As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo] announces Taiko No Tatsujin for the switch

WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
edited March 2018 in Social Entropy++
There's a Nintendo Direct reportedly scheduled for the 15th, in which we will hear nothing about a Super Mario Sunshine Remaster, so who cares????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KotSwIoSOK8

also there's another mario out and it's fine, i guess

talk about your switches and how excited you are to not be playing metroid prime 4 on them when that game gets cancelled quietly

WeedLordVegeta on

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    the real reason i made this thread is because one of the best mario sunshine speedrunners is starting to have a big go at Odyssey, and is streaming a no reset run right now

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Odyssey speedruns are really exciting, and not just because there's a category called Nipple%

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

That broodal bossfight is way tougher than you think it would be

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I didn't realize the Direct's date had been announced, awesome

Also Sunshine was really good but Galaxy and Odyssey are better

Especially Galaxy

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Boy I sure wish I’d get paid for my freelance work on a timely basis so I could buy a dang Switch!!!

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    There's lotsa good indies on this here Switch

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    How the hell does Disc Golf work in Golf Story? It's confounding me.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    6F32U1X.png
  • Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    the boss rematches in Odyssey are legit difficult.

$15 Zelda-like? Sounds fuckin' good to me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Interesting, the colors are reversed from the Japanese release and the Walmart bundle. So you could get all pink and all green.

Mx. Quill on
    They did that with the red/blue ones at launch too. It's a good move and a savvy way to help push people who were considering getting them over the edge

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Boy I sure wish I’d get paid for my freelance work on a timely basis so I could buy a dang Switch!!!

The trick is to pitch a peice on the switch and have the company buy it for you

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular

Interesting, the colors are reversed from the Japanese release and the Walmart bundle. So you could get all pink and all green.

Huh, the pair here are backwards too - mine are green left and pink right.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    tumblr_p221v3FKKT1ugm5xuo1_540.jpg
    tumblr_p221v3FKKT1ugm5xuo2_540.jpg

http://guilherme-rm.tumblr.com/

Look at this criminal

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Rumor going around that Grezzo is doing a Link’s Awakening remake for 3DS to be released within six months and announced at the upcoming Direct

Supposedly they are adding BOTW elements, the gameplay will be somewhat open world

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Rumor going around that Grezzo is doing a Link’s Awakening remake for 3DS to be released within six months and announced at the upcoming Direct

Supposedly they are adding BOTW elements, the gameplay will be somewhat open world

Huh, as someone who likes BOTW that sounds... Not great? I dunno, it could be done well. Why not just make a new game rather than try and shoehorn in open-world stuff to a game that doesn't need it?

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Huh, as someone who likes BOTW that sounds... Not great? I dunno, it could be done well. Why not just make a new game rather than try and shoehorn in open-world stuff to a game that doesn't need it?

Maybe it is a new game? Maybe it’s less a remake and more A Koholint Between Worlds

Maybe it is a new game? Maybe it’s less a remake and more A Koholint Between Worlds

Oh well done

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    @WeedLordVegeta I don't think that Direct for the 11th has been officially confirmed yet, at least I saw nothing on NoA's twitter about it

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    I don't know what "open world" elements for a top-down 2D game would even mean but a LBW treatment for Link's Awakening would rule

cdci44qazyo3.gif

I need to adjust the date because it was the 15th in a leaked EA internal document but you're right in that there's no official confirmation

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    Given that a huge chunk of BotW was originally designed as a top-down 2D game? I'm totally down to see what they think a BotW-inspired game should look like on 3DS.

Link's Awakening has one of the most compact game worlds in the series. Nintendo's remakes are at their best when they do interesting things that differentiate the remake just enough not to obsolete the original. It's just crazy enough to work.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I still want that sorta-tech demo of the original Zelda with BotW's environmental stuff to be a real 2D Zelda.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Things I want from the direct:

FE Switch announcement (More for @Janson than for me)
    DQXI Switch coming to the West
    Smash Bros Switch?
    Some more western RPGs coming to the Switch. I know Wasteland 2 is coming for it, but maybe, I dunno, Pillars of Eternity?

I admit some of the desire for western games on the Switch is for the sheer novelty of having something like an Infinity Engine-ass game on the Switch.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I just want Smash and something about VC

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Octopath Traveller demo 2

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    I feel like BotW's open world only worked well because of how well-realized the landscape was and how good it felt to move around in it. In a top-down 2D format you don't get any of that, so you're just left with a big empty open world with nothing to do. The 2D version of BotW would have been boring as sin.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Shorty wrote: »
    I just want Smash and something about VC

Oh yeah, VC stuff would be nice. I'm always down to rebuy Super Mario World and not play it.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I got an SNES classic so there aren't many things I'd get on VC, but I still want the option, and it's bound to eventually have more titles than the classic

A cool thing to do would be to officially release translated versions of some of the JRPGs that game to SNES in Japan but not to the west. Live-A-Life, Bahamut Lagoon, etc.

gimme fuckin' Terranigma

There's already an fe confirmed for development on switch mori

A cool thing to do would be to officially release translated versions of some of the JRPGs that game to SNES in Japan but not to the west. Live-A-Life, Bahamut Lagoon, etc.

Seiken Densetsu Collection, please.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

So like can I get this on switch? Because I haven't had a 3DS since june.

The BoW elements probably mean it'll be third person and the dungeon order will be removed. Maybe a total map redesign? They could toss epona in there too if its gonna use their OoT engine.

I'm down for this.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Oh wait in the Ocarina 3DS engine?

Fuck, nevermind that's a terrible idea

cdci44qazyo3.gif

We don't know it's that engine
    we don't even know it's happening at all

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    My wild guess is something Pokemon related is going to be announced, even if it's minor. I feel like it's too early to even get a name for the Switch RPG, but a port of Coliseum or the modern TCG would be nice.

Also Youtube/Netflix, please.

There's already an fe confirmed for development on switch mori

I know, I just mean an announcement of what it is about and when it will come out.

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    We don't know it's that engine
    we don't even know it's happening at all

Well sure, obviously I'm commenting on the rumor. Studio that did the 3D Zelda ports on 3DS is probably working in that same engine

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.