As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

King Gizzard and the Lizard [chat]

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Also I appreciate that top tier gun art bleric

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Life is Strange: Before the Storm is my GOTY

Episode 2 is just everything I want out of a video game

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I do prefer Neal Degrassi Junior High

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Horizon was my game of 2017, but Prey was a close second

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Neitzsche deGrasse Tyson

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    hm Jan 1, start period

as the year renews, so, too, do I

and the moon is full hm...

I feel like I should get magic blood powers or something

as i understand it from vague memories of watching vampire hunter D in high school i think it means you are safe from vampires
    old anime music videos for the new year
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIuMPLrme2k

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh man I have work tomorrow. I have been waking up at like ten o’clock over the holiday.

Ugh.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I’ve spent 36 hours so far in the company and arms of Hahnsboo. It’s been real and wonderful and awesome, the entire time. It was fun to share New Year’s with her and celebrate a bunch of traditions together.

We’re at a movie viewing right now with mutual friends, then we’ll separate briefly for some work related things, but we’re back together for dinner. Things are going great!

what a good post 10/10 more of this shit please chat

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Breath of the Wild came close to being one of my favorite games ever but it just barely fell short.

I wish I'd gotten to play Horizon Zero Dawn more.

I think my GOTY might be Cuphead.

Possibly Opus Magnum?

The game I fell in love with in 2017 wasn't a 2017 release, though: Ori and the Blind Forest.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Eddy wrote: »

I can’t bring myself to play that one

Not after the first one...

*stares out the window*

Neco on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    With hindsight, in 2018's first thread...

What was your 2017 Game of the Year and why?

For me, it's Pyre. Pyre is just an amazingly presented narrative that's remarkably stretchy and incredibly compelling. The rites were very hit and miss for people, but it hit for me. It was great. Not ideal, but still very good, worthy of the presentation, at any rate.

Basically, Pyre made me get shivers whenever I played it due to its aesthetics, music and art. A+ game.

I feel the same. I didn't play very many different/new games, but even if I had, Pyre probably would still remain my game of the year. The visuals, writing, gameplay, pacing, music...everything was not just good, but great. A fantastically well-crafted, emotional, and fun game.

forgot to mention that the ending sequence made me cry at 3 different spots.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    thx I am very good at guns as you can here see:

iljwi2iih3oq.png

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    someone needs to get a tattoo of that shotgun

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    My goty is def nier automata for serious tho

Neco wrote: »

I can’t bring myself to play that one

Not after the first one...

*stares out the window*

It's actually completely devastating knowing what happens but it's SUCH a good romance

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I also really, really liked Resident Evil 7, just for salvaging the series from the complete trainwreck that it had become

It's not quite as good as REmake or RE4 but I feel a lot happier about the franchise after it and Revelations 2

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Horizon was a good 2017 game

Nier Automata was a more engaging and impactful experience to me, though

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I need to stop watching the news.

North Korea threatening again.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    the internet is so weird

one day I'd never seen a bad word about NDT, then I saw one thing on twitter and suddenly boom everyone has turned a corner

See, no, this is the thing we gotta stop doing.

Seeing "a lot" of people do a thing is not the same as everyone doing a thing! Especially when it might not even be a lot of people!

This is how a herd acts, and herds are stupid. You can chase a herd of buffalo off a cliff. We're better than that! I ain't running just 'cause Gary got spooked by something.

Don't close the door on someone / something because you've heard some people say shitty things about them / it. At the same time, don't just blindly leave the door open because it's someone / something you've cherished. Be informed, be curious. There's truth beyond the headlines.

Neil deGrasse Tyson is an incredibly talented astrophysicist, and a very capable public speaker. He's also a know-it-all and can be a bit of a prick.

I'm a decent writer, a solid cook, and I'm pretty good at maintaining a positive attitude. I'm also a mental patient who thinks we're past due for a good ol' fashioned revolution, but that's just me being impatient. Because I am an impatient, stubborn ass sometimes!

