As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Given in and ordered the other two Shadespire factions already.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am going to wait till the other Chaos one comes out before I pull for the game and things
    To see what it is and so on

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Shadespire is a great game. I want all the stuff for the cards. The Ironjawz have a ton of good cards for my Khorne.

Plus the tournament support looks to be excellent in future, which as a store is something I have been asking for some time.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    A bit disappointed that you need the base set for various useful/essential neutral objective cards. Makes it less easy to convince my friends to just pick up a team and play with me

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    That said i did just pick up the Ironjawz and are eager to try them out. Any strategy tips on how to play them?

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    1. Run at things
    2. Hit them really hard
    3. Goto 1

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Dayspring wrote: »
    That said i did just pick up the Ironjawz and are eager to try them out. Any strategy tips on how to play them?

I bought Shadespire and was accidently sent the Ironjaws instead of the undead but why is their armor yellow? and orcs wearing armor?

• Options
    Black Orcs (Ard Boyz now) have been a thing in warhammer forever.
    The yellow scheme is new for AoS, but Bad Moons in 40k have been rocking the yellow ork look.

• Options
    I know that but a lot of stuff in AoS is just odd to me with no place to find out what's up

• Options
    Yeah, I guess you need to buy the novels to get the full AoS background, although theres a bit in the “codexes”.
    My favourite part of the Ironjawz background is that their giant boar cavalry sometimes eat enemies while still wearing their armour, then poop out the crushed up armour, which the orcs call Pig-Iron, which is very GW and i love it

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    The Ironjawz Battletome is a treat.

Like how their battalions (called "fists") only ever have up to 10 units involved because warbosses can't count any higher. And then a side note about how there's rumors of shoeless warbosses with bigger battalions but those are just rumors.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    If Orks don't wear armor they'll never make it to the end zone!!

kZteXch.jpg

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Played shadespire a couple weeks ago and was highly impressed. Slick and fast paced. Would play again.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Yeah, I guess you need to buy the novels to get the full AoS background, although theres a bit in the “codexes”.
    My favourite part of the Ironjawz background is that their giant boar cavalry sometimes eat enemies while still wearing their armour, then poop out the crushed up armour, which the orcs call Pig-Iron, which is very GW and i love it
    The Ironjawz Battletome is a treat.

Like how their battalions (called "fists") only ever have up to 10 units involved because warbosses can't count any higher. And then a side note about how there's rumors of shoeless warbosses with bigger battalions but those are just rumors.

I was looking on you tube and found people explaining the lore of AoS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSNjF-JOwvc

A more long winded explanation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyPzYwwAm0I

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    speaking of Skaven and Cheese.......I've got a tournament tomorrow, 1500pts, Battlehost Rules

This is the list I'm bringing
    Allegiance: Skaven Skryre
    Packmaster (80)
    - Herding Whip & Blade
    - Allies
    Packmaster (80)
    - Shock-Prod
    - Allies
    Arch Warlock (140)
    - General
    - Artefact: Esoteric Warp Resonator
    - Trait: Overseer of Destruction
    20 x Skryre Acolytes (240)
    3 x Stormfiends (300)
    3 x Stormfiends (300)
    1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
    Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1500 / 2000
    Allies: 160 / 400

Luckily for me, but unluckily for pictures, there's no painting requirement, because only 10 of the Skryre Acolytes are painted, and the Arch Warlock is mostly basecoated....I really need to get on that...but I hate painting!!!!

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
  • Options
    After all the many many Death Guard releases, I’m pretty sick of Nurgle.
    Lol gettit

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I find myself thorougly uninterested in all these Malign Portent teaser videos.

Gimme something concrete and I'll watch it.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    I find myself thorougly uninterested in all these Malign Portent teaser videos.

Gimme something concrete and I'll watch it.

Well I hope you're ready because there's some more Stormcast Eternals for you!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/01/malign-portents-orders-champion-revealed/

• Options
    I thought Tommy Weiseau was the order champion?
    This guy is pretty cool but ehhhhh more stormcast.
    Gimme dem Aelves already

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I'm not that enthusiastic about more Nurgle stuff being released; ideally I'd like to see Skaven but would like to see what AoS has done to elves, gobbos or even normal humans.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    I'm not that enthusiastic about more Nurgle stuff being released; ideally I'd like to see Skaven but would like to see what AoS has done to elves, gobbos or even normal humans.

Yeah, in waiting on Skaven for sure.

Worth noting that in their new "Guide to the Mortal Realms" video, they show all the planes of existence, and when they talk about the "four chaos God's trying to corrupt everything" they conspicuously show the symbols of Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle, and the Great Horned Rat

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    There's a part of me still shocked at just how much I prefer the look of the Stormcast without those bloody masks on.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Burnage wrote: »
    There's a part of me still shocked at just how much I prefer the look of the Stormcast without those bloody masks on.

The other day I got some bare heads in the mail I'm going to put on the Shadespire sigmarines.

