As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vanity Thread 3.0: Harder, Better, Faster, [chat]er

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    I got through to the US part of the airport.

Howdy y’all!

RUN

Yes that is how i got in.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I got through to the US part of the airport.

Howdy y’all!
    As your welcoming agent, please have a gun and a bottle of bourbon, and here is a voucher to pick up your rental humvee.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    I am on season 5 of Elementary, a show I occasionally think is terrible. It's nice background and I don't have to pay too much attention. Occasionally an episode is really good. On the other hand, for a BRILLIANT GENIUS, Sherlock really loves to fuck up due process literally every episode.
    Look, if a "private citizen" can't hack into a person's computer without a warrant or their possession, or pick their lock and look around for criminal conduct, and then give it to the government so they can backdate a parallel construction argument. What kind of world is that?
    They are also constantly like CONFESS YOU DID IT
    oh you didnt do it
    CONFESS WHO YOU THINK DID IT
    its hilarious

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    elki the new sig is marvelous

Pats aren't ready.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    How the fuck do I turn off auto correct on this phone it's gone from correcting things to the wrong word to adding additional words now it's actually taking words and splicing them together instead of using the correct words

Jesus this is impossible my phone is possessed

Casual on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    How the fuck do I turn off auto correct on this phone it's gone from correcting things to the wrong word to adding addition words not it's actually taking words and splicing them together insteam of using the correct words

i turned off autocorrect and it turns out i can't type for shit on phones anyway, so it wasn't actually any better

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Bogart wrote: »
    I saw the first season of Elementary. It was pretty good.

I think I don't really care about due process in very silly TV shows about genius detectives. Egregious leaps of unreality may stick out, but the buy in at the start of the show includes a clause for letting most things go.
    They are fun to watch. The BBC Sherlock is also great. Benedict Cumberbatch is one of my favorite actors as well so that is nice...I'll also watch case closed on occasion, which is the ridiculous Japanese varient on the same concept.

...and I do a lot of detective audiobooks...
    I once did a great courses series lecture on detective literature...
    I think I'm just a fan of the detective genre. Hard boiled, and who done it, I'll take either.

zepherin on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    the thing about BBC sherlock that stuck out to me was how many times he uses evidence that could indicate many different things to infer a specific thing that just happened to be correct

like he was just the luckiest detective

• Options
    there are scratches on his phone that means he's an alcoholic

really dude

• Options
    Same can be said of regular Sherlock, you just gotta give it to 'em.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    How the fuck do I turn off auto correct on this phone it's gone from correcting things to the wrong word to adding addition words not it's actually taking words and splicing them together insteam of using the correct words

i turned off autocorrect and it turns out i can't type for shit on phones anyway, so it wasn't actually any better

Yeah that's what I thought about myself but this is insanely difficult

It just auto corrected "difficult" to "difful lut"

I didn't even misspell it!

• Options
    the thing about BBC sherlock that stuck out to me was how many times he uses evidence that could indicate many different things to infer a specific thing that just happened to be correct

like he was just the luckiest detective
    I made a career out of being lucky. I have essentially failed upwards.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    there are scratches on his phone that means he's an alcoholic

really dude

All the people whose stuff he guesses wrong are kicked out of the flat and never spoken to again. His friends are just people who nod and lie and say oh yes very clever that's accurate and share concerned looks behind his back.

• Options

i have the swedish and spanish keyboards on my phone turned on as well for duolingo and so things can get really confusing sometimes

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular

Welsh?

• Options
    but the number of times i've typed a word correctly, it changes it to a different word, and then i back up and type the word again, only to have it change to the other word

over and over

i've almost smashed my phone a few times

• Options
    Haphazard wrote: »

Welsh?

who knows?

• Options
    Btw. I've also never watched an episode of Law and Order.

• Options
    you're killing me haps

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    but the number of times i've typed a word correctly, it changes it to a different word, and then i back up and type the word again, only to have it change to the other word

over and over

*observes almost smashed phone*

He's an alcoholic.

• Options

over and over

He's an alcoholic.

JUST BECAUSE IT'S TRUE DOESN'T MEAN

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Law and Order sounds like a lame superhero duo. Like hawk and dove but lawyers.

• Options
    @Surfpossum I picked up The Witness when it came out, played a bunch of it for a few days, then stopped for a reason I can't remember. I tried to play it again from where I left, and I'm now convinced that's not possible, I need to restart because I don't remember a thing about where I am and how to do any of the puzzles.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

over and over

He's an alcoholic.

JUST BECAUSE IT'S TRUE DOESN'T MEAN

Dear-Data-3.jpg

• Options
    When I’m about to board a plane to go to a PAX, I always notice people with nerdy shirts. Gee whiz I wonder why, I ask wearing a nerdy shirt.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Update to Dark Souls Remastered info

Coming to Switch as well as the current gen and PC

• Options
    Update to Dark Souls Remastered info

Coming to Switch as well as the current gen and PC

Now you too can die on the go.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

dammit haps

• Options
    The Witness is a goddamn masterpiece of a game.

• Options
    how many half frozen mincemeat pies did you consume yesterday Bogart?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    From Kotaku Dark Souls 2 and 3 to Switch also at some point
    According to multiple sources, both in development and retail, in the next few hours Nintendo will announce a Nintendo Direct Mini to air shortly afterwards showing 2018 software for Switch. As part of this Nintendo Direct, Dark Souls Remastered will be revealed, updating the original game to be playable portably for the first time. Our sources say this is the closing announcement of the direct.

A few hours later it will be announced that Dark Souls Remastered is also coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC. These ports are being handled by a separate company from the Switch port, and will feature rebuilt lighting and SFX based on Dark Souls 3, as well as upscaled textures. One change we've been made aware of is that multiplayer will be expanded to support six concurrent players, which makes sense if the goal is to get Dark Souls' covenant system working a little more smoothly.

One of our sources indicates that Bandai Namco plans to bring all three Dark Souls games to Switch eventually, but the oft-rumoured 'trilogy' bundle is not how this will be happening – yet. The Dark Souls Remaster will be launching in May on all platforms.

• Options
    how many half frozen mincemeat pies did you consume yesterday Bogart?

Four. I took three more with me to work to gnaw on there. One remains.

• Options
    I also have not seen a whole episode of Law & Order. It just wasn't a thing over here until relatively recently, and by the time it got here the appeal seemed slim.

NYPD Blue, though. I watched the hell out of that.

• Options
    What kind of animal is a mince? Like a bird or...?

• Options
    I also have not seen a whole episode of Law & Order. It just wasn't a thing over here until relatively recently, and by the time it got here the appeal seemed slim.

the UK version had Apollo from Battlestar!

• Options
    My poop is running late, and I'm having cramps...when this engine arrives it is going to be carrying a lot of freight behind it.

• Options

Was The Wire big in the UK? Does everyone on that side of the pond think Baltimore is all drugs and murder?

...I'm not saying they are entirely wrong.

• Options

dammit haps

BBT is right there, what else would you need?

• Options
    The Wire was as big here as it was elsewhere, which is to say, big within certain circles that were themselves dwarfed by the circles that were watching Law & Order or the local equivalent.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.