As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 2 - Round 7: Game Over!

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Round 6: Action Phase Update 3

The Embers of Muaat: Play the primary ability of the (8) Imperial Strategy Card, claiming public objective "Intimidate the Council". (VP 4 --> 5)
    Draw 1 secret objective and return 1 to the deck. (2 unscored in hand, 3 total)
    No players play on the secondary.
    The Naalu Collective: Activate the New Albion-Starpoint System. (TP 1 --> 0)
    Move in 1 Carrier and 3 Fighters from Nebula system "Lion's Head".
    Exhaust Mehar Xull (1R), Starpoint (3R), and 2 Trade Goods (TG 2 --> 0) to build 1 Dreadnought (4R), 2 Fighters (1R), and 2 Infantry (1R) at Starpoint.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Activate the L1z1x Home System. (TP 1 --> 0)
    Exhaust Sakulag (2R), 1 Trade Good (TG 1 --> 0), +1R from Sarween Tools to build 1 Dreadnought (4R) at [0.0.0].
    Sardakk N'orr: Play the primary ability of the (2) Diplomacy strategy card, placing a command counter from every other player's reserves in the Mellon-Zohbat home system and refreshing Zohbat.
    Winnu plays on the secondary (SP 1 --> 0), refreshing Winnu and Mecatol Rex.
    The Emirates of Hacan: Activate the Hacan Home System. (TP 1 --> 0)
    Exhaust Hercant (1R), 11 Trade Goods (TG 11 --> 0), +1R from Sarween Tools to build 1 War Sun (12R) and 2 Infantry (1R) at Arretze.
    The Winnu: Play Action Card "Economic Initiative", refreshing no planets (no Cultural planets controlled). (AC 6 --> 5)
    The Embers of Muaat: Play Action Card "War Effort", placing 1 Cruiser in the Bereg-Lirta IV system. (AC 5 --> 4)
    The Naalu Collective: Pass turn.

Current Map: Round 6, Action Phase Update 3

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Winnu - 6 VP
    The Emirates of Hacan - 6 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 6 VP
    The Naalu Collective - 5 VP
    The Embers of Muaat - 5 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 2 VP

Public Objectives
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Naalu, Winnu, N'orr
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Naalu, Muaat, N'orr, Winnu, Hacan, L1z1x
    Sway the Council (1 VP): Spend 8 influence.: Hacan, Winnu, Naalu, Muaat
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors.: N'orr, Naalu, L1z1x, Hacan
    Intimidate Council (1 VP): Have one or more ships in 2 systems that are adjacent to Mecatol Rex's system.: Muaat
    Conquer the Weak (2 VP): Control 1 planet that is in another player's home system.: N'orr
    Master the Sciences (2 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 4 colors.
    3 Stage II Objectives have not yet been revealed.

Secret Objectives
    The Embers of Muaat: Become the Gatekeeper (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that contains an Alpha wormhole and 1 or more ships in a system that contains a Beta wormhole.
    2 unscored Secret Objectives in hand.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: 1 unscored Secret Objective in hand.
    The Winnu: 1 unscored Secret Objective in hand.
    The Emirates of Hacan: Master the Laws of Physics (Status Phase, 1 VP): Own 4 technologies of the same color.
    Learn Secrets of the Cosmos (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly.
    1 unscored Secret Objective in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: Threaten Enemies (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that is adjacent to another player's home system.
    Sardakk N'orr: Cut Supply Lines (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in the same system as another player's Space Dock.

Special Objectives
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Winnu
    Holy Planet of Ixth (1 VP): Granted to owner of Rarron, currently Hacan
    Hacan's Support of the Throne (1 VP): Promissory note currently held by Muaat
    Imperial Primary Ability (1 VP): Claimed two times by Winnu (Round 4 and 5)

The Embers of Muaat (discrider)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 8
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 0
    Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: L1z1x's Ceasefire, Hacan's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Support for the Throne, Fires of the Gashlai)
    Technology: Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Magmus Reactor, Assault Cannon, Sarween Tools, Cruiser II, Prototype War Sun II

Worlds:
    X - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    R - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Prototype War Sun (War Sun): As War Sun, but Movement 1.
    - Flagship: The Inferno: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 1 Cruiser in this unit's system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Fires of the Gashlai: Action: Remove 1 token from the Muaat player's Fleet pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, gain your War Sun upgrade technology card. Then, return this card to the Muaat player.
    - Racial Technology: Magmus Reactor (Red, requires 2 Red): Your ships may move into supernovas. After 1 or more of your units use Production in a system that either contains a War Sun or is adjacent to a supernova, gain 1 Trade Good.
    - Racial Technology: Prototype War Sun II (unit upgrade, requires 3 Red and 1 Yellow): As War Sun, but Cost 10, Movement 3.
    - Star Forge: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place either 2 Fighters or 1 Destroyer from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your War Suns.
    - Gashlai Physiology: Your ships can move through Supernovas.

