As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vanity Thread 3.0: Harder, Better, Faster, [chat]er

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Phone and laptop chargers
    Phone travel battery
    Shampoo, conditioner, hair product, comb
    Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
    Shaving cream, razor
    Deodorant, cologne
    Sunblock, moisturizer
    Butt wipes
    Prescription medications, melatonin, ibuprofen, imodium
    Earplugs
    Extra pair of underwear, socks
    Condoms, lube
    Pad of paper, pen
    A book
    Passport

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I have completed the video game known as Horizon: Zero Dawn

Gaze upon me and admire my ability to experience the entertainment that I have paid for, delayed only by the time required to gestate a human being

Review: it good!

*gazes*

rRwz9.gif
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    The entire phenomenon of The Room makes me deeply uncomfortable because it feels like an elaborate joke at Tommy Wiseau's expense that everyone is in on except for Tommy Wiseau.

Watch The Disaster Artist. It’s a shockingly compassionate portrait and was signed off on by both Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero (Mark, blonde lead from The Room).

It puts the creation of the movie into context, things make a lot more sense, and you’ll feel better.

The movie kind of (I suspect necessarily, for legal reasons) sanitizes the degree to which Wiseau was a bit of a stalkery pervoid, but I certainly don't think anyone should feel bad about laughing at The Room or at Wiseau. He's made a bunch of bank on it and has been happy to ride its wave for like a decade now.

There’s a few horrifying scenes in the movie (casting the female roles, shooting of the first sex scene), so while it might be sanitized, it still comes through clearly enough.

Like, Tommy is a weirdo creep but his issues are so widespread and bizarre that his stalking and creeping start to get lost.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Is it him

The boy wonder

They say he played a video game to the end

To the end!

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i can't tell if devilman crybaby actually has themes or is just pretending to

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Gaze upon me and admire my ability to experience the entertainment that I have paid for, delayed only by the time required to gestate a human being

*gazes*

*admires*

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

Perhaps the same could be said of all media

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »

Degg? Mmmlllth. Weeeeeehhhggg!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

DEGG!

>.<

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

I can't believe that got a new anime.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

I almost started watching that but when I clicked through to the main netflix page for the show and saw the whisp-thin, androgynous, brooding, teenaged anime boys with anime hair, my vagina dried up and sealed shut.

Donkey Kong on
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

I almost started watching that but when I clicked through to the main netflix page for the show and saw the whip-thin, androgynous, brooding, teenaged anime boys with anime hair, my vagina dried up and sealed shut.

395387290643464222.png

What is next, a Violence Jack anime on Netflix?

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Hey I just beat that too like three days ago. I concur, it good indeed.

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    BS2zD2S.jpg?1

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

It's definitely my favorite game of 2017 and 2017 was an amazing game year

Apparently it's the 2nd biggest selling PS4 exclusive, behind uncharted 4

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

I almost started watching that but when I clicked through to the main netflix page for the show and saw the whip-thin, androgynous, brooding, teenaged anime boys with anime hair, my vagina dried up and sealed shut.
    how into breasts and decapitations are you

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    Horizon is the best pre-BOTW Open World Style Game that would nevertheless have been way better if it didn't bother being an open world game. Open world games that aren't Breath of the Wild suck. It stands out because the story and main character development are, almost shockingly, really good and interesting.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »

Perhaps the same could be said of all media
    I can't tell if @Arch actually has themes or is just pretending to.

8i1dt37buh2m.png

how into breasts and decapitations are you

let’s say 8% and 62% respectively

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Horizon seems like a game (like BOTW) that you could beat and not be close to "finished" with

did you beat it or really conquer it? no judgment just curious.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Horizon is the best pre-BOTW Open World Style Game that would nevertheless have been way better if it didn't bother being an open world game. Open world games that aren't Breath of the Wild suck. It stands out because the story and main character development are, almost shockingly, really good and interesting.

When people make broad proclamations against open world games, it reminds me how different peoples' mindsets about gaming can be.

breath of the wild

what a game

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Horizon seems like a game (like BOTW) that you could beat and not be close to "finished" with

I felt no need to explore and 100% the game after beating the main story, but I heard that a lot of people did, because they wanted to stay in that "world" and experience all of it. And some of the collectibles do have a historical side story attached that supports the main storyline.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

As someone with anime hair, I

Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

I felt no need to explore and 100% the game after beating the main story, but I heard that a lot of people did, because they wanted to stay in that "world" and experience all of it. And some of the collectibles do have a historical side story attached that supports the main storyline.

yeah I can't imagine really 100% a game like that but to go back to botw (because of course) after I beat it I stayed in it and finished a few things, though far from everything.

edited January 2018
    Feral wrote: »

When people make broad proclamations against open world games, it reminds me how different peoples' mindsets about gaming can be.

Yeah sorry, broad proclamations are always a bad idea and I shouldn't make them

It's just that, for me, the genre, as defined by Ubisoft style map-markers, is an active assault on my ability to enjoy the experience. I feel simultaneously compelled to go through the checklists while fully aware that each side-quest and inconsequential collectible is sucking away my momentum and investment in the story.

Kid Presentable on
    I think every open-world game other than Breath of the Wild would be personally more enjoyable with every piece of side-content excised from the game. Seeing all that stuff there causes me to neurotically engage with it, but I think my experience would be better in every case I can think of if it just wasn't there at all.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    @OnTheLastCastle when do you stream on Wednesdays?

10pm but I'm thinking of going to 9. About to move so I'll be back working a day job. @SniperGuy

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Is it him

The boy wonder

They say he played a video game to the end

To the end!

It is not possible. Also wanna pubg

I admit that I only know about Devilman through memes.
    cztQQwQ.jpg

Feral wrote: »

Yeah sorry, broad proclamations are always a bad idea and I shouldn't make them

It's just that, for me, the genre, as defined by Ubisoft style map-markers, is an active assault on my ability to enjoy the experience. I feel simultaneously compelled to go through the checklists while fully aware that each side-quest and inconsequential collectible is sucking away my momentum and investment in the story.

Oh, yeah, Ubisoft-style map vomit is awful. Totally agree there.

Especially since Ubisoft insists on introducing you to each game with a series of pseudotutorial missions, so you're on rails for the first couple of hours... but they start showing you the map vomit while you're still on rails. You see map icons that can you can't do anything about, which just trains you to ignore them, so the map icons become even more like cognitive noise.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I admit that I only know about Devilman through memes.
    cztQQwQ.jpg

tag urself i'm the kid in the bottom right panel.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    argh, shakes fist at online dating

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    What I like out of open world games are exploration and emergent gameplay. Finding secrets and treasures in unexpected locations, being able to approach a problem in multiple ways, and having small adventures that weren't necessarily scripted.

I neither want nor need every corner of my map to be crammed with some stupid minigame.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Niiiice.

Our local snack company figured out a new package design for their product that is very, VERY fitting of the theme.

wiygAQWh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I like linear games

THERE I SAID IT

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
This discussion has been closed.