As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] The FAQ has arrived

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I want Necrons given the size of the army I'm about to send away to be painted.

I saw someone guess a fleshing out of Custodes. That'd make sense, lore wise, since they've been unleashed from guarding Terra.

It's probably a new race....or a profound disappointment. Either way, should be fun.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Necrons is my gut feeling, but a tease like this for a codex seems above and beyond what they've been doing for the rest.

Could we be looking at a new army? The Rak'gol have been rumoured for a while...

6wqkh5j8nju6.png

I really never have seen or Rak'gol or mention of them in sometime

Why is that Tyranid Warrior holding a gun he looted from a Catachan?

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I like the theory it is the old ones/ancient ones coming back and thus we get a Lizardman army for 40k.

Seriously though how many goats do I have to sacrifice for a noise marine box equal to the bezerker box even. I don't need new sculpts just a box I can buy and equip a unit of noise marines out of plastic.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Cross-asking here and in SE++, just to cover all my bases:

Do we have any Age of Sigmar guys in here who can tell me in a general way whether I can buy the Flesh-Eater Courts box, then later beef it out with a bunch of cool ghosts and skeletons and regular vampires should I want to set a bunch of money on fire?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Squats are back baby and they're better than ever

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Do we have any Age of Sigmar guys in here who can tell me in a general way whether I can buy the Flesh-Eater Courts box, then later beef it out with a bunch of cool ghosts and skeletons and regular vampires should I want to set a bunch of money on fire?

I'm no guy, but I do like AoS!
    You can absolutely do that if you want; AOS is grouped into four broad factions from which you can field any combination of models if you like, of which Death is one, the only downside being that you don't get to use the specific faction rules of, say, Flesh-Eater Courts.
    My only caution would be that the Death allegiance is in a rough spot competitively at the moment, so if you're looking for tournament-y punching power it might be worth waiting to see what Death stuff comes around as a part of this new apparently skeleton-themed narrative campaign/plot progression thing running over this year.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

I'm no guy, but I do like AoS!
    You can absolutely do that if you want; AOS is grouped into four broad factions from which you can field any combination of models if you like, of which Death is one, the only downside being that you don't get to use the specific faction rules of, say, Flesh-Eater Courts.
    My only caution would be that the Death allegiance is in a rough spot competitively at the moment, so if you're looking for tournament-y punching power it might be worth waiting to see what Death stuff comes around as a part of this new apparently skeleton-themed narrative campaign/plot progression thing running over this year.

I'm not even sure I'd have anyone to play against (though I know where to look, locally), but painting a bunch of cool bat-monsters and slavering ghouls that can hang out with ghosts might be enough fun by itself. They had me nearly sold on Beastmen a few years ago before it became obvious they wouldn't get any new stuff any time soon, and then they revamped the line to AoS with apparently no Beastmen except some weirdly naked minotaurs, as far as I could google up earlier.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    There're also the Tzaangors from the Tzeentch range, but, yeah, I wouldn't expect much in the way of beastmen releases for some time, probably.
    Some of the undead kits are pretty dated (notably zombies) but there are a lot of cool plastics that are fun to paint.

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Possible leaks for tomorrows BIG EPIC NEW REVEAL!
    3M8Ff2b.png
    jtlXnYF.jpg
    Sorta hoping this is unrelated...

website_header.jpg
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Hopefully it would mean more models from 30k getting rules for 40k so I can finally have an excuse to buy a Galatus Dreadnought.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    If those are real, my desire to kitbash Sisters of Silence as Stormcast Vanguards and Custodes as Eternals will grow even stronger....

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I mean... they ARE real.
    No one's hoaxing new kit photos like that.

website_header.jpg
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    3M8Ff2b.png
    jtlXnYF.jpg

Well, that's cool, just... not as cool as some of the other things it could have been.

