As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vanity Thread 3.0: Harder, Better, Faster, [chat]er

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    We were all told about stairs, they warned us.

PSN: Honkalot
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Chatbutts I just bought a fire emblem game for my 3ds for my trip

I have the budget for one more game

Give me a 3ds recommendation

No Zelda or Pokémon
    which fire emblem

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

No Zelda or Pokémon

Monster Hunter Stories. You can download the demo and try it out if you have time.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

No Zelda or Pokémon

SO8VK6U.jpg

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    A movie about a serial killer who trips his victims down flights of stairs, comes out in September, entitled "Have A Nice Trip", with the tagline See It Next Fall.

DO YOU HAVE STAIRS IN YOUR HOUSE?

Jubal77 wrote: »

No Zelda or Pokémon

Monster Hunter Stories. You can download the demo and try it out if you have time.

Or Ever Oasis.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    A movie about a serial killer who trips his victims down flights of stairs, comes out in September, entitled "Have A Nice Trip", with the tagline See It Next Fall.

bruh

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

No Zelda or Pokémon
    Monster Hunter Generations

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

No Zelda or Pokémon
    which fire emblem

Birthright

I probably made the wrong choice but fuck if I could navigate through all that shit

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Abdy how was that whimsy?

It's just addition ?

Edit: it should be noted in not a math person and there might be advanced whimsy afoot.

If only we had a chat whimsy expert.

navgoose on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

i live in a one story house and i built a flight of stairs to nowhere just so i could push someone down them

Bless your heart.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

No Zelda or Pokémon

Didn't the new Style Savvy just come out?

TTODewback wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

i live in a one story house and i built a flight of stairs to nowhere just so i could push someone down them

now im picturing the movie as like a bunch of final destination type machinations just to get someone that lives in a one story ranch up to the top of a flight of stairs somewhere

• Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    It is a kind of math. Digit sums are a thing.

I much prefer this kind of puzzle to what I used to get sent on facebook all the time, which were "puzzles" that "disproved math" because they had ambiguous answers due to how you interpret PEMDAS, but really, 99% of the time, the issue was that they were math equations written with poor mathematical grammar. (there's a reason no mathematician uses ÷ basically ever)

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    A Law and Order episode about a tightrope walker who was murdered via someone sabotaging his equipment, causing him to take a fatal spill during his act.

Later the detectives discover that someone accessed his savings account and absconded with the several hundred thousand dollars he had in it.

Lenny Brisco thanks the bank clerk and says to his partner as they walk out, "Guess he lost his balance."

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

No Zelda or Pokémon
    which fire emblem

Birthright

I probably made the wrong choice but fuck if I could navigate through all that shit
    It's fine you can in app purchase the other one, I think it's like 20 bones. And 20 bones for revalation, but it's a totes different story.

No Zelda or Pokémon
    which fire emblem

Birthright

Hoshido > Nohr. You chose wisely.

No Zelda or Pokémon
    which fire emblem

Birthright

birthright is the one that is supposed to be more like awakening, but you don't get maids/butlers

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    The puzzle a bit on the cheezy side yes but at least its not one of those stupid 4+5 x 2 argument puzzles on facebook or one of those stupid pattern puzzles where they assign value to an icon but have like fries equal 5 but in one of the icons take out 2 out of 5 fries.

I'm kinda okay with those because counting things is a normal thing that people have to do. They're a little frustrating because the images are usually jpeg-compressed to shit and the icons are tiny and most social media usage is on phone apps. Whether you notice that one yellow clump of pixels is four bananas instead of five bananas has as much to do with your eyesight and screen quality as it does with your perceptiveness to detail.

But ultimately the skills involved aren't particularly weird, its just like counting up a bill at a grocery store. Each apple is worth 5 and each banana is worth 1 and you have to count how many you have of each.

The reason I think people get frustrated at the puzzle we're discussing in chat is because adding digits together without regards to placement is just not something that people do in any other context (except in conspiracy theories, numerology, and other wacky bullshit).

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Who was that crazy lady that kept adding stairs and door to her house that went to nowhere?

Krathoon wrote: »
    Who was that crazy lady that kept adding stairs and door to her house that went to nowhere?

was it neco?

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Falcon Heavy static fire scrubbed for today, will make another go of it tomorrow :)

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Star Trek Discovery is a very pretty show

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

No Zelda or Pokémon
    which fire emblem

Birthright

birthright is the one that is supposed to be more like awakening, but you don't get maids/butlers

I have never played a fire emblem before, but I am very upset that I don’t get maids and butlers now what the FUCK I can’t believe I can’t have a maid and Butler his is so FUCKING unrealistic

Sorry I'm late to performance review, I was debating a math puzzle on my phone.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    My favorite of the "pattern math deduction" puzzles is the one someone sent Reckful that ended up being a reference to him missing lethal at Blizzcon, but it's only funny because of the context.

vRyue2p.png

No Zelda or Pokémon
    which fire emblem

Birthright

I have never played a fire emblem before, but I am very upset that I don’t get maids and butlers now what the FUCK I can’t believe I can’t have a maid and Butler his is so FUCKING unrealistic

wow, class traitor much

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

was it neco?

I legit read that post and thought “that sounds cool!”

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    if I die from falling down the stairs I want zeph charged as an accessory to murder

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    moniker wrote: »

*Less than 5 hours M-F?

*Fewer

Grammar’s at a premium these days

And yet here you are, @joshofalltrades , giving it away for free.

*files grievance with WTO*

ArbitraryDescriptor on

was it neco?

I legit read that post and thought “that sounds cool!”

yeah I was like

this sounds like a very neco thing to do

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    100% accurate representation of Neco's house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGKs9-VLgsQ

No Zelda or Pokémon
    which fire emblem

Birthright

instead you get ninjas

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    man cuphead is such good game

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k

was it neco?

Winchester house...?

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    navgoose wrote: »

It's just addition ?

Edit: it should be noted in not a math person and there might be advanced whimsy afoot.

because going oh lol adding digits, we never said 39 was one number, silly

fuck that, eat shit, puzzle maker

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png

was it neco?

Winchester house...?

Dean or Sam, or are they still living together?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    man cuphead is such good game

if it's so good why haven't i played it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Abdhyius wrote: »

It's just addition ?

because going oh lol adding digits, we never said 39 was one number, silly

fuck that eat shit

Hey it's in the title.

Puzzle not equation.

But I guess I see your point.

Feral wrote: »
    The puzzle a bit on the cheezy side yes but at least its not one of those stupid 4+5 x 2 argument puzzles on facebook or one of those stupid pattern puzzles where they assign value to an icon but have like fries equal 5 but in one of the icons take out 2 out of 5 fries.

I'm kinda okay with those because counting things is a normal thing that people have to do. They're a little frustrating because the images are usually jpeg-compressed to shit and the icons are tiny and most social media usage is on phone apps. Whether you notice that one yellow clump of pixels is four bananas instead of five bananas has as much to do with your eyesight and screen quality as it does with your perceptiveness to detail.

But ultimately the skills involved aren't particularly weird, its just like counting up a bill at a grocery store. Each apple is worth 5 and each banana is worth 1 and you have to count how many you have of each.

The reason I think people get frustrated at the puzzle we're discussing in chat is because adding digits together without regards to placement is just not something that people do in any other context (except in conspiracy theories, numerology, and other wacky bullshit).

*shrug* i dunno, i used to spend a lot of time on the puzzling stack exchange and adding digits together is just one of a bunch of things you try when you're solving weird math pattern puzzles

i guess it's a context thing? it doesn't seem that weird at all to me.

vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.