As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'll just [chat] this if I have to

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    If it was -40F you'd really be in trouble

it'll be -30F with the windchill tomorrow and the next day here.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    i like that cabana bar area of the backyard pool park picture

Bless your heart.
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Kelly also superimposed text from the in-universe book The Philosophy of Time Travel, providing an explanation for some of the more ambiguous elements of the film's plot.

dc32.jpg

donniedarko2_1106604518.jpg

Kelly was being kept down by his editors who just couldn't understand his need to explain all, and provide helpful quotes about the Tangent Vortex to viewers. He had to go his own way.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Watching the latest Movie Bob thing and he mentions 'Nixonian authoritarianism'.

... what did Nixon do to get that title?

A LOT of the "super tough on crime!" stuff came from the Nixon administration.

Oh. That. I thought Bob meant real authoritarianism.

Nixon was definitely an authoritarian.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i go through the trouble to indicate Celsius for you fuckers with your antiquated system, and i always get mocked for this policy when it's -40

instead, you should be compassionate toward me for living in a place that regularly hits that temperature

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Actually looking at the simpsons wiki I guess skinner is a Vietnam Vet. I just vaguely remembered that he was an imposter

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    i go through the trouble to indicate Celsius for you fuckers with your antiquated system, and i always get mocked for this policy when it's -40

instead, you should be compassionate toward me for living in a place that regularly hits that temperature

I'm sorry you live in Canada.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Kelvins. The one true scale.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    i started singing in the office
    I got 45 problems
    45 issues
    45 reasons
    for kicking your ass.

Bless your heart.
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Watching the latest Movie Bob thing and he mentions 'Nixonian authoritarianism'.

He may have also been referencing Watchmen. Where alternate Nixon had some other stuff going on.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    e4i4inbfd20n.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Kelvins. The one true scale.

Kelvin sounds like the name of a bro. It might as well be named Chads.

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Actually looking at the simpsons wiki I guess skinner is a Vietnam Vet. I just vaguely remembered that he was an imposter

every facet of skinner's life is a lie to cover up another lie to impress superintendent chalmers

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    Chad Kelvin, brogrammer

you probably shouldnt do kids and teens

Bless your heart.
    TTODewback wrote: »

and if you're gonna do kids and teens i don't think you need to get redundant by emphasizing later that you do children

Arch,
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

and if you're gonna do kids and teens i don't think you need to get redundant by emphasizing later that you do children

what about doogie howser?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    The (R) ruins the flow of that sign.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

every facet of skinner's life is a lie to cover up another lie to impress superintendent chalmers

The episode where they do the skinner imposter thing is widely considered one of the worst things that happened to the show and marks a major sign of it's slipping.

He is an imposter to a vietnam vet heh. When the real skinner showed up he was kind of a prick and so the town banished him and put the fake one back in place.

every facet of skinner's life is a lie to cover up another lie to impress Super Nintendo chalmers

Fixed.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

As I recall from the end of that episode, the penalty for bringing this up is exile by catapult.

Get in the catapult, wandering.

in this studio we do sex
    in this studio we do fucking
    in this studio we do hanky panky
    in this studio we do board game night
    in this studio we do coitus

Arch,
    in this studio we do pop pop
    in this studio we DO pop pop

Arch,
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Creating a rogue is perk city it turns out. Starting at lvl 5 and I filled out the whole features & traits box of the char sheet.

PSN: Honkalot
    Aegis wrote: »
    The (R) ruins the flow of that sign.

Zumbar

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    i wanna do fitnees

vRyue2p.png
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    @BeNarwhal

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/05/asia/china-tiangong-1-return-to-earth-intl/index.html
    China's Tiangong-1 space lab was billed as a potent symbol of the country's rise when it launched in 2011.
    Now, the lab is out of control and expected to crash-land on Earth by the end of March -- posing a minuscule risk to humans but inflicting a blot on the nation's bold push to become a space superpower.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Taking a German V-25 destroyer out for a spin.

vu4bgfxcilaj.png

That sign just fits my theory that all such lists have to have at least one bizarre thing.

In this house,
    We believe in love
    We believe in laughter
    We believe in forgiveness
    We believe in eating dinner together
    We believe that GMOs are a Zionist conspiracy
    We believe in sharing our feelings

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    i mean, (((they))) are feminizing our food to turn us into soyboys

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    BeNarwhal

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/05/asia/china-tiangong-1-return-to-earth-intl/index.html
    China's Tiangong-1 space lab was billed as a potent symbol of the country's rise when it launched in 2011.
    Now, the lab is out of control and expected to crash-land on Earth by the end of March -- posing a minuscule risk to humans but inflicting a blot on the nation's bold push to become a space superpower.

@Trace

Their first effort, and that's obviously a little embarrassing, but launches this year are meant to take place to start work on its ISS-like successor.

Hopefully it has better luck with its on-orbit control systems >_>

I mean imagine instead of saying "its butt ass cold outside... -40 degrees!" you say "Its 233 Kelvins. Could be worse."

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

P(((10)))

I ate an engineer
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    What does a mobile device management program do? My company wants me to install one on my iphone, but they are going to give me a stipend to do it.

• ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

He did. Nixon had a quite a lot of authoritarian tendencies. Various attacks on the media ranging from having Herb Klein deliver the message that if the Press didn't control themselves, the Government would step in. You have Spiro Agnew sent on a series of speeches to attack the media. The Justice Department demanding that reporters turn over confidential sources and putting journalists in jail when they refused. You have the White House Plumbers trying to dig up dirt on journalists to discrete them and them becoming the black bag portion of the Committee to Reelect the President and getting caught in Watergate.

If you really wanna do a deep dive into it, the Nixon tapes are a fascinating look into the man. If you want the short simple sound bite, to quote Nixon, "It's not illegal if the President does it."

edited January 2018
    zepherin wrote: »
    What does a mobile device management program do? My company wants me to install one on my iphone, but they are going to give me a stipend to do it.

It depends on which one you are using and how they use it. Some lock the phone down to the policy that is given from the centralized server. App restrictions and the like. Some just auto install and configure required applications and the like. Most have a tracking of the phones following of these policies and will alert the central server if you are out of policy.

Jubal77 on
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

s o y b o y z

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That tagline is misleading if you trust wikipedia - the intended lifespan was 2 years and the last time they were in the lab was 2013 as planned. And so it's deorbiting as intended.

PSN: Honkalot
This discussion has been closed.