As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

King Gizzard and the Lizard [chat]

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    PAX Blue Mountain (southwestern Ontario)

Ski resorts, you can rent a condo that sleeps 12 for relatively cheap near the ski hills, the skiing itself is modest rather than daunting, there's a shop at the TOP of the 'mountain' that sells Beavertails and poutine so that, if you're skilled enough, you can eat WHILE you ski down the hill

It's pretty sweet, y'all

ok, I want to try to eat poutine while skiing down a mountain now, even if no one else is there

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    We are planning on going to Pax West this year. Probably only do the actual con for one day or so but be in Seattle all weekend.

I hear it’s nice there

It can be, it can also be really infuriating sometimes.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    and then maybe we could I don't know, grab a rich and eat them

right there

in the starbucks

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

I couldn't even come to grips emotionally with a Bashar al Assad fan tribute twitter account before the actual tweet ambushed me

I can't do 2018

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    who all is going to east anyways

I need to figure out my posse

Yo what up, I'll be around

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Shark when I visit places I'm rowdy, insufferable, and savage, barely even human

I'll be at your doorstep in fifteen minutes

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Oh hey guys if my job turns out to be an honest to god urgent care center that might mean I won’t have to see hardly any more people literally shitting on me or newly-dead bodies

The dream

Urgent Care doesn't sound like a corpse or shit free environment.

urgent care is like, the shit that's not bad enough to need to go to a hospital, but needs resolution quickly

infections of things that need antibiotics

cuts bad enough to need stitches but not surgery

that kind of thing

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I would almost certainly attend a pax-chat Colorado/Mountains if one were available

so factor that in for how much you want to go.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    PAX mountainCon better culminate in a slapstick downhill ski race set to Huey Lewis and the News against the stuck up Con in the next resort over.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    someone get fuckoff rich and bankroll [chatPAX] Puerto Vallarta

I know a place, good food, drinks included, private beach

Don't forget armed guards

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So many of my coworkers and random acquaintances are all on this crypto mining and trading

And I pooh poohed it as imaginary nonsense like 4 or 5 years ago when someone I knew moved to SF to work for some bitcoin company
    Or like as something that was complicated and confusing and risky and I didn’t want to bother learning about

But oops

And I still feel that way
    But like man I’m still like... even a few months ago I shoulda tossed some fun money that I didn’t care about losing into something

Just for shits and giggles

Still makes no sense to me though

There was a good article I read about the bubble about a week ago but I forgot where it was.

Cryptocurrency much like a lot of silicon valley stuff feels like trying to reinvent the wheel, in this case a golden wheel, with programming because it only has one peg and that peg must fit everything.

Totally a crazy bubble

But
    A bubble I coulda had some fun gambling with, with some spare money that I woulda spent on useless things

poo
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Oh hey guys if my job turns out to be an honest to god urgent care center that might mean I won’t have to see hardly any more people literally shitting on me or newly-dead bodies

The dream

urgent care is like, the shit that's not bad enough to need to go to a hospital, but needs resolution quickly

infections of things that need antibiotics

cuts bad enough to need stitches but not surgery

that kind of thing

You people and your gross meat bodies.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I found a fun list of norwegian conspiracies

my favourite here I already knew about, it was about how there was a secret army being trained and prepared in Norway

it was laughed at, and then some guy happened to have the police over for something else and they found a high tech bunker with tons of weapons and it turned out oh shit there really was a secret army. NATO staybehind a la Gladio. God the cold war has so much nuts shit.

anyway, there was a coup in 1945 by jews (all... 559 of them that was left?) and freemasons as part of a larger plot for jewish world domination. Folkeaksjonen mot EU-medlemskap (something like "popular movement against EU-membership) further claims that the EU is a result of this plot for hegemony. One wonders how we're not a member if they have ruled us since 1945.

Also, man, that organization is waaay more batshit than I would have expected from that name, I struck gold here

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Ski resorts, you can rent a condo that sleeps 12 for relatively cheap near the ski hills, the skiing itself is modest rather than daunting, there's a shop at the TOP of the 'mountain' that sells Beavertails and poutine so that, if you're skilled enough, you can eat WHILE you ski down the hill

It's pretty sweet, y'all

ok, I want to try to eat poutine while skiing down a mountain now, even if no one else is there

It's incredibly difficult but incredibly worth it

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I wonder if there's some way I could avail myself of my parents' house while they're on vacation

basically like one of those high school movies where you invite all your friends over while the parents are out and then the friends trash the house

....heh maybe best not...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I have been weirdly preoccupied with the fact that we are all going to die over the last few weeks. It is not pleasant.