But on the whole, I'm fucking fantastic and I hope that's the impression you're left with when it's my time.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I ain't running just 'cause Gary got spooked by something.

Maybe Gary knows some shit and you'd better be running, though.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

iljwi2iih3oq.png

King Bullets:

X2T0pnP.png

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    y2b9nswbtqmn.png

Variable wrote: »
    the internet is so weird

one day I'd never seen a bad word about NDT, then I saw one thing on twitter and suddenly boom everyone has turned a corner

See, no, this is the thing we gotta stop doing.

Seeing "a lot" of people do a thing is not the same as everyone doing a thing! Especially when it might not even be a lot of people!

This is how a herd acts, and herds are stupid. You can chase a herd of buffalo off a cliff. We're better than that! I ain't running just 'cause Gary got spooked by something.

Don't close the door on someone / something because you've heard some people say shitty things about them / it. At the same time, don't just blindly leave the door open because it's someone / something you've cherished. Be informed, be curious. There's truth beyond the headlines.

Neil deGrasse Tyson is an incredibly talented astrophysicist, and a very capable public speaker. He's also a know-it-all and can be a bit of a prick.

I'm a decent writer, a solid cook, and I'm pretty good at maintaining a positive attitude. I'm also a mental patient who thinks we're past due for a good ol' fashioned revolution, but that's just me being impatient. Because I am an impatient, stubborn ass sometimes!

But on the whole, I'm fucking fantastic and I hope that's the impression you're left with when it's my time.

I was definitely being hyperbolic. at the very least I haven't turned a corner. and I see the posts of other people who are still where I'm at (in the... huh? what did he do? oh, nothing? stage)

you're not wrong but I didn't mean it sincerely

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    aun hand is my goty 2018

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    wait shit the triggers are wrong way round on ALL those guns I ALWAYS do that

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    P10 wrote: »
    thats pretty productive
    can i set my sights more modestly, like putting on pants every day

this is a noble goal, but take their cue and wear five different pairs of pants at once

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Annie Get Your Long Gun

Real talk tho:

If you hold your thumb like that on some kinds of handguns, you'll be injured by the action as it fires.

That'd be fine if you're about to pull the hammer back.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    My goty is def nier automata for serious tho
    Nier was the one game last year to break all my preconceptions about what it'd be, or surpass them. Everything else that was great was as great as I was imagining it would be. Nier went rapidly from "oh okay, this is cool" to "HOLYSHITIFDSBKFHL:FAJDA"

So yes Nier: Automata GOTY 2017.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Given that not a single passenger death on a commercial jet aircraft anywhere on earth in 2017, I should be able to be practically immortal as long as I never leave a commercial jet aircraft.

edited January 2018

iljwi2iih3oq.png

Top left gun is classic water gun, top gun is Maryland, bottom left is just a double-barreled dick, bottom right is reverse Massachusetts or the first Gerrymandered district

Eddy on
    mine is Breath of the Wild but I didn't play very many games at all

It's just silly and unrealistic, little girl! Have better dreams!

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/b7/iljwi2iih3oq.png

Top left gun is classic water gun, top gun is Maryland, bottom left is just a double-barreled dick, bottom right is reverse Massachusetts or the first Gerrymandered district

this guy knows his guns

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Like living on one of Jupiter's moons!

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I assume you labeled the one "long gun" as a joke, but you accidentally labeled it sorta correctly with a real term.

cB557 on
    I'd definitely like it if deGrasse Tyson leaned away from his pretty regular bit which basically boils down to "this thing people enjoy is meaningless on the cosmic scale"

like, make it a special thing, you know? Save it for a real thing, like the flipouts re: the Mayan calendar thing that happened a few years ago, rather than "full moon on New Years day? Not special, guys!"

i mean the atmospheric pressure alone

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Couscous wrote: »
    Given that not a single passenger death on a commercial jet aircraft anywhere on earth in 2017, I should be able to be practically immortal as long as I never leave a commercial jet aircraft.

That was a solid year of aviation, eh? Only took us ~70 years to get a perfect score!

Up your game, spaceplanes.

This discussion has been closed.