As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vanity Thread 3.0: Harder, Better, Faster, [chat]er

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Edward you are good

sig.gif
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I used a Christmas gift-card to pick up Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and Persona 5 on sale, but I think I want to knock out some Steam games first. I also should finish Gravity Rush 2...

Think I'm going to play Night in the Woods tomorrow as my day-off project.

I want night in the woods to come out for mobile already so I can play it on my iPad

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Hakkes you love BotW though

I can like linear games and BOTW which is as perfect as a video game can get without being shit directly out of the anus of the manifestation of inspiration itself

I have too many complaints about BotW for it to be a perfect game.

But I definitely enjoyed it. It's a beautiful game, despite its glaring flaws.

Ur a glaring flaw >:-{

get him hakkes

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    AC2 was my first open world ubisoft game

I enjoyed it but I tried to 100% it and I ended up rage quitting over an animus puzzle that was stupid difficult

My favorite one would have to be Black Flag though

I got the animus puzzle. The only thing I didn't finish in AC2 was the feathers.

AC2 was my first big open world I completed and like really did everything because it was free on 360.

are YOU on the beer list?

I can like linear games and BOTW which is as perfect as a video game can get without being shit directly out of the anus of the manifestation of inspiration itself

get him hakkes

Fkin metal as FUCK

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Of all of the reasons you can decide to go pro se....this feels like the dumbest.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Horizon put side stuff under headers like "Side Quests" or "Errands".

Easily avoided...?

the only way i can avoid side quests is if i don’t know they exist in the first place

once i know they’re there i am compelled to do them

it’s probably some kind of disordered mentality but

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    My goddamn horse motorcycle is the fucking best I love it so much

See ya later, king of the horses *does wheelies*

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I made tacos with fiber taco shells. I drank kombucha.

A healthy me is a healthy pooper.

Thomamelas wrote: »

Of all of the reasons you can decide to go pro se....this feels like the dumbest.

I wanted to post this when beast sent it to me because lolololol but I wasn’t sure if it was “politics” or just tales of a fucking idiot

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    On my way home from a political action meeting for north carolians living in NYC interested in affecting political change in NC since we live in such a liberal city in a blue state

It was really good! Going to bother all the NYC chatters to go to their feb fundraiser. Get ready y’all!

Fundraiser you say

I have....some experience with this

Next meeting is 2 weeks from today at 630!

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I tried playing Dishonored 1 but it was too much work to play. The HUD isn't very helpful so you need to wander around to get to the place you're going, and then there's guards everywhere that you can't really take in combat so wandering around takes forever. Also the story made no sense to me because I skipped all of the dialogue the game would let me skip

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    If any of you have shit your bed in the past 10 years I'ma think differently of you, that's all I'm saying

Regardless of your state of dress at the time

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Easily avoided...?

I haven't played horizon so I don't know how bad they are but

it is very bad design if I have to remember to not overdo sidequests to not lose enjoyment of the game

there shouldn't be more sidequests to do in a row than a fun amount of sidequests

I don't understand you then. Horizon buckets all the optional stuff under different headers. You never accidentally do it...?

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Easily avoided...?

it is very bad design if I have to remember to not overdo sidequests to not lose enjoyment of the game

there shouldn't be more sidequests to do in a row than a fun amount of sidequests

I feel like games should err on fewer sidequests, but more difficult, with unique rewards.

If a sidequest is more "go explore this jungle that you might otherwise ignore, fight the giant monster that lives in there, and then I will open up a whole new section of my store for you" then that's cool.

But too many games are still doing "bring me 10 rat penises and I'll give you some silver."

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Milo is a genius so I'm sure it'll all be fine for him. Heh.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I am listening to that Haruki Murakami playlist quite millenially

Psn:wazukki
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Nothing like working yourself out to exhaustion. Future self, I highly recommend more of this.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

Easily avoided...?

the only way i can avoid side quests is if i don’t know they exist in the first place

This is me.

I am also the person who will have to take every route through an area if there are multiple routes because there might be some good loot I missed.

On my way home from a political action meeting for north carolians living in NYC interested in affecting political change in NC since we live in such a liberal city in a blue state

It was really good! Going to bother all the NYC chatters to go to their feb fundraiser. Get ready y’all!

Fundraiser you say

I have....some experience with this

Next meeting is 2 weeks from today at 630!

I got my hands full during the week across the water, friend, alas

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Today I screwed up and got to the airport at the wrong time. I did a same day flight change but could only get stand by for the Charlotte to Louisville portion. So I sprinted for my plane to the gate of my stand by flight. And because a flight from Philly was delayed I got on board the flight. Sadly for them, that was the last flight from Charlotte to Louisville today. I kinda feel bad about that but not as much as I should.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    open world games where I love the open world and voluntarily fire the game up sometimes just to hang out there:

Vice City
    San Andreas
    GTA IV
    GTA V
    Red Dead Redemption
    LA Noire
    Fallout New Vegas
    Oblivion
    Skyrim
    AssCreed 2
    AssBro

most of these are games where I love the actual game and the open world, though in a few cases (GTAIV, the Elder Scrolls games) I'm not overly fond of the game part but really enjoy just hanging out in the worlds.

