As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Achievement Unlocked] Bleep Bloop

ArteenArteen AdeptValeRegistered User regular
Shiny new thread? Achievement unlocked!

This is the place to discuss and/or moan about everyone's favorite pop-up notifications! Xbox achievements, PlayStation trophies and Steam achievements are all welcome!

What have you achieved lately?

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Oh dear, somebody finally went and did it.

(good job)

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh my god this thread title. <3

I have so many achievables. The new DLC pack for Shantae added more, and it's the one game I've ever collected all achievements in. I have work to do! Though they all look easy.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I was supposed to do this. Arteen?! how could you? *sobs*

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular

There is an achievement joke in there somewhere but damn if I can make it.

Ever hit that point where you do not really want to play any of your current games but also do not want to drop your completion percentage? I really need to knock out more of dying light but borderlands 2 is calling my name. Might just take the hit.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    furlion wrote: »

There is an achievement joke in there somewhere but damn if I can make it.

Ever hit that point where you do not really want to play any of your current games but also do not want to drop your completion percentage? I really need to knock out more of dying light but borderlands 2 is calling my name. Might just take the hit.

I think it's a multiplayer achievement joke, since people love to mess those up! ;P

I apparently own Dying Light, but I thought it was this 2d sidescrolling zombie game whose name I forgot... I also want to start Borderlands 2 someday...

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I managed to 100% the Final Fantasy XV base game.

I initially wasn't going to bother since I didn't want to grind out to max level for the adamantoise kill achievement. But it turns out there's an easy way to kill it while underleveled After that it was the remaining dungeons, a lot of cooking, a lot of fishing, and an absurd amount of running to finish it off.

Not too bad.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    For me achievements are very all or nothing - if it's feasible for me to get 100% without a tedious grind (and I like the game enough), I'm interested. If 100% seems out of reach for any reason then I don't pay the slightest attention to them.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I just gotta say, I've been playing Disgaea 5 on my Switch, and it's SUPER weird having the Playstation trophies still popping up.

Like I'm 90% sure it's even the same icon.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    do they apply to your... switch account or whatever?

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

Not as far as I can tell. There's an in-game NPC who tallies them up for you.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited December 2017
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Not as far as I can tell. There's an in-game NPC who tallies them up for you.

So the developers just left the icons and everything in the game? Reminds me when From Software left all the button prompts for the Xbox 360 version of Dark Souls in the PC version.

furlion on
    huh, that's interesting. In the case of Dark Souls perhaps it was done because people use the xbox controller? IDK.

Project 20k is probably not going to happen barring me putting in some major gameplay time and/or junkfood completions. Probably a mix of both. That Korra game is on sale for like 4 -5 bucks now. Might pick it up? IDK. Either way, still need to get 12k gamerscore to break 200k total.

I've almost wrapped up the SP content in GTA V, just have to find the toxic waste, do the remaining hobbies/pasttimes, and other things for 100% completion, then dick around in director mode and it'll be done.

Then figure out what I want to start wrapping up from games I have started already, and what new games to build upon as a lot of the 22+K that I have in the ~20% completion pool are time intensive completes or something. IDK.

NOTE (@Santa Claustrophobia in particular because you tend to hit the online feature brick wall a lot). Volition is shutting down its character/screenshot sharing service for Saints Row III and IV on January 31st, 2018. If you want to get the achievements for sharing in those games, you'll have to do it before then.

I saw this on TA but they don't source their sources so I'm not going to source them.

(Source)

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Thanks. I'll look at IV since I have all of SR3. I'll need something for my Christmas and New Year date stamps, so perhaps I'll grab any time sensitive stuff then.

9,295 gamerscore, four days to go!

I popped a 100gs achievement before I could get a 5 gs acheivement so I missed the 190,000 on the nose mark, but eh.

I just got the platinum in Minecraft at some point during the night, not sure when since I just let the game idle for the play 100 days trophy. Not going to lie, some of those were surprisingly difficult for a game I assumed would be really easy. I have also been cleaning up a lot of things from older games and am less then 1% away from 75% completion. But I did buy stardew valley and start it so not sure how far that will set me back.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Thanks. I'll look at IV since I have all of SR3. I'll need something for my Christmas and New Year date stamps, so perhaps I'll grab any time sensitive stuff then.

I looked it up and it's just the one about uploading the custom Boss to the servers. I'll get it on Monday.

Ah, cool. I think I'm going to give Tacoma a shot tonight.

I found an interesting stats page on TrueAchievements showing my best days, as measured by most "TrueAchievement" points.

tuAqKv1.jpg

I'm amused that my second best day consisted of only two achievements. Both were from beating ClusterTruck.

Interesting Stats!

HKpV43y.png

My best day is from completing Bladestorm: Nightmare, and my second best best day prior to December 2017 was from completing Arslan: The Warriors of Legend.

I forget, does TA use number of people with any achievements/the number of people with the achievement as the ratio? I used to use the site but since switching to Ps4 I can no longer remember.

The numbers don"t make complete sense since games will register more players than the most common achievement. Presumably because some people participated in the bean dive and haven't or won't return to it.

Basically, if somebody has started a game they are counted as somebody who has it. Percentages of achievements are calculated from that number.

The numbers don"t make complete sense since games will register more players than the most common achievement. Presumably because some people participated in the bean dive and haven't or won't return to it.

