As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

King Gizzard and the Lizard [chat]

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Let's all brigade a small anime con and then make out
    MAGfest is happening soon

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Delmain wrote: »
    I kind of want to do a [chat]-PAX this year

I wanted to do one last year and apparently a bunch of people did but I was uninformed of that

Just pick somewhere and hang out for a week(-end maybe)

well the one we hosted was limited by the fact that we were unwilling to open our doors to chat writ large and risk having 30 people crash our place, but if someone organizes one I'd be v interested given that im only planning to go to boston to meet my chat friends and have no interest in the con

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    i got my passport this year because of the cruise

theoretically i could go to seattle for pax prime

theoretically

but why would i do that

who would want to hang out with me

Seattle is wonderful and not where you should go for human companionship

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Ludious wrote: »
    they just give you cookies at doubletrees

warm cookies

there's a little warming box behind the front desk and they just give them to you if you keep asking for them

what

that's not true

I'd never fuckin lie about cookies

the trick is having no self respect and asking for seconds

Ludious on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    "takeout" is ambiguous--often it means exclusively pickup orders, but can include both pickup orders and delivery orders

best to avoid it and use "pickup" and "delivery"

"Getting food that I don't have to cook and am going to cram into my face"

I have been salivating over the idea of pizza all day but am trying to resist in an effort to a) save money and b) be more healthy

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

I wanted to do one last year and apparently a bunch of people did but I was uninformed of that

a [chat] meetup that cost less than $1500 would be preferable yeah

Well I can't just not charge everyone my appearance fee.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I desperately want to AirB&B a chateau in the Rockies somewhere and light a fire and play boardgames and drink and ski and hang out for a few days with [chat] folks.

That would be amazing.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

i for one welcome our new matriarchy

Bless your heart.
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    who all is going to east anyways

I need to figure out my posse

I have another trip planned so we cannot this year.

BC is graduating!

goddamit spool

I'm going to east tho @Sir Landshark you can hang with me

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @Sir Landshark I am going but I don't have a hotel because someone named @cptrugged decided to bail on me this year. But I will figure it out by the end of the month.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

well the one we hosted was limited by the fact that we were unwilling to opening our doors to chat writ large and having 30 people crash our place, but if someone organizes one I'd be v interested given that im only planning to go to boston to meet my chat friends and have no interest in the con

I mean, hotels exist

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Let me tell you

That taco bell dollar menu?

Those mini beefy quesadillas?

Those are some good shit for a dollar.

A dollar! And you get what's basically a soft taco full of meat, cheese, and chipotle sauce. The same sauce as on their cheesy gordita crunch I'm pretty sure. It's delicious and they're a dollar. The stackers are decent too because they are heavy and only a dollar but that sauce is so good. I need to try customizing that sauce onto other stuff.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Also, I didn't know Beauty and the Beast did that well.
    There was zero hype for it around here.

Bless your heart.
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I am always willing to hang it with people I seattle but surprisingly I don’t get a lot of offers, despite my discounted autograph prices

BC is graduating!

goddamit spool

I'm going to east tho "Sir Landshark" you can hang with me

how about you postpone graduation for a year and I hang with both you and your folks

I desperately want to AirB&B a chateau in the Rockies somewhere and light a fire and play boardgames and drink and ski and hang out for a few days with [chat] folks.

That would be amazing.

yeah I've done a ski trip to the Appalachians and it was amazing. 12 people in a 5 bedroom wood cabin, tons of board games, drinking games, and skiing for a week

a family friend runs a cabin-rental place that has cabins with up to 10 bedrooms, though they are in North Carolina and not Colorado

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

Awwww yissss

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

a [chat] meetup that cost less than $1500 would be preferable yeah

yeah... yeah...

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

BC is graduating!

goddamit spool

I'm going to east tho "Sir Landshark" you can hang with me

how about you postpone graduation for a year and I hang with both you and your folks

BC, this is the most important thing I will ever tell you

Never give an older person what they want

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    100% thought all three of those pictures were Daisy Ridley for a moment.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2018
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Let me tell you

That taco bell dollar menu?

Those mini beefy quesadillas?

Those are some good shit for a dollar.

