As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Get 2018 [chat]ted off right

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    @Shivahn
    If you need it edited let me know!

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    White noise video on YouTube hit by five copyright claims
    Okay you ruined it for everyone, no more copyright

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    those babies really got that bro hug pat on the back thing down

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Ludious wrote: »
    People who paste pictures into word documents and use word to resize the photo and then email
    that document in place of a picture should be sent to solitary for 20 years.

What is the punishment for plotting things in excel, pasting the chart into word, sending only the word file, and then hiding the source data?

VishNub on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    White noise video on YouTube hit by five copyright claims
    Okay you ruined it for everyone, no more copyright
    Goddamn it Disney.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Aioua wrote: »
    "suck a fuck" is a good insult because
    1. rhymes
    2. not gendered or implying homophobia
    3. inherently baffling
    “Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!” is also good

wandering on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    which one is the original and which one is the copy
    this is a mystery that baffles me, much like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu0qtEwb9gE

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    @Shivahn
    If you need it edited let me know!

I know nothing about the field, but I may as well spend the time I spend on [chat] doing something actually helpful.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    People who paste pictures into word documents and use word to resize the photo and then email

I want to say "do people actually do this" but I know the answer

This is way worse than googling Google

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

We have people here who send out these as publisher documents.

some stupid youtuber has an imdb page with all of their youtube videos listed but ron livingston's opus magnum isn't listed on his imdb page
    smdh

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    1. rhymes
    3. inherently baffling

you however aioua can continue to suck my DICK >:0

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    U3dgLNc.jpg
    0LsyXMx.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

What is the punishment for plotting things in excel, pasting the chart into word, sending only the word file, and then hiding the source data?

ritual scarification with a white hot knife

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    1. rhymes
    3. inherently baffling

>:o

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

I want to say "do people actually do this" but I know the answer

This is way worse than googling Google

I've seen shit you wouldn't believe, man

Jubal77 wrote: »

My work email has an irritating low mailbox cap of like 500mb. Which is about the size of one email from someone who is moving out, wanting to sell their shit, taking pictures of all their shit, pasting the full res files into a word doc, then sending the word file to EVERYONE at the university. Which happens at least three times a day.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

You get promoted to SVP of planning? At least that's been my experience.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    yo Ked, izzat a self portrait as yer av?

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I was troubleshooting an e-mail problem a customer had and I wanted to do some testing on my phone. The Pixel 2 has GMail built in, but no e-mail app, so I downloaded Outlook for Android.

OH MY GOD it is useless for troubleshooting.

I was able to set up the account automatically, but I couldn't access ANY server settings for testing. Or even to make sure it's using the right servers.

If I tried to set up the account manually, it offered no options for port or security settings, so the outgoing settings couldn't complete. To make matters worse, every time the setup failed, it cleared ALL the information so I had to put incoming and outgoing information in every time before I realized it was never going to work.

Android integration for exchange blows.

The best Android app for Exchange email I've found is Nine (aka Nine Folders).

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    1. rhymes
    3. inherently baffling

>:o

hey keddy boy whats up hows NYC you studying hard for the bar my boy

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    I got mad at a troll last night on overwatch and told them to suck my clit. I have no idea why that issued forth from my fingers. It's not my usual MO, honestly. I tend to wish curses upon them that are varying degrees of terrible. I really don't know how to feel about it. I'm sure it was problematic but it just happened in the heat of the moment.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I should hate that building, Abdhy, but I love it

Also, posting in the last few pages of my [chat] so that the robot has the opportunity to make the right choice

Although I'm currently noticing this thread HAS NO EXPIRATION TIMER

1000 YEARS NARWHAL [chat]!

My work email has an irritating low mailbox cap of like 500mb. Which is about the size of one email from someone who is moving out, wanting to sell their shit, taking pictures of all their shit, pasting the full res files into a word doc, then sending the word file to EVERYONE at the university. Which happens at least three times a day.

We have a special broadcast list where pretty much anyone in the tribe can get things broadcast out to the entire employee email. Needless to say it causes us issues with our email storage. Especially since they will sometimes do the picture word, publisher etc option rather than use the nice instructions we gave them to save the file properly for distribution.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The thread doesn't even have phasers set for Trump.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    holy fuck this lady can sing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul-OGEKldoI

@wandering i think is a hedwig fan?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Doodmann wrote: »

You get promoted to SVP of planning? At least that's been my experience.

Well the person in question got a faculty position, so pretty much yeah.

Feral wrote: »
    I was troubleshooting an e-mail problem a customer had and I wanted to do some testing on my phone. The Pixel 2 has GMail built in, but no e-mail app, so I downloaded Outlook for Android.

I was able to set up the account automatically, but I couldn't access ANY server settings for testing. Or even to make sure it's using the right servers.

If I tried to set up the account manually, it offered no options for port or security settings, so the outgoing settings couldn't complete. To make matters worse, every time the setup failed, it cleared ALL the information so I had to put incoming and outgoing information in every time before I realized it was never going to work.

I will check it out.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    1. rhymes
    3. inherently baffling

* Reminds people of what is was like to young in the early 00s and think Donnie Darko was a masterpiece

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

I will check it out.

There's a demo but the full version isn't free, sadly

1. rhymes
    3. inherently baffling

* Reminds people of what is was like to young in the early 00s and think Donnie Darko was a masterpiece

That movie was fucking dumb.

edited January 2018

I will check it out.

There's a demo but the full version isn't free, sadly

Well if anything perhaps we can integrate Android a bit more into our enterprise. People have been wanting it but we had standardized around iphones a long while ago. After BES went under at last.

Jubal77 on
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    1. rhymes
    3. inherently baffling

>_>

<_>

Biiiiiiiiiiiiitch

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    OH MAN not only did Netflix bring FMA: Brotherhood back, but they FINALLY have the last dozen episodes!

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I should hate that building, Abdhy, but I love it

Also, posting in the last few pages of my [chat] so that the robot has the opportunity to make the right choice

Although I'm currently noticing this thread HAS NO EXPIRATION TIMER

1000 YEARS NARWHAL [chat]!

it looks super cozy inside

4a0b4940-bab4-4ea0-a22f-9265bf11affc?fit=crop&q=80&w=2048

and their terrace is huge for if there ever is a summer's day without too much wind

(which is going to be rare. This is on the very appropriately named island of Værlandet, the weather land.)

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Bogart. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    OH MAN not only did Netflix bring FMA: Brotherhood back, but they FINALLY have the last dozen episodes!

I like the weird direction the original FMA went, Brotherhood is pretty standard kill god anime trash.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    Henroid wrote: »
    when i watched fma:b on netflix i didn't realize they were missing the last season so I spend the last couple of episodes of the penultimate season wondering how are they going to bring this to a satisfying conclusion in time

This discussion has been closed.