As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vanity Thread 3.0: Harder, Better, Faster, [chat]er

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    agh now I have to watch season 1 of the OC again

dang it bobby

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Old Testament God was just the Israelites excuse for being dicks. "God SAID we should destroy this whole city."

God's like "How many times do I have to let you fuckers get enslaved and sent into the desert for decades before you get it..."

Then he sends his hippie son down to spread the peace and love and they're like "Sure, sure, peace and love, right, FALSE PROPHET GET HIM" and back to being dicks...
    wow this anti-semitism

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    gimme more steve is my traffic and journey cover band

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    many years ago i had a customer trying to play hardball with getting credit for a returned part she hadn't actually sent back yet

and i calmly explained that i needed the part back before i could issue credit for several minutes

but she wouldn't relent and kept getting shittier

so finally i just said, "look, you fucking shithead, if you want your god damned credit you're going to have to send the fucking part back first" and hung up on her

and apparently she was just offended that i said "god damned"

they don't let me talk to customers much anymore

Sometimes you have to fire a customer. Into the sun.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    many years ago i had a customer trying to play hardball with getting credit for a returned part she hadn't actually sent back yet

and i calmly explained that i needed the part back before i could issue credit for several minutes

so finally i just said, "look, you fucking shithead, if you want your god damned credit you're going to have to send the fucking part back first" and hung up on her

Okay but

Fuck people like that

The world is full of people whose go-to phone move is "just be shittier and shittier" because they're relying on companies using phone people as sacrificial lambs until they eventually throw the angry customer some bone and it works often enough with no repercussions

Fuck 'em

oh i have no regrets for sure

i don't take shit from nobody

*brofist*

It gets jack shit from me either. If they keep making the same demand to me I just keep saying EXACTLY the same sentence to them in a progressively more and more "explaining like they're five" tone of voice and if they swear at me I'm like "I don't have to take your call byeee" and hang up on them

Basic rules of being a customer on the phone to me,

1) The customer is not always right. I'm the one doing this professionally, I'm the one that tells you how it is not the other way around.

2) You the customer is the one asking me for help, I am not obliged to give it. Speak to me like an asshole and you can find someone else to deal with your problem for you.

3) If I say I'm not going to be providing you with service for whatever reason there is a finite amount of time I'm going to spend 'splainin it to you. No I don't care what you're going to do now that's your problem not mine, I got shit to do today other than repeating the word "no" to you for an hour.

It's amazing how many people get on the phone to customer service people thinking they're the ones in complete and total control and it veeeeerrrryyy much does not work like that, you come on my turf you're playing by my rules SON.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Being on the forums is like a day on the farm

Every [chat] thread a banquet!
    Every cute pet post a fortune!
    Every banning a parade!

I love the forums!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    milski wrote: »

Sometimes you have to fire a customer. Into the sun.

the best part is the choices here are basically us or the shitty international conglomerate with no service and higher prices

so like

sure they threaten to stop buying from us sometimes

but they'll be back

Chanus on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    what even is a steak umms

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Ok. I may have too much of Aliens memorized.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    But isn't god like

Always besmoting the tribes of the Canaanites or whatever in the Bible

He floods the entire planet like a crybaby

He damns things nonstop and lots of souls go to hell

What's one more damning here and there
    listen that was old testament god new testament god has chilled out and doesn't play that shit no more

as a dad I totally get the whole old testament / new testament thing now

it's like

you fuckers as so goddam annoying and short sighted and you won't heed anything I say I just wanna smite you

but also I really love you im sorry it's not your fault here's a beautiful rainbow
    And it was Sodom and Gomorrah there anyways, that's how you got the kids.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Cheesesteak meat, basically. Flash frozen thin slices of raw low grade steak. They're actually really good for making a fast cheeseteak.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    now Mal is taking the reigns

take it away Mal

ur hella awkward in the office and we all try to avoid talking to you

but not right now

right now you're my hero

keep talking yess yess he's just talking and talking and talking i love it

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options

frozen shaved steak like the kind you would use in a cheesesteak

• Options

Delicious

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    p sure lud has a side gig as the steak umms marketing consultant

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    she's not rach umm? what the hell is a rach umm, another one of ur paleontologist terms i wouldn't know?