H9f4bVe.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    McGibs wrote: »
    3M8Ff2b.png
    jtlXnYF.jpg

Well, that's cool, just... not as cool as some of the other things it could have been.
    Yeah, shiny new custodes are cool. But is it cool enough to put out teasers building anticipation for a BIG EPIC REVEAL?

I mean, they're an army already, just getting a new unit shouldn't be a big reveal. I mean, nobody's surprised when the IG get a new tank, right? Certainly not surprised enough to put out teasers and the like.

But then, as much as I try, I'm not really keeping up with the fluff. It's possible these duders are capital "b" Big Names from the fluff that I don't recognize. In which case I could see it being the Big Epic Reveal, like the Primarchs being released.

see317 on
    Got in a game verse Blood Angels tonight. It was a heavy primaris army including 4 intercessor units, an 8 man hellblaster unit, and a gravis captain. The rest were sanguinary guard, banner, sanguinary priest, and the sanguinar all with jump packs and all did nothing but hide at the end. Oh and some scout squads I think.

I unloaded ~20 blastmaster shots+~7-8 battle cannon rolls into the hellblasters over two turns and killed 2 with my rolls. Not exactly snap shooting from my boys.

My heldrake did wipe out a Baal Predator on turn one on top of a few intecessors. I couldn't get into the helblasters that turn. Also my defiler killed a libby dread in overwatch who had 1 wound left. Lost 4 to my heldrake and 3 to a bad perils roll.

I lost overall but not a bad game. I should of been way more aggressive I feel. BA are good in close combat but so is my army. And I had some good units for it.

Also my termis failed to killed two primaris in 6 power ax attacks with veterans of the long war on them. I rolled 4 ones to wound on them. It was sad.

Still termis overall killed a lot and absorbed a lot, they are a scary unit.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I've also seen the Hrud mentioned, someone leaked images of what looks like a new Custodes boxed set.

What would fit that perfectly would be the Watchers In The Dark and the Lion returning, but they've already released the DA codex

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    I wonder if the Custodes stuff is going to be a fullblown army release or just a few filler units added to the lineup so that you could actually take an allied Talons of the Emperor detachment and have it be battle forged.

It would be nice if you could buy the Talons of the Emperor box and actually run it as a detachment without having to decide between shoehorning in non-talon models or losing 4 command points.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Necrons is my gut feeling, but a tease like this for a codex seems above and beyond what they've been doing for the rest.

Could we be looking at a new army? The Rak'gol have been rumoured for a while...

6wqkh5j8nju6.png

I really never have seen or Rak'gol or mention of them in sometime

Why is that Tyranid Warrior holding a gun he looted from a Catachan?

Because that and this are the only pics I know of that appeared in a 40k book { dark heresy 1 and 2}
    8haxtgy1o515.png

Huh they are also mentioned a lot in the Rogue Trader RPG

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    @Mazzyx my slaaneshi bro, what do you think of these? I’ve not used Deamons this edition yet but the Keeper looked awful on paper.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/05/faction-focus-daemons-of-slaaneshgw-homepage-post-3/

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Jetbikes!

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Tzaangor Shaman, Tzaangor Enlightened and Mutalith from Fantasy joining the Thousand Sons!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Tzaangor Shaman, Tzaangor Enlightened and Mutalith from Fantasy joining the Thousand Sons!

I really need to get some motivation to finish up those Tzaangors I bought when I came down. One is painted, the others are started and no bases yet.

I also have some heftier support enroute :)

I'll be quite disappointed if there isn't a sorcerer dread though.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Custodes could be the new grey knights Paladin army. A 20-model competitive list of easy to paint guys you can slap on the field without much hassle. They’ll need psychic defenses and some way of resisting mortal wound spam though.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • frayfray Registered User regular
    So hypothetically, if I'd ended up with a box of intercessors, would any of the forge world shoulder pads work with them?

