As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vanity Thread 3.0: Harder, Better, Faster, [chat]er

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    many years ago i had a customer trying to play hardball with getting credit for a returned part she hadn't actually sent back yet

and i calmly explained that i needed the part back before i could issue credit for several minutes

but she wouldn't relent and kept getting shittier

so finally i just said, "look, you fucking shithead, if you want your god damned credit you're going to have to send the fucking part back first" and hung up on her

and apparently she was just offended that i said "god damned"

they don't let me talk to customers much anymore

Okay but

Fuck people like that

The world is full of people whose go-to phone move is "just be shittier and shittier" because they're relying on companies using phone people as sacrificial lambs until they eventually throw the angry customer some bone and it works often enough with no repercussions

Fuck 'em

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    A clock museum bought the parking lot the bakery uses and it's going from "free" to "$100/month".

Fucking clock museum.

these clocks don't run themselves matt

oh wait they do?

well um

I can't think of anything less useful than a clock museum.

The guy spent 6 years building a building for it, some modern concrete and glass eyesore that doesn't fit the neighborhood at all, that he constantly had to go to court to fight over because of union grievances.

Then the big retirement home across the street went up for sale, it's a 5 story L-shaped building, and he outbid the YMCA that was going to use it for low-rent housing, and he turned THAT into even more clock museum.

And he's going to fill it with things that do a worse job telling time than the phone in my pocket does.

the american dream

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Getting an appointment with an oncologist for Payton

: (

919UOwT.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    many years ago i had a customer trying to play hardball with getting credit for a returned part she hadn't actually sent back yet

and i calmly explained that i needed the part back before i could issue credit for several minutes

so finally i just said, "look, you fucking shithead, if you want your god damned credit you're going to have to send the fucking part back first" and hung up on her

Okay but

Fuck people like that

The world is full of people whose go-to phone move is "just be shittier and shittier" because they're relying on companies using phone people as sacrificial lambs until they eventually throw the angry customer some bone and it works often enough with no repercussions

Fuck 'em

oh i have no regrets for sure

i don't take shit from nobody

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    If the clock museum lets me stare at a really complex mechanical watch's internal gears moving, it is worth it.

there's actually a kind of funny curve with new employees here where the first few months we get along fine and then they get comfortable and start making stupid demands and i snap at them and then there's like a year where they are afraid of me, and then everyone learns to not be stupid and we get along fine again

i may not be the best person but it works for me

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    alright here we go

*cringes*

'hi bob'

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    hm, so despite telling them i didn't want to do performance reviews, here i am doing performance reviews

they got around that by adopting a system in which everyone has do performance reviews of a few people

performance reviews suck
    If your performance review is being compared to theirs for raises/promotion harsh but fair, if they are your subordinates and your team is being evaluated based on your evaluation full points for all, unless you think you'll need to fire or lay off someone.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    If the clock museum lets me stare at a really complex mechanical watch's internal gears moving, it is worth it.

It's all sundials and digital, sorry.

nibXTE7.png
  • Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    clocks are cool though.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Getting an appointment with an oncologist for Payton

: (

sorry to hear that. here's hoping for the best

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I finally went to see a doctor and got some medicine

Theres a good chance that a few weeks from now I'll be able to balance, hear AND breef thru bah dose

What an age we live in!

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

You know. I hear that a ton around here. My buddy at work says fuck like it's going out of style. But won't say "GD" and gets uncomfortable when I say it. That girl I had a good run with last year also said something about it. I'll never get used to religious folks thinking that's the most offensive curse word.

cptrugged on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

You know. I hear that a ton around here. My buddy at work says fuck like it's going out of style. But won't say "GD" and gets uncomfortable when I say it. That girl I had a good run with last year also said something about it. I'll never get used to religious folks thinking that's the most offensive curse word.

i mostly won't say it, yeah

sig.gif

i wonder if that's why it's so cathartic for me to say :P

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    heading back down to NZ in march to help deal with all of my grandmother's stuff and house. her will had instructions for the house, which is great, but nothing about the contents. I don't think there will be much of an issue, but there's some neat stuff from my grandad's days in the RNZAF when they were stationed in Singapore. Just need to figure out how much I'm willing to spend to freight stuff back home, or if I just stick to what I can get in a suitcase.

also going to do a 5 day great walk, the heapy track, which is going to be bloody fantastic!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

The best part is it isn't even a curse word. It's literally a prayer. "God, please damn this thing that offends me."