Arch,
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Everytime I see or hear Steak Umms I'm reminded of the Big 'Uns nudie magazines from Married with Children.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    It's amazing how many people get on the phone to customer service people thinking they're the ones in complete and total control and it veeeeerrrryyy much does not work like that, you come on my turf you're playing by my rules SON.

you're v tough and I'm super impressed

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Everytime I see or hear Steak Umms I'm reminded of the Big 'Uns nudie magazines from Married with Children.

nice

• Options
    p sure lud has a side gig as the steak umms marketing consultant

Honestly, I really like them for a corporate account. They're funny, they interact with people, they hand out a lot of coupons, people being weird people were begging for steak umms merch so they released a bunch with all profits going to meals on wheels.

I mean I'm sure there's problematic shit there but whatever they're fun to interact with

• Options
    Imma get some steakums next time I get groceries.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    So we all live on thin steak strips hurtling through space?

• Options
    i need to find a place here that has iberico ham bones

it's going to be a challenge

i can apparently buy a 16lb iberico ham on the internet for $450 but i'm thinking smaller scale

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I personally prefer spam

so versatile!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Google had me sign in to my account yesterday on my home machine and it freaked me out. Probably some window update reset my cookies. Weird thing was it was saying authorize a machine in redmond when I live in bothell, but I remembered that for some reason the geo coding for my area (like weather apps etc) always tags us in redmond.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    I personally prefer spam

so versatile!

spam is good and i will fight people

i mean not good for you

probably actively harmful

but

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Google had me sign in to my account yesterday on my home machine and it freaked me out. Probably some window update reset my cookies. Weird thing was it was saying authorize a machine in redmond when I live in bothell, but I remembered that for some reason the geo coding for my area (like weather apps etc) always tags us in redmond.

I've seen some weird cert prompts in Google apps lately.

• Options
    Sad truth of the matter is capitalism works exactly the way we always feared it does, businesses give zero fucks about the individual customer and that is 100% down to a vocal minority of lunatics that make it impossible to run a real complaints process.

We wouldnt keep employees longer than a week if complaints actually meant anything. Complaints and report functions are basically like the buttons on the road crossing, pushing them makes eejits feel like they're in control but really the button isn't hooked up to anything.

• Options
    oh man he just mentioned my name for something i'm not related to at all, hahaha shiiit man

Arch,
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

my location is often like anywhere within 90 miles of me depending on the day

• Options
    oh man he just mentioned my name for something i'm not related to at all, hahaha shiiit man

rip

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »

you're v tough and I'm super impressed

*hangs up phone*

Showed HIM

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I'd really struggle in a position where I'd have to take a lot of calls at a desk. I'm pretty much incapable of talking on the phone without pacing around. But a body in motion is a mind in motion and all that.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Sad truth of the matter is capitalism works exactly the way we always feared it does, businesses give zero fucks about the individual customer and that is 100% down to a vocal minority of lunatics that make it impossible to run a real complaints process.

We wouldnt keep employees longer than a week if complaints actually meant anything. Complaints and report functions are basically like the buttons on the road crossing, pushing them makes eejits feel like they're in control but really the button isn't hooked up to anything.

you blame capitalism but then credit it with not letting the lunatic minority get their way

I don't see the downside here

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I personally prefer spam

so versatile!

spam is good and i will fight people

i mean not good for you

probably actively harmful

but

nothing shocks the system like spam!

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I personally prefer spam

so versatile!

One time while drunk I ate an entire tin of spam on a naan bread.

I'm not allowed near spam any more.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Amy how long till you move to the Pacific grey west?

Like, 12 days? Incredibly soon.

Which end of the excited->freaking out spectrum are you on?

Both.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    my geolocating never works because google maps can't track the depth of my shame

• Options
    oh shit my turns up next...

tenor.gif

Arch,
This discussion has been closed.