As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Texas De Brazil group dinner year 3 Meatnado (signups ending Tuesday January 9 at 5pm)

StinkyTurdStinkyTurd Registered User regular
edited December 2017 in PAX South
Ok signups are opening for meat dinner year 3. Last year went fairly well except the demand was a bit higher then the limit that texas de brazil allows and we did have no shows so this year please only signup if your 100% certain you can make it and i can't add anyone if you run into me at pax. If everyone wants i can figure out how to set up tickets on eventbrite and charge like 5-10$ but i don't want to risk excluding anyone and since we're all adults i'd like to think we can respect the signup sheet but let me know your thoughts if you would rather cheap payed tickets. Until then here's the signup sheet and remember guys skip breakfast and lunch an empty stomach is a happy stomach :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wwpy44Xf7RH6QTo-luJJtqk1VrPfXd4OjApdx34Frns/edit?usp=sharing

StinkyTurd on

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The signup sheet appears to be set to View Only.

• StinkyTurdStinkyTurd Registered User regular
    ah thx correcting that now.

• hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    If you're going to sell EventBrite tickets, you have to charge the price of the meal. That's how you get people to commit.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • jthom252jthom252 Duarte, CARegistered User regular
    Looking forward to this, basically lucked out into it last year and had a blast.

If you're going to sell EventBrite tickets, you have to charge the price of the meal. That's how you get people to commit.
    Yea I'm not planning to do the tickets unless people demand it and even then I'd keep them cheap and just put the money towards a tip to the restaurant.

• darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
    An all you can eat buffet of steak, chicken, lamb, and pork!?!?!? I’m all in!

edited December 2017
    Salad bar also includes fantastic lobster bisque one of my favorites, prosciutto, cheeses, olives, and fish, and and other goodies. Seriously as a strictly meat eater I would be happy with just the salad bar thankfully I don't have e to make that choice though.

StinkyTurd on
  • PuritysanPuritysan thePuritysan San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    Signed up.

m2bd3Je.png
    The lobster bisque is fantastic.

• MythrilRobMythrilRob Registered User regular
    Threw my name on the list. Quite excited for the whole experience.

• PennyPtonPennyPton Registered User regular
    Hey! I added this event to a calendar thread for everyone to see what is happening PAX weekend. Please let me know if anything needs to be changed in the description!

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/215812/pax-south-2018-pre-post-convention-events-parties/p1?new=1

• XanyaeWarpawXanyaeWarpaw Registered User regular
    lotuhriheba6.jpg

• SilverspudSilverspud Registered User regular
    Any idea how lenient they are on the dress code? Can we get away with standard gaming convention attire, or will we be turned away if we're not dressed for business casual?

I usually where jeans and a regular t-shirt and have yet to get turned away.

Looking at the picture from last years thread, there were folk in all ranges of attire, from t-shirt and hoodie, to pirate hat, to a cosplay without the mask, to business casual.

• SilverspudSilverspud Registered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Looking at the picture from last years thread, there were folk in all ranges of attire, from t-shirt and hoodie, to pirate hat, to a cosplay without the mask, to business casual.
    StinkyTurd wrote: »
    I usually where jeans and a regular t-shirt and have yet to get turned away.

Got it. My (2) brothers and I will be there.

• thegirlinbldg8thegirlinbldg8 satxRegistered User regular
    I'm hungry already

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    I took my name off the list as I will working at that time

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • PuritysanPuritysan thePuritysan San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I've gone a dozen times in street clothes. We're a tourist city. Them being strict on dresscode would have their attendance lowwwww. lol

m2bd3Je.png
  • The PopeThe Pope Registered User regular
    The sign up sheet isn't 100% clear ... there are several 'NONE PAST HERE' lines and we have 23 people signed up. Do we have any spots left?

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!
    -- Vroomfondel
  • RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    It looks like it is full up

OtyHMcu.jpg
    no its full the none past here was just so no one missed that that was the cutoff keep an eye out though someone may drop out b4 wednesday.

• ChuymanChuyman Registered User new member
    Well dang

• beibeenbeibeen Registered User regular
    awww ... full. Bummer.

vMfjFt9.png
    OK sign-up sheet should be locked will be finalizing the reservation tonight.

• darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
    So I’m just wondering. Are we meeting out front tomorrow or should I just go in and mention I’m here for a particular event?

Sorry just go in you should find a big group of ppl once a few are there feel free to give them a heads up I'm omw but it takes a few to get the table together.