In a weird way I'm kinda glad I got over all that when I was 5.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    @desc

I'm still laughing about 9/11

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    someone get fuckoff rich and bankroll [chatPAX] Puerto Vallarta

I know a place, good food, drinks included, private beach

Don't forget armed guards

PV's not that bad

plus we can just use pony and abdhy

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    Last year, the Pathfinder society group in Omaha got an Air BnB and had a mini-con for a couple of days, and it was delightful. Doing it somewhere more visually majestic than a lake on the Iowa border would probably be good too.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    spool32 wrote: »

I have another trip planned so we cannot this year.

BC is graduating!

Omg let's all brigade bc's graduation

HOHOHOHO there aren't tickets it's just folding chairs and free lunch so, I mean, you're welcome to come

May 19th be there or uh don't be there and avoid having to explain who you are to all of my grandparents I guess

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I kind of want to do a [chat]-PAX this year

I wanted to do one last year and apparently a bunch of people did but I was uninformed of that

Just pick somewhere and hang out for a week(-end maybe)

I desperately want to AirB&B a chateau in the Rockies somewhere and light a fire and play boardgames and drink and ski and hang out for a few days with [chat] folks.

That would be amazing.

yeah I've done a ski trip to the Appalachians and it was amazing. 12 people in a 5 bedroom wood cabin, tons of board games, drinking games, and skiing for a week

a family friend runs a cabin-rental place that has cabins with up to 10 bedrooms, though they are in North Carolina and not Colorado

are there mountains, is there snow

west NC is pretty damn mountainy ya

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    desc

Ok, who's sigging this?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular

BC is graduating!

HOHOHOHO there aren't tickets it's just folding chairs and free lunch so, I mean, you're welcome to come

hm, looks like some school forgot the most important lesson

no such thing as a free...

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

BC is graduating!

May 19th be there or uh don't be there and avoid having to explain who you are to all of my grandparents I guess

free lunch you say

• Options
    @desc

Its been like 17 years now, you'd think the joke would have worn thin by now.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

The dream

The biggest thing with Urgent Care is that no ambulances come there. You only see those what can drag themselves inside

• Options
    a
    Ilpala wrote: »
    desc

Ok, who's sigging this?

I can never replace my signature

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    What would be cooler is if people came to my art show, which will probably be the weekend after PAX uvu

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

It's pretty sweet, y'all

When @wafflesmagee and I went skiing (My first time) she hit a snow bank and fell in to the point that only feet were visible above the snow and had to be rescued by a passing lady. I was on the bunny hill at this time fearing for my life as I moved about 3 inches an hour down the hill.

Still, doing anything while skiing other than skiing seems like a great way to get murdered by the mountain.

• Options
    Sleep wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I have been weirdly preoccupied with the fact that we are all going to die over the last few weeks. It is not pleasant.

In a weird way I'm kinda glad I got over all that when I was 5.

I was about 5 when I ran into my mom's bedroom, inconsolably bawling because I realized that I was going to die one day

She calmed me down by reminding me that the Beavers Jamboree was coming up in a few weeks and I was certainly going to be alive for that and isn't that going to be fun?

It worked, like, 100%. Also she made the dog sleep with me that night, which also helped.

I got dealt a pretty solid mom <3

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

BC is graduating!

in business school the first thing they teach you is

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Jokes on her, you very well could've died before Beavers Jamboree

that you didn't is of little consequence

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    AS HALFWAY CROOKS

wait sorry wrong line

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    DID SOMEBODY SAY LOSS PARODIES?!
    DSpF6myXUAMkEzx.jpg:large

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »

BC is graduating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpOj2BwimrM

• Options
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

BC is graduating!

*business school graduates proceed to be plied with free lunches provided by vendors*

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    help it's my coworker's bday this week

help she was born in 1994

poo
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

It's pretty sweet, y'all

When wafflesmagee and I went skiing (My first time) she hit a snow bank and fell in to the point that only feet were visible above the snow and had to be rescued by a passing lady. I was on the bunny hill at this time fearing for my life as I moved about 3 inches an hour down the hill.

Still, doing anything while skiing other than skiing seems like a great way to get murdered by the mountain.

I am, perhaps unsurprisingly, supernaturally comfortable on skis

I don't even use poles, which is why my hands are free for eating

I just weave back and forth down the hill, dodging the out-of-control children and the morons bombing down the hill

Stop halfway down, move to the side, enjoy the view

And then continue on, still eating, always eating

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    I wonder if there's some way I could avail myself of my parents' house while they're on vacation

basically like one of those high school movies where you invite all your friends over while the parents are out and then the friends trash the house

....heh maybe best not...

Sounds good. I will be Kid, you can be Play.

This discussion has been closed.