The L1z1x Mindnet(Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 3

Promissory Notes: Muaat's Ceasefire, Muaat's Political Secret, Naalu's Political Secret, N'orr's Political Secret (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Cybernetic Enhancements)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Plasma Scoring, Assault Cannon, Sarween Tools, Inheritance Systems, Fleet Logistics, Gravity Drive, Cruiser II, Super-Dreadnought II

Worlds:
    X - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    X - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Super-Dreadnought (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Carry Capacity 2.
    - Flagship: [0.0.1]: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. During a Space Combat, hist produced by this ship and by your Dreadnoughts in this system must be assigned to non-Fighter ships if able.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Cybernetic Enhancements: At the start of your turn: Remove 1 token from the L1x1x player's Strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your Strategy pool. Then, return this card to the L1z1x player.
    - Racial Technology: Inheritance Systems (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): You may exhaust this card and spend 2 resources when you research a technology; ignore all of that technology's prerequisites.
    - Racial Technology: Super-Dreadnought II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Combat Value 4, Movement 2, Carry Capacity 2. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 4. This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" Action Cards.
    - Assimilate: When you gain control of a planet, replace each PDS and Space Dock that is on that planet with a matching unit from your reinforcements.
    - Harrow: After each round of Ground Combat, your ships in the active system may use their Bombardment abilities against your opponent's ground forces on the planet.

The Winnu (Phyphor)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Action Cards: 5

Fleet Pool: 5

Promissory Notes: Hacan's Ceasefire, N'orr's Tekklar Legion (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Hegemonic Trade Policy, Plasma Scoring, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, War Sun

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    X - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    X - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R, Research Team: Warfare)
    R - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.

The Emirates of Hacan (jakobagger)
    Commodities: 0 / 6
    Action Cards: 7

Fleet Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: Winnu's Ceasefire, Naalu's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Trade Convoys)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, Production Biomes, War Sun

Worlds:
    X - Arretze (2R, 0I)
    X - Hercant (1R, 1I)
    R - Kamdorn (0R, 1I)
    R - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    R - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    X - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    R - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I, Holy Planet, Demilitarized)
    X - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Wrath of Kenara: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. After you roll a die during a Space Combat in this system, you may spend 1 Trade Good to apply +1 to the result.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Trade Convoys: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, you may negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Hacan player's units, return this card to the Hacan player.
    - Racial Technology: Production Biomes (Green, requires 2 Green): Action: Exhaust this card and spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to gain 4 Trade Goods and choose 1 other player; that player gains 2 Trade Goods.
    - Racial Technology: Quantum Datahub Node (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): At the end of the Strategy Phase, you may spend 1 token from your Strategy pool and give another player 3 of your Trade Goods. If you do, give 1 of your Strategy cards to that player and take 1 of his Strategy cards.
    - Masters of Trade: You do not have to spend a Command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Trade Strategy card.
    - Guild Ships: You can negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor.
    - Arbiters: When negotiating a transaction, Action Cards can be exchanged as part of that transaction.

The Naalu Collective SPEAKER (Lykouragh)
    Action Cards: 7

Fleet Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: (Trade Argeement, Support for the Throne, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Hybrid Crystal Fighter II

Worlds:
    X - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    X - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. After combat, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.

Sardakk N'orr (MrBody)
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 5

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Exotrireme II, Carrier II

Worlds:
    X - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    X - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    X - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    R - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.

Neutral Worlds and Laws
    Research Team: Warfare: Attached to Meer. When the owner of this planet researches technology, he may exhaust this card to ignore 1 red prerequisite.
    Holy Planet of Ixth: Attached to Rarron. Control of this planet confers 1 victory point (and is lost upon loss of control). Units on this planet cannot use Production.
    Demilitarized Zone: Attached to Rarron. Players' units cannot land, be produced, or be placed on this planet.
    Committee Formation: Owned by N'orr. Before players vote on an agenda that requires a player to be elected, N'orr may discard this card to choose a player to be elected. Players do not vote on that agenda.

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective: (0) Politics PASSED
    The L1z1x Mindnet: (1) Leadership Current Player
    Sardakk N'orr: (2) Diplomacy
    The Emirates of Hacan: (5) Trade
    The Winnu: (7) Technology
    The Embers of Muaat: (8) Imperial

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Maintenance post for clarity, @MrBody to declare Sabotage or no Sabotage on Muaat's card play, after which it will (possibly) be the L1z1x turn to act.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    no sabotage

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @Ketar for next action

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Play Leadership. Exhaust Lor and Sakulag for 1 extra token. Make distribution 3/4/1.

