoxia girl, Fame for bikini girl on Chef Beach, knowledge for Ft. Eagle girl) or in the case of the girl who collects computer games, have minus 50 karma.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Head881Head881 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Can anyone suggest where I might find the Stone Foot (L) on Aegis Island?

Head881 on
    Mario Kart DS: 043009.434796
    Metroid Prime Hunters: 0644.9208.5628
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    FUCK THE KING.

FUCK HIM HARD.

Son of a bitch locked all of the other sidequests on Ft. Eagle - that's the conclusion I have to come at, because there FAQ info on Contact is woefully sketchy.

There's no way in hell I'm going to grind to level 71 to catch him. Even with the Famous Rod, my level 2 bar never fills all the way. I've had it fail within one pixel almost ten times, and the first was twenty levels ago.

Rust on
  • InitialDKInitialDK Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh damnit, I never finished this game. Got to Akihahabara-wanna-be island and then I got distracted by Phoenix Wright 2 and then the Wii.

Although I'm not even sure if I like it. At the point I'm at I'm kind of over the gameplay and I could probably just look up the story :(

I'm sorry Mochi, I still love you though!

InitialDK on
    "I'd happily trade your life for knowledge of my powers."
    -Louis C.K.
  • mrcheesypantsmrcheesypants Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I just bought this game yesterday and just got passed ft. Eagle. I love the game references the prof makes:

[spoiler:e75264d380] Hit it's weakpoints for massive damage & I wish I had a base like this to belong to us [/spoiler:e75264d380]

edit: oh yeah the game play is awesome too.

mrcheesypants on
    Diamond Code: 2706 8089 2710
    Oh god. When I was younger, me and my friends wanted to burn the Harry Potter books.

Then I moved to Georgia.
  • KarilmatKarilmat Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Just finished the game last night. I dug it overall. Although the ending:

[realspoiler:36e4ae866a]I thought the prof turning on you after the last fight was a bit out of nowhere (other than a bit of a hint from that note you find in the last dungeon). Were there other clues that I missed or something?[/realspoiler:36e4ae866a]

Haven't had a chance to do much post-game yet. Group 6, I'll be on Wifi tonight after 10pm central US time (I think I have it working now).

Fun, light little game. Not the RPG of the generation or anything, but it was neat.

Karilmat on
  • KarilmatKarilmat Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Woohoo, two posts in a row!

I'll be hosting group 6 connections for the next hour, if anyone is on and wants to make contact.

EDIT: Hmm, I'm not sure I understand how adding a friend works. I have added the Group 6 folks to my friend list. I am able to connect to the DS network when I run a test. However, when I select "Invite a Friend", it just tries to establish the DS network connection without end. Just to verify, will the "Invite Friend" wifi connection basically continue to try to connect until someone who I want to add tries to accept the invite? If so, I have yet to have a chance to verify anyone from Group 6 onto my friends list, so I'm trying to invite everyone on there, and will continue to do so for the next 45 minutes or so, if anyone is on and still wants an invite.

Karilmat on
  • The_DcipleThe_Dciple Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I purchased this game last week and I kinda regret it. Personally the combat system is just really boring, you just walk up to an enemy, initiate combat and use skills once and a while. I see little point in running around as the second you run and come back you automatically get hit. So far I've made it to Aegis and I have yet to see any real evidence of a story worth working towards. The contrast between the Professor's ship and Terry's world really isn't as cool as I thought it would be, essentially it's just one different looking room on the top screen and the rest of the game on the bottom.

Maybe it's just not for me but this game feels like a soul-less Earthbound with it's jokes feeling really forced.

Plus I still don't understand why I should bother playing with Mochi, the one time I use him and he inflicts one damage.

The_Dciple on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Keep playing with him, both while you nap and using him on-screen. He's currently hitting for 100+ damage to everything on-screen.

Synthetic Orange on
  • The_DcipleThe_Dciple Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Keep playing with him, both while you nap and using him on-screen. He's currently hitting for 100+ damage to everything on-screen.

Honestly, I probably won't be playing this game again. Nothing has yet grabbed me to make it worth playing.

The_Dciple on
  • TrichomeTrichome Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    What's the right way to pet Mochi?

I can only get him to roll around sometimes by moving the stylus back and forth like im coloring his stomach in... then all the happy faces pop up.

Trichome on
  • wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Trichome wrote:
    What's the right way to pet Mochi?

I can only get him to roll around sometimes by moving the stylus back and forth like im coloring his stomach in... then all the happy faces pop up.

