As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    Having dealt with that objective in an in-person 6 player game, we came to the conclusion that it's best achieved with Imperial and a very short lived aggression. Fleet Logistics is super useful for it too.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Add two command tokens to Strategy, move one from Fleet to Tactics. Should be: 3/3/2.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Action cards dealt. I think it's just @MrBlarney for CC distribution then the agenda phase.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Cool, cool. Place 1 counter in each of Tactic Pool and Fleet Pool.

TP/FP/SP 3/5/2 --> 4/6/2

Let's Agenda!

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Round 5 - Agenda Phase

Map
    2UTYpTAm.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    Public
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP Creuss
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP Creuss Letnev L1z1x
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP Jol-Nar Letnev Winnu
    I- Erect a Monument - Spend 8 resources. 1 VP Letnev Jol-Nar Arborec L1z1x
    II- Manipulate Galactic Law- Spend 16 influence. 2 VP Jol-Nar
    II- Form Galactic Brain Trust- Control 5 planets with technology specialties. 2 VP
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Secret
    Letnev Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 3
    Elvenshae - 4
    Mojo - 5
    Hedgethorn - 5
    Brody - 4
    Preda - 3
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Player mats

MrBlarney
    7 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    1 claimed- Secrets of the Cosmos Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly. 1 VP.
    Creuss promissory: Cease Fire- After the Creuss player activates a system containing your units: The Creuss player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Creuss player
    pB1tBPd.png

Elvenshae
    5 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory: Cease Fire- After the L1z1x player activates a system containing your units: The L1z1x player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the L1z1x player
    Jol-Naw promissory: Research agreement- After the Jol-Nar player researches a technology, you may research the same technology. Then, return this note to the Jol-Nar player
    CXQlePi.png

Mojo
    5 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    Arborec promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the Arborec player replenishes commodities: the Arborec player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the Arborec player.
    Letnev promissory note: Political Secret- When an agenda is revealed: The Letnev player cannot vote, use action cards, or use faction abilities until after the agenda has been resolved. Then return this card to the Letnev player.
    qiP3zsi.png

Hedgethorn
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    (1 claimed) Become the gatekeeper - Have at least 1 ship in a system containing an alpha wormhole and at least 1 ship in a system containing a beta wormhole. 1 VP
    Crown of Emphidia - Law - A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    rPGSm42.png

Brody
    3 action cards
    0 secret objectives
    1 claimed secret objective
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    Vf4rf4U.png

Preda **Speaker**
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    1 claimed- Gather a Mighty Fleet - Have 5 dreadnoughts on the board. 1 VP
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    OFJ5kW6.png

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I forget - when does Sustained Damage go away?

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    During the Status Phase, unless you have Duranium Armor

Sorry, just waiting on a confirmation before we move on.

Forgot to update the map. It's the same just all the markers removed. Player mats should be up to date.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I'm missing my command counters too...

Gotta run and won't be back till tomorrow afternoon. Don't have time to tally up the votes but I'll present the first agenda.

Agenda Phase- First Agenda

Committee Formation- LAW- The elected player gains this card. Before players vote on an agenda in which a player must be elected, discard this card to elect the player of your choice. The agenda is not voted on.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Are there multiples of the Committee Formation agenda? Curious to see it again after I just played it last round.

edited January 2018
    Yeah, there should only be one copy of each agenda in the deck. So something went wrong. What did @Preda do with the Agenda deck scouting anyways? I don't remember seeing that.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    I kept both cards.

Oops. Looks like the last document save removing committee didn't take. Sending the correct agendas to Preda.

Sloppy week. Been doing a 4 hour commute through the worst traffic in the country. That ended today though!

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Oops. Looks like the last document save removing committee didn't take. Sending the correct agendas to Preda.

Sloppy week. Been doing a 4 hour commute through the worst traffic in the country. That ended today though!

You still have a job, as long as you still wanted it though, right?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Than both cards go to the bottom. Let ramdomness reign!

edited January 2018
    emporers-throne-room_guild_med.jpeg

Round 5: Agenda Phase

L1z1x- 10 votes
    Creuss- 7 votes
    Jol-Nar- 13 votes
    Arborec- 20 votes
    Letnev- 8 votes
    Winnu- 12 votes

1st agenda

Minister of Commerce

Elect Player

The elected player gains this card. After the owner of this card replenishes commodities, he gains 1 trade good for each player who is his neighbor.