A dollar! And you get what's basically a soft taco full of meat, cheese, and chipotle sauce. The same sauce as on their cheesy gordita crunch I'm pretty sure. It's delicious and they're a dollar. The stackers are decent too because they are heavy and only a dollar but that sauce is so good. I need to try customizing that sauce onto other stuff.

The cravings deal is the best right now because the cheesy gordita crunch and 5 layer burrito are like around $5 total by themselves i think
    so you're basically getting a taco supreme, drink, and cinnamon twists for free

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    We are planning on going to Pax West this year. Probably only do the actual con for one day or so but be in Seattle all weekend.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

That would be amazing.

yeah I've done a ski trip to the Appalachians and it was amazing. 12 people in a 5 bedroom wood cabin, tons of board games, drinking games, and skiing for a week

a family friend runs a cabin-rental place that has cabins with up to 10 bedrooms, though they are in North Carolina and not Colorado

I know a few towns this would probably work with in Colorado.

Mostly avoiding the big ski resorts, Vail is terrible trust me.

But Estes Park or even like Arapahoe Basin and a few others would be nice.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

That would be amazing.

are there mountains, is there snow

a

well the one we hosted was limited by the fact that we were unwilling to opening our doors to chat writ large and having 30 people crash our place, but if someone organizes one I'd be v interested given that im only planning to go to boston to meet my chat friends and have no interest in the con

I mean, hotels exist

they'd all be at our place during the day tho

at any rate, I don't think we'll be hosting again because it was a massive strain on porp and her anxiety was thru the roof (thru no fault of anyone in attendance, just how it is with her and large # of people in her home)

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    We are planning on going to Pax West this year. Probably only do the actual con for one day or so but be in Seattle all weekend.

I hear it’s nice there

That would be amazing.

There are mountains, there is snow if you go in the dead of winter

It isn't extreme skiing, but then since a lot of people don't ski regularly, that's probably for the best

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

hit me up

I'll be there

probably working?
    I've been threatening to quit pax every year for like the last 3 years so who knows

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I'm thinking about going to boston for pax weekend but we'll see. If I do, I'll stay at some sort of B+B type place between harvard and central, or maybe a little air B+B room, depending on cost and quality of the offerings available once I decide whether I'm attending for certain.
    I'm quite done with pax as a con and would like to focus on hanging out with friends instead (and devote all my con-attending spirit to Gen Con!)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

That would be amazing.

There are mountains, there is snow if you go in the dead of winter

It isn't extreme skiing, but then since a lot of people don't ski regularly, that's probably for the best

If you go in summer I’ll take you all fishing

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I would like offers to any future ChatPAX stuff if/when it happens

I ate an engineer
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Oh hey guys if my job turns out to be an honest to god urgent care center that might mean I won’t have to see hardly any more people literally shitting on me or newly-dead bodies

The dream

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    someone get fuckoff rich and bankroll [chatPAX] Puerto Vallarta

I know a place, good food, drinks included, private beach

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I will only do mountaincon if, as a group we can go into the nearest bougie ski town, invade the starbucks or whatever, and play a board game. I'm even willing to set aside my self respect and shout monty python quotes. Anything to give a rich the vapors

a

I mean, hotels exist

at any rate, I don't think we'll be hosting again because it was a massive strain on porp and her anxiety was thru the roof (thru no fault of anyone in attendance, just how it is with her and large # of people in her home)

hm fair point

I wonder if there's like, a board game tavern or something we could rent out a few nights and do like, museums during the day then retire to hang out at a place for a while

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    PAX Blue Mountain (southwestern Ontario)

Ski resorts, you can rent a condo that sleeps 12 for relatively cheap near the ski hills, the skiing itself is modest rather than daunting, there's a shop at the TOP of the 'mountain' that sells Beavertails and poutine so that, if you're skilled enough, you can eat WHILE you ski down the hill

It's pretty sweet, y'all

Atomika wrote: »
    Oh hey guys if my job turns out to be an honest to god urgent care center that might mean I won’t have to see hardly any more people literally shitting on me or newly-dead bodies

The dream

Urgent Care doesn't sound like a corpse or shit free environment.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    a

I mean, hotels exist

hm fair point

I wonder if there's like, a board game tavern or something we could rent out a few nights and do like, museums during the day then retire to hang out at a place for a while

this is all spitballing of course, I am not trying to pressure anyone to host something they don't want to

This discussion has been closed.