As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Back in the 90's I was in a very famous TV show [BoJack Horseman]

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Odds that season 5 will talk about sexual assault in Hollywoo a bunch?

They already touched on it earlier in the show, but yeah, probably.

Yeah when I first saw that episode I was like "Oh, Hank Hippopopoulous is basically Bill Cosby."

Now I'm like, "oh... Hank Hippopopoulous is everyone in Hollywood"

Hank Hippopopolous's Rape Culture Apocalypse.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Oh shit.
    What if this is how they tear down Mr. Peanutbutter?
    I hope not.

I don’t want Mr. PB to wackily stumble into sexually assaulting someone, and intentionally assaulting someone feels like it would be out of character for him.

It’s more likely it’ll be bojack’s past coming back to haunt him.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I don't think it'd be out of character for PB to not listen to someone's wishes/only think from his perspective to the point where he steps over the line.

PB only seems to be a good dog when he gets to be a happy goofball.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

Swery is good and pure

EDIT: This totally ended up in the wrong thread

Maddoc on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    well much like Twin Peaks, it left me confused and pretty certain I had missed something

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Dammit Swery what did you do to the Bojack thread ! rofl

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    What year is it...?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Where's the fucking tv thread

this forum is stupid

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Where's the fucking tv thread

this forum is stupid

It's the thread with a Thanksgiving title atm! bwa hahaha

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My TV Thread would have been visible

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    my tv thread woulda been about cop rock

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    My TV thread would have had blackjack. And hookers.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    My TV thread would have had Bojack. And Horsemen.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My TV Thread would have been visible

TOO BAD, STEEEEEEVE!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    "The bojack horseman thread and put the title in italics and capitalize bojack and horseman"

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    So I rampaged through this entire show over the course of the last month (saving the Christmas special for closer to Christmas). Its so weird having a show that balances funny animal people with crazy puns and wordplay alongside some Real Ass Shit and "no no no don't do it no no no" moments.

I need to stop sleeping on shows like this.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Came across this on reddit and had to share with the Bojack thread, like how could I not
    xjy92ixnf0401.jpg

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    It's never not funny

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Just finished season 4.
    Nice to see Bojack get a happy resolution this year.

Sucks that Diane and Mr. Peanutbutter might be over though. Hoping they're not still planning to get her and Bojack together.

If Mr. Peanutbutter can't be happy, NOBODY CAN. >:(

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Just finished season 4.

Sucks that Diane and Mr. Peanutbutter might be over though. Hoping they're not still planning to get her and Bojack together.

Hah, I say. Hah!
    Diane and Bojack might get together, but it almost certainly could not be considered a "happy" thing. They reinforce each others' worst qualities, and would end in recrimination, sadness, and maybe death.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Just finished season 4.

Hah, I say. Hah!
    Diane and Bojack might get together, but it almost certainly could not be considered a "happy" thing. They reinforce each others' worst qualities, and would end in recrimination, sadness, and maybe death.
    I wish but I have a bad feeling they're setting her up as his happy ending.

Hope you're right though.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Just finished season 4.

Hah, I say. Hah!

I think his happy ending is him learning to quit engaging in self destructive behaviors while also learning to put the people he cares for ahead of himself. I know it is cliché but he needs to learn to love himself before he is ready to love anyone else. I would be very disappointed if they just slap him and Diane together and call it a day.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Just finished season 4.

Hah, I say. Hah!

If anything
    bring back Wanda

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Just finished season 4.

Hah, I say. Hah!

this show is a lot smarter than that and has, on countless ocassions, shown both characters why they'd be terrible together.

they are not a good influence on each other.
    they bring out the worst self-destructive tendencies in each other

i mean, in season four, when they are trapped underground, we see how immediately regressive they are for each other

honestly, after diane published her tell-all,
    her and bojack getting together was never gonna happen

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Started watching this show about a month ago, and just finished Season 4. Wow, this is one of the best TV shows I've ever watched. A lot of it made me feel a bit "get out of my head" uncomfortable, and all through the last few episodes it just kept getting darker. And then the end of the last episode, when he smiled I practically lost it. Amazing.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I took a two-month break after season 2 and started season 3 last week; made it up to the episode where they go to the Labrador Peninsula.

I cannot handle when Mr. Peanutbutter starts acting like a dog and in particular when his ears perk up and his tongue sticks out. It is too goddamn cute.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Oh my god the spaghetti strainers payoff oh my god nooooooo i can't stop laughing

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    God damn I forgot about this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9kNIEC-ipY

Fun fact:The main character of Bones was originally played by George Costanza.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Just finished season 4.

Hah, I say. Hah!

Yeeaaaaah.

They're really not good for each other.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so I rewatched Season 4 recently, and I've been trying to figure out what Season 5 is going to be about, and I had a chilling realisation
    assuming that Mr Peanutbutter and Diane are finally breaking up, this means that Diane is going to be single for the first time since Bojack's known her, and in an extremely vulnerable position

I am dreading a potential Bojack/Diane relationship, as I think she's probably the only thing that could really make him backslide after Hollyhock

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    so I rewatched Season 4 recently, and I've been trying to figure out what Season 5 is going to be about, and I had a chilling realisation
    assuming that Mr Peanutbutter and Diane are finally breaking up, this means that Diane is going to be single for the first time since Bojack's known her, and in an extremely vulnerable position

I am dreading a potential Bojack/Diane relationship, as I think she's probably the only thing that could really make him backslide after Hollyhock
    They've been pretty clear that this show is about incremental improvement. Bojack will always backslide but never as far. They also said the first 3 seasons were a sort of mini arc all their own, like a step 1 for Bojack's personal journey, and that the next three are intended to be a step two.

Not saying it won't happen but I'm thinking it won't be as devastating as it would have been in an earlier season

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

They've been pretty clear that this show is about incremental improvement. Bojack will always backslide but never as far. They also said the first 3 seasons were a sort of mini arc all their own, like a step 1 for Bojack's personal journey, and that the next three are intended to be a step two.

Not saying it won't happen but I'm thinking it won't be as devastating as it would have been in an earlier season
    that's interesting to hear

I don't think a Bojack/Diane relationship is avoidable at this point, but Bojack ending it by being the bigger person would be a good step forward for him

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I
    DOnt think that pairing makes sense for either of them at this point in their life and I have infinite faith in this team.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    The only thing I have faith in the Bojack team to do is crush my soul underneath their boots constantly while somehow making me beg for more.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

that's interesting to hear

I don't think a Bojack/Diane relationship is avoidable at this point, but Bojack ending it by being the bigger person would be a good step forward for him

This is probably how it goes, but he will do it by acting like a huge arsehole.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I just want Princess Carolyn to get a win for once.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Her primary episode last season was a FUCKING gut punch.

Even though I knew something was coming and I knew it wasn't going to be good...

• Options

Her primary episode last season was a FUCKING gut punch.

Even though I knew something was coming and I knew it wasn't going to be good...

They really suckered us in with that framing device.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Hooray I'm so glad there's a thread for this. I just started watching this show a few weeks ago and I have been really surprised how good it is. I thought it was just going to be surreal crude humour but they've made me really care about an alcoholic horse person. It's beaten first-4-seasons-of-Futurama as my favourite animated show.

I just started season 4 and I don't know how many more I have left but I'm going to be sad when I'm all caught up.

Brovid Hasselsmof on