As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vanity Thread 3.0: Harder, Better, Faster, [chat]er

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    If the answer to that puzzle is not 15 then it must be:

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    For people who prefer the Xbox controller

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Oh my God why are tonsil stones so vile

Jesus Christ what is happening in my mouth

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Oh my God why are tonsil stones so vile

Jesus Christ what is happening in my mouth

they are super gross

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I am pretty sure I am a pure physical manifestation of anxiety at this point

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    now someone on the call is talking about millennials and everyone keeps referring to me

I had to listen to a bunch of engineers about my age (aka millennials) bitch about millennials recently and I just wanted to tell them all to shut the fuck up

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    This is p. cool

Snoopy is the official NASA safety mascot, and every astronaut brings a silver Snoopy lapel pin up with them. Upon returning from space, astronauts give someone who helped keep them safe their pin. It's only (typically) available for non-managerial employees:

https://www.nasa.gov/directorates/heo/sfa/aac/silver-snoopy-award

https://i.imgur.com/lbPo4KD.jpg

Additionally, the lunar module from Apollo 10 (that is, the mission before the first moon landing, the "trial run" mission) was named Snoopy, and was the only Lunar Module not intentionally destroyed by deorbiting itself and crashing into the Moon's surface. Instead, it fired its engines in the opposite direction, and ended up in a solar orbit independent of the Earth or Moon so that now, 48 years later, Snoopy is still out there, doing its thing, being one of our weirdest-placed pieces of space junk! :)

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    In Greek mythology, Oizys is the goddess of Misery, Anxiety, Grief, and Depression. She is the daughter of Nyx, the goddess of night and the twin of the god Momos.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    In Greek mythology, Oizys is the goddess of Misery, Anxiety, Grief, and Depression. She is the daughter of Nyx, the goddess of night and the twin of the god Momos.

Yes

It is me

edited January 2018
    It looks increasingly likely that the Falcon Heavy will perform its static fire test today, by the way!

Here she is, waiting on the launchpad (Ford F150 at the bottom of the image for scale):

GK4SS0ql.png

Edit: That same image at about twice the size.

BeNarwhal on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wow youtube fired logan paul, that was surprising. Let that be a lesson, you can be racist and support nazis and keep your lucrative deals, but show one suicide...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    How many Greek gods were there? I still learn about a new one on occasion.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    #1's school is incorporating this into their gym class and I'm hella jealous

https://www.dancepl3y.com/

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »

not sure but it has quite the pantheon

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Hey Amy, where in the PNW are you moving to?

Seattle!!

Excellent. I have a trip tentatively scheduled for February there.

Squaredance and swing were things I learned in PE.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

There are a ton of river and sea gods.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »

I had to go into the comments for the answer :o

*reads first hint comment*

god damn it
    Is this some kind of joke instead of an actual math puzzle.

I need to know if I need more scratch paper.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Be positive, be fun, be yourself!

What if the last one isn't the first two. Is this a "doubt your commitment to sparkle motion" kind of situation

nibXTE7.png
    Surfpossum wrote: »

god damn it

Pattern puzzle.

Aww, neat! My nephew (who I think is roughly #1's age) friggin' loves dancing, I wonder if they do dance in his gym classes

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    We did square dancing, the electric slide, and the macarena in PE.

Surfpossum wrote: »

god damn it

It's not a joke.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Squaredance and swing were things I learned in PE.

I blame racists for making squaredancing a thing in the mid-20th century. Gosh darned Henry Ford.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Hey I'm actually super into the idea of that Hori PS4 controller, I've never really liked the analog stick placement on dual shocks. Except on Katamari games. It really works there.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    We did square dancing, the electric slide, and the macarena in PE.

We did dodgeball with all the sports kids on one side and the people who were no committal on the other.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Wow youtube fired logan paul, that was surprising. Let that be a lesson, you can be racist and support nazis and keep your lucrative deals, but show one suicide...

Didn't pdp also lose his show?

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Hori makes good stuff.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

He lost some stuff, but it seems like Logan Paul is getting it worse losing pretty much everything but access to post things on youtube.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    For people who prefer the Xbox controller

HMM.

Hmm.

I will most likely buy this when I inevitably get a PS4 of some sort.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Wow. That is surprising.

But it makes sense. They dropped PewDiePie's Redtube show as well after his controversy.

SniperGuy wrote: »

It was an additional deal. He got a slap on the wrist really for as much as he makes.

Further regarding Snoopy the Lunar Module, it was the last Lunar Module that NASA let the crew name independently. As they started landing on the Moon and ending up in the newspapers more and more, it became increasingly important to NASA that these vehicles have at least somewhat dignified callsigns, which is why they flew the Eagle on Apollo 11 :P

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    The bumpers/triggers look almost closer to a Switch Pro controller than a 360 one, which is also A-OK with me.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    @Neco

Y so anxious?

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Hey Amy, where in the PNW are you moving to?

Seattle!!

Excellent. I have a trip tentatively scheduled for February there.

Then you know what you must do

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

Wow. That is surprising.

But it makes sense. They dropped PewDiePie's Redtube show as well after his controversy.

Youtube Red is such a terrible branding choice...

I ate an engineer
  • porpporp Registered User regular
    now someone on the call is talking about millennials and everyone keeps referring to me

I had to listen to a bunch of engineers about my age (aka millennials) bitch about millennials recently and I just wanted to tell them all to shut the fuck up

Jesus. You're in a mood today, shark

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Last I heard they didn't fire Paul. They ended his role in a Red series and took him out of their premium ad program granted to the top 5% youtubers. Basically he gets ad content same as a tiny channel. He'll still get money from ads though, just not premium money.

It's a huge financial blow still

This discussion has been closed.