As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo] Let's do the odyssey

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    maybe if the SoM remake they're doing performs well, they'll localize SD3

re: mother 3

at this point I think whatever I had in me that allowed me to appreciate JRPGs is gone, they rarely hold my attention more than an hour or two anymore, and so if they were to actually release Mother 3 here, I'm pretty sure I'd buy it and then play a few hours and then never come back to it

Hmm, but you said you'd buy it...

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I had way more fun with Tokyo Mirage Stories than I did with Persona 5 to be honest. I would really like for it to get ported to Switch.

Session attacks were so good. I love that they're a great way for your entire party to always be involved in fights.

I'd totally double-dip on a Switch version.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    If they do a Switch version of TMS they need to give you the ability to skip attack animations. Once you have everyone Sessioning + Improv + the team-up attacks it gets ridiculous.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    If they do a Switch version of TMS they need to give you the ability to skip attack animations. Once you have everyone Sessioning + Improv + the team-up attacks it gets ridiculous.

Don’t be so

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Fire Emblem Switch has been in development for at least a year now. Probably finally gonna get some info on it in this Direct.

Frem on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Fire Emblem Switch has been in development for at least a year now. Probably finally gonna get some info on it in this Direct.

Fire emblem warriors? as far as I know that was the only Fire Emblem thing they have talked about and not slipped

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I like to hope the Switch FE has been in development since the release of Fates and will come out this year, that would be real nice

...Also that I'll like its tone and aesthetic more

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I really really want fe switch to be good

2x39jD4.jpg
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Frem wrote: »

Fire emblem warriors? as far as I know that was the only Fire Emblem thing they have talked about and not slipped

Nope; it was unnamed, distinct from Warriors, and described as a "new mainline game in the series" in the Fire Emblem Direct last year.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Oh no whoops I accidentally ordered a Switch.

I think I should play Mario first then Zelda?

broken image link
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh no whoops I accidentally ordered a Switch.

I think I should play Mario first then Zelda?

I feel that's the right move, it'll be quicker to finish comparatively.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Yeah that was my thinking, Zelda seems to have a reputation for eating people's lives.

broken image link
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah that was my thinking, Zelda seems to have a reputation for eating people's lives.

Well excooooose me, princess

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Gimme more over-the-top pop star nonsense. Every attack is now a concert.

Also please don't redo the kids thing in FE Switch. It was a neat story bit in Awakening, but Fates just made it bad. Spend those resources on making Supports in general better.

Mx. Quill on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    impatient.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    The only thing I would want from a #FE sequel or port would be the ability to entirely skip or significantly fast-forward Session attacks. You could make them go just every so slightly faster by holding the cancel button, but once you got your whole party involved they took forever... but the loot tables were balanced against you always using them, so you couldn't really afford not to.

... well, that and fixing the Pierce glitch. (If you know what it is, you don't need it explained, and if you don't know what it is, it's not worth elaborating on.)

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    The only thing I would want from a #FE sequel or port would be the ability to entirely skip or significantly fast-forward Session attacks. You could make them go just every so slightly faster by holding the cancel button, but once you got your whole party involved they took forever... but the loot tables were balanced against you always using them, so you couldn't really afford not to.

... well, that and fixing the Pierce glitch. (If you know what it is, you don't need it explained, and if you don't know what it is, it's not worth elaborating on.)

Pierce glitch?

I think letting you fast forward through sessions would be a good QoL change, they already let you know when impromptus are available before the session chain finishes so it isn't like its impossible to skip forward since the game already knows which ones will fizzle.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind kids as long as they do it Agarest style and the kids are the second half of the game.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I have $12 left on a $50 gift card I got myself as a Christmas gift. I bought Overcooked and Golf Story already with these funds. What's a good game for $12 or less?

EDIT: I guess bump that up to $15, I can afford to spend $3 extra dollars.

Goose! on
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Kupi wrote: »

Pierce glitch?

I think letting you fast forward through sessions would be a good QoL change, they already let you know when impromptus are available before the session chain finishes so it isn't like its impossible to skip forward since the game already knows which ones will fizzle.

SINCE YOU ASKED.

There's an ability that they carried over from the MegaTen games called "Pierce". Pierce lets you hit enemies who resist an element, which would normally cut the damage in half and prevent triggering a Session attack, for normal damage. Pierce works correctly in the respect that it lets you deal normal damage to enemies who resist the element of whatever you're attacking it with. However, Pierce has an advanced form, called Penetrate. Penetrate lets you hit enemies who nullify or reflect that element for normal damage as well. Here's the problem: the solver for Session attacks that tries to create the longest possible Session without hitting the enemy's resistances (which ends the Session) treats Pierce as if it were Penetrate. So if one of your characters has Pierce, and the enemy nullifies or reflects one of the elements they can attack with, the Session solver will gleefully throw an attack the enemy nullifies into the Session, which ends the Session. So having Pierce on any of your characters will cost you a lot of damage in the long run. And it's not really obvious that this is happening, so unless you're really observant you might not know why your Sessions went stupid all of a sudden.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    The direct being the day before south makes me sad that they skipped south this year after how good it was to be the first place to see the switch last year.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    The direct being the day before south makes me sad that they skipped south this year after how good it was to be the first place to see the switch last year.

to be fair they don't really need to hard sell the switch right now

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »

to be fair they don't really need to hard sell the switch right now

Who cares, still sad about it.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland has been translated in to english, happy New year

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular

When should we expect the Book of Mudora episode? @Wyborn

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That Nintendo direct is the day after my birthday.

I bet they're announcing something big just for me.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Moth 13 wrote: »

When should we expect the Book of Mudora episode? Wyborn

Oh, you

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Metroid Prime 4 with breakable weapons

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »

Metroid Prime 4 with breakable weapons

Metroid prime but with breakable ammunition.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    metroid prime 4 but with inventory management tetris to store ammo and suit upgrades

BahamutZERO.gif
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Why more games didn't take RE4's inventory I'll never know

Give me unlimited inventory.

I have never enjoyed limited inventory being part of the challenge of a game.

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Hasn't Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland been translated into English for ten years now? It got released in Europe 2007, it's just one of those titles (like Xenoblade Chronicles) that they decided not to bring over into the North American market for whatever reason.

Neveron on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    the reason is because nobody likes Tingle

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Looking at those lists really makes me want a Wario game that mocks newer game genres. Like a TellTale section with dialog options, but they’re all the bad/crazy ones. Then a cover shooter. Then some ridiculous quick time events. The a Dark Souls boss complete with orchestral music. Then a gacha game, and so on.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Looking at those lists really makes me want a Wario game that mocks newer game genres. Like a TellTale section with dialog options, but they’re all the bad/crazy ones. Then a cover shooter. Then some ridiculous quick time events. The a Dark Souls boss complete with orchestral music. Then a gacha game, and so on.

Wario PUBG where you run around trying to fart on other players, without getting farted on yourself. You win an onion dinner.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I think a lot of people in the West find tingle pretty offensive

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    tingle is at best a character whose humor doesn't translate very well

more frequently, yeah, he's actively offensive, and I wish Nintendo would just retire him

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Maybe Nintendo of Japan should have NoA work with them on stuff so we don't get offensive shit like the gerudo mission in Zelda

(not saying Japan is "more offensive" than the US, just that there are cultural differences and I wish they'd stop showing up in Nintendo games)

This discussion has been closed.