Move the stylus across him very slowly, then he rolls over, and then you tap or pet him like crazy.

This game was really fun for the first week or so, but now the new game shine has gone. I guess this is what I get for buying a game based on the cover? :lol:
    I really wanted to like this game a lot more. I can definitely see how many people enjoy this, I just don't have much patience with any RPGs that have a boring combat system. Dark Cloud 2 and Shadow Hearts: Covenant are good examples of an interesting combat theme for me, and I can't even get around to finishing those!
    I am also very sad I can't go back and look at the cool suit artwork after the first time :(

Edit: I feel bad for the negative vibe, sorry guys! to make up for it I'll give Contact another try :D

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • TrichomeTrichome Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Thanks It Works!

Huge Happy Face bubble above his head.

Trichome on
  • inthegrayinthegray Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    my trick for getting mochi to let me rub his stomach is to first do circular (clockwise) motions with the stylus on him to get him to lay on his back, then rub back/forth with the stylus.

inthegray on
  • sQuizirrelsQuizirrel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sorry to drag this up but I finally got my hands on a USB WiFi dongle and I'm interested to check this out. I added myself to group 3 in the Wiki, anyone there still playing Contact?

sQuizirrel on
    The fundamental idea is a man who runs, and whom nothing stops.
  • mrcheesypantsmrcheesypants Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Karilmat wrote:

[realspoiler:2751eff995]I thought the prof turning on you after the last fight was a bit out of nowhere (other than a bit of a hint from that note you find in the last dungeon). Were there other clues that I missed or something?[/realspoiler:2751eff995]

Haven't had a chance to do much post-game yet. Group 6, I'll be on Wifi tonight after 10pm central US time (I think I have it working now).

Fun, light little game. Not the RPG of the generation or anything, but it was neat.

I just beat the game. Did you watch after you get the blue screen with fin?

I thought the ending was kinda touching.

mrcheesypants on
    Diamond Code: 2706 8089 2710
    Oh god. When I was younger, me and my friends wanted to burn the Harry Potter books.

Then I moved to Georgia.
  • ThatOneYoYoGuyThatOneYoYoGuy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Karilmat wrote:

[realspoiler:b2f76cafd0]I thought the prof turning on you after the last fight was a bit out of nowhere (other than a bit of a hint from that note you find in the last dungeon). Were there other clues that I missed or something?[/realspoiler:b2f76cafd0]

[spoiler:b2f76cafd0] Heh, when I read that message, I felt intense guilt from all the times I let Terry die on the field, and making the Doctor patch him up again. I realized that the Professor treated Terry better than I did. :P [/spoiler:b2f76cafd0]

ThatOneYoYoGuy on
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Karilmat wrote:

[realspoiler:4eab89d2d2]I thought the prof turning on you after the last fight was a bit out of nowhere (other than a bit of a hint from that note you find in the last dungeon). Were there other clues that I missed or something?[/realspoiler:4eab89d2d2]

[spoiler:4eab89d2d2] Heh, when I read that message, I felt intense guilt from all the times I let Terry die on the field, and making the Doctor patch him up again. I realized that the Professor treated Terry better than I did. :P [/spoiler:4eab89d2d2]
    Could you explain the message? I don't think I'll ever play this game but I'm still curious.

JJ on
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I finished the game a week ago, and I gotta say that it was a lot of fun. Can't wait for the sequel!

Question, what do I need to do to see the complete ending? Nothing appeared after the Fin.

Turkey on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I in fact just beat the game tonight. Ending kinda left me a little perplexed.

[realspoiler:31ceb760bd]So...prof just running off and that last paper made me wonder whether the Prof was actually the bad guy, and DID take the jewels from the others. This was kinda supported by Mint taking Terry home. I've read the stuff about the ending after Fin (I didn't think to wait to see it myself), but....did I just miss something that explains this stuff, or what?[/realspoiler:31ceb760bd]

Jragghen on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I added myself to group 6. How does this work, I hear you talking about hosting?

captaink on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If anyone is playing Contact, I would really like to try out the WiFi:

2792-6393-8182

Respond or PM me if you add me.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • RandomVinceRandomVince Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I finally ordered this game (PAL) after finding EB decided not to stock it at all, despite my order. :v: So Im pissed off with them.

Anyway, I should have it next Tuesday. I assume by a 60 page thread this was a wise move. Otherwise, be it on your collective heads :twisted:

So did people enjoy it overall?

:D

RandomVince on
    ULTIMATUM, n. In diplomacy, a last demand before resorting to concessions.