As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Last Man On Earth: The show about which whom we should talk [SPOILERS, so to speak]

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Well, all white people do look alike, it's true.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Shit. I liked Lewis.
    :?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I figured that's what ultimately would happen, just not the way it actually happened.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    @ElJeffe

Request that thread title be changed to "Lewis Gets it Wright, Brother."

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Lewis
    As soon as I saw the thumb go up I went "oh no RIP" and they kept dragging it out in an eventual hilarious way somehow.

Honestly his character didnt fit the madness, he kept too much to himself and showed himself to be too good at something which seems to be a curse.

Maybe thats a theme of this show, uselessness is also a survival trait? Tandy seems sort of immune to this though with the amount of explosives and electricity he mucks around with. It could still be his half assedness that saves him I guess?

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    At this point I am starting to wonder if the show is just an odd comedic experiment, where we find out the joke was getting us to watch something so tragic thinking it could be funny.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I like Tandy better in his more sensible, rational moments. We saw that briefly when they were talking in the hanger.

Though if I were left to my own devices with a Velociraptor costume and a Go-kart, I can't say I'd turn it down, either. :P

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    It's almost like the writers this season wished there were more characters so we could off one each week.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    southwick wrote: »
    At this point I am starting to wonder if the show is just an odd comedic experiment, where we find out the joke was getting us to watch something so tragic thinking it could be funny.

There was a short lived comedy on Fox in the 90s about average people surviving nuclear war and finding their way to a farm. No one had any survival skills but unlike Last Man, they didn't have anything, either; their sole source of entertainment was a record player and one record. The incompatible group still tried to make the best of the end of the world.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    southwick wrote: »

There was a short lived comedy on Fox in the 90s about average people surviving nuclear war and finding their way to a farm. No one had any survival skills but unlike Last Man, they didn't have anything, either; their sole source of entertainment was a record player and one record. The incompatible group still tried to make the best of the end of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPx178VfNpE

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Cleavant Derricks! Whoa. I never knew this show existed! :D

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Lewis
    As soon as I saw the thumb go up I went "oh no RIP" and they kept dragging it out in an eventual hilarious way somehow.

Honestly his character didnt fit the madness, he kept too much to himself and showed himself to be too good at something which seems to be a curse.

Maybe thats a theme of this show, uselessness is also a survival trait? Tandy seems sort of immune to this though with the amount of explosives and electricity he mucks around with. It could still be his half assedness that saves him I guess?

I've never thought about it that way. Maybe being just sort of useful but never taking any risks would make you more likely to survive.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Hats off to this show, that was a stretch, but clever way of resolving that issue (if it works)
    I assume they have an episode where tandy loses the pill and they gotta search for it so they can search a pill listing for what kind it is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Enjoyed the latest episode, looking forward to them solving the latest mystery next week.
    I thought the mystery figure in the photo looked like Yoda at first. Also, I wonder if Tandy's bag of pills will play into helping Melissa. Erica may be able to identify whatever type of medication it is.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Wouldnt
    Melissa have been off those meds for QUITE sometime prior to meeting Phil way back in Season 1?

I have some weird issues with her mental break being suddenly just fixed because she's on meds again. I'm hoping it's a fakeout and they very quickly discover it's birth control or something that has nothing to do with her issue.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Wouldnt
    Melissa have been off those meds for QUITE sometime prior to meeting Phil way back in Season 1?

I have some weird issues with her mental break being suddenly just fixed because she's on meds again. I'm hoping it's a fakeout and they very quickly discover it's birth control or something that has nothing to do with her issue.

It's possible
    she was taking them this whole time but one of the many events caused her to stop, or she ran out and didnt care, or now its just manifesting differently or in a worse manner.

I think they might discover that all the drugs are expired so arent as effective, its been 2-3 years in world at this point right? They mentioned gas going bad and thats like ~1-2 years if I remember correctly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    drugs don't really expire that fast I don't think

edit - not that they can't use it for storyline. I can deal with them fudging that type of thing, or not 100% addressing why it took an event to cause her to relapse rather than just once she stopped taking the medicine.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    Judging by the lack of activity in this thread, people must be pretty unenthused by the last few episodes. I feel like it's kind dragged into wheel spinning territory.

However, last episode was an improvement. A time skip forward 6 months definitely seems to be getting the ball rolling again.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I've still been enjoying it, but I guess it's less great than it used to be. I used to actively look forward to it, and now it's the thing on my dvr that I watch when I've already watched Brooklyn 99 and don't have time to throw back an iZombie.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I was pretty baffled by the time skip, honestly.
    Jasper speaking, Melissa & Todd's engagement, and Gail & Erica formalizing their only-hinted-at previous relationship, all within those six months.
    Just... kinda... WHAT

I guess I applaud the show for taking risks, but... WHAT

• Options
    MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    I was pretty baffled by the time skip, honestly.
    Jasper speaking, Melissa & Todd's engagement, and Gail & Erica formalizing their only-hinted-at previous relationship, all within those six months.
    Just... kinda... WHAT

I guess I applaud the show for taking risks, but... WHAT

The time skip is kinda weird, but the show definitely had lost a lot of its thrust. It's definitely one where the premise gets a little unwieldy and the premises suspension of disbelief makes new plot lines more difficult to generate without significant time jumps. The show is starting to remind me more and more of like a Married... with children down to the literalness of the title and the introduction of new characters. It's definitely not quite the same as the first couple seasons.

I've only been semi following the show since the big bang mid season cliffhanger, but it's just really starting to feel pretty rote, even with these "big"'changes.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I thought the way they introduced the time skip was kinda hilarious. The wedding dress gag was great.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    There's been a lack of 'wow' moments lately, like driving a stealth bomber around to do their shopping.

But I'm still enjoying it, hopefully that rich naive woman from the bunker joins up with the group soon.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Will Forte has tweeted the show is in serious danger of not being renewed.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I thought the way they introduced the time skip was kinda hilarious. The wedding dress gag was great.

The first ten minutes of the episode had me thinking it was a dream sequence.

• Options
    Bunker Pamela joins the brawl! She's super effective! :P

• Options
    I would be a lot more hyped for another season if they had a lesser known actress.

Kristin Wiig guarantees that she would only last a few episodes at most before the show goes back to whatever the hell it was doing.

• Options
    Dawn: Australian for baby.

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Hahahaha.

That cameo.

• Options
    They already did this joke with Pat: the group hated Pat but he laughed at Tandy's jokes so those two got along.

• Options
    I had no idea this show got renewed.

• Options
    Jeremy the dog is the new star of the show.

• Options
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    This is still consistently one of my favorite shows. Latest episode was a little off but still enough of a hilarious trainwreck that I wasn't unentertained.

• Options
    Hmmm. A new character appears!
    Adding a cannibalistic serial killer into the group. Interesting move. I wonder who he'll ask to 'paint' first? :bigfrown:
    "I murdered you to prove I could stop murdering! Oooops..." :lol:

And with five digits he would have had at least 100,000 possible keypad combinations to get through, so he would have ran out of wall space, even if the power hadn't gone out.

• Options
  • Options
    Keeping this thread on life support:
    Baaabies! Mike's back. Tandy is 50% less hairy again. Mike displays 50% more fake-outs (or cries wolf). There's a huge forest fire/volcano/something(?) showing up on a thermal imaging satellite. Real peril?!

And this show keeps on rollin' on... Somehow. A revolving door of guest characters continuously propping it up.