As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I'm good on secret objectives.

PASS on the Imperial secondary.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I thought we were going to be friends, Preda! No sabotage, unless someone wants to play one on my behalf.

We're moving along at a good clip, but maybe we should hold up a bit for a game status update before @Brody takes his action?

I still don't plan to attack you neither this turn nor the next one, But It's kind of the only way I could go... Also you just have the only 5 resurces planet in the galaxy...

Play Imperial Secondary. I'll have to discard a card after I've drawn one.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Pass

Oh my goodness, it's my turn again. Um...

Play the primary ability of the (1) Leadership strategy card, exhausting Dal Bootha (2I), Lirta IV (3I), and Xxehan (1I) to allocate 3 counters to Tactic Pool, 1 counter to Fleet Pool, and 1 counter to Strategy Pool. (TP/FP/SP 0/4/1 --> 3/5/2)

All other players to pass or play on the secondary.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited December 2017
    Take the secondary.

Exhaust Lor and spend 4 trade goods for two counters; add 1 to Tactics, 1 to Fleet. (1 / 4 / 2)

Elvenshae on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Exhaust Centauri and Rarron for two command tokens. Add both to tactics, giving me 3/4/0.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    pass on the leadership secondary

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I can update tomorrow after Leadership is done.

Take Leadership secondary. Exaust Winnu, Mellon and Torkan for 3 CC. 2 tactic, 1 strategy. 2/6/0->4/6/1

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Take leadership secondary, exhausting the three planets I have left, both tokens go to Strategy.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Right, that's all the secondaries so now it's my turn

*Exciting drumroll*

Pass

@preda's action

@MrBody , I still need my new SO from Imperial secondary. It might change my move...

Activity Log

Creuss activates Lazar / Sakulag.Move in the Hil Colish, which swings by Arnor to pick up a ground troop and brings two fighters (+1 move from Gravity drive); the Dreadnought from the gate sector; and the Dreadnought from Creuss (which brings 1 more fighter).
    Jol-Nar gains 4 TG from Siphons, plays card Maneuvering Jets, Experimental Battlestation, Fighter Prototype, Emergency Repairs
    Creuss plays card Morale Boost
    Remaining forces:
    Creuss holds Sakulag (1 infantry)
    Hil Colish (damaged) (CV 5)
    Dreadnought (damaged) (CV 5)
    Dreadnought (damaged) (CV 5)
    Jol-Nar Holds Lazar (3 infantry)

Arborec plays card Signal Jamming on Centauri to block Letnev.

L1z1x plays card "Mining Initiative", selecting Bereg and gaining 5 Trade Goods.

Jol-Nar plays Diplomacy on homeworld
    L1z1x plays secondary refreshing [0.0.0] and Bereg.
    Winnu refresh Winnu and Lodor
    Arborec refreshing Nestphar and Quann.

Winnu plays card Uprising on Bereg, exhausting it and gaining 5 TG.

Letnev plays card Frontline Deployment- Action: Place 3 infantry on Mekar Xull.

Arborec plays Imperial
    Claim 1 VP
    Claim "Erect a Monument" 1 Vp. Exhaust Nestphar, Quann, Gral, Corneo, and Qucen'n.
    Winnu plays secondary

L1z1x plays Leadership
    Exhausting Dal Bootha (2I), Lirta IV (3I), and Xxehan (1I) (TP/FP/SP 0/4/1 --> 3/5/2)
    Creuss plays Exhaust Lor and spend 4 trade goods (1 / 4 / 2)
    Arborec plays Exhaust Centauri and Rarron 3/4/0.
    Winnu plays Exaust Winnu, Mellon and Torkan 2/6/0->4/6/1
    Letnev plays exhausting remaining planets +2 S

Thank you for the post-battle recap. It really helps.

Round 5 - Action Phase

Map
    ONIxu38m.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    Public
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP Creuss Letnev L1z1x
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP Jol-Nar Letnev
    I- Erect a Monument - Spend 8 resources. 1 VP Letnev Jol-Nar Arborec
    II- Manipulate Galactic Law- Spend 16 influence. 2 VP
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Secret
    Letnev Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 1
    Elvenshae - 3
    Mojo - 3
    Hedgethorn - 4
    Brody - 4
    Preda - 1
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Player mats

MrBlarney
    5 action cards
    3 secret objectives
    Creuss promissory: Cease Fire- After the Creuss player activates a system containing your units: The Creuss player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Creuss player
    B52IYin.png

Elvenshae
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory: Cease Fire- After the L1z1x player activates a system containing your units: The L1z1x player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the L1z1x player
    Jol-Naw promissory: Research agreement- After the Jol-Nar player researches a technology, you may research the same technology. Then, return this note to the Jol-Nar player
    Lxmmjr7.png

Mojo
    3 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    Arborec promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the Arborec player replenishes commodities: the Arborec player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the Arborec player.
    Letnev promissory note: Political Secret- When an agenda is revealed: The Letnev player cannot vote, use action cards, or use faction abilities until after the agenda has been resolved. Then return this card to the Letnev player.
    76zFvPV.png

Hedgethorn
    2 action cards
    3 secret objectives
    Crown of Emphidia - Law - A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    zWPEDTm.png

Brody
    2 action cards
    0 secret objectives
    1 claimed secret objective
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    oL0IzHw.png

Preda **Speaker**
    3 action cards
    3 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    PBPML6M.png

MrBlarney Leadership 1
    Mojo Diplomacy 2
    Preda Politics 3
    Brody Trade 5
    Elvenshae Technology 7
    Hedgethorn Imperial 8

Looks good. Minor correction - I exhausted Lazar previously

I should have five tokens in Fleet Pool, not four.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Activate Tibah. Move cruiser in from Zobhat.

