As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vanity Thread 3.0: Harder, Better, Faster, [chat]er

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Destiny 2 is boring as shit.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Who the heck is Tommy Wiseau?

European vampire man.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Sometimes I come into my room and get worried that my dog is missing and then poke around at various piles of blankets until I find her.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I literally fell asleep playing it three times.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    god dammit, that orange was satisfying

inject the citrus straight into my veins

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

henroid you're tearing me apart
    I don't go to the movies.

It never made it into the theaters, it's purely a B-flick. It's called The Room, and it has always had a certain level of infamously bad, but recently hit a second renaissance as an internet meme.

• Options

Enemies are bullet sponges, every mission is the same.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

It is kind of boring, but not because the enemies are bullet sponges! Probably the least bullet spongey enemies in the genre.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

This doesn't mesh with my experience at all, but I am finding the endgame lacking in a big way.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

It never made it into the theaters, it's purely a B-flick. It's called The Room, and it has always had a certain level of infamously bad, but recently hit a second renaissance as an internet meme.
    Oh okay. I saw his name show up a lot because of the Golden Globes but there was no context beyond people being mad at James Franco for some reason.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Calling the Room a B movie is insulting to so many b movies, its a z movie.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

This doesn't mesh with my experience at all, but I am finding the endgame lacking in a big way.

Go here, fight enemies, go here, defend Maguffin against enemies, go here fight big bad.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i probably wouldn’t be playing destiny 2 still if i didn’t have fun people to play it with

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

that's kind of insulting to the alphabet.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    XWce3VK.jpg

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i probably wouldn’t be playing destiny 2 still if i didn’t have fun people to play it with

you could just stop, you know

there are other games you can play

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The entire phenomenon of The Room makes me deeply uncomfortable because it feels like an elaborate joke at Tommy Wiseau's expense that everyone is in on except for Tommy Wiseau.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    knitdan wrote: »
    The entire phenomenon of The Room makes me deeply uncomfortable because it feels like an elaborate joke at Tommy Wiseau's expense that everyone is in on except for Tommy Wiseau.

Watch The Disaster Artist. It’s a shockingly compassionate portrait and was signed off on by both Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero (Mark, blonde lead from The Room).

It puts the creation of the movie into context, things make a lot more sense, and you’ll feel better.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Go here, fight enemies, go here, defend Maguffin against enemies, go here fight big bad.

The raids are lots of fun. The Strikes can be fun too sometimes.

Generally the problem I'm finding gamaplay wise is a lack of interesting encounter or enemy design and lack of interesting perks/abilities/etc for your character.

Cash shop and PvP balance are bad for games.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    tumblr_p28zlvjp3u1wsc1zto1_540.jpg

• Options

They’re only sponges when you’re underleveled and it’s easy enough to not be. But loot drops constantly and none of it means anything and the story is total nonsense and oh my god could it be more fkin generic holy shit.

Apparently it’s slightly more engaging if you played Destiny 1?

• Options

Oh okay. I saw his name show up a lot because of the Golden Globes but there was no context beyond people being mad at James Franco for some reason.

People are mad at James Franco?

• Options
    What are some easy-to-forget things to not forget when going on a trip?

I got chargers, passport, money, comb, toothbrush.... what else should I double check?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    @Havelock2.0

Yeah @Preacher is right, I'm just cheap on the TP.

If you want butt peeing you should probably ask @amateurhour about that.

The only reason I'm infamous for butt problems is because I am one of the few that admits that I've trusted a fart in my adult life that was not a fart and ain't no way I'm ever sleeping naked because fuck off on cleaning bed sheets at 3am.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

People are mad at James Franco?

i would be surprised if there was a time people weren't mad at him

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i want to make ravioli this weekend

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    tumblr_p1dcse5lEd1wsbn2ao1_540.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2018
    bowen wrote: »
    Havelock2.0

Yeah Preacher is right, I'm just cheap on the TP.

If you want butt peeing you should probably ask amateurhour about that.

The only reason I'm infamous for butt problems is because I am one of the few that admits that I've trusted a fart in my adult life that was not a fart and ain't no way I'm ever sleeping naked because fuck off on cleaning bed sheets at 3am.

(you can own more than one set of bed sheets)

edit: jesus such batsignals

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    tumblr_p1dcse5lEd1wsbn2ao1_540.jpg

"dude just give it the Cheetos"

"fuck off Josh, they're my Cheetos"

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

I got chargers, passport, money, comb, toothbrush.... what else should I double check?

Baby wipes and floss picks

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

They’re only sponges when you’re underleveled and it’s easy enough to not be. But loot drops constantly and none of it means anything and the story is total nonsense and oh my god could it be more fkin generic holy shit.

I played a bit of Destiny 1 and watched husband play through all of it up to the first DLC. It is also a loot treadmill with generic lore and a nonsense story.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    RedTide wrote: »

????????????????????????????????????

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Phone, deodorant, socks, underwear, shaving stuff if you shave, a couple days worth of any prescription medication you'll need (keep this with you, don't pack it all in luggage in case there's a problem). Maybe a card with emergency contact numbers in case something goes seriously wrong.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    knitdan wrote: »

Watch The Disaster Artist. It’s a shockingly compassionate portrait and was signed off on by both Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero (Mark, blonde lead from The Room).

It puts the creation of the movie into context, things make a lot more sense, and you’ll feel better.

The movie kind of (I suspect necessarily, for legal reasons) sanitizes the degree to which Wiseau was a bit of a stalkery pervoid, but I certainly don't think anyone should feel bad about laughing at The Room or at Wiseau. He's made a bunch of bank on it and has been happy to ride its wave for like a decade now.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

I played a bit of Destiny 1 and watched husband play through all of it up to the first DLC. It is also a loot treadmill with generic lore and a nonsense story.

Destiny 2's story is like 100x more coherent then Destiny 1's. (at least in the base game)

In both cases, all the interesting shit is contained in the grimoire and other random tidbits of lore that are sprinkled around and the story only really makes much sense or has any weight if you know that information.

Other then that it's basically your standard MMO skinner box with fun gunplay.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

????????????????????????????????????

Hotel paper will be serviceable but I like my ass clean.

Also they don't usually have floss in the little bathroom station anymore

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »

you could just stop, you know

there are other games you can play

no i mean i like playing it with people but not so much solo

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I have completed the video game known as Horizon: Zero Dawn

Gaze upon me and admire my ability to experience the entertainment that I have paid for, delayed only by the time required to gestate a human being

Review: it good!

This discussion has been closed.