As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New to PAX but not Rocket League. Would like to try out the tournament when I'm there

celestial1157celestial1157 Registered User new member
Since it's played on PC, I'm assuming controllers are allowed for optimal play.
Are controllers provided or should I bring my controller and usb cable?

If I am attending solo, can I still sign up or do I need a team?

• Options
    BamfBamf Registered User new member
    I played in the tournament last year and controllers were provided. I believe you would be able to bring your own though if you prefer yours.

You do not need to sign up as a team AFAIK but if you sign up solo for a team event you may just be left waiting for a teammate. If you are really interested in this, it's best if you head to the PC area first thing when the doors open to put your name down.

You can also ask the event organizers that will be present nearby if you have concerns about finding a teammate. Everyone here has always been very accommodating and will surely help you out.

• Options
    celestial1157celestial1157 Registered User new member
    Follow up question: Since I do not play on PC I am unsure if this but, are Xbox One Elite controllers compatible with PC via USB cables? Or does it need to be a wired controller?

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Follow up question: Since I do not play on PC I am unsure if this but, are Xbox One Elite controllers compatible with PC via USB cables? Or does it need to be a wired controller?

Xbox One controllers are plug and play with PCs with the detachable USB cable. I use a normal Xbox One controller to play on PC.