There are also a few instances of the reverse, where I dig the game well enough but the open world bores me for various reasons (Fallout 3, Inquisition), but not that many.

rRwz9.gif

Easily avoided...?

Skyrim tucks shit under "Miscellaneous" and like 90% of the time that works to deter me from pursuing that unimportant stuff but sometimes I'm like "Bitch that was NOT miscellaneous that was some important shit!"

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

get him hakkes

The best thing about the motorcycle in BotW is it lets you finish all those "collect 10 mundane items" quests so much faster.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Most game developers don't have the massive amounts of cash to make really, really good open worlds that are fun to wander around in like Rockstar does.

Elki wrote: »
    Nothing like working yourself out to exhaustion. Future self, I highly recommend more of this.

I’m happy to get back to doing this when it isn’t fuckawful cold outside anymore

Which conveniently is tomorrow at a balmy 30 degrees

Some people like those dumb collection quests because it briefly lets them escape the high pressure family life and have a concrete small goal to achieve. This is me arm chair analyzing one mass effect fan.

@Sir Landshark oops my hand slipped.

My cats are high stress yes.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    If any of you have shit your bed in the past 10 years I'ma think differently of you, that's all I'm saying

You will think “I should reach out sympathy and love for this person who has been so horrifically sick they shit the bed”, right

That is what you will think differently?

VRXwDW7.png

I wanted to post this when beast sent it to me because lolololol but I wasn’t sure if it was “politics” or just tales of a fucking idiot

I feel like it's tales of a fucking idiot but if the mods feel it's politics I won't bring him up again.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7p0rmh/i_still_have_not_received_my_27000_wire_reversal/

This is almost as great as the dude that squandered his and his sister's inheritance by buying bitcoin at a high and selling it at a low.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Couscous wrote: »

Easily avoided...?

This is me.

I am also the person who will have to take every route through an area if there are multiple routes because there might be some good loot I missed.

This is why I quite loved BOTW’s weapon breaking system after playing it for a while. It taught me to stop being such a fkin hoarder. Let it go, woman. There’s always another great thunderblade. So zen

I got la noire in 4k but man the gameplay has not aged well... So far at least.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Easily avoided...?

I feel like games should err on fewer sidequests, but more difficult, with unique rewards.

If a sidequest is more "go explore this jungle that you might otherwise ignore, fight the giant monster that lives in there, and then I will open up a whole new section of my store for you" then that's cool.

But too many games are still doing "bring me 10 rat penises and I'll give you some silver."

yeah and it kinda boggles the mind

why did they think that adding like twenty collect X penises would improve their game

it's not engaging it's not interesting it's not rewarding and it seems that very few games do them for the sake of pacing, either (like, cool down after intense sections with some easy breezy light chores, type of stuff)

EDIT: pacing, or as a means to show the player an area. Way too often just a to do list, because... to do lists is good game design?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I would cut off my best friend's right arm to get another pirate shanty so...

Psn:wazukki
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    open world games where I love the open world and voluntarily fire the game up sometimes just to hang out there:

Vice City
    San Andreas
    GTA IV
    GTA V
    Red Dead Redemption
    LA Noire
    Fallout New Vegas
    Oblivion
    Skyrim
    AssCreed 2
    AssBro

most of these are games where I love the actual game and the open world, though in a few cases (GTAIV, the Elder Scrolls games) I'm not overly fond of the game part but really enjoy just hanging out in the worlds.

There are also a few instances of the reverse, where I dig the game well enough but the open world bores me for various reasons (Fallout 3, Inquisition), but not that many.

what happened to sleeping dogs

Also today while I was moving down the aisle, I had to do the scrunch sideways thing to let a flight attendant pass and she said I smelled nice when she was moving by. It is said my ego grew three sizes that day.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I got la noire in 4k but man the gameplay has not aged well... So far at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72VXMjO14oc

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

You will think “I should reach out sympathy and love for this person who has been so horrifically sick they shit the bed”, right

That is what you will think differently?

Exactly

But also you gotta listen to your body, fam, is what I'd tell them

I feel like it's tales of a fucking idiot but if the mods feel it's politics I won't bring him up again.

For what it’s worth, I’m with you. Milo no longer has much political influence aside from being the self-appointed Duke of the Fucking Idiots

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

When would a court be okay withholding documents in your case from you? And why would they show them to your attorneys, but not to you?

idgi

This discussion has been closed.