As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 2018 Webcrumblics Thread

CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knowshow I feelRegistered User regular
edited January 2018 in Social Entropy++
Webcrumblics
  • Alice and the Nightmare
    Alice Heart's perfect world is turned on its head when she unwittingly stumbles upon the true heir to the Wonderland throne on her first magical internship journey to Earth.
  • Atomic Robo
    The life story of the robot Tesla built in 1923. Spoiler: there's a lot of explosions.
  • Balderdash
    Two hopeful witch girls move to a small town in the midst of political change to live, work, and make themselves a new home.
  • Blaster Nation
    The adorable, sexy, or just plain creepy stories of several obsessive nerds sharing the same city.
  • Blindsprings
    Blindsprings is about a young witch named Tammy who finds herself in the middle of a rebellion against the Academic Mages.
  • Broodhollow
    When encyclopedia salesman Wadsworth Zane receives a letter about an inheritance in the quaint town of Broodhollow, he thinks his luck might finally be turning around. But are a series of supernatural encounters a figment of his maddening obsessive disorder, or something more?
  • Clique Refresh
    A love letter to the Internet. Clique Refresh tells the story of Ellie Cleary and her dream to achieve greatness and the aspirations of those closest to her.
  • Devil's Candy
    This is the tale of Scarlet Crown's Pride and of Hemlock Heart where prejudice is decried. Although these events seem like a dreadful ride, the devils of the world always take them in stride. Yet there is one girl who may turn the tide...
  • Dumbing of Age
    Dumbing of Age is about college freshmen in a co-ed dorm at Indiana University, starring a Christian homeschooled girl and her atheist best friend.
  • Go Get a Roomie (NSFW)
    This webcomic follows the wild adventures of an upbeat hippie, living her life in love and joy. (And beer and sex.)
  • Harpy Gee
    An elf, a witch, a knight, a prince, and an item shop! Adventures, potatoes, and a magical cat that barfs weapons!
  • Jerkcity
    Jerkcity is a daily comic strip featuring the adventures of deuce, pants, rands and spigot.
  • Johnny Wander
    Johnny Wander might be about life after college, being a kid, growing up and all the people you meet and all the things that happen in that brave new world. Or it might be about something else entirely.
  • Junior Scientist Power Hour
    Junior Scientist Power Hour was created while Abby was in school studying Evolutionary Biology, drawing comics instead of studying or doing her homework. It is about a great many things, some of them may even be funny!
  • Kiw Blitz
    Kiwi Blitz is what happens when you combine mecha anime and superhero comics, and throw in a dose of unexpected reality.
  • Let's Speak English
    Let's Speak English covers Mary Cagle's adventures teaching English at an elementary school in rural Japan.
  • The Lonely Vincent Bellingham
    Vincent Bellingham is looking for an excuse to disappear, and what's a better excuse than staying with a mysterious vampire and her two monstrous children?
  • Manly Guys Doing Manly Things
    Manly Guys is a weekly comic celebrating the finer things in life. Like manly men, lumberjacks, and time traveling special ops agents.
  • Mare Internum
    Mare Internum is a science fiction webcomic about the isolated inhabitants of the planet Mars.
  • Monsterkind
    Wallace Foster, a young, bright eyed, human social worker, has his entire world view rocked when he's suddenly relocated into a city primarily inhabited by monsters.
  • Monster Pulse
    Monster Pulse is a nostalgic coming-of-age adventure about kids with fighting monster pets--monster pets that are literally a part of them. When you're fighting beside your own disembodied heart, things start to get a bit strange...
  • Namesake
    There's ghosts at your heels and fairy tale worlds ahead. What do you do? Jump down the rabbit hole!
  • Never Satisfied
    Apprentice magicians compete for the honor of representing their city to the king, but is that really what's most important?
  • Paranatural
    Paranatural is the story of a bunch of kids and a handful of weird adults dealing with supernatural creatures and crises in a small lakeside town.
  • Prague Race
    Leona finds out she's got a deadly magical parasite from another world. Now she's got one year left to live her life to the fullest.
  • The Rock Cocks (NSFW)
    After losing everything, Steg the drummer and Suria the guitarist decide to take their punk rock band on the road.
  • Skullkickers
    In Skullkickers, two hard-headed mercenaries kill monsters and cause havoc in their search for money, fame and adventure.
  • Sleepless Domain
    Sleepless Domain is a comic about an isolated city in the middle of a dangerous world filled with monsters. During the day, the city is perfectly safe. At night, however, the populace locks themselves inside as the city streets fill with monsters. The only ones who can combat these creatures are very special girls with the power to transform into Magical Girls!
  • Solstoria
    A girl wishes to become a knight after her brother goes missing in order to unravel the mystery of their world and his disappearance.
  • Spinnerette
    Spider-powered superhero comedy about Ohio's number three hero!
  • Stand Still Stay Silent
    A postapocalyptic adventure story set in the Nordic countries a few generations after the end of the world. A small, poorly financed research crew is sent out to rediscover whatever is left of the forbidden old world in the south.
  • Supernormal Step
    Superheroes, magic, monsters, and robots. The story of a girl trapped in another dimension and trying to punch her way out.
  • Three Panel Soul
    A comic that discusses the philosophical concept of the soul, in three panel installments.
  • Unsounded (NSFW)
    Daughter of the Lord of Thieves, Sette Frummagem is on a mission, and she'll lie, cheat, and steal to make sure it's a success (she'll lie, cheat, and steal anyway). Condemned to aid her in her rotten endeavours is a rotten corpse who seems oddly talented with the supernatural, and oddly not laying motionless in the dirt.
    The road is long and no one is what they seem. Never trust a thief, and never trust anyone who won't let you look into their eyes.
  • Vibe
    Baron Bones is a modern-day witch doctor who fights people's emotional baggage, literally.
  • Whomp!
    A gag-a-day comic that chronicles the real, surreal, and unreal misadventures of a fat guy who loves anime and McNuggets and fears all else.