@Brody

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

I’ve already passed. So, @Hedgethorn

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Activate the Quann system. Build one destroyer. Cost is 0 because of Sarween Tools.

@MrBlarney has the next turn.

Potentially risky business, but I'll PASS turn.

Since Mojo_Jojo has passed, @Preda is back up for action.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Activate Mellon-Zhobat.One Dreadnought goes to Teq-ran/Torkan, picks up a fighter and moves back, the other one picks up a ground force from Zhobat and drops it on Mellon. Than exaust all my planets left (Zhobat, Teq'Ran and Lodor) and spend 2 TG for 10 resources. I build the Salai Sai Corian, 2 fighters and 2 GF. I preemptively pass my next turn.

@Hedgethorn should be the only one left that hasn't passed yet.

Pass. Place an infantry on Quann during the status phase using my racial power.

Over to @MrBody for the status phase.

Oops, just realized we're back. Working on this.

Round 5 - Status Phase

Map
    lh7Xq4om.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    Public
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP Creuss Letnev L1z1x
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP Jol-Nar Letnev
    I- Erect a Monument - Spend 8 resources. 1 VP Letnev Jol-Nar Arborec
    II- Manipulate Galactic Law- Spend 16 influence. 2 VP
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Secret
    Letnev Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 1
    Elvenshae - 3
    Mojo - 3
    Hedgethorn - 4
    Brody - 4
    Preda - 1
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Player mats

MrBlarney
    5 action cards
    3 secret objectives
    Creuss promissory: Cease Fire- After the Creuss player activates a system containing your units: The Creuss player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Creuss player
    K62yF3F.png

Elvenshae
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory: Cease Fire- After the L1z1x player activates a system containing your units: The L1z1x player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the L1z1x player
    Jol-Naw promissory: Research agreement- After the Jol-Nar player researches a technology, you may research the same technology. Then, return this note to the Jol-Nar player
    Lxmmjr7.png

Mojo
    3 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    Arborec promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the Arborec player replenishes commodities: the Arborec player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the Arborec player.
    Letnev promissory note: Political Secret- When an agenda is revealed: The Letnev player cannot vote, use action cards, or use faction abilities until after the agenda has been resolved. Then return this card to the Letnev player.
    76zFvPV.png

Hedgethorn
    2 action cards
    3 secret objectives
    Crown of Emphidia - Law - A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    vQyr4tA.png

Brody
    2 action cards
    0 secret objectives
    1 claimed secret objective
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    oL0IzHw.png

Preda **Speaker**
    3 action cards
    3 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    Od3fmY8.png

All players may claim 1 public & 1 priate objective

Claim Secret Objective:

Become the gatekeeper - Have at least 1 ship in a system containing an alpha wormhole and at least 1 ship in a system containing a beta wormhole. 1 VP

Exhaust [0.0.0] (5R), Saudor (2R), and Tar'Mann (1R) to claim public objective "Erect a Monument" (Spend 8 resources.) for 1 VP.

Reveal and claim secret objective "Secrets of the Cosmos" (Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly. - [0.0.0], Bereg-Lirta IV, Saudor, Tar'mann, and Mecatol Rex) for 1 VP.

VP 1 --> 3

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Claim “Diversify Research” with 2 blue, 2 red techs.

I have 1 too many Tactical tokens on my sheet.

Claim Manipulate Galactic Law- Spend 16 influence. 2 VP
    Exhaust Arnam (2I), Neer (4I), Jol (2I) and Naar (3I): Total 11
    Spend 5 TG to get 5I

Finally our years of meddling on politics pay off and now the grand council chamber will be flooded so that the other lesser races must sit inside glass bowls during sessions. Or learn to hold their breath.

Also @brody @preda in case you missed the update

Pass

Spend 5 TG and claim Negotiate trade routes. 1 VP. Than claim Gather a Mighty Fleet - Have 5 dreadnoughts on the board. 1 VP
    VP 1->3
    Since I'm last I'll also put down my CC. 1 in Tactic and 1 in Strategic for 3/6/2

MrBody wrote: »
    Round 5 - Status Phase

All players may claim 1 public & 1 priate objective

So close to typoing pirate.

edited January 2018
    Reveal Public Objective

Form Galactic Brain Trust (2 VP)
    Control 5 planets with technology specialties.

MrBody on
    Working out action card draws. If people want to put in their CC orders now you can.

2 into Tactics; 2/4/2

Two in tactics, one in strategy

That objective seems particularly difficult given our galaxy. It needs somebody to stretch themselves very thin

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    It seems very difficult in all galaxies...

Two in Tactics for 4/4/2

edited January 2018
    discrider wrote: »
    It seems very difficult in all galaxies...

Good point, we've actually got 7 of the 8 available tech specialities on the board. So it's just a bloody hard thing to pull off.

Mojo_Jojo on