As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Get 2018 [chat]ted off right

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I had to walk across Boston real quick and the last thread closed before I could quote the narwhal, that was a good call on the part of narmom.

My mom just explained it to me every time I asked about the girl on the wall in between the pictures of my sister and I, that never got older.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Man. Everything these days needs a marketing department.

Meltdown & Spectre! (HUGE svgs apparently)

meltdown.min.svg

spectre.min.svg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    This isn't not a pipe

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Ok my brother's overwatch team made uhhh contender tier?? This season I am so proud of him

I'm like BE A PROFESSIONAL OVERWATCH, FUCK HIGH SCHOOL

this seems like the worst idea ever

unless he can rack up enough money in a few years to live for the rest of his life anyway

Oh he left high school for other reasons and is in the process of getting his GED

How dare you not read my dad's posts :O
    jk I do not expect you to read every post

Anyway I am just really glad for him to be doing something he loves and getting some non-academic validation, he is a good egg and school sucked for him

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Oh no shit this bus is filling up I won't be able to sit alone or nap

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I have 3 separate conference calls with this contractor tomorrow

someone kill me

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Bleric are you about to be smuggled to Texas on the Underground Railroad

I am scared for you

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    You just [chat] snaked a Mod Ben, does that mean you're a mod now?

53697461.jpg

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I have 3 separate conference calls with this contractor tomorrow

someone kill me

Sounds the contractor is already going to.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Amnesiac quit high school to play Hearthstone, and that's not even a real esport

Well, that's presumably because he couldn't remember how to play the real esports.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    ad4v16q4m1w8.jpg

Hmmm.

Those setups are quite common here, easiest way to do small moves

In the UK it's usually termed "man with a van".

Hmm, vaguely ominous.

Sounds about right.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    Bleric are you about to be smuggled to Texas on the Underground Railroad

I am scared for you

Hahahaha

No I am taking a bus to Boston to spend a couple days with my Mémère, then flying out on Friday mroning, assuming the blizzard doesn't ground Logan

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    BeNarwhal don't you go freezing to death! You make sure you're wrapped up warm.

Funny you say that

I am, of course, ridiculously bundled up because why would I ever want to be uncomfortable, so there's blowing snow and we're in the negative teens Celsius, and I'm waving and flashing smiles at everyone I pass 'cause I'm in a good mood.

Many of those people were less bundled up and much less pleased with their circumstances, I must say.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    They're called subways now Chu, and Texas doesn't have them

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Man. Everything these days needs a marketing department.

Meltdown & Spectre! (HUGE svgs apparently)

meltdown.min.svg

spectre.min.svg

I kinda like the Meltdown. But otherwise I totally agree, hire more design people.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Ok my brother's overwatch team made uhhh contender tier?? This season I am so proud of him

Contenders is an open league that Blizzard intends to use as a pool to draw teams into pro competition, so anyone can join but it's still excellent for hm to be attached to an organized team that will participate.

Now all he needs is his own computer that can run OverWatch, and he can play and stream without borrowing mine, and see if he gets anywhere.

Excellent development!

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

maybe a very motherly looking person will sit next to you and you can ask if you can borrow their lap for a quick nap

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Really thought were were going to have [chat] thread wars because you were both busy, Benards.

Good job.

I had to type it all with my gloves on which is both a technological and a human feat that I'm quite pleased with.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    just checking the weather report for Mt Baker this weekend and uh

nvipf6a7ez90.jpg

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My college jams were

Dan Deacon
    Vashti Bunyan
    John Fahey
    Sebadoh
    MV&EE
    Animal Collective

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    that spectre logo looks like snapchat saw your nudes and is going to beat you with a stick.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »

Contenders is an open league that Blizzard intends to use as a pool to draw teams into pro competition, so anyone can join but it's still excellent for hm to be attached to an organized team that will participate.

Now all he needs is his own computer that can run OverWatch, and he can play and stream without borrowing mine, and see if he gets anywhere.

Excellent development!

Oh shows what I know

WELL FUCK HIGHSCHOOL ANYWAY BE A PROFESSIONAL VIDEO GAME

• Options
    that spectre logo looks like snapchat saw your nudes and is going to beat you with a stick.

assuming these are sports teams maybe that's an appropriate way to go?

I like to ART
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »

maybe a very motherly looking person will sit next to you and you can ask if you can borrow their lap for a quick nap

Update I was wrong and I get to sit alone, a+ :cool:

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

I like the reasoning behind it: It has to do with speculative caching and it's gonna haunt the computer industry for years to come.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options

lol they're 20 year old critical security flaws in Intel processors.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

nvipf6a7ez90.jpg

Only occasional, Brian

You'll be fine

• Options

I like the reasoning behind it: It has to do with speculative caching and it's gonna haunt the computer industry for years to come.

Speculative caching?

• Options

It's the meltdown of modern CPU architecture.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Bleric grandmamas are p cool

• Options
    And really Brian, if you can't handle a moderate volcano how are you ever going to beat the head of the rival ski club and win the girl?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Sleep wrote: »

Speculative caching?

My bad, speculative execution.

• Options

OK, I read what you just wrote and understand what you are referring to but how it relates to those two svgs is breaking my brain. WHAT?

I like to ART
  • Options
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    if you can't handle me at my volcano-est

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

OK, I read what you just wrote and understand what you are referring to but how it relates to those two svgs is breaking my brain. WHAT?

I'm not sure why they have logos either.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Organichu wrote: »
    Bleric grandmamas are p cool

I have three, this is the takeout-and-Masterpiece-Theatre one, she's chill af

She's a law librarian and a genealogist

Blameless Cleric on

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

nvipf6a7ez90.jpg

Only occasional, Brian

You'll be fine

Um, I think you'll find that "occasionally" is modifying "moderate" there, BN, not "volcano".

That means that sometimes the volcano will be moderate, but the rest of the time...well, who knows.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    ad4v16q4m1w8.jpg

Hmmm.

Those setups are quite common here, easiest way to do small moves

In the UK it's usually termed "man with a van".

Hmm, vaguely ominous.

Sounds about right.

Pickup trucks are not common in the UK, so the commercial vehicle of choice is the panel van

In these setups, usually a questionably roadworthy transit featuring zip ties as a crucial component of the bodywork

• Options
    Sleep wrote: »

Speculative caching?

My bad, speculative execution.

okay those words make more sense next to each other, but what's the quick and dirty explanation of what that is

This discussion has been closed.