Basically, if somebody has started a game they are counted as somebody who has it. Percentages of achievements are calculated from that number.

Ah OK. I think the site I use, psnprofiles, requires a player to have at least a single trophy in a game to count.

Makes me wonder if the Microsoft tracked achievement percents track the sales/ownership or played at least once for digitals.

I wish Sony would show hundreds of a percent for the trophies. I know for most people that would be asinine, but it would let me get a clearer sense of the shape of things when I have multiple games with a .1% platinum chance.

only 7025 gamer score to go, and sitting at 81.8% completion including DLC.

I have 600 on finishing TWD: A new Frontier, 50 or so for some odds and ends in Deus ex, and ~430 available in GTA V. Don't really have much in the way of mid-burn achievements I can knock out though, in that remaining ~18.2% of gamerscore to hit 200k, so I'm going to have trim the stack more too, which is nice and beats shelving games forever, but eh.

After playing so much of longer and neverending games like Final Fantasy XV, Destiny 2 and Elder Scrolls Online, I was in the mood for some quick hit games.

The Turing Test was on Games With Gold a while back, and that was a neat little puzzle game in the vein of Portal or QUBE and an easy 100%. I also bought What Remains of Edith Finch on sale, and finished that in two-and-a-half hours. It was a short but very cool story game.

And with that, I have 100 completed games according to TrueAchievements.

5000 gamerscore, 23 hours to go.

So... with rl stuff to do, I dont think it likely I will pop the 5k... even if I went for major junkfood type games like energy cycle.

Gotta figure out what else I could play within this timeframe (~7h) but there’s still too many points and not enough time!

The Russkies don't take a milestone gamerscore dump without a plan...

If it were me, and I knew that there would possibly have been a massive shortfall, I would have shudderingly contemplated games like Avatar TLA.

I think today's OCD achievement will be the one for fully customising a car in GTAV. I'll finally see how the companion phone app works doing that.

edited January 2018
    Of course I'd get 450 points worth of achievements locked at 100%. *sigh*

edit: bleh, going back to redo the triggers looks like it's making them unlock now. In any event, I'm not down to 2720.

Gonna play What Remais of Edith Finch to get 1720, but then IDK what next... D:

tastydonuts on
    My friend and I had an unspoken achievement race for this month.

I ended December +5185 to his +5175. He was 30 seconds too late on his last achievement.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Had a weird issue in Cuphead where some achievement would take a really long time to pop, sometimes hours later. Wonder if it was a server-side problem with Microsoft having abnormal traffic loads over the holidays.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    edited January 2018
    *sigh* 199940.

Fell short of a high score tier in one game that was worth 80 and would have put me at 200020, which was not ideal, but eh. Then I figured I'd flip to Deus Ex because I had bits and pieces of achievements to pop in there with under 10 minutes to go... but between loading screens and setup couldn't pull it off. Ah well. put up over 16,000 gamerscore in December and between Jun and Nov put in like ~14.9k.

What really hurt was the time I spent trying to pop a quick 20 achievement in Warframe, that did not unlock, even though I was at 9/12 completion for the requirement and rushed the things and the ingame map indicator showed completion for it and IDK.

06gymnastics-maroney-popup.jpg

tastydonuts on
    edited January 2018
    22 Platinums this year. 2 short of my targeted 2 a month goal. But my overall average is still over 2 per month which is cool. Anything to help me get my damn backlog down. Although the nearly 400 hours I have put into warframe since I got my PS4 is not really helping with the trophy push, it does keep me from buying new games.

Edit : @tastydonuts That is still one hell of a push. Sorry you couldn't hit your goal but at least you will did some damn for work.

furlion on
    Got the SRIV community achievement yesterday. Had to unlock the secret achievement for the first mission to get there. Since I wasn't really trying to play I just skipped cutscenes because I didn't want to really get into anything. Plus, I already know much of what's going on anyway.

I also had the thought that the X1 version was going to have the same issue. That I'd need to get one and SRIV just to trigger it by the end of the month. But it turns out they just changed it from sharing it online to simply saving it to the profile. Which is something, I guess, but having these community achievements that can be disabled at any time is still fucking stupid. Especially when it's the only damned one like it for a game. There are plenty of games (mostly from EA) where all the online achievements are now ungettable. It sucks, but it's still generally a bunch of them. Here, it's just one. That's just aggravating as fuck. Even GTAV has an ungettable achievement due to a server error and it's still a pretty big deal as a game.

it does? which achievement is that?

@furlion thanks btw, still kind of annoyed at that. I'm just about to pop the 200k mark tonight because I didn't bother yesterday. Though I have the time to hit 200k exactly this time.

still annoyed that one missed jump cost me breaking the 200k mark. ugh.

it does? which achievement is that?

Which?

which GTA V achievement are you talking about?

So, excluding DLC, to date I have completed 152 games and I have a completion percentage of 87.5. Overall I am at 127 completions for 81.7 percent.

My ambitious goal for this year is to hit 90% completion overall and 200 completed (base) games. Yes. This is the thing that will happen.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Well, I can knock one ancient game off my backlog.

I had beaten Martian Memorandum, Under a Killing Moon, and Pandora Directive long ago. And I got like 80% through Overseer. But I never really played Mean Streets.

I just beat it in one very long 10 hour sitting.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar