As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Top Grand Gear Tour Thread: Diddly Squat Farm now open for Season 2

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    That was an enjoyable episode and a nice take the piss on their premises.

I will totally support a finish line girl for every place they go now, it just makes so much sense. People who like the show will love it, people who hate the three will hate it, everyone wins.

And damn did that fire plane look so pretty destroying James's truck, this show better get nominated for an emmy this time around or it will just be verification Hollywood are hack frauds.

Also, what the hell is Richard smoking the 650 is a nice looking car.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    That episode gave me a new appreciation for what those planes do, and the sheer amount of violence with which they do it.

The 650 and its siblings always looked to me like the front end of a P1 on the back end of a 12C. Not actually a bad thing, although I preferred the 12C's looks overall. The new 720 has a gorgeous rear and middle but I didn't care for its front end much at all. Those headlight scoop things just... no. The mood-lit engine bay, though? Brilliant.

The Nomad looks just as bonkers fun as when Matt LeBlanc drove it on TG.

I would have loved to see Clarkson and Hammond's fire engines. In their last TG series I thought the three ambulances segment was hilarious.

And I unashamedly dug the finish line. Alright, maybe slightly shamedly. But still. (I am probably a bad person.)

Jazz on
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm a fan of the show and the trio, and I'm not a fan of the finish line girl.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

I think you mean Mrs Clarkson

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    I'm re-watching the old US Special from way back. Miami to New Orleans in sub-$1,000 vehicles.

The bit where they've painted amusing slogans on the sides of the cars
    Hillary for President, NASCAR sucks, Country & Western is Rubbish, I'm Bi and Man-Love Rules OK
    and end up trying to refuel in a hick town in Alabama (with James needing a jump-start as well) is fucking terrifying. Legitimately. It's really the precursor to the now much more famous ending to the Patagonia Special.

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    I can't even imagine them trying to pull that stunt with those slogans today.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular

I think you mean Silvija Jurin, Croatian TV show host and model

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    They did a joke in Croatia with James’ truck decals (spelling arse when the door opened), but the Morgan Plus slippers were one of their better word jokes in a while

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I loved the" non scripted" trip segment.

Kinda wish Jeremy made a fire truck though. I imagine it would have been a Hilux with just a massive water tank and a pressure turret that left massive holes everywhere

The Lada was very cute. And for £1200 in modifications, way better than it had any right to be. I was a little sad to see it smashed to bits by a torrent of water.

• NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    That episode gave me a new appreciation for what those planes do, and the sheer amount of violence with which they do it.

The 650 and its siblings always looked to me like the front end of a P1 on the back end of a 12C. Not actually a bad thing, although I preferred the 12C's looks overall. The new 720 has a gorgeous rear and middle but I didn't care for its front end much at all. Those headlight scoop things just... no. The mood-lit engine bay, though? Brilliant.

The Nomad looks just as bonkers fun as when Matt LeBlanc drove it on TG.

I would have loved to see Clarkson and Hammond's fire engines. In their last TG series I thought the three ambulances segment was hilarious.

And I unashamedly dug the finish line. Alright, maybe slightly shamedly. But still. (I am probably a bad person.)

Looking at attractive people makes you a bad person now?
    Yikes.

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Hoo boy, there's going to be a lot of angry letters about the inappropriate use of mutton this episode.

Add "Purman Fruit Juice" to the list of amusing fictional sponsors.

Which was also literally the only entertaining part of that lamentable segment.

At least the rest was good.

I think you mean Silvija Jurin, Croatian TV show host and model

What unscripted luck they just found her in a field somewhere!

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Well that was 1 excellent commercial showcasing how perfectly reliable old jags are.

steam_sig.png
  • KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    My favorite part is that nobody ever acknowledged that the cars changed.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    What are you talking about?

Of course they all ran faultlessly. I had no doubt that they would. Doesn't matter what you throw at them.

Of course they all ran faultlessly. I had no doubt that they would. Doesn't matter what you throw at them.

Or in James May's case what you throw them off.

steam_sig.png
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Yup. Absolutely typical of a Jag that the only thing you'd achieve by chucking it off a cliff is to turn it into arguably an even nicer Jag.

Am I missing something with the jaaaaag owners stealing everything? Like is it a UK news thing that us colonials won't get.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I think this was my favorite bit from last night, hands down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blqpeF3Upx8

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    That'll be Jaguar's self-flushing coolant system. Saves you the trouble of draining it yourself.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I think this was my favorite bit from last night, hands down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blqpeF3Upx8

IDGI, who or what is lucas?

• FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Lucas is a british company that makes wiring and electronics for cars, and are known to be very shitty, breaking in a few years.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms

Yup. Absolutely typical of a Jag that the only thing you'd achieve by chucking it off a cliff is to turn it into arguably an even nicer Jag.

It just keeps regenerating like a Time Lord, only better.

DanHibiki wrote: »

It just keeps regenerating like a Time Lord, only better.

The Jag realized that after a typical day at an art museum that it was not fast enough for its owner and his new painting to hop into his plane that is already starting to take off. So while they were taking care of the minor body work its engine grew some new cylinders to take care of that pesky problem.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2018
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Am I missing something with the jaaaaag owners stealing everything? Like is it a UK news thing that us colonials won't get.

That's the bit I didn't get either. Unless it was just an extension of the criminals and general caddishness "thing" they kept going on about.

They mentioned the cad thing back on TG, IIRC: "Oh, I'm terribly sorry, but I appear to have left my wallet in the Jaaaaaaag."

Jazz on
    You guys didn't see the bad guys drive Jags commercials?
    https://youtu.be/e7gR7EYjcP8

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    They did a joke in Croatia with James’ truck decals (spelling arse when the door opened), but the Morgan Plus slippers were one of their better word jokes in a while

EAT ENGLISH MUFF

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    anyone know which episode this series is gonna be the Africa road trip? I am physically craving that one so I can see Hammond on a bike for once

The Rally part at the end was really good. Probably the best part of the whole episode with the Lambo lap being the other contender.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    One more vote in favour of finishline-chan here. She is adorbz.

Also how do you guys not get this, only baddies drive jags thats the point! It's why they're cool.

To translate it into American it's the same reason the Charger is cooler than the Mustang.

Eh, the Challenger is arguably cooler because everyone and their brother has a Mustang. The Charger isn't cool at all anymore because it's the choice for police cruisers now but I'm pretty sure you meant Challenger.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I'm so glad this show is back but I'm perhaps the only man on the planet who was happy they didn't have celebrity interviews and is cringing now that they're doing them.

That they're taking up 20+ minutes of each episode is....not great.

I thought Celebrity Brain-crash was a short and funny bit that led to them saying or doing something funny, and then there was more time for the show I enjoyed.

Twitch: Thawmus83
    Only thing I've been disappointed with so far with GT is the soundtrack compared to Top Gear's. I miss Doves, The XX, and Radiohead bumper music. I love the intro though and definitely prefer it to that goofy Jessica remix.

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I liked the intro from last season more, too.

This is not to say that everything they did last season was better, I definitely like their new Stig-analogue more than "The American," though I wasn't as irritated by him as most were. And some stuff I don't like at least makes sense to me, like not filming it in a different country each week, I'm sure that was expensive as hell, and though I thought that was cool last season, I don't begrudge them for not doing it anymore.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Don't know if anyone here hadn't seen this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcMz9WYrXBU

Slow mo guys went to one of the tent segments of GT s2. Obviously no footage from inside the tent, but they talked a little bit about what the filming was like at around 11:00.

Butters wrote: »
    Only thing I've been disappointed with so far with GT is the soundtrack compared to Top Gear's. I miss Doves, The XX, and Radiohead bumper music. I love the intro though and definitely prefer it to that goofy Jessica remix.

I loved how often Amon Tobin's fantastic Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory soundtrack was used.

• dylmandylman Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed the Jaguar/Aston Martin film in the new episode, my favourite thing in the new series I think.

The GT is just ugh, gimme more, lol.