@Phyphor @jakobagger @Lykouragh @MrBody @discrider

@MrBlarney I leave for PAX South tomorrow and won't be back home until late Monday night. I know from the last couple of years that my cell signal in the convention center is basically non-existent, and all evening hours will be spent drinking heavily with forumers, so I'm probably not going to be able to check in much or at all. I could try to leave some conditional orders with you. Or whatever else works, really.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Question about the Imperial card @MrBlarney :
    The Imperial strategy rules say to score POs as per the text on the PO card. Does this mean it ignores the home system rule as that is not on the PO card?

discrider on
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Play Leadership secondary

Exhaust all my planets for a total of 12 influence. Put 2 counters in tactic, 2 in strategy.

TC 2/FS 3/SC 2

• Options
    Exhaust all remaining planets except Tren'lak for 6 influence. +2 tactical for 2/4/0

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    I'm apparently dead broke so pass

• Options
    MrBody wrote: »
    Exhaust all remaining planets except Tren'lak for 6 influence. +2 tactical for 2/4/0

That's 9 influence though?

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    I leave for PAX South tomorrow and won't be back home until late Monday night. I know from the last couple of years that my cell signal in the convention center is basically non-existent, and all evening hours will be spent drinking heavily with forumers, so I'm probably not going to be able to check in much or at all. I could try to leave some conditional orders with you. Or whatever else works, really.
    @Ketar If you've got conditional orders and are comfortable with setting them, then I'll be happy to execute them to the best of my abilities. Otherwise, enjoy the convention and we'll get your actions when you get back.
    discrider wrote: »
    Question about the Imperial card:
    The Imperial strategy rules say to score POs as per the text on the PO card. Does this mean it ignores the home system rule as that is not on the PO card?
    @discrider No, the home system requirement is native to Public Objectives as under section 52.16 of the rules reference, and nothing in section 40 (Imperial) explicitly overturns this. There also appears to be some community consensus that this is a valid interpretation, based on the similar Bureaucracy Strategy Card from TI3e's Shattered Empire expansion (BGG ref).

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @MrBlarney , my interpretation would be that the below explicitly overturns this:

40.2 To resolve the primary ability on the “Imperial” strategy card,
    the active player can score one public objective of his choice if
    he meets that objective’s requirements as described on its card

There would be no reason to note this clause otherwise; it could just say 'the active player may immediately score one public objective' as per the short description.

... That is, I have no idea what ancillary requirements may be overridden by the Imperial card aside the home system rule.

discrider on
  • Options
    Actually, question recinded.
    The rules specify a requirements section and phase section on the card.
    So the above should read:
    he meets that objective’s requirements, but not phase, as described on its card.

It also gets daft, because ignoring the PO rules implies Imperial could lead to a double scoring of a PO.

• Options
    Yeah. The main thing that the Imperial Strategy Card overrides is the fact that Public Objectives normally can only be completed during the Status Phase. Nothing else about the scoring rules changes, including home planet control requirements.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    I think Ketar should take his next action whilst blackout drunk.

• Options
    I think Ketar should take his next action whilst blackout drunk.

It...wouldn't be the first time. Although no blackout levels, I'm too old for that shit.

• Options
    @MrBody I still believe you need to rework your secondary play and either decrease the planets exhausted or increase CCs gained.

And I still need to think what I'm doing.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    ???
    @MrBlarney , MrBody played Diplomacy on the Mellon system, not his home system

discrider on
  • Options
    Exhaust all but Bereg + 3TG for 12 influence. Dump 4 CC into Tactics 4/4/0 T/F/S

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Exhaust all but winnu for 4. 4/5/0

• Options
    edited January 2018
    MrBody played Diplomacy on the Mellon system, not his home system
    Good catch. I was thrown off because the order said "refresh planets" and the only N'orr system that had two exhausted planets was the home system, with Tren'lak and Quinarra. If the Mellon-Zohbat system was targeted instead, then only Zohbat gets refreshed. @MrBody, you'll need to clarify your orders in accordance with the updated game status info, as your orders still imply exhaustion of 9 Influence worth of planets. It will also be your action.

EDIT: I also made an error in recording exhausted planets on the map for L1z1x, where Arnor was marked as exhausted instead of Sakulag. Since Arnor and Sakulag each have the same resource and influence values, substituting Sakulag with Arnor squares up L1z1x's Leadership play.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    beetfarmerbeetfarmer Registered User regular
    @discrider

On January 3rd
    I should have had Tequ'ran, Zohbat, and Quinarra exhausted.

Play tech secondary. Exhaust Lodor, Tren'laq, and Thibah (blue tech spec) to research Light Wave Reflectors.