People are all "you're taking the lord's name in vain!" and you're not. Taking the lord's name in vain is claiming God supports something/agrees with something/ is ascribed to something God isn't.

So all the people who're like "God hates the gays", that's actual taking the lord's name in vain.

"God damn those people", you're just saying your prayers.

nibXTE7.png
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I would love an Aliens movie set in the ocean. Xenomorph whales, dolphins, sharks, squid, deep sea critters, etc.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    It's been so long since I could breathe through my nose

I'm not sure I even remember what it's like

I'm probably gonna spend some time walking around all high and giddy on oxygen

The best part is it isn't even a curse word. It's literally a prayer. "God, please damn this thing that offends me."

People are all "you're taking the lord's name in vain!" and you're not. Taking the lord's name in vain is claiming God supports something/agrees with something/ is ascribed to something God isn't.

So all the people who're like "God hates the gays", that's actual taking the lord's name in vain.

"God damn those people", you're just saying your prayers.

"god bless you" is taking the lord's name in vain if "god damn you" is

anyway i didn't mean to turn this into make fun of religious people [chat]

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    cannot wait for 5 days of views like this let me tell you what
    c4IrOmEl.jpg

about 50 miles total, which will be long but doable, and most of the elevation is on the first day.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

too late fucker i'm sending the mormons

sig.gif

god, please damn chanus in particular, for he should really know better by now

But isn't god like

Always besmoting the tribes of the Canaanites or whatever in the Bible

He floods the entire planet like a crybaby

He damns things nonstop and lots of souls go to hell

What's one more damning here and there

c4IrOmEl.jpg

about 50 miles total, which will be long but doable, and most of the elevation is on the first day.

Duuuuuude

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    c4IrOmEl.jpg

Oh hell no

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    luckily there are 9 people on this call so i might be able to stick to my plan of hiding quietly on mute and not getting asked anything

Arch,
    luckily there are 9 people on this call so i might be able to stick to my plan of hiding quietly on mute and not getting asked anything

TEAR THEM A NEW ASSHOLE

[CHAT] WANTS BLOOD

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    But isn't god like

listen that was old testament god new testament god has chilled out and doesn't play that shit no more

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    P10 wrote: »
    But isn't god like

listen that was old testament god new testament god has chilled out and doesn't play that shit no more

new testament god does seem far more focused on minutiae

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I would love an Aliens movie set in the ocean. Xenomorph whales, dolphins, sharks, squid, deep sea critters, etc.
    Xenomorphs have an instinctive fear of the The Deep Ones and their old gods.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    c4IrOmEl.jpg

Got Dayum!

But isn't god like

as a dad I totally get the whole old testament / new testament thing now

it's like

you fuckers as so goddam annoying and short sighted and you won't heed anything I say I just wanna smite you

but also I really love you im sorry it's not your fault here's a beautiful rainbow

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    omg there is another guy at the dealership who is much cooler and may hamper down the mean guy

pls yes dude gimme more Steve

Arch,
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Xenomorphs

Are good

Man is the real monster

919UOwT.png
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    But isn't god like

as a dad I totally get the whole old testament / new testament thing now

it's like

you fuckers as so goddam annoying and short sighted and you won't heed anything I say I just wanna smite you

but also I really love you im sorry it's not your fault here's a beautiful rainbow Oh and uhh... I gotta run to the store and buy... a pack of cigarettes...

*disappears for thousands of years*

Psn:wazukki
    Arch wrote: »
    Xenomorphs

Are good

*raises hand*

Is this gonna be a stand up thread sir, or another bug post?

Old Testament God was just the Israelites excuse for being dicks. "God SAID we should destroy this whole city."

God's like "How many times do I have to let you fuckers get enslaved and sent into the desert for decades before you get it..."

Then he sends his hippie son down to spread the peace and love and they're like "Sure, sure, peace and love, right, FALSE PROPHET GET HIM" and back to being dicks...

nibXTE7.png
This discussion has been closed.