If you feel that I have missed something, let me know and I will place the webcomic in the list.

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
CorporateLogo on

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Gunnerkrigg, SFP, QC, XKCD some I noticed.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The scourge of Clevin has been destroyed.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    CLEVIN WILL RETURN, SADDER THAN EVER

THIS ISNT THE LAST YOU'VE SEEN OF CLEVIN!!

edited January 2018
    also @CorporateLogo rock cocks is way too NSFW to be linked

Brolo on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Gunnerkrigg, SFP, QC, XKCD some I noticed.

Also OotS.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I feel by now we could have come with a better nomenclature than Webcumbilcs

Brainleech wrote: »

webclevins

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    wasn't there a word we were going to use in the old thread?

yeah this

BahamutZERO.gif
  • statlerstatler Registered User regular
    LWj3mDy.png?1
    WEN -TACK

Please add Scary-Go-Round to the list.

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Well by accidentaly removing that "r" you've started the evolution process

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    wasn't there a word we were going to use in the old thread?

yeah this

Petition to change the thread title to "The 2018 Webicomis Thread"

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Petition denied.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Webicomis is a bad name

CYpGAPn.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    If no one could remember the name without looking up the tweet it wasn't a good enough name to actually adopt.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    webcomis is about as inane and silly as webcrumblics so I think it'd be apt

• statlerstatler Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    C7sPQ8F.png?1agGx80Z.png
    WILBUR
    probably belongs on a list but not the webcomics list.

statler on
    qy85xdkddou7.png
    I think either Webclevins or Wilburcrumblics would be fine, though.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Clevin will always be with us.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    statler wrote: »
    LWj3mDy.png?1
    WEN -TACK

Please add Scary-Go-Round to the list.
    My general ribbing on allison aside this is a good page.

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Sam and Fuzzy continues and I’m always kind of surprised no one posts it
    but here I am not posting it so you got me there

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The list is also missing Demon Street, Ava's Demon, and Widdershins.

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    The list is also missing Tomo-chan, One Punch Man, Super Secret, but, uh, those would be trickier to link on account of the whole translation thing. And especially because of the weird-ass system used to embed Super Secret's translation on webtoon.

Sticking to webicomic in English, though, Outsider updated this year.

EDIT: You also forgot Lackadaisy Cats! For shame!

Neveron on
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »

Wilburclevins

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Ahby Khosla's Bram Stoker's Dracula is the only comic you need on that list.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    A hypodermic needle full of liquid dogshit will not kill Clevin

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    vibe is dead don't tease me

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

What about a hyperdermic needle, then?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »

What about a hyperdermic needle, then?

Uh... I'm pretty sure that would mean a needle that doesn't even touch the skin... so probably no.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Daughter of the Lilies
    Thistle and her trio of friends embark across a happy journey of friendship across the land. No one is maimed or infected by monsters.

Dr. McNinja
    The less I tell you, the better. Information right there in the title.

Girl Genius
    Ordinary and incompetent girl discovers she's the heir to a famous family and their lands and journeys on a quest to take back her home and learn the mystery of who murdered her family, and why.

Spinnerrette also needs a warning for how fanservicy it can get at times.

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular

In which we can finally stop complaining about this, seriously it was the obvious answer anyway

A duck! wrote: »

Wilburclevins

Mmm, it's the opposite of a safe word. Every time my eyes scan across it a slight gash opens up on my wrist.

• see317see317 Registered User regular

In which we can finally stop complaining about this, seriously it was the obvious answer anyway

Anyone else getting redirected when they follow that link?
    Or is it just me?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    not getting a redirect but I have an adblocker blocking the ads on that site so it's probably hiveworks' bad ad vetting again

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »

I guess she got out of that by the skin of her teeth

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

Who was complaining about it?

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Daughter of the Lilies
    Thistle and her trio of friends embark across a happy journey of friendship across the land. No one is maimed or infected by monsters.

Dr. McNinja
    The less I tell you, the better. Information right there in the title.

Girl Genius
    Ordinary and incompetent girl discovers she's the heir to a famous family and their lands and journeys on a quest to take back her home and learn the mystery of who murdered her family, and why.

Spinnerrette also needs a warning for how fanservicy it can get at times.
    You didn't put the HTTP stuff at the start of those links, so they don't work.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    isn't the secret to water jet cutting also that you need to have an abrasive agent on anything that isn't soft materials

aRkpc.gif
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Yeah there's generally the same sort of grain used on sandpaper mixed in with the water for industrial cutting. For the situation portrayed where a fleshy creature is being punctured, I would think the high pressure water stream by itself would be enough.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    According to wikipedia it can be done with or without abrasives added.
    Abrasives are added for cutting harder materials, but high pressure water is sufficient for softer materials like wood, rubber or giant creepy monsters.

This discussion has been closed.