T/F/S: 0/4/0
    C/TG/AC: 0/4/5

After this, MrBody played Diplomacy and refreshed the Mellon/ Zohbat system. Only Mellon, Zohbat, Maaluuk and Torkan are available for Leadership secondary.

• Options
    Still leaves 8 Influence for potential spending on Leadership so clarification is still needed. I'll update the status posts and maps with corrections tonight.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Alright, all corrections made, I think. N'orr has four unexhausted planets at the start of the Leadership action (Maaluuk (0R, 2I), Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I), Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I), Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)) and 4 Trade Goods. So I think we're ready to go back to MrBody for N'orr's play on the Leadership secondary, and their action?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Spend 1 TG and exhaust the 8I to get 3 tokens.

T/F/S = 2/4/1

MrBody on
  • Options
    It is your turn to act, @MrBody.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Actually, can I undo that last order since nothing has happened? I do not wish to use the leadership secondary at all.

@MrBlarney

• Options
    edited January 2018
    ????
    What is a 0,3 planet for but CC.
    I don't understand at all.

Oh. VP.
    Makes sense
    I guess

discrider on
  • Options
    Actually, can I undo that last order since nothing has happened? I do not wish to use the leadership secondary at all.

I'll allow it. Just your action, then.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    @jakobagger , would you consider trading Phyphor's ceasefire to me?

• Options
    My action is PASS!

@jakobagger

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

I'm not sure that is even possible, but if it is I'd need a lot for it. Just the fact of the Winnu's huge fleets would be enough for me to value it highly, but further than that Winnu has my ceasefire and I really don't want my neighbour to have that first strike capability against me.

Action: exhaust prodction biomes and spend a SC (2>1) to gain 4TG and give 2TG to L1Z1X

• Options
    Promissory notes that are in hand can be traded, even if they are not your own. (Shards of the Throne obtained from another player are not in hand, as they are revealed face up, and so cannot be traded.)

Action is on @Phyphor.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    jakobagger wrote: »

I'm not sure that is even possible, but if it is I'd need a lot for it. Just the fact of the Winnu's huge fleets would be enough for me to value it highly, but further than that Winnu has my ceasefire and I really don't want my neighbour to have that first strike capability against me.

Action: exhaust prodction biomes and spend a SC (2>1) to gain 4TG and give 2TG to L1Z1X

So, after playing in a 10 hour TI4 tournament/game today: you can trade a Ceasefire if you want to. The only ones you can't are cards that go down face-up immediately, like Support For the Throne.

• Options
    edited January 2018

So, after playing in a 10 hour TI4 tournament/game today: you can trade a Ceasefire if you want to. The only ones you can't are cards that go down face-up immediately, like Support For the Throne.

So...
    You played one game then?
    :P

Seriously though, the other PbP game has used this to trade a card as a surety.
    So Player 1 trades his card to Player 2, and then when Player 1 makes the agreed future action, Player 2 trades the card back again.

discrider on
  • Options
    edited January 2018

So...
    :pop:

Indeed!

One game that went about 9.5 hours in real time. 8.5 or so when you subtract breaks. The final round took close to 1.5 hours after I jumped from 4 VP to 9 in a single round, and the tourney organizer stirred everyone up against me. I had a perfect fucking storm of cards come up in the agenda round that allowed him to win by hitting 10 the same round end, but with a lower initiative strategy card. Pretty amazing game though that went right down to the wire.

Then i drank my sorrows away in the company of forumers and sang some embarrassing karaoke, and now I hope for sleep and not death.

Ketar on
  • Options
    edited January 2018

So...

Indeed!

One game that went about 9.5 hours in real time. 8.5 or so when you subtract breaks. The final round took close to 1.5 jourse

That surprises me; this edition seems more streamlined.
    But I guess not that streamlined.

discrider on
  • Options

So...

Indeed!

One game that went about 9.5 hours in real time. 8.5 or so when you subtract breaks. The final round took close to 1.5 jourse

That surprises me; this edition seems less more streamlined.
    But I guess not that streamlined.

Everyone in our game had played TI before. 3 had played TI4, and I was least experienced at that level. The other 3 were TI3 vets of varying levels. Initial explanations and set-up took a little under an hour.

We took 1-1.5 hours worth of breaks. Some amount of random stoppage to be nice witb people walking by at the convention who stopped to ask about the game.

The last couple rounds were absurdly slow. Yssaril were involved as well as someone spending 18 influence on tactics tokens (+3 for playing leadership) to try to out-stall Yssaril.

• Options
    Oh, I see.

Like I said though, it would take a lot to make it worth it to me @discrider.

PS. playing a long-ass game like TI in a con setting sounds kind of stressful to me, but congrats on almost winning. 5 VP in one turn would definitely have made me aggressively target you with or without someone agitating against you, that is pretty scary.

• Options
    @jakobagger it would depend on what 'a lot' means to you.