24 hour negotiating period.

MrBody on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    @Hedgethorn you can have ten of my votes if you give me a TG when you cash that agenda in

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    @Mojo_Jojo you realize that this is a Law right, not a Directive? The elected player doesn't discard the title after it is 'cashed in'. It triggers any time its owner replenishes commodities, so it has a major effect on when the Trade strategy is selected and used. Granted, this being the end of Round 5, there's probably not more than a couple of rounds to make use of the ability. But the person elected can expect, let's say at least four Trade Goods as a net outcome? I'm a bit low on the vote count, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna pony up to go for it myself. In the meantime, I'm open for offers from others who want to go in on it.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited January 2018
    @Mojo_Jojo I'd give you a TG when I replenish commodities for 10 votes.

Hedgethorn on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I did not realise this was every time. Thanks for pointing that out

@Hedgethorn sorry, I need to revise the offer to one TG each time you refresh

Not particularly interested. My votes are up for sale.

I am interested in buying votes. 1 TG for 7 votes, or 2 TG at a later date for 12.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Ugh, I want to go for this one, but the Jol-Nar and Arborec voting bloc is just way too strong and I'd have to put in way too many deals to take the agenda. At least we can rely on Letnev-Winnu to try and pull some of their votes away from the second agenda? I can throw in a couple of votes if you two can work some kind of conditional deal out.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    I'm always open to significantly better offers

My argument is that Arborec already has a lead in that they have a VP that no else gets, unless they manage to take Arborec's home world. We should avoid regularly feeding them more.

I will give the three of you a TG each for 7 votes each. That will keep the law out of Arborec's hands, and leave enough votes on the table to make a push in any direction on the next agenda.

That's not at all as good as what I'm hoping Hedgethorn will agree to. No thanks.

Do you have a counter offer?

You're asking a lot, @Mojo_Jojo. Given that I'll only get ~2-3 trade goods per use, I'm not sure that 1 TG every refresh is a price I can pay.

@hedgethorn Currently you'd get 4 trade goods per use. To decrease that to 2-3 would take a radical board shift. It looks more likely it would increase to the full five from my position.

@brody given your position and those super dreadnaughts you'd gain enormously from a TG income. I basically need a material way to make sure you don't plan on pointing them at me

@Brody I'm game. I Might be even game for 11 votes for one TG now and free commodity refresh.

I'll be blasted off Mecatol on the very next turn, and I don't predict my lone Cruiser and Destroyer will be hanging out in that Alpha wormhole for much longer, now that I've scored my secret objective. 2 TG from a refresh is far more likely than 5 ever will be.

@Preda, what could I offer for your 12 votes (or some subset of them)?

@Mojo_Jojo The second most militarily capable player is sitting between us. I'm really not going to waste resources, and open myself to Hedgethorn, to score a couple of cheap hits against you. Also, super dreadnoughts is Blarney, not your friendly neighborhood Letnev. We don't build super weapons.

@Preda depending on how this vote goes, I'd rather a couple votes get saved in case something ridiculous flips next, and the table needs to sway is allocation.

edited January 2018
    Oh, I had you confused.

@brody I'll do 7votes for 1TG

Mojo_Jojo on
    I'm flattered to be referred to as the "second most militarily capable player" and the object of worry, but I hope everyone recognizes how close Jol-Nar is to running away with this game. He has at least 2 public objectives that he's already met and just not claimed yet (the two technology objectives). Depending on what secret objectives he's holding, he may be able to claim victory within two rounds.

Gosh, if only someone had warned everyone about the threat of the science fishes a round or two ago, before some plant people decided to mess up someone else’s plans ...

Hurtful lies the lot of it.

Pumping VP out of Metacol Rex is the way you overtake the objective board and I'm not in a position to try and get hold of it

... you don't need it.

Hrm, we might need a refactoring of how Secret Objectives have been documented. Letnev's is with the Public Objective list, while everyone else's are with their race sheets. I noticed something else about the Agenda, that the Minister of Commerce needs their commodities replenished in order to get their bonus Trade Goods. So I suppose that means that whomever holds Trade is less likely to give a free refresh, and that the Minister of Commerce will need to keep extra Strategy Pool tokens...

@Brody: The offer's a bit steep, but I'll take the 1 TG for 7 votes if you're still offering. I'll put my vote orders in once a formal transaction has been offered.

4463rwiq7r47.png