• Options
    Am I taking crazy pills? That was my favorite thing about Stormcasts, I thought they were basically sentient suits of armor, or at the very least some sort of inhuman agender being slotted into some armor

and then, while I'm not complaining about this at all, them simultaneously releasing stormcasts without helmets and obviously lady stormcasts broke that notion and I became less interested

I don't know, maybe I am crazy, but reading the initial lore about the Stormcasts, about how they were the bravest mortal souls, chosen by Sigmar to be reforged into his elite army I just kind of assumed they were some kind of magical golems and I was super into it

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Am I taking crazy pills? That was my favorite thing about Stormcasts, I thought they were basically sentient suits of armor, or at the very least some sort of inhuman agender being slotted into some armor

and then, while I'm not complaining about this at all, them simultaneously releasing stormcasts without helmets and obviously lady stormcasts broke that notion and I became less interested

I don't know, maybe I am crazy, but reading the initial lore about the Stormcasts, about how they were the bravest mortal souls, chosen by Sigmar to be reforged into his elite army I just kind of assumed they were some kind of magical golems and I was super into it

I'd be fine if they were golems. I just think the specific design of their helmets looks kind of stupid.

E.g., this looks much better to me than the stock head;

156f92cd25fd7534ed453e9b9551365d--space-marine-hobby.jpg

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I thought the same thing when I saw them, like they were bodyless suits of magic armor or something, moved entirely by the will of the warrior whose soul was revived by Sigmar after death to fight again.

Seeing them without helmets just makes them look like normal humans wearing normal (if particularly ornate) armor, and that really kills the pizazz for me.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I also imagined them as basically armor filled with lightning. I guess they still turn into lightning when they die though.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

I'd be fine if they were golems. I just think the specific design of their helmets looks kind of stupid.

E.g., this looks much better to me than the stock head;

156f92cd25fd7534ed453e9b9551365d--space-marine-hobby.jpg

Really remembering what the Bretonnian had over the last couple of months has been a sad search
    I got some of their models just to paint over the epoch
    They were a colourful fun looking army in a sea of grey and brown the rest had

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I don't necessarily mind the hatless Stormcast, but I too thought they were just magical lightning armour brought back from the dead to murderise Chaos, I guess that's what I get for not reading the books.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    The idea of Stormcast as the Warhammer version of einherjar does seem a lot cooler than just magically augmented humans. Turns out they really are Sigmarines after all.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Well, after they've died enough it's entirely possible that they become insane suits of armor full of living lightning. It's just that none have died enough yet. A recurring theme of the Realmgate Wars novels is the reforging and subsequent loss of humanity and memories it causes. I kind of like them more than I would living suits of armor, personally.

Now the Kharadron Overlords ... I desperately wanted them to be Dwarven-made automatons that were a splinter faction that wasn't super happy with fleshy Dwarves. They could have even been living golems with the memories of dead Dwarves or something. I think a lot of cool stories could have come out of that. Dwarves in armor is kind bland.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I think they're still made of lightning, even though under the armor they look like flesh and blood people. I like to imagine that if they get cut, like, glowing blue blood that crackles with little electrical arcs spills out, and when they get a mortal wound they blow apart and a bolt of lightning blasts skywards back to Azyrheim for reforging.

Its like the reverse of daemons - daemons are made of energy that takes physical form that bleeds and oozes and everything but ultimately when you finally slay them they dissolve back into pure energy. Same deal with the Stormcast.

Also that reminds me, I love the fact that if a Chaos Warrior with even the tiniest of redeeming qualities, even something like bravery of fortitude, is killed by a Stormcast, there's a chance that Chaos Warrior's soul will be snatched from the Chaos Gods by Sigmar and become a Stormcast themselves. Chaos' most terrible powers has been its ability to corrupt and subvert its enemies into serving it, and its unkillable daemon armies. Now the good guys can do they same things.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Oh, hurr. This is clearly where I should be asking this question:

Can someone explain to me in a general way whether I can buy the Flesh-Eater Courts box, then later beef it out with a bunch of cool ghosts and skeletons and regular vampires should I want to set a bunch of money on fire?

I don't have any real background in Fantasy though I'm an occasional Eldar guy over in 40k; it looks like the Death faction inherited most of the big crazy-looking models I actually enjoy painting.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    In open or narrative play you can do whatever you want. If you want to do matched play (points) then you get to use certain units as Battleline (think Troops in 40k) if you keep to a single faction such as Flesh-Eater Courts. You can also take a portion of your points as Allies from other Death factions without breaking that.

If you don't want certain units as Battleline you can just say your army is going Death allegiance and take whatever Death units you want.

Flesh-Eater Courts are super fun and have some of the coolest fluff in AoS.

• Options
    So this is a dumb question
    With AOS are the armies you buy in the start collecting playable on the table right out of the box {yes I am aware you have to put them together first}

• Options

@Auralynx they've just announced a new Battletome (codex) for Legions of Nagash so might be worth waiting a week or two to see what new models they release if you're into the Death faction.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So this is a dumb question
    With AOS are the armies you buy in the start collecting playable on the table right out of the box {yes I am aware you have to put them together first}

I believe all of the start collecting boxes are intended to work like that, more or less, ie. they contain at least one hero and two battleline units, more or less.
    I wouldn't say they're all necessarily very good if played straight out of the box, but you could do it I think, yes.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Courtesy of Siege Studios on facebook:
    26167603_1318185128328020_5578447131717798547_n.jpg?oh=80a5917d6fb751d9d6153a2e54302cee&oe=5AB71A05

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    Auralynx they've just announced a new Battletome (codex) for Legions of Nagash so might be worth waiting a week or two to see what new models they release if you're into the Death faction.

Practically, the consideration's driven in some part by what's on shelves at the FLGS, but noted. There is clearly a rad ghost knight coming from the current Malign Portents previews, but I'm more into the Vargheists and the big crazy ghoul dudes as far as what's in the range.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

This discussion has been closed.