"I told you," said Ford. "Eddies in the space-time continuum."
    "And this is his sofa, is it?" said Arthur.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So, are the Custodes heading out into the Galaxy more then, I wonder? The Custodes being a full, mobile army leaves room for something about the emperor to have changed.

What is this I don't even.
    Don’t care; jetbikes!

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    According to faeit, Custodes are getting full codex treatment.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »

Yeah the Community Site shows a codex for them and 1,000 Sons.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/06/new-year-new-armies-reveals-new-years-open-day/

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    The blurb on the community site said something to the effect of the Custodes mobilising as a proper force because threats to the emperor can come from anywhere in the galaxy, presumably more so now that there's a big old hole in the middle of it.

Dayspring wrote: »
    Mazzyx my slaaneshi bro, what do you think of these? I’ve not used Deamons this edition yet but the Keeper looked awful on paper.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/05/faction-focus-daemons-of-slaaneshgw-homepage-post-3/

I am meh. I was watching Striking Scorpions review of the whole codex and to me it is best described as the Book of Nurgle with the other chaos gods along for the ride. Nurgle has so many more daemon units now that I think he out numbers the rest of the gods almost combined except Khorne thanks to their 4 bloodthirsters or whatever.

I have used my daemonettes twice. Once for Khaldor and they did fine because the mission let me first turn charge but that was on the index so I could mix them in as a normal troop choice. And last week for a campaign mission as sentries. They killed like 10 guard before dying.

Seekers also got nerfed. In the index they can advance and charge making them extremely fast to tie up units. Now they reroll charges. The loci has that ability now. To use a loci you have to have a monogod detachment, like a chapter/legion tactic, and then you get the unit to do it so it isn't even as good as a legion tactic.

I think my daemonettes are shelved for now. Especially considering how good the CSM codex is without them anyway.

The one good thing they got though was the deepstrike stratagem like Eldar. It is based on powerlevels of the unit. 1 point for stuff under 10 pl I think and 2 cp for stuff over. Standard deep strike rules. No limit on how many you do outside your cp/half your army thing.

Yes you can deepstrike in Belakor or a Bloodthister or a Keep of Secrets this way.

u7stthr17eud.png

You can either take a Death army in which you can take any models in the Undead line, or you can play pure Flesh Eater Courts and get access to their specific traits and allegiance abilities. If you play pure, you can still take a certain amount of non Flesh Eater models via the Allies rules in General's Compendium 2017

fray wrote: »
    So hypothetically, if I'd ended up with a box of intercessors, would any of the forge world shoulder pads work with them?

They use the same sized helmets and shoulderpads as standard marines.

The only caveat is that the Dark Imperium/easy to build Intercessors have molded on shoulderpads, but if you're using the dudes from the multi part box you'll be fine.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    Custodes could be the new grey knights Paladin army. A 20-model competitive list of easy to paint guys you can slap on the field without much hassle. They’ll need psychic defenses and some way of resisting mortal wound spam though.

Sisters of silence would be my go-to, along with maybe some inqusitors and assassins

Looks like the bikes have missile launcher and hurricane bolter weapon options, so that’s nice. I wonder if the lances are going to be as dumb as they are in 30K…

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    These are pretty, but do we really need another "elite' faction with both Deathwatch and Grey Knights needing more models and support?

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    These are pretty, but do we really need another "elite' faction with both Deathwatch and Grey Knights needing more models and support?

Another elite power armoured Imperium faction.

Yay...?

edited January 2018
    Ken O wrote: »
    No-Quarter wrote: »

Yeah the Community Site shows a codex for them and 1,000 Sons.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/06/new-year-new-armies-reveals-new-years-open-day/

Oh wow in that the Thousands Sons it looks like the Heldrake has been Tzeentch-ified.

e- actually I can't tell for sure if the model has new bits or not.

No-Quarter on
    If I get a Custodes force I would shell out for the forge world Contemptor dreadnaught

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Edit- wrong thread

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
This discussion has been closed.